Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 17:13:20
Page:  1 
Family Support? Or Started by: Demon on Feb 19, '15 12:28

Demon began to glance around the local streets upon arriving on these fresh shores in New York. Not knowing any soul, and not having made any contact among these people, he knew this would be an issue.

A nearby Beer crate would serve his purpose perfectly, as Demon Rose above the rest of the crowd and began to address his concerns.

Greetings All!!

The scurrying crowd continued on with their daily lives.

Ahem, mustn't have said that loud enough...

GREEEEEETINGS!! Fellow Bystanders, Shoppers, Gamblers, Ale Drinkers and all you classy fedora wearers!

A small pot of 5 men and women among the the crowd begin to ackknowledge the creature. Before carrying on trying to find the non-rotten fruits and veges at Chan's local Vege store.

"Oh, For crying out loud! Why does no one give a Fuck anymore..."  Demon Thought to himself..

The Men wearing the fedora's earlier perched their ears as Demon began to speak some more...

Fuck Me alright, look, can someone tell me why there are currently no jobs available in this city?  I was told great things by my great Angel Satino about America before I moved here. Now I'm sitting here wondering what the fuck am I doing with my life...

The ************ crew does not currently have any work for you.
The ********** crew does not currently have any work for you.
The ******** crew does not currently have any work for you.
The ************* crew does not currently have any work for you.
The **** crew does not currently have any work for you.

As instructed by my Great Angel, I have sent out a little application among buisness' looking for workers, but even that does not seem to be enough for the city of America. No one wants me here. Fuck! That's just racist...

My GreatAngel speaks of the days when a newcomer was welcomed into the city by a spam of 10+ 'Mails' from 10+ different individuals. Now I'm just sitting here wondering if anyone even cares? What is the point of EVER referring someone to Come to these shores in America if they are simply dumped fresh of the boat with no sense of direction?  Almost 3 hours have past and what do I have to show for it? $2231 dollars. I think I'd make the bigger bucks in "The Angel Brothel" back at home, selling myself.

I am aware of a concept known as 'memberwhoring'. Is Absoloutely 'Null' contact towards lower classed citizens seriously the way to go about it? Without ANY citizenship, there is no America... No thing of ours which actually saddens me. Look I'd really like to know your thoughts about thi-

Demon stops himself from saying anything further as the crowds shifted and no one's payed full attention..

Sigh.

I Didn't think I was THAT boring....

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Demon returns to his crate and perches himself up once more...

Look i know you're all busy but ONE last thing!

I would just like to make a quick mention and Thank you to, Jake_The_Muss, Who's contacted me whilst making this speech! and Grosso who has replyed to my personal mobmail!

Nobody takes notice of the Demon speaking on a crate and continue shopping.

Fucking Chans Fruit and veges! They aren't even fresh!

With that, the Demon vanishes

Report Post Tip

Curtis watches Demon's questions recieve no answers and decides to approach the young Thug.

"Hello there. You have a perfectly legitimate question about member whoring. The current opposition to whoring practices by no means prevents anyone approaching you about furthering your life in their families. There is simply a common sense approach to it now. People should not be sending conversationless invites or one line intro and invite spam. Instead there should be a more civilized and genuinely helpful approach made to anyone such as yourself, fresh off the boat. The idea is to generally be more helpful than railroading new arrivals into homes they are not sure they want to be in.

As for your inability to find work from various families, I couldn't say. You would have to inquire to each family individually for answers."

Curtis hands the young Thug a few dollars and smiles.

"Hopefully this will buy you a suit and a room to work out of while you try and find your feet."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Oh boy how times have changed. :)

Sorry Demon, but this is a product of the complete opposite happening for as long as my ancestors go back (around 12/13 years?). For so long new mobsters entering our world were either thrown an invite without any contact whatsoever or at best, a 'hey, wanna invite?" appeared in your inbox.

Now if you're fresh off the boat, you have to do the work to find yourself protection. You have to reach out or impress someone enough for them to take you under their wing.

You obviously did that by speaking out here and that's why you're now under someone's protection. Kudos, you learned very quickly!

Personally, I'm all for this way.

Report Post Tip

Walking by, Void stopped to listen to what Demon had to say, listening to his speech he felt the need to jump in on this interesting point of view.

Ah, Demon, this is a subject that has been beaten to death over the years, but instead people were advocating the absolute opposite, which is why I think this viewpoint is very interesting. People were sick and tired of being bombarded with mobsters swarming to get their hands on a potential new associate, which led to some newer blood just randomly joining the first person that got to them, instead of carefully considering their options and doing research.

The common jobs system nowadays should make the situation I described earlier unnecessary, once someone from these shores has done a couple of jobs for a family, they should in my honest opinion be contacted and conversed with but nothing more(No instant offers to join them). If the fresh arrival doesn't get contacted then I see this as a lousy job from a family's recruiting office, if someone shows interest in your crew then seek them out and have a conversation with them!

I, however, do think it's very good that new people have to do their own research into cities, districts and families now instead of being swarmed by mobsters offering them places as an associate. This makes new mobsters way more conscious of what transpires in this world, not to mention that they make a very explicit choice on their own.

Coming back to your initial standpoint, what would you see as the "proper" or way for things to transpire here for new arrivals? What do you think would work best?

Report Post Tip

I truly understand and respect which way the majority have decided to take route of things here Void and fellow mobsters. It's just that my ancestry is very old here you see, and times really have changed with districts being introduced, among other things. Someone to show me the ropes again is what I've been truly been dying for these past hours, however no one seemed of intrest in me at all.

I understand people usually find themselves flustered among other family duties that call, but not a single Hello card was recieved or an interest to 'spark' a conversation with me, take an interest and perhaps be willing to take me in.

As luck so has it, I have the capability to reach out to others in the streets and mail, where as an extremly fresh off the boat person may not be quite so familiar with what the Streets even are.

Personally, if ever given the chance again, (Like my great ancestors who've told me such lovely things about America and what they achieved!), I would do my best to strike up conversations with my fellow new immigrants to this beautiful place. I would NOT send handout invites, as I believe these NEVER hold any meaning, and for recruitment sake, I end up declining these myself.

In my opinion, to what I would see as the 'proper' way of things to transpire for new arrivals, is to perhaps allocate a small amount of time to question if the newie freshman, is indeed that? or if they are after some assistance on how things around here are run without a crew invite at this point. (I realise some of you did take an interest at the later and for that I say God 'Demon' Bless you.)

Overall, just taking an interest is a great place to start!

Demon twiddle's his 'Fingers' and smiles confidently, in hopes that he is taken seriously

Report Post Tip

Noticing the interesting conversation taking place up the street, Deception decides to walk over and add a few words.

"When I first arrived to these shores mere days ago, I was given a few tips right off the boat from a wise guy who looked to be giving everyone getting off the boat the same tips. He pointed me in the direction of some work. The various options for work gave me an opportunity to do work with all crews, which in my opinion is a very good system. I can completely understand not wanting to contact a complete stranger, but if the guy has done some work for your crew I think it's only right you find out who the new guy is hanging around your social clubs and bars."

Deception stops for a moment to grab his pack of cigarettes from his coat pocket. He places a cigarette to his lips and grabs his Zippo lighter from his pocket and flicks the flint wheel to ignite the small flame to light his cigarette. He takes a puff from his smoke and continues.

"I only have one experience with this, but after doing some work for some crews I was contacted by a few guys who were in charge of recruiting and all were very down to earth people. After spending a few days here on these shores I've begun to pick up a little bit more on the way of the world and how things work, and I can understand the need to be careful about who you bring into your crew. It's only right if someone do a little bit of work for someone before they get contacted, but I definitely agree that if someone puts the work in you should at the very least see what they're about. To have to sit on the streets for hours without a single welcome is, in my humble opinion, unnecessary."

Recognizing he's rambling now Deception finishes up what he was saying as he's sure he's gotten his point across now. He shakes the other mobster's hands out of respect and turns around to walk away. Before he gets far he turns back to tell a parting joke.

"What does the elephant say to the naked man ?" Deception pauses briefly to allow the question to sink in. "Hey that's cute, but can you breathe through it?" Smiling Deception walks off into the distance.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Family Support? Or
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL