Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 07:56:52
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Downtown's Downpour Started by: Louis-Manciagli on Feb 11, '15 05:02

Slash, I rather like you. Out of my respect for you, I'll gladly provide precise reasons why we can all cheerfully disregard what WhereWasI has to say now and in the future.

First things first Louis-Manciagli's grandfather was a Godfather I believe, it might even be his great-grandfather for all we know.

Truthfully, I don't know how many iterations of his bloodline were between Louis-Man and Louis-Manciagli. Luckily, Cloud provided some keen information in his auth speech regarding this: "After the death of your father Downtown was shaken to it's very core. But with your help a long with so many others here, we have moved forward with our heads held high." That is a quote from Cloud's speech, authing Louis-Manciagli, and I consider the acting Godfather of Downtown to be a pretty good reference on this. WhereWasI has a nasty tendency to reduce arguments to petty disagreements over trivial details like whether Louis-Man was his father, grandfather, or great-grandfather. So not only is he incorrect; he's begun his contrary argument on a petty detail that has no value in the argument itself. Out of his profound arrogance, his argument features repeated referrals to Louis-Man as Louis-Manciagli's grandfather every time he gets the chance as a comical way of remarking upon what he considered to be an error on my part. Ironically, this was an error on his part. For those keeping score at home, this is one reason to not listen to WhereWasI.

Secondly, what's the average age in that district?

Irrelevant. WhereWasI likes to call attention to irrelevant details (like Louis-Man being Louis-Manciagli's father, rather than his grandfather) to make it seem like the argument he's attacking is invalid. Age is a requirement for the role of Godfathers, not Crewleaders. Plus, the "average age" of a district has no bearing on who should be picked for auth. Chalk that up for reason #2 not to bother listening.

What's your way of measuring who is deserving in another district you seem to know everything about?

First, I haven't claimed to know everything about Downtown. I was expressing my concerns, because as it has been depicted in the Streets, Louis-Manciagli has absolutely been selected because of who his father was. Second, the GFC has provided a means of measuring who is deserving, and I've merely echoed that protocol. We're just rolling along with these reasons to not listen, aren't we!

Who was supposed to get the auth besides him in that district?

Also irrelevant. I don't have to provide an alternate candidate in order to validate my concerns about his auth. The focus of my concerns were about the reasons for Louis-Manciagli's auth, not that someone else should have gotten it instead. Point #4? Boy these are racking up quickly.

And finally, where did you get your info that he was authed solely and entirely because of his BGs or his grandfather's name?

Well, the BGs were just something I threw in at the last minute. Truly, I believe it was just his FATHER'S name. And for this info, I'll go back to Cloud's auth speech (which, didn't you listen to it? It's like you only want to listen to what I say). I'll use the following quotes to construct this argument:

"After the death of your father Downtown was shaken to it's very core."

"You have worked your ass off for me, and I am going to give you the opportunity your father once gave me."

I believe that the death of Godfather Louis-Man at least indirectly prompted the need for an additional CL in Downtown, DT. It put Cloud in the position of acting Godfather with a HQ space to fill. And who does he select to fill that vacancy? Louis-Manciagli. Cloud mentions Louis-Manciagli's father two times before even suggesting Louis-Manciagli's merits for auth; and then follows the one merit ("you've worked your ass off") with a third mention of Louis-Manciagli's father: "the opportunity your father gave me." Cloud couldn't help but mention his father three times just in the short span of his auth ten-minute speech; and you're going to tell me that he was authed entirely on his own merits? No. That's willful ignorance of this situation. There's five reasons to disregard WhereWasI here, but why stop there?

How long does it really take to make an impression of competence in the streets? 5 Minutes?

GFC has told us; one speech. And if that takes five minutes, sure. But there's a reason the GFC committed to including that in their ruling. If you have a quarrel with that, take it up with them.

And the lass wanted the button removed if that's what it took to be the RH so... what? You're against granting people their wishes to be demoted? 

I said they've defied tradition. Demotion is a punishment. Revoking someone's button is the harshest penalty one can give, short of death. It signifies that your leader has lost their trust in you, and that you no longer deserve to be a part of their family. They could have waited a few days and quite literally just avoided this; but they defied tradition and went for it immediately. That's very concerning to me. That shows that the button never really meant anything in the first place.

You're obviously not from a very old bloodline because people used to choose to be demoted to Wise Guy or much lower (for BGs) all the time not that long ago, despite the fact you speak like an old man yammering on about traditions you clearly know nothing about.

Addddddd hominemmmmmmm..... The age of my bloodline is not an indicator for the merit of my arguments. And the fact that it was once acceptable in the past doesn't provide it merit today. People don't get demoted to thug for BGs anymore, WhereWasI. Haven't done that for a looong time. The Gods restructured how we employ our BGs, and we've used demotion as a punishment ever since. Plus, the act of demoting for BGs wasn't a mafia tradition; it was a loophole for cheap BGs. You get two strikes for this one; one for the ad hominem attack and one for trying to justify a modern social convention with a past one (an entirely defunct one, at that).

You then went at his work ethic again, which I am seriously interested in hearing how you've measured from a distance... Claim the auth was entirely because of his grandfather... which you're claiming but really yet to prove... Followed by a bit of spiteful rhetoric because of [insert reason for being an insecure asshole here].

It's like flipping a switch; the moment you start the ad hominem attacks, you just can't stay away from them. I didn't "go at" his work ethic. I said he probably has some merits for auth on his own (after reading Cloud's speech saying that he worked his ass off, I wasn't going to challenge that), but at the same time Cloud couldn't even get to those merits without mentioning his father three times. He isn't the only person in Downtown to have worked their ass off for Cloud, but he's the only one with Louis-Man's name. I have no spite for Louis-Manciagli, and my concerns aren't rooted in any insecurities. But thanks for another ad hominem! What is that, #9? I lost count.

More speculation...

No. These are not speculations. Louis-Man actually only came to the Streets for auth speeches; that's fact. He was authed in November and killed in January; that's fact. He was in power for months; that's fact. The only speculation I made was in quoting Lancelot; that Louis-Man had been "building something". I don't really know if he was doing that, I took it on Lancelot's word. But even then, that's hearsay, not speculation.

There you go Slash. There's ten reasons not to care about what WhereWasI has to say. He resorts to ad hominem attacks, diverts the focus of arguments to petty or irrelevant details, has no capacity for actual logical processes in the absence of fallacies, and is so consumed by his own arrogance to even consider the possibility that he's wrong or that the person he's attacking can be right. So you will have to excuse my waning patience to sort through such drivel.

Report Post Tip

Mighty walks through the commotion. It does not bother him. He lights his cigarette and walks straight towards Louis-Manciagli

Congrats! Always good to so eager people running a crew.

Good luck in Downtown.

Report Post Tip

Truthfully, I don't know how many iterations of his bloodline were between Louis-Man and Louis-Manciagli. Luckily, Cloud provided some keen information in his auth speech regarding this: "After the death of your father Downtown was shaken to it's very core. But with your help a long with so many others here, we have moved forward with our heads held high." That is a quote from Cloud's speech, authing Louis-Manciagli, and I consider the acting Godfather of Downtown to be a pretty good reference on this. WhereWasI has a nasty tendency to reduce arguments to petty disagreements over trivial details like whether Louis-Man was his father, grandfather, or great-grandfather. So not only is he incorrect; he's begun his contrary argument on a petty detail that has no value in the argument itself. Out of his profound arrogance, his argument features repeated referrals to Louis-Man as Louis-Manciagli's grandfather every time he gets the chance as a comical way of remarking upon what he considered to be an error on my part. Ironically, this was an error on his part. For those keeping score at home, this is one reason to not listen to WhereWasI.

It's called a sarcastic joke. It was done with the intent to mess with you and be a bit insulting. I'm glad to see you didn't fall for it.

Point Denam!

Irrelevant. WhereWasI likes to call attention to irrelevant details (like Louis-Man being Louis-Manciagli's father, rather than his grandfather) to make it seem like the argument he's attacking is invalid. Age is a requirement for the role of Godfathers, not Crewleaders. Plus, the "average age" of a district has no bearing on who should be picked for auth. Chalk that up for reason #2 not to bother listening.

Are you speaking to me or about me? Second, you came out here to be disrespectful to a Crew Leader at his own freaking auth speech. Quite frankly I'll insult your pointless little sob story all I want because you clearly have no cares for whether or not you're being disrespectful either.

And your argument is that he hasn't been alive long enough to prove his worth, so he has to have been authed because of his blood line. So yes, age is a relevant topic and the average age of that district is in fact a directly applicable statistic.

That's two flaws, but you used the word irrelevant to claim my argument was invalid while claiming that tactic was underhanded when I used it so I'll give you points for not being a hypocrite.

Point Denam!

First, I haven't claimed to know everything about Downtown. I was expressing my concerns, because as it has been depicted in the Streets, Louis-Manciagli has absolutely been selected because of who his father was. Second, the GFC has provided a means of measuring who is deserving, and I've merely echoed that protocol. We're just rolling along with these reasons to not listen, aren't we!

You aren't expressing concerns you're outright accusing them of authing on bloodline only. And if you think he broke the GFC's rules it's on them to interpret his guilt and dish out the punishment, not you, and even if you do think it's your place you take it to another discussion.

He referenced other people as if he was doing them a favor by being a dick in a celebratory speech because he's too cool to use his head and take it elsewhere like to someone whose opinion actually matters on whether or not he's guilty!

Point Denam!

Also irrelevant. I don't have to provide an alternate candidate in order to validate my concerns about his auth. The focus of my concerns were about the reasons for Louis-Manciagli's auth, not that someone else should have gotten it instead. Point #4? Boy these are racking up quickly.

The district was too big for one CL and needed another leader, how isn't that part of the discussion for whether or not he should be authed?

It's called context, it matters.

Ability to ignore Context when forming a logical opinion!

Point Denam!

Well, the BGs were just something I threw in at the last minute. Truly, I believe it was just his FATHER'S name. And for this info, I'll go back toCloud's auth speech (which, didn't you listen to it? It's like you only want to listen to what I say). I'll use the following quotes to construct this argument:

The quotes you listed included him working his ass off. That sounds like a pretty damned good reason to auth someone, but there was mentioning bloodline might be related in some way shape or form despite the fact that's commonly part of the conversation in almost every fucking authing decision so...

Point Denam!

I believe that the death of Godfather Louis-Man at least indirectly prompted the need for an additional CL in Downtown, DT. It put Cloud in the position of acting Godfather with a HQ space to fill. And who does he select to fill that vacancy? Louis-Manciagli. Cloud mentions Louis-Manciagli'sfather two times before even suggesting Louis-Manciagli's merits for auth; and then follows the one merit ("you've worked your ass off") with a third mention of Louis-Manciagli's father: "the opportunity your father gave me." Cloud couldn't help but mention his father three times just in the short span of his auth ten-minute speech; and you're going to tell me that he was authed entirely on his own merits? No. That's willful ignorance of this situation. There's five reasons to disregard WhereWasI here, but why stop there?

I'm fairly certain there are historical references to Slash's bloodline before his ancestors reasons for being authed frequently throughout MR, including while our lines were working together in LV when his ancestor was clearly deserving of auth to anyone who knew the inner-workings of the city... but someone mentioned an ancestor early on in an auth speech so point Denam!

GFC has told us; one speech. And if that takes five minutes, sure. But there's a reason the GFC committed to including that in their ruling. If you have a quarrel with that, take it up with them.

I do because it's a stupid rule I've always hated. CLs shouldn't be authed if they can't hold their own in the streets but if you're dumb enough to auth someone like that then why should anyone else stop you? But you got them on a technicality from a rule that wasn't enforced immediately on other CLs so...

Point Denam!

I said they've defied tradition. Demotion is a punishment. Revoking someone's button is the harshest penalty one can give, short of death. It signifies that your leader has lost their trust in you, and that you no longer deserve to be a part of their family. They could have waited a few days and quite literally just avoided this; but they defied tradition and went for it immediately. That's very concerning to me. That shows that the button never really meant anything in the first place.

What tradition? Demotion isn't always a punishment mong, never has been and never will be. Death is the harshest penalty one can be given, followed by public humiliation or exile... but that's basically death as well. Again, defied what fucking tradition you halfwit? There's no tradition of demotions being used solely for punishment, history actually says the opposite, but kudos on expanding on your incorrect MR history lesson so...

Point Denam!

Oh and if you value that stupid fucking button so much you'd actually hurt your own family to keep it then you're an idiot.

No points for that little number.

Addddddd hominemmmmmmm..... The age of my bloodline is not an indicator for the merit of my arguments. And the fact that it was once acceptable in the past doesn't provide it merit today. People don't get demoted to thug for BGs anymore, WhereWasI. Haven't done that for a looong time. The Gods restructured how we employ our BGs, and we've used demotion as a punishment ever since. Plus, the act of demoting for BGs wasn't a mafia tradition; it was a loophole for cheap BGs. You get two strikes for this one; one for the ad hominem attack and one for trying to justify a modern social convention with a past one (an entirely defunct one, at that).

When you speak on tradition the age of your bloodline matters. It's pretty much the only fucking time that matters, and one of your favorite subjects from what few words of yours I've heard. A looong time isn't that long for most of us, and to circle back to the traditions bit it's also not uncommon for someone to take demotions to be a hand historically when the opportunity presents itself. It's just usually a pretty rare thing to see.

And the term tradition is the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, and that happened for a shit load of generations so demoting for BGs was a tradition directly related to this thing and not outside things. If I wasn't planning to get authed I'd actually ask for a demote simply to show you how stupid you are for putting so much emphasis on a stupid button. It's a fucking button you twat, lol, a pretty little decoration with a few little perks.

It's like flipping a switch; the moment you start the ad hominem attacks, you just can't stay away from them. I didn't "go at" his work ethic. I said he probably has some merits for auth on his own (after reading Cloud's speech saying that he worked his ass off, I wasn't going to challenge that), but at the same time Cloud couldn't even get to those merits without mentioning his father three times. He isn't the only person in Downtown to have worked their ass off for Cloud, but he's the only one with Louis-Man's name. I have no spite for Louis-Manciagli, and my concerns aren't rooted in any insecurities. But thanks for another ad hominem! What is that, #9? I lost count.

Where did you say anything positive about him as a candidate for auth? Fucking seriously? You're committed now so don't back peddle... it's not a mockery if there's a single good quality deserving of auth and that's why I have been and will continue to laugh at you and your pathetic opinions.

And who gives a flying fuck about the order of the speech? Bloodlines are mentioned at the beginning of auth speeches all the time.

Next, who has worked their ass off for Cloud and is willing to take on the role of CL? Half the time leaders have to fight their own best people because none of them want the fucking position. You came out to complain and moan at a man's celebratory speech. Maybe you didn't mean to come off as a spiteful cunt... but you did.

No. These are not speculations. Louis-Man actually only came to the Streets for auth speeches; that's fact. He was authed in November and killed in January; that's fact. He was in power for months; that's fact. The only speculation I made was in quoting Lancelot; that Louis-Man had been "building something". I don't really know if he was doing that, I took it on Lancelot's word. But even then, that's hearsay, not speculation.

Speculation is the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence. You made comments on his worthiness for the position without any knowledge of the district beyond ranks, total public comments and age. That's the definition of speculation.

Oh fuck how long has it been since I've awarded you points?

You can have all the "points" Denam but fact of the matter is you still came out here to talk negatively about a situation you have no knowledge of because... you're an asshole.

WhereWasI nods to Slash,

Knowing you bloodline as I do I realize that's the complete opposite of what you were looking for mate, but I'll make it up to you later. Cheers for the intent though! And I'm sure you were at least half expecting a response like that so I'll assume you won't be too miffed over a little WWI being WWI.

Report Post Tip

Kari heads over to congratulate Louis and hears all this ruckus and carrying on in the streets. Normally she wouldn’t respond, feeling she doesn’t know enough about this world yet or it really isn’t her business, but this time some have gone too far and she feels the need to speak up. “Excuse me,” Kari says calling for everyone’s attention.  

Have any of you that are complaining stopped for a second and listened to what the people of Downtown, DT are saying? That’s right we are saying NOTHING! You know why? Because we don’t need to! We’re all fine with what has occurred. I’m not going to sit here and pretend I’m an expert and that I understand everything about this world, I’m not and I don’t. Nor do I know all the ins and outs of what has happened through the years. Frankly, I’m first generation, and I know I have a ton to learn. What I do know is that what is going on in DT isn’t related to So and So that did you wrong, and screwed you over 5 generations ago; or even bloodlining, which so many of you are referring to.

Kari then pauses for a moment and looks around making sure she has everyone’s attention. “There is indeed a very good reason why Louis’ son has gotten a crew back so fast. However, I’m not here to enlighten you all. If you don’t know why then you clearly have no need to know why. End of story.”

Kari then seeks out the one person in the crowd she feels the need to address by name because he’s clearly acting a fool.Denam, I would strongly advise you to stop pretending you know what’s actually happening in Downtown DT, because you clearly don’t. I’m sorry we didn’t send out the memo and clear it with you first. Maybe if you spent more time serving your family instead of criticizing mine you’d be in a more privileged position to acquire such information. Sadly you don’t, and you’re not. Furthermore, what is going on here is really none of your business, and never was to begin with.”  

Having spoken her mind, Kari heads towards her Lounge to get something to drink. She desperately needs to warm herself from more than the cold weather.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I have just one simple question that needs to be addressed. If Cloud's life is cut short for whatever reason, and his dying wish is for his son to be given a chance to lead, is Detroit just going to give him that chance as soon as its possible?

What a good looking question. Thank you for asking it Ragnarok I would be happy to answer it, even though it isn't necessarily something that "needs to be addressed". The simple answer is no, the long answer is no with an asterisk. Since I'm sure most would be disappointed with the short answer, I will opt for the long one. First off Louis-Manciagli was not authed by me based off his father. This man impressed me based on his own merit. If a mobster fresh off the boat, and without his history showed me what Louis did, I would have entertained the same position for him or her. The fact is no one else was the right person for the job. That was my decision and I stand by it wholeheartedly, and given the chance even after this backlash I would do it again in an instant.

It seems like I'm getting off topic however.

If my dying wish were to have my son given a chance to lead, I know for a fact that Louis-Manciagli would not give him the chance as soon as possible based on that. I didn't, and he wouldn't either.

Report Post Tip

Ah always much contoversy when something like this happens. I for one know that Louis-Manciagli will have worked his arse off for this position. Yeah, his father may have once been the Godfather of this district, but I think it would have been insulting to Louis if he had just been authed because of his bloodline. Now I may not have been from the same crew as Louis nor even the same city, But I am one hundred percent certain he proved his worth to Detroit off his own back and earned this opportunity.

Congratulations Louis-Manciagli . I know you will continue to grow and prosper like your father did and do him proud. In fact, I think you may even do better.

Good luck friend.

Report Post Tip

Cloud, I appreciate you responding to my question. I honestly didn't figure that it would be addressed, but to see it answered was refreshing. So I ask this follow up. Not to be disrespectful, but to open a dialogue and maybe open a few eyes? Who knows ?

The fact is no one else was the right person for the job.

Is it concerning that there is no one else in your crew, or the city that has been raised and taught the ways of potential leadership? I don't know the first thing about you, nor how your city operates, but I do know how things in our life work. Someone is always learning, watching, and preparing for that chance at the big boys table. Saying Louis was the only man for the job means everyone else wasn't fit to lead. Even if they told you they where not interested, at the end of the day, you captain the ship. It's your call, what you says rolls. Those under you fall in line and make the best of the situation given to them.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Barry watches from the sidelines as he hears of a new organisation opening it's doors in Detroit. He lets the discussion develop, tries his best to ignore WhereWasI being WhereWasI and was about to take his leave before Kari addressed one of his men by name. He listened, bemused.

Kari, whilst we are offering advice, mine to you would be not to strongly advise one of my Capos of, well, anything. It isn't your place to do so, and if you are going to speak to one, please do so respectfully leaving your sarcasm and insults at the door. Whilst you suggest Denam knows nothing of Detroit or your family, which may well be true, I know for fucking sure you know absolutely nothing of his contribution to mine and how greatly appreciated it is, so don't imply anything else. 

Now, with that out of the way, I don't feel Denam's objection here is foolish and in fact it is one that will likely be mirrored in many bars and cesspools (The Peach Pit) across the country. On the face of it, it also appeared to me that Louis-Manciagli was given the nod largely due to the influence of his predecessor which does open a whole can of worms as Denam has already referenced. Members of the Detroit hierarchy have since arrived and are telling us that this isn't the case and we will therefore take their word for it and look forward to a long and profitable tenure for this organisation with Louis at the helm. 

Therefore, I feel this is now a non-issue and would like to offer my congratulations to those concerned. 

Report Post Tip

Having listened to quite enough tit for tat argument, Curtis decided it was time to intervene.

"Ok look, this bickering has gone on quite long enough. On behalf of New York let me make a few things crystal clear. 

No one but Cloud needs to know why he decided to auth Louis' son. If he furnished the public with this line alone - "You have worked your ass off for me, and I am going to give you the opportunity your father once gave me." - That stands as a perfectly legitimate reason for his decision. The age of Louis' son is no one's concern but theirs. The new leader met the requirements for his auth as laid down by the Godfathers and so any objection to his leadership thereafter has to fall into the category of personal grievance. 

Denam. I have a lot of time for your intellect and capability to articulate but this is not the issue here. You speak as a ranked member and representative of my city, as such your argument here has descended into something I consider unedifying and beneath us. I would ask you to take a step back and end this pettiness.

If you believe this to be nepotism or any other kind of failure on the part of Downtown Detroit's leadership, doesn't matter. They have made their decisions and they have complied with the rules. Their future is theirs to build as they see fit."

Report Post Tip

Kari, whilst we are offering advise, mine to you would be not to strongly advise one of my Capos of, well, anything. It isn't your place to do so, and if you are going to speak to one, please do so respectfully leaving your sarcasm and insults at the door. Whilst you suggest Denam knows nothing of Detroit or your family, which may well be true, I know for fucking sure you know absolutely nothing of his contribution to mine and how greatly appreciated it is, so don't imply anything else. 

So are you suggesting it's inappropriate for a member of another district to speak about your member's contributions, but not inappropriate for your member to outright disregard a Leader's total work and accuse a district of selecting their auth solely based on his ancestry without any evidence? Or did I miss the part where you held your own man to that standard where he speaks without insulting others and on topics he has actual knowledge of before making accusations?

Report Post Tip

I think the position here is pretty self-explanatory, WhereWasI.

I'm suggesting exactly what I said.

I've already stated my own interpretation of events and how I now view the situation as a non-issue. 

I don't think there is a whole lot more to add on the subject.

Report Post Tip

he has been selected for auth solely and entirely because he has an army of BGs and the name of his father

I see this as a mockery.

Well, I suppose in a few months when Louis-Manciagli start's "building something" we'll see, eh? Since there's absolutely no discernible difference between the two of them except for the "ciagli" which he has graciously added to the end of his name to help us differentiate between the two.

Maybe if you spent more time serving your family instead of criticizing mine you’d be in a more privileged position to acquire such information. 

Gosh, I'm struggling to see where the major difference is... mostly because one claimed someone wasn't worthy of auth and another claimed someone wasn't worthy of general intelligence. Hold your own people to your own standards before you push it on someone outside of your district, mate. I don't care if you lean one way or the other but there are two parties guilty of the same damned thing so either call Denam out for the same damned thing or don't call out someone from another district while someone from your family is doing the exact same damned thing in this very conversation. Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious which of the two threw more insults and more sarcasm... but then again I'm not wearing your Rose Shaded glasses when I look at Denam.

Report Post Tip

I don't care what you can see, what you're wearing or frankly what your opinion is on anything.

If Kari has an issue with what I've said to her, she can take it up with me.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Kari sighs as she comes out of her Lounge to hear the conversation still ongoing, and that she needs to addresses the issues still present.

Barry, let me take a step back and apologize. I meant no insult to you as a crew leader and I understand your need to defend your crew, I am in a similar situation. 

Kari takes a moment to smile at the irony of it all.

"Furthermore Barry, I’m sorry we had to meet under such circumstances. I've heard nothing but good things about you, and on the few occasions I've spoken with Curtis it’s been a delight and I have nothing but respect for him.”

“I realize that what I said to Denam was harsh. But I stand by it. Of course, he is free to voice his opinion but when it borders into trolling territory after days of attacking Downtown, DT I admit my patience wand a bit.”

“Again, I apologize for my any damage done.”

Kari, whilst we are offering advise, mine to you would be not to strongly advise one of my Capos of, well, anything. It isn't your place to do so, and if you are going to speak to one, please do so respectfully leaving your sarcasm and insults at the door.

Kari can't help but feel the corner of her lip pull up into a wry smile.

"An excellent point Barry! How New York crews run and function is indeed your business and I have no right to comment on it, just as Denam has no right to comment on Detroit business and how things are run here. You've made my point for me. Thanks!"

Kari slides off into the cool Detroit air hoping that next time she passes through the streets all will be quiet. 

Report Post Tip

I'm glad everything has been cleared up. 

I wish you every success in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

The fact is no one else was the right person for the job.

Is it concerning that there is no one else in your crew, or the city that has been raised and taught the ways of potential leadership? I don't know the first thing about you, nor how your city operates, but I do know how things in our life work. Someone is always learning, watching, and preparing for that chance at the big boys table. Saying Louis was the only man for the job means everyone else wasn't fit to lead. Even if they told you they where not interested, at the end of the day, you captain the ship. It's your call, what you says rolls. Those under you fall in line and make the best of the situation given to them.

It's not that there was no one else in my crew that were raised in the ways of potential leadership at all. In fact, that we have a hand here in Downtown that is the first of her bloodline, proves this.

Of course you don't know how my district operates, but that's okay. The reason I chose to speak here was to clarify a few things.

That being said I believe I misspoke by saying "No one else was the right person for the job." When I mean to say, he was the "best person for the job." Could I have authed someone I didn't think was completely ready? Sure. Did I decide to auth Louis knowing that he was ready, based on the knowledge and hard work he had shown? Absolutely.

Report Post Tip

The discussion that had bored Thorne to tears seemed to have finally ended, Moving to the front of the crowd he came to stand infront of  Louis and shook his hand.

"No matter what they say, congratulations you earned it and i am looking forward to see where Detroit goes from here"

Thorne grabs his cane on the way by and leaves the corner and crowd behind him.

Report Post Tip

Hello Louis-Manciagli, I may not know you well. My ancestry does know Cloud's ancestry very very well. If Cloud acting head in Detroit thinks that Downtown's best man for the job is you then I stand by his decision 100% in authing you to have your HQ and run a crew then I congrat you with ful support. I'm sure that this is in best for the city. 

I give you my best regards and would love to see what you do for the better of Downtown. I know people are talking about you being so young, but who says that a young man can't grow to become a great leaders. 

As Heroin smiles at Louis and hands him a gift of a bottle of Champagne and box of fine cigars from his home town in Chicago. 

Conrats brother on your journey. As Heroin makes a toast.

Report Post Tip

Who is anyone to say who can and cannot set up and when in DT?  It's not up to NY or CH or anyone at all except DT.  I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot non of you would be out here with sandy underwear.  

Report Post Tip

Fist face palms.  

Oh the debate is over. I'm sorry.  With that being said, congratulations Louis!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Downtown's Downpour
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL