Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 12:35:44
Page:  1 
Things from by gone years Started by: Chris_Vaughn on Jan 30, '15 21:27

Well with one of my best buds, ATS or Morten as some of you knew him, retiring and with the excellent thread regarding MR superstitions, coupled with another conversation i had with yet another Dinosaur like myself, I was just wondering, what you guys used to do, back in the day, that you can no longer do, or get away with now the game has developed.

For instance, I remember being really bored and was thinking of wacking myself, so i decided to shoot the family RHM instead. When a request for the WS went out 30 seconds later, I owned up and told a heart wrenching story of how I'd tried to mail him about some in game rule clarification and shot him by mistake. I was so sorry at this terrible accident, how could I make it up? I was somehow forgiven, not only by the CL but by the Gangster RHM who had just lost his Capo account. Of course you can't get away with stuff like this since safety's etc.

Or there was the time I publicly slagged every CL in the Game, and self proed my way all the way to Earner, the highest achievable unsponsored rank at that time.

I also remember faking WS, by saving the game and altering the HTML, taking a screen shot, and getting someone wacked for no good reason. Again you can't do this as easily anymore as the game is no longer written in just plain old HTML.

So, what do you remember doing that you can't do anymore?

Report Post Tip

I fondly remember UncleNicky shooting at himself with such regularity as 94Octane that he essentially became unkillable.

In my days of reckless youth, I distinctly remember that the west coast was the place to go for random wacks. If no one was online, no WS went out and those cities were traditionally sparse, for whatever reason. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Waaaay back in the day,  around 2001  (Sadly, before I even became a player) there was this female user who was very very VERY attractive.  She used to give nude cam shows to the other leaders and big wackers of the game for "protection".  Now days, I don't think that would float with the staff for legal reasons :)

Old versions of mirc used to come with the option "Join channel when invited" on by default, so if you really wanted to stage a scene that makes it look like people are up to no good, you would create a channel like "#operationNYtakedown" then invite any known trouble makers who are away from the keyboard, then your victim in there.  Then you go to the powers that be on an anonymous name and be all "Yo, I just got invited to the war room for taking down NY by InsertNameHere, check out #operationNYtakedown.  They would whois the channel and see all the bad names, and your victims name and it was like pure sweet confirmation :P

This started 2 wars that I know of :)

Again you can't do this as easily anymore as the game is no longer written in just plain old HTML.

Actually, its even easier now.  You don't have to save the file, edit it, then load it like before. All the browsers either have a built in debug, or a debug add-on that lets you fiddle with stuff live.  So you can click an area of the page, it brings up the html for just that area, hit backspace a few times, replace it with the text you want.  Screen shot.  Boom.

Report Post Tip

I remember that young lady you speak of Squishy. I remember using the auto invite for fun, like creating a room like #BDSM-Cock Lovers and inviting random people to it, but i never thought of starting a war that way :D

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Things from by gone years
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL