Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 08:22:15
Page:  1 
An Incognito Truth Started by: Shingo on Feb 17, '15 23:57

The how, what, why and when? 

I really feel that I should add a quick disclaimer - I know how trigger happy some Mobsters are right now to certain... people. I am not advocating that any mobster/bloodline go incognito or in anyway suggesting that you use this as a guide to achieve Brutus'esque intentions. This is a very light hearted and as has been said in the past "satirical" speech about what you might want to keep in mind to ensure any potential underground activities go unnoticed by those that think they're more intelligent than you. 

Shingo winks

Bodyguards. I'll start with what I hope are the obvious ones and this is a no brainer. Never, ever, employ bodyguards before you hit what is perceived to be a "hard" to achieve rank. I personally would recommend not employing any before the rank of Boss as there really is no point unless you're playing the "long" game and have been a Wise Guy for a respectable amount of time but I'll come to that later. As has been touched on at other street corners this is usually a dead give away that someone's bloodline has been around the block and has the wealth or knowledge to know where to employ them from. I'd recommend putting all your money into your gun or keep a (banked obviously) stockpile of cash to train bodyguards down the line at a decent rate. 

Cash on hand. Never carry more then $100,000 on hand at any one time. If your crew leader notices you're "Rich" and you haven't been paying that much in taxes depending on his competence he'll start to piece the two together and realise you might be fiddling with the numbers. Just play it safe and keep money banked at all times. I also recommend not dealing in large denominations on the market, it can be very easily and colourfully identifiable who does and doesn't have stocks and where they might be. Only ever buy or sell in single denominations to ensure that nobody might catch wind of your sinister deeds. 

Stealth. I always recommend to all those interested to work solely on their stealthiness, this is vital in most cases to ensure you can hide during wars and take downs and move silently in the night. I never recommend telling your crew leader that you are completely proficient in stealth though, inform them that you have a random mixture of skills that have been rolled together to ensure you are a well rounded individual. This will remove suspicions about just how you became "100%" skilled in the art of stealth as a relatively young mobster. 

Gun strength. Another seemingly obvious way to be "caught out" that something doesn't quite add up. I recommend shooting unemployed bodyguards at any and all opportunities. There are no witnesses for these crimes and what your crew leader doesn't know..will harm him. If you have to shoot the various NPC's that often wonder these streets always aim for the Gangsters when you get the chance. There's no need to ego kill here as they all still add the same to your gun tally. Finally always give the wrong reports to your crew leader, as a rule of thumb I usually advise around giving half the actual gun strength and play dumb luck when eye brows are raised. Also give in reports late and sporadically for maximum effect, this shows you aren't proud nor interested in your gun strength - the complete opposite mindset of a "hitter".

Suit. A vital detail that is often overlooked by many looking to go deep underground. It always works best to have a scruffy looking suit in my own opinion, lot's of colours are recommended with no particular style or reason. Wear as badges of honour various achievements or crimes you have witnessed/committed. Basically more is better and will inevitably throw those around you off the scent, scan the thrift shops to put together the best rag tag suit combinations. 

Questions. Ask questions. Think of the stupidest question you can think of...then ask it! A few of my favourites include but are not limited to: "Can I shoot TylerDurden?" "Do you think I can run my own crew one day?" "How do I get past 20 units?" "What's the fastest way to rank?" "How do I make more money?" "How do I shoot inactives?" "Is there any way to fly quicker between cities?;" and a favourite of mine is "Can I buy a better gun?" I also recommend adding "bossman" at the end of all conversations between you and your crew leader. They love this, as egotistical as most are. Any kind of dick sucking, enthusiasm always always always goes down a treat with your crew leader. They probably shit talk you behind your back but jokes on them in the long run..right? I also recommend asking your respective Godfather a series of random (obviously stupid) questions too. It is always recommended that you are vocal in mails with your leaders but never speak on these infamous Streets. You're new remember, and these are scary places to you. 

Ranking. I always recommend taking your time with gaining the ability to carry more drugs, moving too fast is a dead give away that your bloodline is experienced around these parts. Enjoy the ride and focus all your time and attention on stockpiling for your bodyguards later and working on that gun of yours. It's also advised to sit at Wise Guy for as long as possible, this will ensure you don't remain visible to most of this world on any of the family pages allowing you to easily move between families as and when your own crew leader dies (quite possible at your own hands you sly devil you). 

Permanent Auth. Always request permanent wack authorisation from your crew leader during war time scenarios and offer to "help" with protection duties. If you win, that's great and I promise you your leader will forget to take it back (perfect for later in life). If you dislike your family, also great, you can use it to help the other side finish them off and usually help with information whilst you're at it!

Loyalty. Finally the late poet Christophér Brown once said "these hoes ain't loyal" and often that's you! There's a place you can declare your loyalty or disloyalty to the family. Obviously making yourself disloyal weakens the crew leader, perfect if that's your end game. If you're just a loyal son of a bitch keeping his head down so you can make your own way in this life - keep it loyal!

Shingo pauses and looks around. 

Anyone else have any of their own suggestions they'd like to put forward? Whilst this speech has satirically touched more on the "bad" side of incognito'ing, there are many benefits that can arise from it too. I and the rest of this crowd would certainly love to hear them, any recommendations? 

Report Post Tip

I do love a guy talking about incogs, who's ancestor was completely unaware of someone under his nose that was incog. Highly amusing.

Report Post Tip

All I gotta say about this is...there are a million topics on the streets that can be discussed. You got conversations about the "Rise of button men", "Respect in this thing of ours", "GF's celebrating their 365!!!", The "vouching sys" where deception...isn't all that deceptive. And the "downpour"!!! But hell you decide to come out here and talk about this?!?! 

Now my friend Slash over here stated its quite funny how the man preaching, isn't really good at this to begin with. But even with that...WTF are you doing here talking about "How to Rogue 101"?!?! 

There are a ton of other things that you could speak off to bring progress and prosperity to this thing of ours, but NOOOO!!!! It has to be something that sets the balance off tilt?!?! Like really? Is that all you got left? Not too long ago we saw someone come out here stating how their bloodline wasn't accepted here anymore because of what their past had done!

I mean are you not afraid of your actions?!?! Or perhaps your existence in this world atm is all about raising havoc! Either way, you stand here talking of things that shouldn't be talked about. Aspects that shouldn't be taught!!! But hell...i guess thats just your stance on things huh?!?! Like GTFO...build something, something that leads to progress and prosperity!!! Not anarchy...

This your legacy? How to Rogue 101?!?! I mean I'm not running a university for the mobsters, but I don't stand here doing the converse.

Report Post Tip

I doubt he cares about his 'legacy' or anything else related to his standing within this community. Offering up his version of how to be a successful incog, but not really spilling the beans on anything that everyone already knows or considers. I'm sure this little speech will ruffle a few feathers, but it doesn't really contain anything worth raising an eyebrow over.

Report Post Tip

but it doesn't really contain anything worth raising an eyebrow over.

Agreed!!! Completely Ragnarok. But all I am trying to say is, you spend all this time and effort speaking about this. There are far better things that can be talked about. Educate people on how to be better mobsters, not better rogues!!! 

To each their own I guess!!! 

Report Post Tip

Funny thread Shingo, but may I ask, did you experience this dick sucking ego boosting crap yourself? Or are you just guessing what others feel?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
The minute someone starts kissing ass is the time you start having doubts about them! Creeping is always the act of a coward or traitor! Being incog was needed if you are on a bloodline list as I know!
Report Post Tip
Delete this shit I have no time for OOC postings or responses.
Report Post Tip

Holds out a hankie for drying your eyes 

Report Post Tip

Said the man who's thread was moved to the OOC section.

Report Post Tip
It was moved 20 minutes ago to OOC, had it been moved after I posted it last night I'd have said the same thing. It's worthhless and OOC is for Noobs and retards that use "thread" in street speeches. Funny how Ragnorak didn't call him out though for his embarrassing fucktardery "standards" on the streets. Lol @ people who care about legacy on this game.
Report Post Tip

And your initial post that started this thread had many points of OOC content. I was wondering as soon as you posted it, and after I read it for the first time, if it would get move to the OOC section, and it has.

So in essence he was responding OOCly to a thread that was littered with OOC content, which has been confirmed as OOC as it's now in the OOC section.

Pot calling the kettle black here, mate.

I do like the effort you put into the thread though, it just wasn't completely role-played.

Report Post Tip

Hey Shingo, thanks for noticing my mistake, sorry I didn't roleplay. I admit I'm new to this game and really am a noob. But doesn't excuse you from my question. Did you enjoy the sucking and the ego boost? The ego boost was taken from you how do you feel now as an associate would be my next question.

Report Post Tip
I must admit that after a year of continuous dick sucking in a game you do start to miss it.

An associate is as an associate does, it really doesn't phase me. I do what I'm told, help my GF when she asks and tell my CL when they'll never find a witness statement and not because its been buried. Not sure how anyone makes that mistake but that might be because I don't have the mentality of a probably minimum wage blue collar worker (luckily).

Scarfo thanks for the grade, I'm really working on my effort levels. I'm also very sad to have not received a mail off you being all like "uh um uh sorry about my street RP I don't mean it please don't dislike me um uh um sorry yeah sorry."

Please can you highlight the OOC parts? (In red pen obviously.)
Report Post Tip

lol and here we go, getting personal. It was more like. "Don't take my post personal like others have been. It's only a role-play and not me." Then I had to school you on what OOC and IC actually was, which confirmed my point and the reason I actually MM'd you. I can post the mails in a new thread for all to see if you like mate, not an issue at all for me.

I'm not highlighting anything for a troll like yourself. It should be evident for someone who claims to "have no time for OOC postings or responses". Do a google search if you need further info on the subject or check out the help section.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
You schooled a guy that didn't ask for any mails or guidance on OOC and IC and yet now on a public stage don't want to point out one of example of OOC?

http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2013/08/14/jennifer-lawrence-10.gif
Report Post Tip

Because you just spread negativity and seem to have a chip on your shoulder and troll people, and I don't have time for it mate. Sorry, but I'm not wasting any more energy on you. You'll have to find someone else to point out the OOC content for you.

Report Post Tip

I'll take you on your word that this just mere satire; if anyone believes this kind of behaviour is effective in making sure a Crewleader doesn't become suspicious of them, then I'd have serious doubts about that own person's capacity as a Leader. A couple of the things you mentioned are outright red flags in my eye, and most other things are at best wildly ineffective.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: An Incognito Truth
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL