Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 11:43:32
Page:  1 
WMOB 69.69 FM round up Started by: Father_TeQ on Mar 04, '15 08:09

Howdy folks! 

The owners of the little tin hut my ancestors used to broadcast WMOB radio from have very kindly given me a years lease on the property for free. After taking a look around the ramshackle hut, I've been moved by the strewn bits of scribble on scrap paper in the handwriting of my ancestors, Dick_Gozinya and Mr-47 (I miss this guy so much!). This place obviously hasn't been touched since the last of my lineage broadcast from it. 

I don't yet have the talents some of my ancestors had, however WMOB has always been a big part of my whimsical side. So I've decided to put this place to good use and round up the 3 biggest stories I've seen from the last week or so for those looking for a snapshot of things they've missed.

Ajani

The biggest news of the recent past has to be the 'murder mystery' of Ajani and the resulting war that followed. There were many accusations flying around the streets and coffeeshops (and there still is) about 'whodunnit', much talk and probably a few fake witness statements later, we're still no closer to knowing exactly who did it. 

Editors take: All I can say is that a lot of mobsters lost their lives over a probable 'power play' by someone. We may never find out who shot Ajani and a lot of people are going to need to start accepting this and move on. You are not privilege to every bit of information in our world, neither is ANYONE else. The sons/daughters of the 'main players' in his death and the fallout of it are seemingly moving on from it, regardless of their parents actions or words, you should too. 

Influx of new bold suits

After the war there was a flurry of activity with all the homeless people left after the shootout. Godfathers moved quickly to ensure we weren't left with anybody reaching 48 hours without being able to find a headquarters to call their home. The following is a list I have compiled of new bolds since the war, apologies for missing anyone out...

space--pole, North Side, Chicago - Luck of the Irish: Taurus Division.

Ted, South Side, Chicago - The Emergency Room

Chun_Li, Manhattan, New York - Domina of The Colosseum

IvanRomanov, Manhattan, New York - The Plant

SiriusBlack, Old City District, Philadelphia - The Order of The Phoenix 

Weebl, Bella Vista, Philadelphia - The Explorers Club

TonyCapazzo, South Philly, Philadelphia - Phoenix Rising

Editors take: Always a lot to take in after a war. Seven new families by my count and it's probably about the right amount considering how badly Chicago has been decimated. There seems to be a more even spread across the cities with Detroit choosing to fill up their HQ's rather than auth a new bold suit. 

There's a few I'm scratching my head at to be honest, but only being privy to so much information in the short time my bloodline has been back to these shores, I'm looking at them all with eyes firmly open. Whether they were just set up because of the situation at the time or whether they were a genuine choice remains to be seen. The Godfathers/acting Godfathers who put these new bolds into their positions have what it takes to make it in this world in my opinion, so I'm more than happy to keep my more 'questionable' trains of thought to myself having such faith in the people who made these decisions.

A Godmother rises from the ashes

Just yesterday, Godfather of Philadelphia Tetley announced that the family 'Bam ba lam', led by BlackBetty was to move from his Old City District of Philadelphia and take up residence in Bella Vista so the aforementioned BlackBetty could take up the Godmother position there. The news seems to have been received well by the masses with many people taking the time out to congratulate the new Godmother in the streets.

Editors view: I'll keep this short as there is an obvious bias here. Awesome choice Tetley. Personally, I don't think there's a better mobster out there. :)

That's all I have time for today folks! The generator is almost out of juice and I've still got some DIY with the drill to do to get this metal tin looking like it isn't inhabited by a hobo!

Adieu.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Betty had got up with a monsterous headache and realised she had fallen asleep in her office chair. Thankfully it was comfy. Bravely opening an eye to the morning light coming in the window she glanced around the room. What greeted her was not a pretty sight. Bodies were laying over the other chairs in the room, ashtrays overflowing, empty bottles and glasses on every surface and she could hear a noise from somewhere in the room, music. Trying to hone in on the radio's position in the room, Betty closed both eyes to rest them, afraid to move her head as it made the music clang horribly in her ears. All she could do was sit there and listen, then came the latest news.

As the voice spoke she was reminded of Ajani's death and agreed that it was indeed a mystery that had tragic results. It would be nice to know the truth but she just didn't think it was going to happen. Next up was the reading of a list of new auths in the cities. Hearing Weebl's name made her attempt a smile until it hurt too much she had to stop. On hearing Father_TeQ's opinion on the auth's there was one questionable auth in her mind, SiriusBlack. It beggered belief that a scruffy mystic be handed such a position. Clearly the man had put something in Tetley's tea. A searing pain went through her head as she was shaking it so she quickly stopped and tried to focus on the next segment.

Hearing about herself on the radio was a new thing for Betty, almost like being a famous movie star but not. Continuing to listen she started to recall the nights events, all the family and good friends who came along to congratulate her on her new position. It warmed the cockles of her heart.

With the news finished a new song started to play, her ears already disliked it. As the lyrics started to flow Betty fumbled around to find her gun...

Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.
Could have been three or four six-packs,
I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in,
My head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die,
Tell me, me oh me oh my,
Wasn't that a party?

BLAM! The radio was in a million pieces and everyone in the room was startled awake. Not exactly the noise you want to hear the morning after your boss took out a Godfather. Opening her eyes and speaking to no-one in particular she said, perhaps with hint of a grumpy tone.

Can somebody get me a fucking coffee?!

Report Post Tip

Sitting in his office after the celebration from the night before LordBlackwod turns on the radio to see if there was any talk about the debauchry in Bella Vista. It was always nice to keep tabs on the cops and such. It was his job to keep the heat off the family...a party with drunk mobsters was definitely something that needed to be kept under wraps. As the commercial on the radio subsided, LordBlackwod heard a familiar voice speaking from the other side of the radio. It was one of the guys from Bella Vista hijacking the wave lines. 

Look at this this mofo...not even a day in this place and he's already taking over!!! ​Blackwod chuckled a little bit and kept listening to what Teq had to say. As soon as the transmission was done LordBlackwod screams out to the people working the phones lines. Connect me to Father_TeQ phone line please!!! 

Picking up the phone Blackwod starts his conversation with the host of WMOB 69.69!

Yo man! Great show, I am loving this new transmission you got going on. What did you do to get online anyway?!?! LordBlackwod laughs. After sharing a few laughs with Teq. 

Thats a really touchy issue these days huh? Everyone wants to know what happened to the late GF. I guess no one will ever know. Just I guess we should take solace in the fact that the suspects are dead too. And I think with that, most should be some what satisfied with the results. Its not ideal...but hell! Nothing in our world is. 

​Continuing the conversation, Blackwod picks up the paper looking at all the new bold suits in the cities. Yea man! Some new blood taking up HQ's now. Its definitely a requirement to house all the young mobsters running around. Someones gotta raise em right, can't have a army of thugs just running around ya know! Organized crime needs its soldatos too!!! And besides from what Ive heard from the boss's and what I know personally about these new Cl's...there all class really. Some of them are new to this CL business, but they got some great leaders showing them the light. I think these guys are going to do spectacular....should be nice to see some flowers blossom now! And that SiriusBlack fella...well he's like a thorn with some roses. Or the other way around! But he's class too!!! 

Blackwod takes a sip of his whiskey that was sitting on the table. And man that party the other night?!?! WHAT!!! Craziness....but it was a blast. I can't wait for another one of those. Don't know who's next, but I suspect were gonna have a party like that in New York soon! I can't wait to see that ole chap @Batiatus wiggling and dancing with a ring on!!! Gear up brother!!! The bright lights and the big apple have quite a night life...i love that place!!! 

Just then he hears Rane and Marijuana come running in! Its time Junk_in_the_Trunk is here with the trucks, and I think Weebl is waiting for us to for this job we gotta pull. ​Blackwod looks over at those guys and responds! Ok! Gimme 5 minutes, Ill be right down. 

He gets back on the phone. Alright my friend, was a great transmission....loved it. Keep up the good work. Now I must go do some work before BlackBetty kicks me out this castle!!! Join us if you like. Ill send over the directions. 

Blackwod puts on his suit jacket and his over coat. Clips on his gun and makes his way out the office to take care of some business! 

Report Post Tip

marijuana just happens to hear what said.

Uh...Sorry.. is this a radio station or news times? If so, you got any stoner sections?

He smiles and contiunes to smoke the blunt, with a shot of vodka

Report Post Tip

Hearing of the recent news, Vandlgat took a seat next to the radio, placing his whiskey on the coaster. 

He felt compelled to share his opinion with the other mobsters enjoying their free time.

"In light of recent events, I'd say all the fuss has made us stronger in the end. Death comes swiftly and pardons no one, the truth will come out before the end."

He raises his glass in toast.

"To all those who we've lost, and to all the new friends and family we have the pleasure of pickpocketing, salute'."

With a feeling of exhilaration, he downs his triple shot, stands to his feet, and walks away lighting a cigarette. He greets pedestrians as he disappears into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

It was an early morning, Penny was sitting in her car waiting to pick up an associate who was taking his sweet old time. She picked up the newspaper sitting next her and started skimming though it. The headline on the front page read "Population Rises and With it Comes the Crime" she didn't even entertain it for a moment, was just another reporter trying to butt their nose in where it doesn't belong. So she flipped the page next was the sports section the Tigers won again and to her surprised she actually remember that the Tigers were the baseball team in Detroit you know the ones that played in the stadium basically across her apartment. She skimmed through a couple more pages with none of the topics peaking her interest.

She put down the paper stuck her head out the window of her car and at the top of her voice yelled "Come on you IDIOT, I don't have all day" Bored and being that the paper was absolutely miserable to look at Penny decides to turn on the radio it took a moment to find a station but she tuned into one "WMOB 69.69" A pleasant voice started speak, seemed like this could be interesting. She turned the volume up when she heard the voice state "And the 3 biggest stories going on right now" Penny listened intently when the voice mentioned Ajani's murder. Instantly getting a nauseating feeling in her stomach she quickly turned off the radio. After a few moments she composed herself. 

"If I hear another thing about this topic I swear I might jump off a cliff and where the hell is this fucking guy"

Penny sat back in her seat patiently waiting...

Report Post Tip
The subject of Ajani's death is being milked so much without producing any actual milk.
Report Post Tip

It is a topic of public fascination as the deaths of high ranking mobsters usually are. People are all the more intrigued by this one though, due to a lack of factual understanding. Many people, you included Goto have used the passing as an opportunity to venture out here, to delve and dig in the hope that someone may enlighten you as to why Ajani was killed. Those who have already approached the subject in our fair streets, surely should not criticise another for doing something similiar.

Report Post Tip

Funny. :)

The 2 people who don't care/are sick of hearing of the Ajani story... only commented on the Ajani story!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: WMOB 69.69 FM round up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL