Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 20:02:30
Page:  1 
The Rise of a Made Man Started by: Gino_Santangello on Feb 16, '15 05:08
The snow crunching softly under my feet, the chill of the sleety wind, slicing into my face like a knife, the smell of winter in my nostrils. All of these were the signs of the season of death. Death, such a small word to describe such a complex idea. We all have many ways of thinking about it, some say our souls are released into the afterlife to meet its maker while the flesh decays, some say we return to the world in a new form, some say we are dispersed into the elements. I say that there is only the void, the darkness, the eternal slumber and blissful oblivion. Funny how people fear death, they should welcome it. No more worries, no more responsibilities, just everlasting peace. I smile a twisted smile. It gives me great pleasure to provide people with this great joy, to send them into the void.

And my Don knows this. He, being the prudent man he is channelized this most generous trait of mine into highly productive ends. And once more, I find myself walking towards my black Cadillac with my men, fingering the barrel of my Thompson, preparing to send yet another one into the void. The person in question made a big mistake. He spurned my Don's offer of friendship, he spurned the protection this thing of ours offered him, he spurned the way we do things. He decided to take up arms against us, to use that corrupt abomination in the name of justice called the legal system against us. And so, he will meet justice. I get into the Cadillac and we drive through the snow-covered streets of New York towards the court house.

The car slows down and my driver notifies me of our arrival. I roll down the window and look out at the sea of humanity ebbing and flowing across the pavement before the marble-white building. The Honourable and soon to be late lamented Justice strolls down the steps leading up to the building, jabbering away with the prosecutors. Little does he know how soon the true prosecution will strike him. On my signal, the driver speeds up the car and we swiftly move towards the target, bringing the rear-window to bear. The Justice looks at the car, speeding towards him. He looks into my deep brown eyes and I see the fear of death in his blue ones. I see the old man's face go taut with terror as he sees me aim my Thompson at him from my seat. The expression gets me excited and adrenaline courses through my veins. I release the safety and pull the trigger, gently feeling the weapon kick back against me with every round being fired, just as a child kicks and squeals in his father's arms.

Jets of red, as red as the Valentine roses burst from the torsos of the Justice and his prosecutors and all three of them collapse like the masts on wooden ships whose ropes have been slashed during a storm, and the sea of humanity resolves itself into a raging flood of screaming and squirming entities. We speed off immediately before anybody can stop us. Back at Don Batiatus's picturesque mansion, I am ushered in to his office where I give him a detailed report of the task. I expect to receive the usual envelope full of money as my payment, but this time, he rises from his Italian leather chair, walks over to me and claps me on the shoulder. "It is time" he tells me simply. I am led to the back-room where only the made-men are allowed to enter and he opens the door and waits for me to enter. "Go in Gino, you have earned it" he tells me.

The ceremony is concluded in the usual shroud of mystery. I entered the room a wise-guy and left a made-man, my pockets considerable heavier than when I had entered.

The void truly is a beautiful thing no?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Congratulations Gino, 

I am happy to have you join the few that are allowed to be known as Gladiators of the Factory of Ludus, you have earned it. Keep up the good work and surely you will need more then your pockets to hold your money.

Report Post Tip

Its nice to see freshly Made members appear and declare themselves in the streets. Gino_Santangello, congratulations on your promotion.

Report Post Tip

I couldn't agree more LittleBuddy, it is great to see that going on. Congrats to you Sir Gino! 

Report Post Tip

A fine day for celebration.

I couldn't be more happy that you've declared yourself on the streets as apart of Batiatus' Ludus and as one of his Gladiators. You have my utmost respect.

All the best, tis your day today!

Report Post Tip
Congratulations.
Report Post Tip
Welcome friend of ours. Wear that gladiator patch proudly, and remember you have a friend in me. Hail Don Batiatus
Report Post Tip

Thank you to all of you noblemen. I have ascended from a lowly peasant to a rank of knighthood and chivalry. In the future, I hope to ascend to a title of nobility and come into my own. All hail Don Batiatus, All hail Godfather Curtis. 

Report Post Tip

Luigi applauds the ascension of Gino_Santangello. It's impressive and scary all at the same time. Luigi wanders the streets looking for the Gladiator Arena and can't find one so he decides........Now it's time to party! He was wishing he could see some Gladiator's in action slashing and throwing around tridents and stuff...... well maybe some day!

Report Post Tip
Congratulations.
Report Post Tip

Great to see someone who has just attained their button come here to the streets and proudly present it.

Congratulations to you Gino. I am sure you more than earned and deserved this opportunity.

Report Post Tip

Thank you most kind Lords and Ladies. I worked hard to earn my knighthood yes, and now I will strive to gain nobility and holdings.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Rise of a Made Man
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL