Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 19:39:25
Page:  1 
Three Paths Started by: Nephthys on Feb 09, '15 05:49

There are three paths in our lives. The Past, The Present and The Future. For the longest time I stood at one particular path; the past.

The Past held so many questions. I relived every little conversation and action my ancestors had. I tried to dissect every meaning in everything because there were so many things I did not understand. So many things I wanted to know. No matter how long I stood in this path I could not find the answers I was seeking. There were doors that were closed and just would not budge when I pressed against them. I remained there even after that realization in hopes that if I did not move off this path I would find everything I needed to know. Needless to say, I did not get lucky.

So I moved to the Present. Now this is a lovely place to be isn't it? Surely this is where I want to be and yet something is lacking. In the present I feel the broken shards of inspiration. I feel the heavy weight of those that have gone before me and abandoned their talent and abilities. I can feel all the hurt my ancestors have inflicted on those whose paths crossed theirs. It is in the Present that the numbness starts to fade and reality starts to hit. I can no longer hold myself accountable for the actions of my ancestors because they are gone. No longer do they reside among the Earth, but rather in it. So looking from the Present, I turn to the Future.

The Future holds all my slivers of hopes and dreams. It is in the Future that I can be happy and truly be as I am meant to be. Of all the paths there are, it is the Future that burns the brightest. The ability to put my talents that I have learned from my ancestors and mentors to use. The ability to burn brighter than those that have come before me. The chance to show that I am not them. I am not the Past.

So here's to the three paths that I have been through. The three paths that I have dwelled and skipped back and forth on. These are the paths that will always remain to me. It is up to me what I do with them.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It had been a long day for Torle, many things had happened and he made his first purchase for a local business that he was simply delighted with - continuing along the road he noticed an individual - in deep discussion with those around them, a few words had sparked his interest and he walked closer to listen to their thoughts - it was almost like poetry or rather some advice, either way those that had gathered were all listening intently. After it appeared that the individual had finished - Torle piped up with some thoughts of his own...

I would like to reference a popular quote for this particular occasion - 'The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.'

Don't worry about your past -> rest assured you have learnt lessons well and it is what makes you - you.

Don't worry about tomorrow -> it will always bring you closer to whatever goal you wish to achieve.

Worry about today - as this is your resolve and your true median. It's the past that makes you who you are today and you should always trust who you are to take you into tomorrow - and the rest of your future.

/cheer

Report Post Tip

Why not take all three paths at once?

• Look back upon & learn from the past. Look at your ancestor's actions and decide if they were just or not; look in the past to know who you can and can't trust.
  • Think of the impact that your actions in the present might have in the future. The present has the most impact of all three paths, I think.
  • Be mindful of the future, don't expect too much. We can predict what might happen, but we can't know for certain. Sometimes we have to take a risk in the present to possibly achieve a goal in the future.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Three Paths
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL