Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 06:06:53
Page:  1 
Streets and Business District Activity Started by: Barney_Ross on Feb 04, '15 19:58

ATTENTION: This thread is mainly aimed towards the Suburbs, Chicago.

Barney had booked the courthouse for a meeting this afternoon. He was standing at the judge's podium as the others arrived. He cleared his throat to silence them.

My friends, why don't we talk as much as we used to and why are there so few businesses in this world of ours, and even less successful ones? 

Are they worth it? Yes, absolutely. It helps you gain both connections and an edge over the competition. 

Maria claims that we need more visionaries. I agree with her completely.

Active posters, businesses, and all else benefits everyone in a district, a city, and in some ways most of the people in our world. 

We don't need visionaries. We need the ones that already exist to come out of hiding, and create businesses, post in the Streets, etc. 

I call upon a few people in particular for help in my pursuit of this. 

KarmenKayne, you are one of the best Role players that Chicago has ever had. Your business is working well for you and your Streets Presence is simply outstanding.

Maria, you made a great Streets post the other day. Your Masquerade Ball was a huge success. Your knowledge of our language is superb, your role-playing abilities even better.

PaulHeyman, you've reached an important place in our community. Why not use that position to your advantage? Become even more known through a Streets presence, maybe open up a business of your own?

Nighthawk, I'm glad that you are considering creating a business of your own. I will gladly help you do so in any and all ways possible.

If anyone has anything to say on the matter, please speak now. Thank you for your time.

Report Post Tip
The more weight we out into our word, the more powerful and important they become. The cities are filled with gifted talkers, story tellers, and bullshit con artist. If you stand on the various corners of the world, you start hearing more voices chimming in. Voices that usually never spoke before are sharing their two cents. I for one greatly appreciate it. Remember ladies and gentlemen, our words are weapons and chris_vaughn is a jabroni.
Report Post Tip

My friends, why don't we talk as much as we used to and why are there so few businesses in this world of ours, and even less successful ones? 

People have less to say, are afraid to speak their minds or don't want to do the effort, I think.

Are they worth it? Yes, absolutely. It helps you gain both connections and an edge over the competition. 

Then it would depend on these things:

• If people want to put in any effort.
  • If people like to speak on the streets or do their thing in the business district.

Maria claims that we need more visionaries. I agree with her completely.

Perhaps we do need visionaries, perhaps we don't. Time will tell us what the current regime will bring us and if we are in need of visionaries to give us a better future.

We don't need visionaries. We need the ones that already exist to come out of hiding, and create businesses, post in the Streets, etc. 

So first you claim we need Visionaries, then you say we don't need them and finally you claim you need visionaries that already exists, even though we don't need them (according to you)? Why do visionaries need to post in the business district?

The last bit was infected with OOCitis, I think you might need to go to a doctor for that. Also I don't understand why you felt you needed to bring this to the streets, since it pretty much praises the Suburbs and doesn't add much else. You even say in the opening that this whole corner is pretty much dedicated to Suburbs.

Report Post Tip

Well, after reading again it would seem that I typed it a little too fast...

Maria, you made a great Streets post the other day. Your Masquerade Ball was a huge success. Your knowledge of our language is superb, your role-playing abilities even better.

Seeing as Prae / Praefect made that post I apologize. 

Report Post Tip

I wondered about that as well. Also, good to see that the admins are on top of the forums stuff and moved this to OOC. 

Report Post Tip

This post played out so much better in my head at 3 am this morning...

Report Post Tip

I'd just like to respond to the part concerning my own presence. Barney_Ross, it is fully my intention to post more than I have been. The Streets really are important to me. Sadly, that hasn't been possible in the last few weeks or so, given the amount of actual writing I've had to do outside of here. I'm currently sitting in front of a pile of 9 books I'm using to write a presentation I've got to deliver tomorrow on the highly contentious issue of the Israel/Palestine conflict. Aside from that I also 10,000 words to write in the space of a week, which took up a considerable amount of my time. So, forgive me if I've not necessarily written about things that don't necessarily affect my chances of getting a masters degree in recent weeks, but that will change given the free time. Writing streets threads is a pretty time-consuming business and not everyone has the time for it all the time.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Whoa, whoa, whoa Ragnarok, you don't get to call the Rock a jabroni. This isn't 'let's all pretend to be The Rock.com'. Now as much as the Rock respects you, as much as The Rock admires you on occasion, don't ever let the Great One catch you using his catch phrases again or I'm gonna stick your head so far up your ass your gonna have to cut holes in your nipples to see!

Anyway, Barney, I applaud you. I'd love to see everything you have asked for come true. There are a lot of great people in Chicago, and you have the capability to be one of the greatest cities in MR. I personally go from complete inactivity in the streets, to completely over the top, as you may have noticed. I think what the people need is a character that they enjoy role playing. I certainly find that it helps me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Streets and Business District Activity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL