Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:14:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Disrespect/Respect Started by: Percival on Feb 25, '15 16:19

That is understandable, you had a great loss that day of course.

Report Post Tip

I think it was Dostoyevsky that said:
“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”

If one believes they deserve respect, they should first and above all show respect.
Wouldn't you agree?

On the other hand, if you have made your way to a position where you are to respected to what you have achieved, do you autmaticly deserve it?

My bloodline hasn't seen any Godfather or Godmother show disrespect to anyone. Thugs and Dons alike.

If that has changed in the past year, then, well then this world of ours has a serious problem.

I hope to God I'm wrong.

If there's one thing I know for sure it's that my bloodline has always shown respect to anyone on these shores and I'm not about to change that.

Report Post Tip

There is the odd event that a Godfather get's carried away by his emotions/temper and that he 'disrespects' someone below him. Maybe that is direspect, maybe that is just being superior and showing who's in charge, but that kind of behavior doesn't usually gets anyone very far.

Report Post Tip

If their decision is just, they do not have to proof it to the lower ranks, which could in many cases lead to misinterpretations followed by actions that lead to reactions and so forth.

The best proof of respect towards a GF is the fact that one decision's not being questioned.

That brings us back to the original topic, doesn't it?

It's a vicious circle that can be broken if everyone shows the equal amount of respect and dedication to their cause.
A hard nut to crack, I know.

Report Post Tip

While having lunch with his french connections, Vandlgat witnessed a horde of chinese stage performers do street acts for the crowds that gathered. Having no clue as to why this is happening, Vandlgat heads to a more peaceful environment to collect his thoughts.

-----

Vandlgat, who was about to go into a movie theater, spots Percival speaking to a crowd about respect, asking the people for their opinions on the matter.

Vandlgat steps up to answer,"Respect is something you never get, if you've never had it. All I know, is that 'you get what you give'. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth. But not everyone will like you. If everyone does, you're doing it wrong."

He shakes hands and thanks Percival for allowing him to speak.

Vandlgat then goes to a candy factory, purchases a quarter ton of black jelly beans, and sabotages the police department water supply by loading it with the licorice...............

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Disrespect/Respect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL