Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 20:08:38
Page:  1 
Protecting Your Community: a Reinstitution Started by: Void on Feb 25, '15 22:24

It's been a long couple of days, seeing the events that transpired surrounding the old Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department Void was saddened to see it turned out that way. He felt that this service could greatly benefit the safety of not only those around him, but the community as a whole and thus he set out to try and create a replacement to fill the void that had been created not too long ago.

Construction began on what was supposed to be the new Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department. Along with his boss Aliens, plans were made and an office building was bought. Employees were trained until they were proficient at sorting out and unscrambling names as the preparations were made for the opening of the Unscrambling Department's doors.

Void and Aliens stepped out of the office building with content smiles on their faces. Void, standing with a sign in his hand, took it upon himself to make an announcement

Most of you have witnessed the events surrounding the introduction and rapid disbanding of the Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department a little less than a week ago. Aliens and I greatly value the idea that we, as a community, should have safe streets. In an effort to replace the Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department, I have created a new one to be used by the masses.

Keep in mind that this service is brand new and that as such, the employees still can sometimes mix up their work(OOC: Bugs), if this is sighted in any way or form I'd like for you to have these irregularities reported to me via mail so that they can be worked out.

Void steps down and walks to the corner of the street before putting down a brand new sign

Protecting Your Community: a Reinstitution

Whenever you have witnessed someone in the act of killing or attempting to kill someone else, take note of all the people around you(OOC: online list)

Contact the reinstated Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department HERE

After having gotten a response from the Unscrambling department, inform your Crew Leader / Hands with the new information!

Remember that your Corrupt Agents have eyes and ears too, talk to them often to see if they have seen anything you haven't!

Donations accepted:

ed792cdb907a1b0599bb243d829d60b0

Report Post Tip

Curtis had been told of the work going on to build a new WS department and was very keen to see the results. Looking at the new department he was impressed with the new furnishings and the attentive staff. A high level of professionalism and reassuring calm exuded from all involved. He was pleased. Taking out a few Witness Statements from his pocket he ran them through the department as a test. Everything worked flawlessly. One of the staff came forward and presented him with a nicely ordered list of possible culprits and the text was complete.

Curtis tuned to Void.

"Young man, you've done a marvelous thing here. All this work, more or less alone. Really remarkable act of self sacrifice and generosity for the community as a whole. You really do warrant the highest recognition for this. Truly fantastic work my friend!"

Handing Void a thick envelope of cash for the upkeep of the facility. He embraced the young mobster warmly.

"If you're even in New York, drop by Barry's place. That guy will show you a side of our town that you'll never forget!"

Report Post Tip

Fist-O was out job searching.  He needed something that made him look legit.  But something that would still allow him to see who every killer in the city was.  He then he saw it.  On a bright flyer that read:

Protecting Your Community: a Reinstitution

He decided to apply.  And apply he he did.  So a few weeks pass and he's got all the names of all the hitters in the whole world at his finger tips.  The end.

To be honest I really don't see how everyone is Ok with this.  Am I missing something here?

Report Post Tip

"Many thanks for coming out here and introducing the new  Witness Statement Bureau Unscrambling Department. I like what has been done with the place and Im sure everyone else that visits it will feel the same way.We all know some of them Witness Statements can be difficult to decipher especially when the old department office closed. Thanks to everyone that helped in the building of the new office."

Report Post Tip

So am I to assume that everyone don't care if other people have important info that reveals other peoples status as far asusing their gun or not?   And showing it to people not even in your family?  Because that's my understanding correct me if I'm wrong.  How is this a good idea?  Just wondering.

Report Post Tip

Omerta people!  Omerta!

Report Post Tip

Seeing the commotion having formed around the newly placed sign, Void felt it was needed to step in and inform those around.

Ah Fist-O-Pain, you pose a very interesting hypothetical scenario. If someone could infiltrate and become an employee of the Unscrambling Bureau, they could possibly obtain some valuable information, yes.

Unfortunately there's 2 problems with this scenario. First of all the inner workings of the bureau doesn't actually involve humans, the process has been streamlined in such a way that figuratively it runs on monkeybrains. The process is automated in it's entirety. Witness statement goes in, confirmed or unconfirmed culprit(s) comes out.

Secondly, all documents involved in the unscrambling of a witness statement are destroyed as soon as the process is done. All temporary documents are burned as soon as they're no longer needed. The exception to this being the names that are sent in as "Reported to have been seen shortly after the incident" (OOC: 60 seconds list). These are stored to provide a more accurate result in the case that the culprit is unable to be found in the report(OOC: 60 seconds list) presented by the client.

Lastly I'd like to say that if you're scared of the monkeybrains not working as intended you're free to not use the service at all. I won't lose any nights of sleep over that, as this is a service intended for those that need and/or want it in an effort to improve the safety of the streets and to catch assassins or would-be assassins.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Protecting Your Community: a Reinstitution
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL