Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 15:06:34
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Godfather Commission Rulings Started by: Curtis on Jan 31, '15 12:06

This says that for a potential leader to qualify for authorization to set up a new family, they must ​demonstrate an ability to speak publicly. It continues to mention that this presence doesn't need to be strong or consistent, but the need to be known is there. IF potential leader cannot manage one single speech, their should be serious doubts, about their ability to lead. 

IvanRomanov,  I am sure I pointed out already that a well thought out retort to an existing discussion may well be construed as a speech.  I have also pointed out I would prefer it if said speech was indeed instigated by said new leader.  This doesn't change the fact that as things stand with the ruling it is perhaps a little open to interpretation.  This seems to work much better for me than stating:

• AverageJoe must have made at least 1 original speech.
  • AverageJoe must have discussed xxxx number of topics.

We learnt from the reign of "those that must not be mentioned" that a blanket set of defined rules that everybody must adhere to to the letter is not the best way to go about things and as such a set of guidelines that can be interpreted and enforced by each Godfather in a way he or she sees fit is the way to move forward.  It gives us a little bit of leeway to run things along a set of guidelines without forcing everyone to run their operation in exactly the same way.  Sure, this may eventually lead to friction between people but we have the structure in place to discuss and amend these rulings as we see fit in the monthly City Heads meeting.  I have no doubt that due to the interest and opinions voiced on this particular part of the guidelines / rules that have been set forth it will take a reasonably high priority on our "to discuss" list.  

It is probably worth remembering that with change comes acclimatisation, with acclimatisation comes reflection and with reflection comes improvement.

Report Post Tip

Following blindly? I think not. People are entitled to speak up respectfully if there is something that should be taken into account. The Godfathers are people too, perhaps they missed it, or didn't think of certain situations? Should we be fearful of our Godfathers? Should we not have an opinion or a concern that we cannot discuss with them? Most Godfathers I have interacted with tend to appreciate people speaking to them. It is when you are name calling or being a complete dolt that they usually start taking offense.

I really hate the way you suggest that a person under Made Man cannot have an opinion or a thought until they reach those particular ranks. I don't see an issue with an under Made having an opinion. At least it shows that they are speaking up and attempting to understand certain things in our community. Never a bad thing in my opinion. Silencing anyone is wrong.

Report Post Tip

"I would do everything in my power to overturn how others felt about this. I would be making my name known for all to see. After all, it is their district leader's respect and honor on the block. Not theirs."

And if unable to do on your own, for Christ's sake don't let this minor handicap [your muteness] discourage you from making yourself known to the public. One can always employ the services of a ghostwriter and sign under as your own.

Report Post Tip

Ok look, I think this needs to be made clear, once more, from another voice than Godfather Kelly's as the admirable lass has done quite enough for one discussion. I'll even put it on a box on the wall to make it easier to see:

The rule about street presence is meant to simply give additional assurance that a new leader is not a complete cretin. That they have the capacity for coherent speech and can participate in a clearly worded conversation. 

We all know that leadership involves many skills. At times the least of those required skills will be the ability to speak in public. However, at some point during a leader's reign they will almost certainly be called upon to speak in public. Whether that is to make an announcement, support a family members's efforts or respond to someone calling them out, they do need the ability to speak, should it be called upon.

Therefore, the need to demonstrate that ability, whether through participation in discussions such as this, or through starting a speech or discussion of their own, is a requirement for auth under this regime.  

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

Report Post Tip

Change is not simply a change of direction it is a process.

It really saddens me that people continue to be so negative about everything people try to implement to better our world and more fairly and equally reward the hardest of workers in our community.

The community should feel free to express when they feel these bold new aspirations are not being met; but it is it really necessary to be so cynical about everything?

I really like the rulings of the council, I have my doubts about how effective some of them will be; as do a lot of you I imagine. I am however prepared to allow them the opportunity to attempt to regulate and enforce them.

The saddest part of our streets and community is we take less issue with leaders that do nothing than ones who attempt to make a difference...

Just a bit of food for thought.

*Veritas tips his hat and wanders off again*

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

IvanRomanov enters the streets to hopefully bring the old Godfather Commission Rulings to light once again. After the death of a newly appointed leader, it was only right that these were brought up once more for others so that mistakes did not happen again. Especially ones that could have been easily fixed.

"My fellow comrades, I am just trying to make sure that these rulings are once again heard and followed. With the latest death of a newly appointed leader being removed due to not following the rules set forth by the Godfather Commission so long ago, I feel its only right that these are brought forth once again.

Its really a shame that history repeats itself with new leaders being gunned down due to simple rule infractions. I sincerely hope that with this rulings coming forward, we can break that trend."

Ivan takes a step back so that others can regain their knowledge on rules concerning newly elected leaders.

Report Post Tip

TLWolf left his house heading to a nearby restaurant to have his breakfast, when he noticed that Poster out there, there was a lot of people gathered around it reading out what it said. It seemed like a very Important thing, so he walked towards it, trying to get to the front to be able to read, and when he finally did, he started reading it out. Seems like new rules. He remembered a quote he once heard from a wise guy. 

The More Corrupted The State, The More Numerous The Laws

He is not really totally with that quote, Rules are Important somehow otherwise we would be living in the Jungle. Rules Must be there, this is what he thinks.

He eventually walked away heading to the restaurant to have his breakfast.

Report Post Tip

Archy noticed some figure walkingby, he recognized the bum as some no name from the west who tries to make a presence in every street corner, he walks nearby and hits the guy's shoulder giving him a look of disdain.

"Your looks are not to be here idiot, not that we care about your stupid quotes anyway."

That's an appropriate response, Archy. A real example of how we should behave and how a leader should act.

Actually that's to set an example that retards place aren't here,, I've noticed that fella in more that one place and I assure you his words are worthy nothing, I am sure most of the people who came across him can't even understand what he is on about, I don't really care about being this syndicate's icon, I'm settled with being the king of South Philly.

With that Archy tipped his hat at Maedhros and moved on

Report Post Tip
Even if his response was a tad confusing he didn't say anything that should really provoke a reaction such as yours. I see that you're not interested in representing yourself in a positive or respectable fashion, your highness.
Report Post Tip

I'd say I am rather interested in keeping the quality in our place, we worked hard to make these streets flourish, not for some retard who can't make a proper sentence out and make people despise walking into the streets.

But again what I am interested to do is my business and mine only. I appreciate your advice, I would've used it if I wanted. I sure as hell know how to represent myself, and I don't need you to tell me how.

Report Post Tip
With people like him the streets are alive at least. (look at the argument it sparked!)
Not saying that's good, and the quality could indeed be better, but good to see the top is so busy aiding people improve their speaking skills. Very nice.
Report Post Tip

The argument might be related some how to him, but he didn't spark it. As you know he has already roamed the streets for long enough to be noticed and I never cared to be honest, but it's becoming rather annoying seeing the same face everywhere doing the same stuff and not being a productive member of the community and that's what sparked the argument, then your love of arguments just for the sake of it, made it go on.

Archy takes a deep breath

I really don't appreciate your sarcasm here, you don't know me, your judgement is rather invalid. I do help anyone to improve their speaking skills if they asked nicely, had he came to me about it I might have helped him. I had citizens from his city and other cities approach me about their street presence and how to represent themselves in the best manner and I sure helped them, because those deserved help. But who are you again to judge me?

Archy shrugs

Report Post Tip
Hello sir, I'm Maedhros, self-appointed judge, son of the self-appointed prosecutor.
In this instance he just gave his modest thoughts on the subject, but I guess that's unproductive. I'm sure calling him names is waaaay better and really improved his and other's vision on the rules.
Report Post Tip

Archy claps feeling impressed with the man's talent to introduce himself.

What thoughts are you talking about? I've barely seen him speaking, always expressing that he is thinking and we are supposed to read through his mind and thoughts. I am sure I can do what I want simply because it's none of your business.

Report Post Tip
Sure, you can do that, just don't be surprised if anyone disturbs your peaceful world.
Report Post Tip

If we are truly moving ahead, is this still relevant or nah.

In my opinion it truly is not, I understand the reasoning for not allowing no one district to be extremely powerful over the others, but the previous war has shown to prove that underdogs do prevail and that change is necessary, so like I was saying it is our way to fill the districts as the gods demand and I fill crews, don't put restrictions on how many families can be allowed per district. The gods have done that for you, and please don't put them up there because at the end of the day, it's the users chose who they want to join allow them to join a family despite families or districts or rules standing I the way.

Report Post Tip

Power shifts and flexes as the world develops. Two opposing powers will either collide and destroy one or the other, or in the case of the Godfathers Commission, they came together and outlined controls to keep the former from happening. 

In a way, it worked. 

Report Post Tip

You realize everyone on this council is dead, thus negating anything that was said.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Commission Rulings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL