Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 21:58:07
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Is Our Society In Decline and Does It Need Visionaries? Started by: Maria on Feb 02, '15 22:29

"Sounds to me like your words fail to match your actions, bud. Common sense says if I am what you and Barry say I am that there's no chance I'd get the position... so it's free money. So do you actually think so little of me, or are you lacking confidence in your own words?"

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure there's a way for me to further simplify my opinion at this point, but I'll try.

I claim most people don't care about what you have to say.
I do not believe you being a CL would change this fact remotely.
I reject the premise that you being a CL invalidates my belief that the majority don't care for/about your opinions.

Therefore, believe it would be a supremely stupid bet to take as I am risking 100 credits to prove something I don't believe this wager can actually prove. The fact that you think it would be such an attractive idea if you were in my shoes probably says a great deal, I think.

I don't really think we can take this conversation any further without going in circles, so I'll take my leave.

Report Post Tip

Denam rests his arm on Guevara's shoulder.

My friend, you have substantially better things to do than try to reason with this individual. Even when confronted with detailed and complete dissolution of his ramblings, he rambles on. The best thing to do is simply ignore him; among his myriad of inadequacies, his mind is impermeable to reason. It's best to simply leave it as it is and hope no one is deterred from providing their thoughts on this matter.

Denam looks through the crowd to see if anyone else intends to provide an actual contribution to the discussion.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"I never said it would prove anything one way or the other. I said based upon your stated opinion of me, the thought of someone like myself getting a Crewleader position would be impossible, therefor making it not a risk at all. Meaning you're not making a wager you're taking free money. Getting that position wouldn't say anything about me other than I could get the position. Your choice, is it impossible for me to get the position or not? Do you want free money or not? They go hand in hand in this bet. Nothing else is proven or denied by whether or not I succeed other than proving if I'm capable of getting the spot."

Report Post Tip

If I may spare good Guevara more wasted breath, and having admittedly ignored a great majority of what you said, I believe Guevara has made it clear not once, but thrice that he is not interested in your wager. Hope that helps.

I do admire your spirit WhereWasI, the way you fearlessly insist on matching wits against men clearly above your station in terms of verbal sparring. You are repeatedly left to ruin in these streets, yet no defeat, no humiliation seems to ever extinguish the fire within you.  In the House of Batiatus we call that the heart of a Gladiator.  Perhaps set your tongue's ambitions toward matching wits with more realistic opponents and and see yourself a victor for once in debate? Maybe CristianRonaldo's seed when he returns. If history is any indicator, it should be some time tomorrow. Leave the more inspiring banter to those with the proper breeding for it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Jungle lets the voice of Maria sink in and ponders. He then raises his brow and begins to speak after clearing his throat. 

Maria I feel that society is at it's decent when one can not speak. Speak without offense to someone's tender ears. Many times within this community members become offended at the slightest. Almost as if we are in the midst of Nuns and Priests. Therefore the water that we tread we must tread lightly. This only further complicates the issue at hand. We are supposed to be thugs and gangsters once we enter into this world of ours. However, we remain stuck in the civilian frame of mind. No offense should be taken for sharing their view, but by their actions to the community. Being offended when someone isn't doing what you want them to do shouldn't happen, but this is what this world seems to have become. 

Jungle pulls his flask and takes a shot before sitting down. 
Report Post Tip
Very insughtful and true ..
Report Post Tip

Phantom was sitting down outside enjoying a fresh coffee, with cream on top and chocolate toppings. The first sip burned the tip of his tongue, which annoyed him as he specifically asked the waiter for lots of milk. At least she got the right amount of sugar for Phantom's coffee. Two and a bit spoons of sugar is the perfect amount! Phantom always asked for his coffee like that. Maybe because it was the way he use to make it and Phantom wasn't a fan of change. In fact he has been going to the same coffee place for years. Phantom was enjoying the sun beaming down, the temperature was perfect unlike the temperature of his coffee. He just relaxing, keeping everything calm and planning out the day ahead in his mind.

Suddenly Phantom heard a loud noise. It woke him up faster than the coffee, he turned his head to where the noise had came from. It was a car door slamming shut. A figure was leaning up against the frame of her car, with a cigarette in her hand. A bodyguard stood beside her as she began to speak. Her voice brought a large crowd out, everyone in the surrounding area was listening. She spoke in a very authoritative voice and she demonstrated confidence. It clearly showed in her posture. She began to ask a very simply yet difficult question to answer.

"Is our society in decline, and is our society in need of visionaries?"

Phantom thought to himself for several minutes. The words echoed in his head. He gathered his words and took a deep breath. The warm air filled his lungs calming him down. Hoping not to choke on his words, he began to speak.

"Is our society in decline? Short answer is no. But the long, more complicated answer is that our society is not in decline and nor will it ever be. But times change and so do our aspects of this world of ours. Standards change, people change and society changes. Is it for the better or worse? Who knows? But change is good, as who here would constantly go to sleep if they had the same old boring dream? No one and it is as simply as that."

Phantom smiled as he finished answering the first question, he collected his thoughts together before answering the last question.

"Does our society need visionaries? Does dog need a bone? Visionaries are the main foundation for this world of ours. But as someone before me said, It is impossible for everyone to be a visionary. Some people lack the ability to be a visionary but make up for it in many different ways."

Report Post Tip

I would constantly go to sleep, seeing as my body requires it every now and then. I also disagree that our society won't ever be in decline; it is entirely possible that in the future this world will be ruled by inexperienced and horrendous leaders, who also happen to be very mean.

We need visionaries, but we need them in the appropriate places (Godfather, CL, hand).

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is Our Society In Decline and Does It Need Visionaries?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL