Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 12:52:20
Page:  1 
Protecting Your Community Started by: Curtis on Feb 19, '15 01:48

It had been a testing couple of days. More a test of long distance juggling than anything unduly dramatic. He'd been on business in eastern Europe. Curtis had a fondness for eastern European exotic liquors and he knew there was money to be made from other exports in those parts. While he'd been gone he'd received a couple of telegrams and a few phone calls about shots fired at members of New York's upper structure. He did all he could from where he was but messages were some time getting through and sometimes he was cut off completely. 

Arriving back in New York he went directly into a meeting with all the main players from the city and hammered out the details of what had been going on. A few meetings with members of other cities and a couple of corpses later, Curtis sent out a mail to all the members of his organization about protecting and defending the city. After a few drinks and further conversation with a couple of New York's more influential members, Curtis decided to try and extend the current theme out into the streets.

"There has been a few incidents in the last couple of days. Three shots taken at three members of my city. All missed. Now, quite apart from the general concern over the growing lack of competence in the underground shooters these days (seriously lads, how fucking shit are you? wow, just wow) we have had to deliver a quick refresher course to the mob in New York. Having gone through some of the most basic stuff with them, I was surprised to find how many people were unaware of basic facilities we have and things you can do to help. 

So here I am, today to share the same things with all of you. I see no benefit in keeping anyone from having this information. It can only benefit our collective efforts to improve the safety of our streets. Everyone should be able to help protect their districts, cities and greater community against sniping BodyGuard shooters and would-be assassins. Young or old it can't hurt to remember these most basic things."

Curtis turns and posts a sign on the wall.

Protecting Your Community

• If you see any member of your city in the obits. Take a note of everyone around you, immediately!
  • If you catch a Witness Statement, look around again and note down the names of those around!

• Contact the Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department: HERE !

Make sure you get your information clear when you call the Bureau! When you has amassed all the information you can, contact your Crew Leader and your Godfather with the information. Whatever information you manage to acquire, send it up right away.

Also remember to talk to your Corrupt Agents regularly. These guys often see things themselves and catch Witness Statements they can pass on to you. 

Turning back to the gathering, he spoke once more.

"So... Keep your eyes open and pay attention. Attentive mobsters keep us alive and help stop miscreants from causing problems. Be good to your district and stay alert. Be a good mobster by reacting as fast and as thoroughly as you can."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

It appears the Witness Statement Bureau unscrambling department has been disbanded due to a mass outbreak of forgery. I guess next time, the founders of said department should be informed before being advertised all over the streets.

Report Post Tip

This is indeed a blow to the collective efforts of the Commission to track down some of the more unsavoury elements of society. It's a shame that the Witness Statement Bureau provided a wholly unique service, as opposed to a rudimentary tool that could potentially be re-created with the minimum of fuss.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well i would personally like to thank you for your efforts Godfather Curtis,

sadly i think the W.S.B could not handle every body at once,

although im sure people would have pointed in the right direction had they been available.

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened to DiamonDz speak.

"Unfortunately Diamon, it had nothing to do with overload and everything to do with small-minded bitter people not wanting to help the community. Not to worry. We will persist and look for further solutions to this issue."

Report Post Tip

Just to clarify, the Unscrambling Department were co-founded by two people that have since departed from our community, one being exiled from our lands. This department was originally put together to help a few friends, and since then has got out of hand. To stop it becoming more of a hassle (as there is work that needs to be done behind the scenes to clear the photo database), it has been disbanded.

I'm sure that the blame will be pointed towards what has become the "usual suspects", but as a matter of fact, it was disbanded by two people who have not wanted anything to do with this community for a long time now and have no affiliation whatsoever with these usual suspects.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Report Post Tip

Inspector_Clouseau I shall look forward to putting a bullet in your head personally. Not to worry, another solution will be up and running directly where petty individuals and bullshit will not interfere with the progress that has been made here.

Rest assured, we shall prevail Godfather Curtis.

"have no affiliation whatsoever with these usual suspects."

That bit just isn't true.

Report Post Tip

I don't understand the reasoning behind the closure of such a valued service. 

To me it sounds like you were the individual who told the service holder about it being published in the streets. And then continued to push them to remove the service. You keep clarifying that these people are no longer within our community and even one being exiled, however you felt the need to tell them that their service was being used? I would think someone who is no longer wanting to participate in our community wouldn't care if their service was used. What other reason is there to be believe than you just wanted to cause trouble? 

So to me, the only person who is at fault is you. Thank you Inspector.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Illfated came out to the streets to hear the Godfather's speech as he always did. Curtis's speeches were always important and full of great context, IllFated made a point to listen to the him. He turned to Curtis and said.

Its a such a shame Godfather Curtis, that the service you came out here promoting to all the mobsters of the six cities has shut down shop. Believe it or not I began using this service, than to my dismay I had showed there one day with a few scrambled up witness statements only to find the doors were locked.

He than turned and see a light than looked closer and Don Aliens had showed up, from what he thought was thin air. He sat there contemplating on how Aliens always seemed to just appear as if he was an extra terrestrial. Aliens spoke and he turned to hear what was being said than smiled. He knew that Aliens would have a new service up and running ASAP cause Aliens was a mover and a shaker.

Report Post Tip

I don't understand the reasoning behind the closure of such a valued service. 

To me it sounds like you were the individual who told the service holder about it being published in the streets. And then continued to push them to remove the service. You keep clarifying that these people are no longer within our community and even one being exiled, however you felt the need to tell them that their service was being used? I would think someone who is no longer wanting to participate in our community wouldn't care if their service was used. What other reason is there to be believe than you just wanted to cause trouble? 

So to me, the only person who is at fault is you. Thank you Inspector.

I think I explained it pretty well. Let me put it in a more simple way. This was created for friends and their respective families. Neither one of the founders are with us anymore, nor do they particularly care for our society, so it was shut down. It has served it's purpose, end of.

It was not me who informed them of the service being used,  but of course, such people like Aliens, the most level headed and well thought out bloodlines, may think differently. I am friends with them, ergo you have been all informed. Sure, think I am lying, but please, accusations are so last week. Listen to the facts.

Also, just on a side note, no one, and I repeat, NO ONE has a right to be pissed off here. Very, very few that are still around these shores today were first or second handed to this function. The rest of the rabble have no rights to this. It was a privilege, not a right. Now Curtis was not to know. He has expressed to myself that he was handed it down himself and had no idea of the owners. That's fair enough, he didn't know and made a slight error. Mistakes happen. However, people that seem to have pulled their pants down and let their arses do the talking (namely Aliens, you lovable person you), you have no hold on the matter. No claim on this system, hell an opinion or statement is not even warranted from you.

I repeat, at the end of the day, it's a privilege, not a right.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

©Inspector_Clouseau I shall look forward to putting a bullet in your head personally. Not to worry, another solution will be up and running directly where petty individuals and bullshit will not interfere with the progress that has been made here.

Seems like a bit of an extreme response, don't you think? 

The witness scrambling department was never suppose to be available to the general public, EVER. As Inspector said, it was made by two people from this community eons ago and neither are around anymore.

One of them was told that the department was being used excessively and instead of it being a back alley kind of department which it should have been, someone told everyone of it.. And that was never the purpose of it.

Let me ask.. Did anyone ever ask for permission to visit the department?

the shark does something with his fins since its the streets and people demand some type of action.

Report Post Tip

On this topic, I'd like to inform everyone that is still searching for an Unscrambling Department that they have to look no further. A replacement has been made for everyone to use in order to make our streets a safer place after the unfortunate events that transpired around the original service.

Permission will not have to be asked for this service and everyone is free to use it as I personally believe that it should be available to anyone.

After waving to the crowd of people gathered in front of the old, now closed down, Unscrambling Bureau building Void starts handing out fliers to the gathered crowd

Report Post Tip

IvanRomanov steps out into the streets several days after the argument of who's department was who's. He heard the new good news of their being a new bureau that had new management.

Thank you Mister Void on this generous venture. I hope everyone does get to use this service. 

Ivan leaves the conversation as you hear him mumble "gotta hit the bank" to himself.

Report Post Tip

Curtis takes a flyer from the young mobster and smiles.

"You've done a wonderful hing here Void. A selfless act that benefits us all. You will always have my respects for this and I'm sure I can speak for the vast majority of the community as a whole when I say thank you for being so generous and forward thinking in creating this for everyone. Marvelous work!"

Report Post Tip

Archy had just heard the news about the fella spreading flyers about a new department and decided to go to the closed bureau and check it out with himself, he grabbed Astro from his hand and they went in a haste to that spot, they make their way through a crowd around a man giving out flyers, Archy grabs one and reads it with Astro.

"It's true Astro, someone opened a new bureau, it's called... The Muffin's bureau it seems."

Archy smiled and went to Void,

"Thank you so much for running such a business to help those in need. Your effort are very much appreciated, even those many of us might not use, but there's still a lot of people who need a lot of help and I'm sure that'd do the job perfectly. You made Astro's day brighter, sir."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Protecting Your Community
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL