Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:53:35
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Future of the Suburbs Started by: Maria on Feb 23, '15 22:12

It had been a long few days of meetings and discussions for Maria. When she stepped out onto the streets to announce her plans for the future of the Suburbs, she looked visibly tired and was holding on to a takeout cup of coffee like it was her first born child. Following closely behind her were Dexter, Nighthawk, PaulHeyman, Lancelot, Sweezy, Odin-II and DaKurlzz. Rubbing her eyes a little, she stepped forward to speak.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to be taking up your time this chilly evening. I'm here tonight, however, to discuss plans for the future of the Suburbs. 

It's been a hectic few days for us within the district. Already, changes have been made to the leadership of the Suburbs, and I would like to comment upon the changes so far and announce to you all the further changes that will be put into place. Every decision that has been made between myself, the upper structures of my district and my fellow Chicago leaders has been made with the intention of securing the brightest possible future for my district. 

First of all, as I am sure many of you will have noticed, with the blessing of the stunning Godmother Kelly_Kapowski, Don Lancelot and his crew, The Round Table, have joined our family here in the Suburbs, from North Side. I would like to extend my deepest thanks to Godmother Kapowski for allowing Lancelot to make the move across the city, where I am delighted to announce that he will be assuming the role of my Underboss later on this week. Don Lancelot is both a fantastic man and a fantastic crew leader, and I hope that he and his crew feel at home here in the Suburbs.

This brings me on to my second announcement. For the Suburbs, this is a bittersweet moment: Don Nighthawk will, over the next few days, be making the move across to Las Vegas. I cannot put strongly enough into words how much this man has done for the Suburbs. I cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for us, for everything that he has helped us to become. He will be missed hugely in the Suburbs, but I am more than confident that he will be downright fantastic in Las Vegas, and that he will make us all incredibly, incredibly proud. I'm sure I'll be out to speak further on this matter in due course. 

My third announcement is a less happy announcement. It is with real sadness that I have to inform all of you that Don PaulHeyman will be stepping down from his role as one of my captains here in the Suburbs. Paul stepped up for us soon after I took Godfather and has put a lot of time and effort into the betterment of the Suburbs, however, other commitments have to take priority. Paul will be stepping down within the next couple of days, after his members have been rehoused within the Suburbs. I speak for the whole district when I thank Paul for everything he has done, and I know Paul will continue to be a huge part of the Suburbs. 

My fourth and final announcement is a happier one to end this speech on. DaKurlzz will be taking auth as my captain this evening, with Odin-II as his right hand man. I personally could not be happier about this. A week ago, I was frantically kicking DaKurlzz and Odin awake following the death of WhereWasI and begging them to, between them, take on a crew here in the Suburbs. They have both spent the last few days busting their arses to be ready for this, and I know that the two of them will do a fantastic job. With the two of them working together, I can Keep Calm and Odin On, without any worries for the future. 

That about sums up for now everything I need to announce, so thank you all for your time and attention. I'm sure I will be stepping out again in the coming days to speak further on the new developments for the Suburbs.

Maria drains her coffee cup and tosses it into a nearby trashcan. 

Report Post Tip

Firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to both Kelly_Kapowski and to the little grey one who's name no can understand so is known simply as Aliens, I have enjoyed my time on the Northside working alongside you both and without the opportunities you both gave me I wouldn't be where I am today, cheers for putting up with me your not quite rid of me though hehe...

Thank you for your kind words Godmother Maria , our ancestory goes back a fair while now so when I was approached by Godmother Kelly_Kapowski and asked if I wanted to move over to the Suburbs it was an easy decision to make, I am honoured to be here and will do whatever is required, the whole district has made me feel at home already, shortly after arriving I was even given a shiny new suit of Armour so settling in has been a smooth transition, I look forward to working closely with you all to help the Suburbs continue to grow and prosper for a long time to come.

Report Post Tip

I'm thrilled to see life returned to Las Vegas. Such a fantastic city filled with history should have never set for so long. Good luck in the expansion. As to PaulHeyman stepping down, its a sad day when other worldly commitments take over, but I wish him well. On every occasion, Paul has been profession in his dealings and a treat to speak with.

Report Post Tip

The little grey alien stepped into the throng and with a wave of his hand his bodyguards parted the masses like moses parted the red sea. He walked slower these days, as his age began to show in the white hairs that protruded from his ears and nose. He was not a young alien anymore but happy to serve his Godmother non the less.

Stepping up to Godmother Maria he smiled and took her hand in his and kissed her ring. Stepping up the box he added a few words to her own and Don Lancelots.

It is a good day for the suburbs. Change for the sake of change is never a good thing, but we can all see that is not what's going on here. With a shift of leadership at the mid level comes a renewed vigor to ensure the safety of Chicago and burbs. I look forward to working with these two new additions and would like to congratulate each of you.

Dakurlzz, your line is a strong one and passionately loyal. You have earned this in more ways than I can speak of here today and I know you will not let your Godmother down, or the great city that is Chicago. Should you ever need anything, you have but to ask. My door is always open for you.

Lancelot, it's about time you got off your lazy ass and accepted some responsibility. 

The little alien paused to chuckle at his own joke before getting back on topic.

My friend you have shined here in Northside and I know that you will continue to shine in the burbs, assisting the wonderful Godmother Maria in all that she hopes to accomplish in this life. Protect her my friend, she is a good one of the good guys.

Report Post Tip

Meeting! Meeting! As buddha heard the news that Maria will be gathering a meeting to all the Suburbs, " Oh, Damn the long waited decision of our Leaders, Gotta suit up and prepare for this gathering" Lets to this! 

As buddha walks out to his room, He light up a joint to be more relax in this gathering. As he walks into the crowd and saw a bunch of group of people. Buddha is so curious, as walks nearly to the group he saw his friend Vagoong " Ohh, Fuck my friend, Wassap! What are you doing here buddy? " Buddha is so fucking shock on what is happening but with a great confident that this meeting would be fukcing great! "Ohh damn this could be it, Maria step on the stage and start his important announcement to the Sub. As maria discuses the announcement. Buddha is in the corner sitting with a spliff on his hand and Agreeing to the decision that has been made. As he heard the second announcement, Buddha stand up for that incredible decision for Nighthawk, "Well deserve my friend! " As maria finish his announcement.

Buddha walks into the new blood of Sub! Walks near to Vagoong and shake his hand, As buddha shake the hands of his friend he saw The Don lancelot and give him a big hug! " Go build a higher walls here in Sub ". Cheers to all Roundtable! As buddha walks away to the crowd he walks nearly to the new Auth of sub Dakurlzz! " Congrats my tho. Keep on pushing! Also buddha walks nearly to Maria and Paul " Waddap buddies, This is a great journey to us and Sub! Will gonna miss you guys once were are moved. But we will keep in touch alright? My pleasure to serve you both "

As buddha greet all the achievers in th district, He walks away with Hawk with a great smile in there faces. And greet one another " Great job my friend" Buddha pick on his pocket a pack of cigar and pass it to hawk as they light it up! For this up coming challenges and for our future! WELL DONE TO ALL OF US SUB! 

Report Post Tip

After hearing what Godmother maria announce, Vagoong and The Round Table are now officially members of suburbs.

Vagoong saw his friend Buddha with his suit shining above anyone else, "what the, you are prepared for this mate" and then he shake his hand " congratz buddy i will visit you in vegas as soon as possible.

Upon those many people, he saw Dakurlzz and greet her " Hi Maam, im Vagoong the right hand man of Don Lancelot nice to meet you, looking forward to work with you and your family at burbs to make it grow and prosper ". He shake her hands and then leave.

He also go to Godmother Maria place and greet her, " Hi Godmother, let me introduce myself, im Vagoong the Right hand man of Don Lancelot and i will do my best to assist my dear leader Lancelot for your sake ". Vagoong offer a bottle of wine to Godmother Maria and then he leave.

Vagoong went back to his leader Lancelot with a two bottle of beer in his hand. He gave one bottle to his boss, " Cheers Sir Lancelot, for SUBURBS."

Report Post Tip

It was a sad day for PaulHeyman. He had been a Captain in the Suburbs since the elevation of Maria to the position of Godmother, but his time in this position was coming to an end. Nevertheless, he felt the district was in great hands going forward, and decided to step forward to offer his own words, as well as to explain his own decision. 

"As has already been explained by Godmother Maria, I will be stepping down from my role as her Captain. This has been an extremely difficult decision to take, yet I am confident that it is the right decision for both my members and the district of Suburbs as a whole."

He paused for a moment, to take a sip of water.

"Sadly, there are factors that transcend this life of ours that cannot be accounted for. Consequently, I no longer possess the time to run my crew effectively, and I believe the district will be served better by another leader."

Paul turned to DaKurlzz.

"DaKurlzz, I truly believe you are the ideal person to take the Suburbs as a district forward; I can't think of anyone better-placed to carry on building up the district than yourself, and I truly believe my former members are in the best of hands with you at the helm. I know your line's vast experience will be of immense help to them in encouraging them to continue their growth."

"I am also delighted to welcome Don Lancelot to the Suburbs. It is great to see you here, and I am absolutely sure you will help the Suburbs go from strength to strength. I look forward to working with you."

Turning to Nighthawk, Paul continued.

"Nighthawk, it has been truly wonderful working with you during our time together. we both started our journeys as leaders in this district together, and I like to think we've worked pretty damn well together. You truly deserve the chance to continue yours and your crew's growth in your own district, and I of course wish you every success in doing so."

Feeling emotional, Paul ended his speech, picked up a bottle of Scotch and poured a measure into a glass. He proposed a toast.

"To the Suburbs, and to the future."

Report Post Tip

"As it seems 'tradition' I'll note publicly here like everyone else. Personally I think its a sad state these announcements can not be handled more discreetly and handed down among the upper structures of the families as is seen fit. These displays seem to only be self serving and failures of leadership. Long standing tradition should be cast aside. Communication brought when and where appropriate, not handed down like a note on a chalkboard to the masses. Then again, what would I know of such, but personally I'll take true leadership from anyone rather then bowing to tradition and "what is expected".

Kallista scoffs the ground lightly as she turns on a heel to step into a waiting car.

Report Post Tip

"As it seems 'tradition' I'll note publicly here like everyone else. Personally I think its a sad state these announcements can not be handled more discreetly and handed down among the upper structures of the families as is seen fit. These displays seem to only be self serving and failures of leadership. Long standing tradition should be cast aside. Communication brought when and where appropriate, not handed down like a note on a chalkboard to the masses. Then again, what would I know of such, but personally I'll take true leadership from anyone rather then bowing to tradition and "what is expected".

Could you expand on what true leadership is? Instead of scoffing at what is being done, why don't you tell us all more about this 'true leadership'.  What Godfather Maria, and Don PaulHeyman have done is true leadership. They had an internal issue, they addressed it, then they informed the masses of what was occurring. It was handled properly, and respectfully. Had this not occurred, people would have been gripping about worldly actions happening, but no one informing them about the reason why.

So please, since you're not happy with this, show us the light and the way. Your line clearly knows how to do things properly.

Report Post Tip

So are you upset that this was not passed among the upper structures? Because I can guarantee you that my own notice of this happening arrived by messenger before this whole announcement. This was done by every standard that we hold onto by todays rules. I do not know how this could have been done any better. And please enlighten the masses of what true leadership is please. Because the attempt your mother put on last night did not show it.

Ivan takes a step back from Kallista before giving his praises to the newly appointed leaders.

I have to echo what my comrade Ragnarok has already said. It is a great pleasure to see Las Vegas being opened back up after the removal of Godmother Sydney and company. Being a friend of hers Don Nighthawk, I only hope you can match or do better than she could with the city. The last time that city was at its height of potential was far too long ago under the likes of Marston and DeadlySin. Good luck sir.

It is a shame to see PaulHeyman step down but rest assured Lancelot will be able to fill in quite nicely. And DaKurlzz's bloodline has always been one to bring some light upon the city he works for. I bid you good luck Godmother Maria but I don't think you really need it. 

Ivan storms off back into the crowd to await for a response from Kallista_Vicci. 

Report Post Tip

Ivan steps forward once more...

Forgive me but someone just informed me that my information may be incorrect. The last time that city was at its height of potential was far too long ago under the likes of DeadlySin

As you can tell, it HAS been just far too long.

Ivan goes back into the crowd feeling like a tupitsa.

Report Post Tip

PaulHeyman I may have only just arrived here in the Suburbs but already I can see you were well liked and respected as a leader, you made a huge decision and did what you thought was best for the whole district for that we all have to applaud your actions as not many people would have the foresight to put others first, you are a true gentleman and I look forward to working with you here in the Burbs.

I'm sorry but I cant for the life of me understand what the hell you are going on about here, firstly tradition is a massive part of our world without these said traditions we would be no more than ragtag criminals running around the streets, traditions give us structure and a general code of conduct.

As far as failures of leadership can you be more specific here? because from where I am standing I cannot see or for that matter have seen anything that would constitute such a remark, do you even know what leadership is? I can assure you it is not about one persons EGO.

Report Post Tip

Fist-O shakes his head at Kallista_Vicci before turning to the upper structure of the new suburban crew.

Congratulations you guys!  Looks like some great leaders you have there.  I can't wait to see what you all are capable of which I know is a LOT.  

Report Post Tip

I do not question that information was shared amongst the powers that be, that is inevitable. I only seek to queestion the manner in which it was dissiminated

Report Post Tip

Wow, a lot to take in there, but it looks like there have been some very sensible decisions here and I am particularly looking forward seeing how DaKurlzz beds into their new role as I believe there is a lot of potential within that individual.

Congratulations to the people 'moving up' in our world.

Report Post Tip

I do not question that information was shared amongst the powers that be, that is inevitable. I only seek to queestion the manner in which it was dissiminated

You may want to go listen to another conversation that talks about chain of command and succession of command. If you read it, you'll understand who you should be angry about. I mean your own district upper structure has the right to fill you in or not and thats their own decision. So by no means should you come out here during a speech claiming that you did not get the memo and put blame towards the original announcer. 

I am going to overlook that you didn't answer Ragnarok or my questions, and leave it be. Like you should.

Again, congratulations on the new leaders of said districts. 

Report Post Tip

Maria turns to address those who have spoken.

To the majority of you who have come out here to respond to my speech, I'd like to sincerely thank you for your well wishes. The Suburbs moving forward in such a positive manner is a source of great happiness to me and to see others happy to see us taking positive steps only furthers that happiness. I'd particularly like to thank Ragnarok and IvanRomanov for speaking in defense of myself and my district in the face of some interesting comments from Ms Kallista_Vicci while I have been attending to other business. Your support is truly appreciated, although please be rest assured that I will not excuse myself from commenting on her words myself. That just wouldn't be my way. 

Maria then turns to face Kallista_Vicci.

Lets dissect this bit by bit, shall we? It's been quite some time since I've particularly felt the need to do this, so thank you for at least bringing that little run to an end.  

Personally I think its a sad state these announcements can not be handled more discreetly and handed down among the upper structures of the families as is seen fit.

I've never viewed happy news as much of a cause for discretion. Why should the positive news in our world not be shared along with the negative? Why should we not discuss our growth in the same way as we discuss our shrinkage? Upper structures of families were of course informed of movements within the Suburbs as they were made, there was no failure there. However, I see it as a sad state when people encourage the repression of announcements of change in our world. Perhaps there is a little jealousy involved here? I remember no speeches or fanfare in the honour of the last of the name Vicci to wear a bold suit, only a bullet.

These displays seem to only be self serving and failures of leadership.

"Self serving"? I would personally consider a self serving action to be something more along the lines of, say, roguing out of a family to set up a crew of your own in another city without the consent of your leader, only to be shot, and therefore die for nothing. That, I would consider to be a self serving action.  

Communication brought when and where appropriate, not handed down like a note on a chalkboard to the masses

Handed down like a note on a chalkboard? Hardly. I'd call a note stuffed in the inbox of upper structures, only to expect them to copy it out and stuff it in more noteboxes, to be the more impersonal approach. In standing up on the streets and discussing the changes within my district, I open myself and my district to comment, feedback, thought, intelligent discussion, and even comments such as yours. Which, y'know, I then respond to. If I was handing it down like a note on a chalkboard, I'm pretty sure I'd not be back to discuss it. 

personally I'll take true leadership from anyone rather then bowing to tradition and "what is expected".

I do find it a hilarious irony that you speak of true leadership less than 24 hours after the death of your ancestor in one of the most abortive attempts at leadership that this world has seen since the last time the Melis bloodline donned a bold suit, however, if you know quite as much as you seem to think you know, I'm quite sure you'd understand that myself, and indeed my bloodline, hardly tend towards bowing to tradition or "what is expected". Indeed, quite often, we have abhorred it. I know plenty about individuality, my dear. I've just managed to not express it by impatiently setting up shop at random in another city only to be shot.

Maria shrugs.

Anything else?

Report Post Tip

Nope, watching old N.Y. history repeat itself. I'll be over here.. see you when I see you <3

Report Post Tip

Lexie walks out to the streets to greet Maria. With a frown on her face she extends her hand.

I am so very sorry that Kallista has been allowed to come out here this many times and show such a form of disrespect. I am in shock that it has been allowed to happen. I am also sorry it took this much time to solve. I hope that you can accept the apology. This is not just from me, but from all of South Side. We do not condone these actions.

Report Post Tip

As word reached out to Demon that his Leader and himself were moving to Vegas, a wide-gaping Grin spread across his face like a mad man. If you weren't familiar with the creature, you probably would think he was mad right about now.

Congratulation's Boss!!! Word's simply cannot compare with how happy I am for our future in Vegas!

Demon turns to face his close mentors, Buddha and Grosso

Ooooooots, Buddha- and Grosso!! We're moving to Vegas!

As Celebrations were underway, Demon Couldn't help but realise the allergic itch the demon begun to feel on his cute red cheeks. Struggling to find the reason, Demon pulled away from his fellow pairs to try sniff out the source of his allergy's. It was at the moment when his cheeks had become flared up and swollen, he'd found the source of his allergy's. Gazing at Kalista_Vicci he remembered his allergy for Jealousy.

I'm sorry Kalista for any ill you may feel, against the decisions made for the future of our cities.

I Pray you will one day make up for the sins of your forefathers/mothers, leaving behind all this Hatred and Jealousy.

Wishing he'd somewhat inspired the girl to do good in her lifetime, Demon had made the girl perform 10 Hail Mary's before vanishing to re-join the ongoing feast.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Future of the Suburbs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL