Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 09:13:50
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Walk Around Chicago Started by: Prince_William on Feb 11, '15 00:12

Prince_William takes a stroll through the city of chicago to acquaint himself with his newest Cities Upper Strructures, as he rounds into the suburbs he searches for the District GF to say hello

he makes his way up to the headquarters of Maria ( Godfather Of The Wolf Pack) he notices no one is around

on the door he see's a sign that says:

Crewleader: Maria (Godfather)
CL Recent Activity: Extremely Low
RHM: Dexter (Consigliere)
RHM Recent Activity: Obscenely Low
LHM: Sweezy (Capo)
LHM Recent Activity: Extremely Low

he wonders out loud to himself

"how can someone lead when they arent around ?"

"surely this must'nt be a trend in chicago as i noticed ajani is always around and so is Kelly_Kapowski"

Prince_William hails a cab over to the headquarters of Spunky  (Godfather Of The Froot Loops of South Side)

as he goes up to the door he notices a sign very similar to Maria Headquarters and this one reads:

Crewleader: Spunky (Godfather)
RHM: None
LHM: Conor_McGregor (Capo)
LHM Recent Activity: Low

he says to himself

"well this cant be good half of my cities Godfather's appear to be asleep at the wheel"

"well it is time for a drug run anyway perhaps ill stop over in Detroit and see how they fare"

Prince_William hails a cab to the airport and boards a flight to Detroit

anxiously he sells his drugs off and heads towards Transporter ( Godfather Of Thirteen (13) ) to say hello

he steps up to the steps head filled with the idea of speaking to the only Godfather in Detroit

on the headquarters door he see's a very familiar sign that reads:

Crewleader: Transporter (Godfather)
RHM: Tabbington (Consigliere)
RHM Recent Activity: Average
LHM: Arthas (Boss)
LHM Recent Activity: Obscenely Low

"this is a disturbing trend apparently"

"how can so many people be in charge of districts and cities and not be present to do so?"

"is this the prospect of things to come?"

"are we to become a society of Sleeping Leaders?"

as Prince_William turns about to walk away he hears one poor soul trudging away in the headquarters

tabbington plugging numbers into the the Family's log book

he knocks on the window and gets @Tabbingtons attention and tips his hat to show respect for Tabbington appears to be the only one in 3 Godfather families that is awake and working hard (sure by a small margin but working is working and not sleeping)

Report Post Tip
Crewleader: Katniss (Consigliere)
RHM: space--pole (Made Man)
RHM Recent Activity: Low
LHM: Mighty (Boss)
LHM Recent Activity: Obscenely Low

I couldn't help but notice you left your own crew leader out of your statement. No disrespect to Katniss, she is a lovely lady with a lot of talent and hope to offer this world. My comment is about her activity or lack of activity.

I have spoke to Godfather Spunky multiple times today alone. I have seen him around this world most of today, carrying out his Godfather duties like he should be. As to Godmother Maria and Godfather Transporter, I can't comment on those two. I have only personal spoken to Godmother Maria once today, but I have passed her in a local drinking house around noon today.

This 'activity' measurement means absolutely dick to me, and just about everyone else.

Report Post Tip
I have left my crew leader out merely because if you paid attention I was visiting godfathers or trying to visit the godfathers I should say
Report Post Tip

See prince, your a brand spanking new Goomba!!! You are within your means to question such actions. But there is more to be said about this than what you have written. It takes an awful ridiculous amount of time to climb the chains in our world. These GodFathers that you critique here today have paid their dues, most have spent tons of time and sweat to get to the highest rung in their respective district/cities. Are there others that still put in more time than others? Yes! There will always be people that keep at it, and some sorta take a back seat. 

For example, most CL's I expect to be here and working. Because as the Under Boss or a captain, it is your job to make sure whatever the GF has commanded gets done on the streets. From enforcement to earnings...

But when one of these CL's have paid enough of their dues and they are finally in a position to rise to the rank of GodFather, they are allowed to take a back seat of sorts. Most let their UnderBoss's control daily affairs, while the GF sits back and makes sure that everything is being taken care of as directed. After the amount of grunt work they've done, its surely something they have earned. Let the Made's, UB's and Captains run daily affairs, let the GF's rest. They have earned it!!!

Now you can certainly signal at Ajani and Curtis as being active...hell even my GF is about. But thats why they are Chairman!!! Some Old Fathers refuse to take a back seat, so they take chairmanships...but everyone is different. Some like the spot light. Others like to step aside somewhat and let the younger crowd take life by the horns. But that by no means says they are less capable, or less deserving. They have already done their jobs to get to GF, let them sit back and enjoy their empires as they see fit. 

You and I on the other hand are young'yn  over here!!! Its our jobs to do the dirty work that our GodFathers command! So stop pointing fingers, take a flight, push some drugs...hott some crazy mofos!!! Make the police departments go crazy looking for ghosts!!! Thats our job, our GF's did this ages ago...and they for sure are deserving of some rest at this point in their lives. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I paid full attention to what you had to say, and I offered you a piece of your own pie really

Crewleader: Kelly_Kapowski (Godfather)
CL Recent Activity: Average

There, a piece of information to cement my initial comments. Does this mean Godmother Kelly is doing a bad job? Absolutely not. Between ass shaking and boy teasing, she does a fine job being a leader in this world. At any point in time I can knock on her door and have a pleasant conversation with her. Her 'activity' is measured by metrics that mean little to us.

Report Post Tip

Rest assured, GodMother Maria is doing her duties for the suburbs of Chicago. I have mailed her previously and her replys have always been so cheerfull. She has also found my mailing to not be less important simply because of my rank for which I am greatful. This proves she's still keeping active with even the lower ranking mobsters of her suburbs along with the upper structures. 

As Ragnarok mentioned ...

"This 'activity' measurement means absolutely dick to me, and just about everyone else."

TwistedFate takes his seat, awaiting other mobster's input.

Report Post Tip
Ok I just want to ask people in this game do we have nothing better to do then bitch about other people and how many hours they play in a day or wonder if they should be in power ..

The answer is who gives a fuck and play the game . Build yourself up and have fun in the process of doing it .. We all have real life's and have done something wrong to pass off people in this game and in real life . It's how you learn from your fuck ups and move forward ..

Thank you and have a nice day Hudsonhawk out
Report Post Tip
Cocoa steps forward and takes a draw on his spliff.

" In my opinion I don't believe that activity really relates to how much said leaders
Are doing for their family's. If you can reach out and talk to them about a problem
And they fix it for you what more do you want? I'd be more worried if they were very
Active but didn't help out or do they're jobs as leaders. But that's just me. "

Cocoa steps back into the shadows taking the smell of weed with him.
Report Post Tip

"is this the prospect of things to come?"

i guess the answer is yes no one cares those in power have just called it quits in this thing of ours

Report Post Tip

Tony Capazzo stood and listened to everyone express their opinions. He too had a opinion himself but waited to give it, first he had a question for the Prince. It was a very simple question and one he hoped would be answer with a honest answer.

"Prince, this is a interesting topic you bring up. Before I go into my opinion I do have one question for you, what are your thoughts and opinions of Godmother Kelly Kapowski and her role as a Godmother?"

Tony asked the question for a reason and awaited the answer.

Report Post Tip

Considering this goes purely on hours in a week, if you have a real life job its near impossible to go above avreage activity prince, as to go above that task you need to log 40hrs or so a week which is near impossible if you work full time with travel etc, i belive these people aree active, just not portrayed in the best light of the time frame allowed by the game

Report Post Tip
We have all worked hard to get where we are and some of us also have a real life with a real job, for instance this week iv had ofsted visit, so il make up my game time else where, so don't think you have a leg to stand on because we are human n this does not pay the bills, I enjoy getting in and coming on here not to see someone throw there toys out the pram
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

He woke to his bodyguard Mr Tyson banging on his door. He sleepily rubbed his eyes and opened the door.

Sir, it was reported earlier you name was mentioned on the streets about your lack of activity recently.

He sighs and motions for Mike to get the car ready. He takes his time washing and gets  dressed before checking himself over in the mirror. He jumps in the car and makes his way down to find Prince_William. He climbs out of the car and makes his way over to the small crowd.

So let me get this straight you thought that it would be a good idea to say hello to Godfather's and Godmother's of Chicago by approaching their Headquarters to check their activity levels? Surely if you wanted to say hello you could of sent us a telegram? I am sure as you have seen I am quite fond of a conversation. 

Now my levels of activity have been lacking the last week or so but seeing as you are only a few days old I wouldn't expect you to know that before you were here my activity levels were better than what you think a Godfather/Godmother should be. Unfortunately we all have to take care of some business back in the old country from time to time which drags us away from here but fortunately telegrams and carrier pigeons are still able to get us messages if we are required quickly. Now if you had actually sent me a telegram here I would of been able to communicate that with you but instead you wanted to make a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Report Post Tip
Now that this is OOC, transporter and hudsonhawk please respect your in game positions and don't post OOC in the streets. Shame on both of you for doing that. You're not civilians and thugs, you're men in position of power within the game. Very disappointing to see such actions.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Perhaps it's shame on those in power for letting them reach such a position of power within the game Ragnarok? Or perhaps they can do whatever they damn well they please because you aren't their crew leader or even in the same city? 

I do find it ironic though when people talk about "standards slipping" and then set forth guide lines for positions such as crew leader only to see them barely met. But hey, I'm just a lowly Earner working hard for my button like everyone else out here so what do I know? 

Shingo tips his hat respectfully and continues on his way. 

Report Post Tip

Also the thread itself is referring to activity levels which as an indicator of how many hours someone logs into their account per week. It's really an OOC way for people to assess other peoples time spent in game. There's really now way from an in character perspective to know this information. I like the creativity, and I'm sure others will disagree it's an OOC thing. Just my opinion.

Back to the topic, I also agree with others who say that GF's have already put in their work and time. They actually can afford in a in both an character and out of character sense to chill a little. If a CL got given a position and had these activity levels then you could question the reasoning.

In the traditional structure someone already spoke of underboss' and capo's in the sense of them being the GF's CL's in a district. This tends to be the usual way most GF's structure their districts from what I have seen. Just as a Boss might take a back seat to let their Underboss and Capo's take a more hands on approach, it really comes down to the person in power and how they choose to operate.

I see no problem with it, and as many have mentioned when they do log in, they are more than active and on top of running their given territories and responsibilities.

At the end of a day it's just a game, and RL should be first priority. Activity levels reflect this in those you have pointed out Prince_William and it shouldn't be held against them.

Report Post Tip
Actually Godfather spunky I stopped by to say hello personally it just so happened that there was a sign up saying you weren't always around

I'm actually finding this enlightening that when a fresh off the boat guy like myself wants to go visit those in power while he waits for the next plane to arrive he is told that no one cares how active the respective godfathers are. Where I come from a godfather is a position of power and respect. How am I to respect someone who is always asleep? I just can't! That is why I was traveling far and wide to pay visits so I could see why these in power felt that them snoozing away was okay for their district or city

I've seen talks of new standards for button men and I am trying to make sure that when my time comes someone will remember my face and my tenacity I figured who else better to pay a visit to than the godfathers but it is apparent that they don't care to speak to new potential button men out of the blue. I figured since we have a small amount of active and vocal people around here I would strive to help fill those numbers but apparently I was mistaken apparently these sleeping godfathers don't want to meet new people these sleeping godfather's have become so comfortable that when someone new shows up they basically laugh and turn away. In this thing of ours isn't it a omen to turn away a new fresh face? Couldn't that new fresh face be coming to you to see if you are worth respecting? Couldn't that new fresh face be coming to you to see if you are worth keeping around? Couldn't that new fresh face be the one who slits your throat while you sleep? Seems to me there is a lot of reasons to get to know this new fresh face who wishes he become unforgettable

After all I am royalty!

We make shit happen!
Report Post Tip

What your referring to is how much time these members spend logged into the game. Not sure if you realize this or not. And if you do, how exactly does this effect them not actually wanting and being willing to meet you?

Report Post Tip

Bogie, being generally more observant than vocal, felt compelled to speak. His gravelly voice sounded tense and irritated even to his own ears.

"A goomba." he snarled. "A lot of mouth and not a lot of respect for your betters. Royalty? Maybe a royal idiot. You need to go see a doctor for that ridiculous case of diarrhea of the mouth you woke up with today. And then get your lazy butt in gear. I suggest you go about your assigned family duties and pay attention to your own shortcomings."

Report Post Tip

poor stupid bogie havent you learned what "out of character" means? or is this what we are to expect to come from you in the future is incompetency? didnt know katniss allowed ignorant people to sponsor people that asked for cash lol

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A Walk Around Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL