Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 18:05:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
A Mystery Forever Unsolved? Started by: Moxie on Mar 02, '15 00:51

From her reading up of old announcements and happenings on her wanderings through town, Moxie found herself with one key question relative to the events of the last week in her new world. There seemed to be several opinions which prevailed on the topic, but no conclusive evidence one way or another that seemed to prove, beyond all doubt, that any particular party was the one guilty of firing the shot that had started it all. And so, Moxie began to wonder. And when Moxie wondered, Moxie endeavored to cease to wonder and begin to know. And so, with no particular shyness about her, she picked a spot of her own on a busy street, and began to speak.

The gutters of Chicago still run thick with the blood of those who died there these past few days. I know this for a fact. I visited earlier in the day, and it seeped into the soles of my shoes, was carried through my footsteps. So much blood has been shed there. Four Godfathers, who, my research tells me, since January had been professing to work together, as a unit, as a city united, dead. Their districts, for the most part, laid to waste loyally along side them. A few survivors, who somehow managed to avoid the guns pointed at their comrades. But for the most part, a city laid to waste and ruin. 

How things truly went down the night that Godfather Spunky and Godmothers Maria and Kelly_Kapowski all died, we can gain a decent amount of insight into from speeches made by Godmother Kelly_Kapowski and Don Tish about the moves that their districts made. Although, can we truly accept either of these speeches at face value? Both make references to the death of Godfather Chairman Ajani earlier on in the week, however both place the blame at a different door. With both ladies dead, how are we to know which account was actually true - if indeed either account was true. 

It could maybe have been Don Whor-able. I mean, the case against her, if not so much the rest of South Side (although the argument that the ultimate responsibility for the districts leaders lies with the Godfather would, I suppose, be valid), so who is to say that she didn't go a step further and take matters into her own hands to push Godfather Spunky, and indirectly herself, into a more prominent position? But, on the other hand, it seems to have become a widely rumored that Don Whor-able did not possess the gun to take such a shot, and it seems to have become an accepted fact that the shot on Godfather Chairman Ajani was no lucky hit.

It could have been the work of North Side and the Suburbs, as Don Tish alleged - although the fact that the witness statement that she references as "proof" was a known, proven forgery in itself seems to cast a little doubt on that theory. The motivation and execution of the attack on Godfather Chairman Ajani also seems to cast some doubt on the idea of North Side and Suburbs involvement. The only motive I can see for such a move would be to allow Godmother Kelly_Kapowski to seize power as the Godmother Chairman of Chicago, however, immediately following the death of Godfather Spunky, Godmother Kelly announced the decision of herself and Godmother Maria to enforce the leaving empty of the Chairman position in respect of the memory and dedication of Godfather Chairman Ajani for a minimum of 30 days, which surely goes against the idea that Godmother Kelly was in desperate pursuit of the role of Godmother Chairman. One would also expect that, considering the size and power of the forces of North Side and the Suburbs combined, if Godmother Kelly and Godmother Maria truly sought to dominate Chicago, they would have killed Don Tish, Don BigBlack and Don Lexie_Grey alongside Godfather Spunky and the rest of South Side and ensured they ruled Chicago entirely unopposed.

So, if it wasn't Don Whor-able, and it wasn't North Side or the Suburbs, who else could it have been? Perhaps Don BigBlack? It seems he would be the only remaining suspect from within Chicago itself, and the fact that following the death of Godfather Spunky, he and Don Tish hastened to remove the only other people capable of committing Chairman Ajani's murder under the guise of avenging Ajani's life, especially considering that proof offered by Don Tish before her death was, as already stated, known and confirmed to have been a forgery, does seem a little suspicious in itself.

Of course, it could have been somebody from outside of Chicago altogether, however in the interests of not wishing to make it appear that I am out not for a discussion on events, but in an attempt to frame somebody who still walks out streets and cause more bloodshed than has already been caused by what is seemingly unproven assumptions and blaming, I will refrain from speculation on this front. 

No matter who killed Godfather Chairman Ajani, does anybody still believe that we will ever truly know for sure? Or will we merely be left to speculate forever? Will history assign the blame on any particular set of shoulders, or has it already? I am truly curious on this front. I am unsure as to whether the histories of our world have ever had to deal with the scenario of the mysterious and unexplained death of a Godfather before. It has certainly seemed, in my research, as though usually it is widely known fact how people in such prominent positions met their makers. However, perhaps I am mistaken and this type of event is much more commonplace than I have believed?

Report Post Tip

Whorable didn't have the gun for it. This particular aspect was total bullshit, end of the story.

For the rest, I don't agree with some, if not most, of your reasoning. But that's an other story, and since I don't have facts to back what I could say, I simply won't say it at all. But it still seems pretty much obvious to me who did what here.

Report Post Tip

We may never *know* who killed Ajani.

But I'm pretty sure we all know who killed Ajani.

Report Post Tip

I've heard numerous different versions of these events, some of which are described here and others which have been left unsaid. I personally believe that outside of the trigger-man and his/her trusted associates who scared off any bystanders, nobody really knows for sure who carried out the hit on Ajani. Whoever the culprit was, I doubt their motive was to see the implosion of Chicago as that is entirely bad business for everyone. Indeed, I actually suspect this was more seizing of an opportunity whilst the Godfather was out in the open rather than anything planned by someone with a wider world vision in mind. 

Whatever it was and whoever it was, the fallout from it has been pretty shocking. 

Report Post Tip

bacon, if you're unwilling to contribute your thoughts and speculation to the discussion and matter at hand, why even bother to waste the good air around us on speaking to begin with? I have no "proof" to offer as such, my observations come from information freely available out here on our streets. But I'm sure if you have some kind of concrete answers and insight on what happened, the world would simply love to hear it?

Job, and who might that be? I'm truly curious which way history will remember this.

Barry, I think you probably are right. Nobody is ever going to know for sure, unless the descendants of the accused come forward and admit their ancestors involvement at some point in the future, but I'm still curious as to how history will remember the events of this past week. Has it ever been the case before in our world that we simply have not been able to agree on a common explanation for a certain series of events, that we have not been able to in some way, shape or form confirm them? 

Report Post Tip

Eh, I think Bacon only went out here to say that Whor-able shouldn't and possibly couldn't have been a prime suspect. Seeing as Bacon's ancestor was an important part of the district Whor-able was in, I think we can trust his word on the matter.

In the end I think it does not really matter who really did it. Accusations were thrown around and people died, and that is what matters. We can all hope for a great revelation, but it wouldn't turn back what happened. It'd be interesting to know for sure, but it is no where near as interesting as who people think did it.

Report Post Tip

And, Goto, it is who people think did it that I am so very curious about, because who people think did it, is how it will be remembered in time - unless, of course, we do find out who did it. Which, at this stage, seems very highly unlikely to happen and, as you say, would merely be interesting to know rather than being the kind of knowledge that changes events that have already been.

There is no undoing the past and knowing does not bring any of the dead from this past week back to life. My purpose in speaking out here on the topic was a simple matter of curiosity as to how we will remember this in time to come. I feel as though there is most certainly no harm in speculating on that fact at this point, because, as has already been said, it doesn't change anything.

Report Post Tip

Personally I would think it would not be for the best to call out names of possible suspects in the streets. Such discussion is more suited for private conversations between friends and trusted one, no? We can't take much for certain, and I don't think we should take the identity of the killer of Ajani for certain. Perhaps it is better if it is 'unknown' to history. We can have our private thoughts, but without 'proof' (which can be faked) I think we should let the subject rest. Is there anything to be gained from speculating so 'loudly' and openly here?

Report Post Tip

It is politics, just cause someone doesn't wanna be Chairman for 30 days doesn't mean anything. You don't need a title to throw your weight around. As for killing Tish and BigBlack? Would you really get your hands dirty after say hypothetically you had killed the chairman? Hell no. You wanna smooth things down before your accession....

Just as I said in my speech a day or two ago, it was ill-advised, Whoarably planned, and at the end of the day. A city paid for its leaders being backstabbers. Its a circle really, a deadly one. Empires are built on multiple pillars. One falls...who knows what might happen!!!!

Either way we saw one of the craziest three days my lineage has ever seen here! Sad for the fallen, but when your leaders are incapable or ill calculating should I say...expect the unexpected. Rarely do GF's die and nothing happens...

But one thing is for sure. Ajani is avenged. All suspects now join Ajani across the river...its his turn to settle with them!!!

Rip GF-Chairman! 

Report Post Tip
Some (such as the kin of Godfather Kelly) would suggest that Don Tish didn't need to be included in the loop of things and that it was accepted for North Side to make decisions for The Loop, because she wasn't a Godfather. Irrelevant, seeing as she was Ajani's underboss and therefore destined to take over the district. So a title does matter to some.
Report Post Tip

Goto, mattered to Tish...why BigBlack did the work he did. But it obviously meant nothing to the other GF's in the burbs/NS. As the Loop was very much out the Loop! 

Report Post Tip

Goto, all of the suspects named are dead and buried by now: is there truly any harm in speculating as to their involvement anymore? You'll notice I deliberately avoided speculating on anybody still living. There is nothing in particular to be gained, aside from to determine how history will remember these events, but I also think very little to lose in this scenario either. I personally see no harm to be found in this conversation or in speculation over events. Were some of those being discussed still alive, were this discussion likely to influence anybodies thoughts to the point where lives may be at stake, I'd be tempted to agree with you. But, what is done is done and no further harm can be done, I think. 

I also, for the record, would personally agree with any kin of Godmother Kelly who suggest that Don Tish did not need to be treated as a Godfather as she was not, indeed, a Godfather. Don Tish, at the time of Godfather Mako's death, was, if my information is not mistaken, the only leader from The Loop who met the requirements of the Gods to become Godfather. It seemed as though Don Tish did not wish to ascend into this role at the time and I would be unsurprised personally to hear that Don Tish still had no ambitions of taking the role of Godfather. Further to this, were any descendants of Don Tish still walking these shores, I would be curious to know if her family journals include much record of communication with other Chicago leaders from outside of The Loop. Don Tish certainly had little to no street presence, so I would hope that, if she did harbor aspirations of one day ascending to the rank of Godmother, she was a little more communicative with those around her on the matter of those ambitions. 

LordBlackwod, you speak of leaving Don Tish and Don BigBlack alive to smooth things down before taking over the role of Chairman? Please, please, explain to me, how exactly leaving alive somebody capable of killing a Godfather in a single shot, who would need to, at some point, be removed from The Loop in order for either Godmother Kelly_Kapowski or Godmother Maria to take over the role of Chairman, smooths anything over? To these young eyes, leaving alive two with such power when seeking to take over forcibly, as you allege Godmother Kelly and Godmother Maria intended to do, would contradict entirely the point of either of those two Godmother's ordering or carrying out a hit on Ajani. But hey, that's just me, and I'm saying that with the gift of hindsight. 

Report Post Tip

Well Moxie. Not trying to beat a dead horse here. But I'm just saying if the goal of the GF's of NS/Burbs was to gain absolute power in Chi, they had it after the fall of Spunky/Ajani. At that point, can a Don shoot a GF in a single shot yea? But I doubt they considered that. Once on top its in everyones benefit to consolidate whats left. Had they been able to bring Tish into the loop of power in Chi...who knows maybe Don Tish would have worked with the new powers in CHI! But thats all hypothetical. 

But now if they would have shot spunky and then cleaned out Don Tish...the writing would have been on the wall. At that point the rest of the mob wouldn't need W/S's for Ajani's murder. The power play would have been noticed miles away. And I mean I am no decision maker. But just a hunch....the mob outside would have had something to say about that!!! Members of the council going down just doesn't add up...not unless if there is a reason. A power grab rarely works when there are others of equal might across the country....and heads of GF's rarely go unaccounted!  

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod, I really must question your logic here. 

If Godmothers Kelly_Kapowski and Maria truly wished to consolidate their power within Chicago, they would have removed any and all threats to them, surely? Now, if Don Tish was as uncommunicative with Godmother Kelly and Godmother Maria as she appeared to be with any of the rest of the world, and, as you say, Godmother Kelly and Godmother Maria made this whole, elaborate move to remove Godfather Ajani, please answer me: Why the fuck, at that point, with the legitimate reason to kill Don Tish and Don BigBlack, would they not do it?

I mean, seriously - why go to all that risk and effort, only to leave a leader in control of a gun the size of Don BigBlack's in a position where they could kill either of Godmother Kelly or Godmother Maria without a second thought, alive? The fact that Don Tish and Don BigBlack were left alive suggests to me that the death of Godfather Ajani was nothing to do with North Side and the Suburbs. Because I just don't see why you would enact such a high risk plan without taking it all the way. The fact that they seemed to be seeking to allow Don Tish to live and work alongside them would suggest that they were making the best of a bad situation. But, if you don't believe me when I say I don't understand why any Godfather would leave people alive within their very own city with the power to kill them instantly, if they didn't trust them not to and had no intentions of working with them, perhaps one of our Godfathers could weigh in on this, had they the time? I'd be very interested to hear the thoughts of Godfather Curtis, Godfather @Tetly or Godfather Transporter on this matter. 

To me, the fact that Don BigBlack made such haste to kill Godmother Kelly_Kapowski would suggest that he himself wished to attempt to absolve himself of the blame for the death of Godfather Ajani. But, that's just me.

Report Post Tip

Beating a dead horse here tbh...and nothing but speculation. Ajani was liked by the council. Cleaning up Ajani's district on part of rest of Chi would have as I said earlier, raised flags for the rest of us. Maybe leaders within Chi didn't have honor and respect for each other. But the rest of us respect and honor our friends. 

That is all! :)

Report Post Tip

Penny stops for a quick moment overhearing a conversation on going about the occurrence that happened in Chicago spanning over the past week. The memories still very fresh in her head, her friends her home all taken from her in a heartbeat. Hearing people keep on bringing it up makes her almost sick to her stomach. She decides to quickly intervene.

I know you all are still intrigued by the events that decimated Chicago, I get it still lots of unknown answers and all this he said she said makes people wonder what really happened. All I know is we lost a lot of amazing people, and may they all rest in peace.

Keeping it short and sweet Penny exits the crowd a tear rolling down her cheek and continues on her way.

Report Post Tip

I feel it may be a little rash for you to dismiss the leaders of Chicago as not having "honor and respect" for one another, LordBlackwod. For a start, that entirely takes out of context my point, which was that Don Tish didn't seem to be the most overly communicative of leaders. Godmother Kelly_Kapowski and Godmother Maria both appear to have at least maintained a decent level of public appearances throughout their lives, which is more than can be said for Don Tish, from looking at the public records. That isn't to dismiss the entire city of Chicago, though, as you just have done. Perhaps you are more lacking in honor, respect, and, dare I say, knowledge, than you care to acknowledge. 

Report Post Tip

Moxie then you must have attended the CrewLeader meeting where Don Tish stepped up and came to terms on a cease fire with the rest of Chi's leadership...but I guess thats just me being dis-informed! Or maybe I was too high to remember that meeting! 

But as Penny said, the leaders are dead. Let them rest in peace....this conversation doesn't bring them back to life. Nor does it help find the murderer. 

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod, so, Don Tish came to speak to the few remaining leaders of Chicago - NOT the ones that were actually in question here, by the way - and this somehow makes her a master of communication? Hmm. Not quite sure on that logic there. 

I might also point out for you the last words of my initial speech. This conversation was neither intended to bring the dead back to life, nor prove who committed the murderer of Godfather Ajani. The intention was as follows:

Moxie clears her throat and rolls her eyes a little. Repeating herself bored her shitless, but apparently it was necessary here. 

No matter who killed Godfather Chairman Ajani, does anybody still believe that we will ever truly know for sure? Or will we merely be left to speculate forever? Will history assign the blame on any particular set of shoulders, or has it already? I am truly curious on this front. I am unsure as to whether the histories of our world have ever had to deal with the scenario of the mysterious and unexplained death of a Godfather before. It has certainly seemed, in my research, as though usually it is widely known fact how people in such prominent positions met their makers. However, perhaps I am mistaken and this type of event is much more commonplace than I have believed?

Report Post Tip

Hearing the rumors of Ajani's death, IllFated moved in closer. This intrigued him, even tho it didnt really matter anymore as most of the leadership of Chicago was lost trying to seek the truth. Walking over to LordBlackwod he said in agreement. "I concur those three days were filled with tension and we still come here wondering who really shot Ajani down."

Ill than looked to Moxie "You picked an interesting topic to discus here, I'm sure there are many others that feel the same."

Ill slowly walked away hoping to hear more gossip on the subject before he vanished.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Mystery Forever Unsolved?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL