Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 13:02:35
Page:  1 
A Good Heart Started by: Muriel on Feb 06, '15 04:48

Muriel was sitting down at the desk in her apartment. She didn't have much right now since the move to America, but she had enough to feel at home. A bed, a vanity, a dresser, a kitchen table with chairs, and a couch with a coffee table. Of courses a desk also, but she was already seated there.

She was writing a letter to her father back home to let him know everything that had went on. There was much to be said between the death of her comrade and the people she had met now, but most of all she wanted to tell him about having a heart. This was something she noticed among the few people she had met so far and she always talked to her papa about everything.

As she wrote, she spoke out loud to herself, for some reason speaking to herself was like confirming what she was writing.

“Dear Papa,

It is I, Muriel, from across the sea. I thought you should know that your comrade and his men died the day I came, but it was not in vein. He had created allies among these shores and they have now taken me in, but I am sorry for your loss.”

She left out how she felt about the loss. She felt bad that he had died, but she was relieved now and wouldn't be forced into a marriage she wanted nothing to do with. Of course she could never tell her father that. Continuing to write to him she felt in her heart a homesick feeling slowly creeping up.

“Although I wanted to tell you something about what I have noticed in my time here. The power of people's hearts. Many I have met have hearts of gold. They beat loudly with a caring beat to each pump. When I showed, no one turned me away, they didn't question my abilities, they found where my specialty was and help me grow. Their hearts flow out with friendship and strength. They bring you up and let you know that you are useful no matter what.”

She thought about the few souls she had met, Magnolia "Kaboom" was one. She was there supporting Muriel, letting her know that even in the midst of everything it was okay to have a clouded mind once in a while. There was also Batiatus, he led her with a strong, but helping hand. He let her know that even though she was still young and only making small runs for money, that she still had worth. She was still important.

“Yet, there are some hearts that are cold. They look down on you and they are rude. They only have respect because of fear. They either barely speak to you and have nothing to do with you or they speak to you like you are a fool. Some even don't even treat you like another human being, they care less about your opinion or feelings. Only if they can use you for their betterment do you even slightly matter. These hearts are hardened and I wonder what happened to bring them to be like this? Can it be undone?”

Looking up from the paper she sighed. Perhaps she should expect people in the mafia to be like this. They kill each other for business, but wouldn't there still be some human grace inside of them? The easier way to make enemies is by treating people poorly. They may seem loyal but as soon as they see a moment where you are weak they would strike.

People follow good leaders, the ones that get their hands dirty, the ones that do the same work you do, and not the ones who just sit there expecting everyone else to do it for them. Even the person next to her, at the same rank as her, if they were willing to put in the same work as she was doing then she would happily be there for them and help them out. Someone with a cold heart in their time of need, who would help them? No one.

“I am happy to say though, papa, that I find most people on these shores have good hearts. Makes the place feel more like home when I am far from it. I miss you dearly and I hope to see you again someday. Until then...

Love,

Muriel”

She placed her pen down and looked the letter over. She was satisfied with what she shared with him and would write him again soon. Folding the letter up and placing it in and envelope, she then sealed it with a kiss. Oh, how she missed her father and the mainland, but she was growing to love where she was now. Her new home held good hearts and this made her strive to be more than they could ever expect.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Hail Batiatus.

While rummaging through my associates' belongings with my Underboss, The Reverend_Al_Sharpton, I came across a letter written by Muriel, a promising member of my Ludus, to her father in her native land of Scotland.  These intrusions of my associates' quarters are routine in The House of Batiatus, and are conducted regularly, searching for signs of betrayal or treachery.  Yet the letter to her father spoke words of praise in regards to her Dominus.  I was honored by her sentiments.  While the good Reverend pilfered through pockets in search of coin, I read on and reflected on her words.

A member absent value, or one left to feel absent worth highlights the failure of their leader.  While much emphasis is put on the training of one's weaponry, one must not overlook other strengths and qualities that could serve as beneficial to one's own ludus.  I had spotted strength in Muriel upon her arrival and spoke with her to that end recently.  Nobody that serves underneath me is expendable, no one is without worth. A leader encourages these strengths and finds value in their members, even when the member can't see it themselves. It pleased me to know my words held weight with Muriel.  She will one day become a Gladiator, elevating this House and honoring her father's name.

Reverend_Al_Sharpton, return the quarters to the state in which we found them, as to not alert anyone to our presence.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Good Heart
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL