Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 14:29:27
Page:  1 
Uptown Ludus Started by: Curtis on Feb 23, '15 19:53

A lot had been happening in the wake of the valentine's day massacre. There was a good deal of celebration and drunkenness but also a new issue of the invading pretenders to Brooklyn's authority. The VDayBrooklyn crew was here and it was all hands to the pumps to put these fuckers in their place. Curtis had ordered 50 graves dug and a photo taken of the 50 holes with caskets next to them. He'd sent the photo along with a large bottle of cognac to the Godfather of the invading crew with a note that simply said "Please enjoy a last drink, on us."

The invasion had also been food for thought about expansion. It had been on his mind for some time but this incident had brought the issue to the fore. He decided to move sooner rather than later and headed back to the office. After making some calls he had a brief meeting with Barry before getting Batiatus and the head in The_Stig's car and heading across town to Manhattan. They did a lap of the park before stopping outside a huge building. Babadook was waiting for them. Curtis got out and exchanged words with his right hand then strode inside, heading through the lobby and into the bar. Batiatus and the others followed and when they were all settled with drinks, Curtis spoke up. 

"The time has come to expand. I think this is the most important real estate for us to control now. Uptown Manhattan is definitely the next step. Its where all the city money is and it's a classy district. Batiatus, you've always been a man of the upper classes and I think you're the obvious choice to move here and take over. I need Barry to stay with me. Me and the head have important work controlling the nerve center of the city. You my friend, you are the one I would have surrounded by all this finery."

He took a good drink from the crystal tumbler full of whiskey and stood up. Raising his glass glass to his friend he spoke once more.

"Batiatus of the house Batiatus, leader of the Factory Ludus, I ask you now, to move your family to this place and assume the role of acting Godfather of Manhattan!"

Batiatus stood with a big smile on his face and the two men embraced. After numerous drinks Barry sidled off to arrange some debauched entertainment for the evening and Curtis walked out into the streets with Batiatus.

"Ladies and gentlemen. It is with great pleasure that I give Don Batiatus permission to move his operation into Manhattan and assume the role of acting Godfather of the district. He shall take all the powers of a Godfather until he is able to negotiate control from the old boy in residence and adopt the official title himself. The Factory Ludus will further our expansion in the city and ensure continued growth and prosperity with our businesses. Congratulations Batiatus!"

Curtis stepped aside to allow Batiatus to receive his applause and headed over to where Barry was emerging from the building, wedged between two unnaturally good looking women with a big shit-eating grin on his face. The head's powers with the ladies were an unending source of mystery and wonder for the big man. He was pleased to learn there was a suitably wild night of celebration arranged in all the wrong places. 

Report Post Tip

I stand before you a humbled man, Godfather Curtis. Gratitude for bestowing this honor upon good Batiatus and deeming me worthy of ruling over the district of Manhattan as Dominus until I can dethrone the preening shit-eater that presently serves as her Godfather.

As always, I stand in awe of you for your keen judgement and forethought, Godfather. A man of lesser wisdom would have relegated me to the slums of The Bronx, certainly no place for a man of noble-breeding such as myself. Manhattan suits me well, and I look forward to further elevating New York's prominence as well as reaping the rewards and the plentiful coin that comes along with ruling over such a prestigious district.

The Gods have looked favorably upon us and have blessed us with good fortune on this eve. My intent was to honor them with the gift of virgin sacrifice, but seeing as you have already sent good Barry away to tend to his errands, let us raise our glasses and toast them with our wine instead. To the Gods! To New York! And to fucking Batiatus, acting-Godfather of Manhattan!

Report Post Tip

the fat man pulled himself away from the dice tables as he heard celebrations coming from the nearby streets. not even the hot streak that he was on could keep him at the table. this had to be the celebration that he was expecting. Upon reaching the streets, breathless and sweating like Chris_Vaughn when mentioning pie, Ragnarok saw Godfather Curtis and Don Batiatus exchanging handshakes in a joyous manner. Upon their display of manliness, Ragnarok wiped the sweat from his face and grinned.

Don Batiatus, leader of men, friend, and head fucking gladiator, I salute your excellence. When you first expanded out into our city, you allowed me to tag along and assist in whatever ways possible. You are a fine leader of men, with no taste for bullshit. Those within your house are proper gladiators who do this city justice. I wish you well as you move to Manhatton and assume the controlling reigns. As a parting gift, I offer you the bastard known as n00b. I'm not sure Barry would even notice he has gone missing.

he turned to Godfather Curtis, offered his respects, and returned to the gambling tables. Monies needed to be earned

Report Post Tip

Hail Don and now acting-Godfather Batiatus!

I and my ancestors have watched your rise to power and greatness with great interest and I am not surprised you have been given this great position of power and prestige. Manhattan has had it's fair share of great Godfathers in the not-so-distant past, and I hope you will prove yourself to be as equally awesome.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to you to Batiatus on your move to Manhattan and to Curtis and all of New York on this day when our world is filled with so much emotion. This good news comes when we all need a bit of it. I'm excited to see New York growing and I know the city is in good hands. I look forward to continuing to work with such a fine organization.

Report Post Tip

This is truly a glorious day for New York, with Don Batiatus acting Godfather on Manhattan, New York shall truly blossom with our brother district Brooklyn.  Thank you to Curtis for giving our Boss, and our crew a chance to take a district and make it shine Gladiator style. I will dedicate this life to Manhattan, our leader Batiatus.

Congratulations and Hail to Don Batiatus, leader of all Gladiators of the Factory of Ludus, we shall take Manhattan by storm and make it legendary. 

Report Post Tip

After business in town had come to pass, Scarfo made his way down into the lobby of the Smackdown Hotel. He enjoyed his time in NY, yet before leaving completely he wanted to take a quick spin around the city. He didn't get much time for such things, and decided this trip was as good a time as any. Before finalizing his hotel account, Scarfo overheard two men exchanging words in the hotel foyer. Scarfo was waiting for a hired car to collect him for the trip before coming back and paying his tab.

The two speaking were talking of a new Godfather in New York. The name Batiatus was mentioned as well as Manhattan; key words Scarfo took note of. After butting in and interrupting their conversation, the Philly native got the fully story and felt the trip around New York could be extended to a visit past the celebratory ceremony, also spoken of. After the car pulled up, Scarfo was advised, and he left with the driver.

Scarfo's line and history extended to the roots that had taken a firm hold in New York. A few wars had come and gone yet the same fact remained. Curtis' leadership kept on producing. From Philly to New York and beyond, the name was well respected and admired. Scarfo had heard of stories of his father and the work he had done with the crime family and what had now become the overseers of New York city. It arose in him a sense of pride, a feeling of hope and a good dash of gratitude. A cocktail of emotions a little different than he was usually accustomed.

After the car pulled up outside the gathered group of well wishers, Scarfo exited and settled in amongst the Mafiosi in attendance. After a few came forward and gave their words of thanks and gifts to the newly named Godfather of Manhattan, Scarfo stepped forward to do the same. He pulled an envelope out from his inner jacket pocket and handed it to Batiatus.

"I admire where you have come from and where you now stand, as acting Godfather. I offer you this gift as a token of my respect. I wish you well and hope you have much more success to come."

Scarfo kept it short and to the point. He didn't have much more to say on the matter, and felt what was said was what his emotions wanted to. He felt the gift was also sufficient to show his respect for a Godfather being named in the sister city to where he grew up, and now held a healthy position and some steadily growing businesses; the city of Philadelphia.

The head bowed and the shaking of the newly named Godfathers hands followed, before Scarfo made his leave from Batiatus' presence to allow the procession to continue. After mingling with a few recognizable faces, Scarfo made his leave altogether and returned to the hire car where the driver was waiting. A happy event in New York City to end a good few days on business.

Report Post Tip

Archy had just arrived to the streets of Brooklyn when he heard the news about New York's latest celebration, as usual him and Astro were too late. However, they two could use a couple of free shots that would be available at the generous event organized by Godfather Curtis. As they made their way to a huge building uptown Manhattan. Archy walked in and apparently everyone was already a little tipsy. Archy grabbed a glass and brought one for Astro then made his way through the crowd to where Don Batiatus and Godfather Curtis stood, he shook hands with both men.

"Congratulation Batiatus on your new position, sir. You sure have earned it, I can't wait to see you claiming the official title from the current Godfather of the district though. Good luck with building up the new district. I'm very sure you'll be up to it."

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations to you Don Batiatus to your move to Manhattan. I can see no end to your reign as Dominus of The Factory Ludus.  Your rise to prominence is one that would be remembered by generations to come. No more insults by the Gods, you have now been blessed by them with good fortunes and plenty of coins to be had. Seize this opportunity and may your family reach greater heights!"

HAIL Don Batiatus!! HAIL The Factory Ludus!! HAIL New York!!

Report Post Tip

Ivan overheard commotion coming from the streets once more. He knew that chanting to belong to his friend Batiatus. The echoes of his legion were always loud for all to hear.

Congratulations my friend. I cannot begin to explain how happy I am for you and your crew. 

HAIL DON BATIATUS!

Report Post Tip

"All I see is fuckin' traffic", Al snarled as he peered out at the view through a window on the 8th floor of the St. Regis hotel, in the heart of midtown Manhattan. The bellboy coughed politely. He wasn't sure what the man expected. In truth, Al was just busting his balls. But what could the kid do? He, like everybody else in town, had heard of the Factory outfit over in the Bronx. Curtis was a revered figure in the city, Bronx or no, and it was only a matter of time until the rest of the boroughs began to follow. Alphonse tipped the boy and sent him on his way with the wave of a hand and an insincere thank you. He didn't make a habit out of staying at hotels. He had other places to stay around the city. But he was a captain now, he was earning. You had to spend your money somehow and Al's lifestyle wasn't conducive to a big mansion on the hill. He liked the city. 

Al smoked a cigarette in the lobby while he waited for his car. It was a fantastic day for the Ludus. It was a show of faith, more than anything. Don Batiatus had an electricity about him, Al ruminated, the kind often characteristic to leaders of men, so it was no surprise to Al that the Don had been earmarked for this expansion. A better man to follow into new territory, Al could not name, like sailing with Pytheas to Thule. A nervous goomba came shuffling through the revolving doors. The car was here. Al dropped the smouldering cigarette butt into the ash tray, not bothering to stub it out, and left the hotel. 

There were a number of people present by the time they got to the new spot, offering their congratulations. Alphonse didn't want to step on any toes, so he waited by the back, with the goomba against the hood of the car, while they offered the Don and the Godfather their respects. It pleased him to see such a turn out for the Ludus, and for his Don. Hail Batiatus, he thought, finding himself ever more empowered by the statement and comfortable in it echoing around the city for a long time to come. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After milling around a bit, sipping on her third glass of champagne (damn, this shit goes down a bit too easy) Chun_Li  wanted to to offer her respects to one of the best leaders she'd ever had the privilege to serve under..

Congratulations Boss!! There is no doubt in my mind that you will do great things in and for the city of Manhattan..It's been a honor for me to be apart of The Factory of Lutus..I look forward to seeing the future of Manhattan unfold under your rule..

Report Post Tip

Chris walks up to Batiatus and hugs him warmly, a broad smile on his face. He turns briefly and glares in the direction of that jabroni, Ragnarok.

"Battyanus, The Rock congratulates you on this momentous occasion. The Rock can think of no one better suited to leading the expansion of the Factory into Manhattan. The Rock remembers when he first appeared in New York after the death of his father. The Rock remembers how you offered to train the Rock, how you offered to take the Rock under your wing. How you sparred with the Rock in your Ludus. How you offered your Daughter to the Rock hoping that the most Electrifying man in all of Mafia Land would become a member of you Family one way or another. And the Rock remembers how he turned it all down and Signed on with Curtis instead, just has his father had done.

The Rock also remembers how you didn't take this personally. Its proof of the big man you are. You are willing to help anyone, to nurture peoples hidden talents, and to put the needs of your family before your own. For this, you have the Rock's admiration. The Rock wishes you all the best in Manhattan, and reminds you that if ever you need anything, the Rock is happy to assist."

Report Post Tip

As Heroin visits the Big Apple he hears a speech giving by Godfather Curtis about important news for New York. 

Congrats Batiatus!

I am very excited to see you take your family and business to Manhattan. I know you will flourish well. I congrat you on your new role and only see nothing but success your way brother.

Take this fine bottle of Chicago's finest Champagne and this box of dessert cigars they have a great taste after a big dinner.

As Heroin toast to Batiatus success.

Report Post Tip

Being an investor as he had been most of his life Grunt had purchased some retail in New York, Manhattan specifically. However the value of his property dropped several months ago when some no name became the godfather of Manhattan. Crime against women and children rose dramatically and families refused to live there, which hurt Grunt's income. On his flight to New York to sell the property before he would lose anymore money Grunt was told that Godfather Chairman was allowing Batiatus to move his operation over to Manhattan. This was amazing news! Eventually Batiatus would drive out the current godfather and take the role for himself and the awful crimes that were happening would stop! That means that Grunt's property would rise in value and he would finally make a profit. When he landed in New York there was only thing he could say...

"HAIL Don Batiatus!!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Uptown Ludus
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL