Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 17:20:35
Page:  1 
Angeli della Morte Started by: Maria on Feb 27, '15 00:47

Following the unexplained death of her friend and Chicago's Godfather Chairmen, Ajani, Maria had beefed up the security around herself and around the Suburbs. Where previously she had walked alone, or with just one or two bodyguards, she now surrounded herself by five of her biggest men, with more lining the streets around her. With her, surrounded by her own security, stood Dexter, DaKurlzz and Sweezy. Usually, to announce such happy news, she would bring more of her people, in order to truly celebrate and start the party, however, with so much uncertainty in the air, it seemed more prudent to expose as few of her people as possible. 

The announcement she was to make tonight was to be low key, that much was for certain. While she would've preferred fanfare, excitement, celebrations, it simply wasn't possible with everything considered. If nothing else, the death of Ajani had encouraged the Chicago Police Department to double, perhaps even triple, their presence on the streets, undoubtedly hoping to keep an ear to the ground to unravel the curious happenings. No, letting the police in on her movements was certainly not Maria's intentions.

And so, it was outside Franco's, a small cafe, owned by the brother of one of her own Made members and a favourite haunt of many within the Suburbs, that she chose to make her announcement, surrounded by faces she knew and recognized. 

"Ladies and gentlemen. Today, Chicago is in mourning. The heart was ripped out of our city with the death of Ajani, and in a way, it seems almost an unholy disrespect to be out on the streets sharing good news. But, I knew Godfather Ajani, and I am sure that the last thing that he would wish to see would be the progress of Chicago grind to a halt due to his death. He gave his life for the betterment of this city, and it is my belief that the news that I am here to share with you today is news that he too would have celebrated."

Maria clears her throat and motions for Dexter to stand beside her. 

"To those of you who may not be personally acquainted with him, may I introduce Dexter? Many of you will recognize him as having served as my right hand man, and I am sure also have noticed him working in a variety of positions across the district in order to help us to build and improve. Dexter has been a huge part of the building of the district since I took Godfather, and has been a rock to myself personally, particularly over the past few days with the challenges that the losses of Don Lancelot and Chairman Ajani have brought about. And, therefore, I am terribly sad, but at the same time, very happy, to announce that Dexter will be moving on from his role as my right hand man, in order to step up and become a crew leader here in the Suburbs."

Maria touches Dexter's arm and turns to address him directly.

"My old friend, you knew this was coming. You returned to the world that your bloodline introduced mine to all that time ago, in order to help me. And I know that in many ways it would be easier for you to stay where you are, to not accept any additional responsibility. You have, particularly lately through all that has been happening in my life, been a fantastic right hand man and I am going to miss you in this spot more than you will know. But, I also know that you are the perfect man to carry the Suburbs forward. I know that you will help us to recover from the loss of Don Lancelot the other day and the loss of Don PaulHeyman as a leader, I know you will work fantastically with DaKurlzz and I know that Chicago will be a better place for you donning this bold suit. Thank you, my brother."

Maria pulls Dexter into a tight hug. 

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, Angeli della Morte - the newest crew of the Suburbs.

Report Post Tip

Dexter takes a moment to just look Maria in the eye, silently telling her more than he ever could with simple words. After the hug with Maria, Dexter takes a step back and studies her face for a moment, before speaking gently.

"Words do not do justice the thanks that I feel for this opportunity from you, Godmother Maria, my friend. I will continue to dedicate my life to the building of the Suburbs, and all of Chicago. I have been proud to be associated with you, and even more proud to stand as your right hand while we built a district together. I will not let you down."

Report Post Tip

Vagoong just went back to chicago but when he go to suburbs so many people are gathering. He decided to take a look and he saw godmother maria taking a speech. After hearing what it is all about, he saw dexter on the crowd. Vagoong decided to go and greet the new crew leader Dexter.

Hello sir Dexter, you may not know me but i know you, i heard so many good things about you. i just want to congratulate you and looking forward to work with you at suburbs. Have a nice day sir and congratulation again.

Vagoong went back to their headquarters and decided to take a nap after a long day trip.

Report Post Tip

Fist-O stood in the streets.  Feeling proud to be a Chicagoan on this day.  The loss of fond leaders makes his circuits sad but he learns of a new crew stepping up that Maria was mentioning in her speech called Angeli della Morte.  The speech ended.  A few clapped but most were in morning.  Fist-O being a robot felt nothing so he clapoed with the few.

Congratulations guys!  May the wind be at your backs and ladies on your laps!

Report Post Tip

Good to see that the space which has been left painfully open with the unfortunate passing of Don Lancelot is going to be filled. I wish you the best of luck, Dexter. I'm sure that you will be a great asset to Maria and the district. 

Report Post Tip

The events of the last few days had left a bittersweet taste in PaulHeyman's mouth. The deaths of Godfather Ajani and Don Lancelot had ripped the heart out of the city of Chicago, while his own stepping down as a crew leader within the Suburbs was a matter of great personal sadness. However, he was absolutely delighted to see Dexter given the opportunity to start his own crew, and decided to offer his own words.

"Dexter, it is a matter of great personal pride that you stand here today about to begin your journey as a crew leader. You have been an incredibly dedicated servant to the district of Suburbs ever since we started here, to both Godmother Maria and to myself. You served for some time as my Right Hand Man, and you did so absolutely wonderfully."

"The Suburbs and the city of Chicago as a whole are incredibly lucky to have a man of your calibre as a leader, Dexter. I know that through your vast experience, and tremendous capability, you will demonstrate exactly why Godmother Maria chose you as the successor to the late Lancelot, and to myself. I can't wait to see you get started."

Paul pours a glass of Scotch for both Dexter and himself, and offers a toast.

Report Post Tip
Has to be hard on people that knew this Ajani who work many hours&Support his family.
Report Post Tip

Well Nic is in the city he decides to attend the meeting on the streets.

Well done Dexter, He throws the man a wad of cash before getting in his limo and riding away.

Report Post Tip

When walking the streets of the suburbs Grunt realized that the recents events had not only shocked the residents of The Loop but the suburbs as well. If someone can get away with murdering a godfather, a fucking amazing godfather in fact what would keep them from murdering another one? Luckily, Grunt was a lowly wise guy, so no one would even bother even thinking of harming him so he went without protection for his evening stroll. When news finally spread that Dexter was to set up his own family Grunt found the man, shook his hand and said

"Congratulations my friend, with so many recent deaths among our great city it is quite brave of you to set up. I wish you nothing but the best of luck on this crazy journey."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Angeli della Morte
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL