Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:59:02
Page:  1 
Thoughts of a mad man Started by: RTwoDoubleDTwo on Mar 07, '15 15:46

War, war never changes.

As he strolls through the ruins of what used to be, where former leaders and members of this thing of ours used to stand and work their trade. He thinks to himself that maybe he could share some views on certain things. Looking down at the ground he spots something shining as the light hits it just right, he picks it up and it's a shotgun shell.

"Things sure have been rough these last few weeks."

R2 steps out in the open, he notices smoke, ash and fire rising from the ruins of where former establishments held their ground.

As he looks over the ruins of what used to be. He decides to share some thoughts, not knowing if anyone will listen or even care for that matter.

"Why do we war?" He clears his throat before he continues to speak. "We war to stay alive. We war to get to where we want. Sometimes we war for the greater good. Sometimes we war because it's needed. And last but not least every now and then we war because we can."

R2 looks around before opening a beer, taking a sip before he starts speaking to who ever is out there again.

"There will always be winners, losers and casualties in a war. Sometimes mistakes happen and you lose a few good men and women, but in the end that's war for you. You have to lose a little in order to get something."

He chugs the rest of his beer and throws the bottle aside.

"So in conclusion war, war never changes."

R2 takes a bow and walks through the ruins of what was, not knowing what the future may hold, or who may rise up like a phoenix from the ashes and end up doing great. Or if there will be another war around the corner, he smiles as no one really knows what the future may hold or if the past will repeat itself.

He stops for a minute and realizes he forgot something.

"I have a question for the masses, what is your take on war and all that comes with it?"

Report Post Tip

War is something that is just or unjust. Sometimes the reasons for a war are reasonable, sometimes they are utter bullshit. And naturally the reasons for a war are often debated in these very same streets. Usually both sides have valid points, but I believe in this:

• History is written by the victors.
  • Those who are the strongest determine what is just, good, right and what is unjust, bad, wrong.

But of course, this is not always the case.

The kin of the deceased can challenge the view offered by the winning side and present valid criticism and concerns. But this doesn't really matter all that often, seeing as the victor(s) are still victorious.

Most people have their own version of what is just & right, and will do everything to defend that view, even if it means to challenge the strongest. Sometimes this may result in their demise, so yet again the strong rule supreme.

So, 'Might makes right', in a way.

As for war itself; sometimes it needs to happen, sometimes it's just to appease the hunger that build within the hitters if their guns are feeding on MIA's and IA's alone. I believe it's an important part of this thing of ours and sometimes I enjoy being part of one, although less so if on the receiving end. It really gets the adrenaline going, y'know.

Report Post Tip

You sum it up pretty well sir.

Report Post Tip

MsLiar happens to be finalising her drug deals for the day when she happens to overhear RT sharing his thoughts on war and decides to get a little closer so as not to miss what's being said when Goto answers with his thoughts on the matter too. Thinking about it they have both summed it up, there are obviously winners and losers justified or depending on ones view unjustified wars.

Report Post Tip

Brielle strolls through the streets this evening after an unusually sunny day , the snow finally gone from the long cold winter and the sidewalks full of people instead of the towering snow mounds. In the distance she sees a man climbing through the ruins of a recently demolished Head Quarter. She couldn't make out the name on the building but knew it was a recent act the rubble was still smoldering, the smell of the burning wood was an instant reminder of the way this world can come crumbling down in a heartbeat. 

As she gets closer the man becomes a bit more clear, it was someone that she had once meet introduced by her mother what seemed forever ago. RtwoDoubleDTwo was his name or at least that is what she thought she remembered it was, he was speaking about war a topic Brielle had heard and read a lot about so she decided to listen to what he had to say.

Brielle watch R2 he had a bottle of beer in his hand as he ranted and raved about war, she wasn't even sure he knew there were people listening nor did it even seem like he cared. He was on a mission to speak his mind and didn't let anything interrupt him, she watched as he threw his beer aside and finished his speech. The bottle landed within inches of Brielle's feet being environmental conscious she picked up the bottle and placed it in the trash can.

"Ok sir so you would like some opinions on this war topic, let me say that I agree with you. Yup you heard it correctly, war is just a way of life for us. It is something that we sign up for when we decide not to be civilians anymore, without war there is no growth it is sad but true."

Brielle tips her hat towards R2 and keeps on her way       

Report Post Tip

Aware of the question being raised, Vandlgat gives his take on war and the implications of such a venture.

"War is the need for conquest or the need for freedom. 

The evils will not wipe out everything, simply because there would be nothing to control afterward.  To go to war is the small potatos, so to speak. What matters most in a war is the intent one has going into battle. One's intent is what dictates a war worth fighting, in my opinion."

Vandlgat respectfully offers the floor to anyone who wishes to interject.

Report Post Tip

Sadly my friend, war is a part of our life. Its not the first thing most want...cause lets be honest. War is expensive, it sets us all back quite a bit and well, its just not profitable. Some one many moons ago told my great great grand pops. Its more fun to play with money than to be broke and built. I can say...i can't agree more!!! Wars happen, people always find a way to mess up or the aggressors will always find a issue to use. But its not cheap, it is in the benefit of the community as a whole to stay in business and stay away from the war fields...but sometimes things need to be settled on the battlefield. 

It is a cyclical thing our world. A war will eventually always break out, there are always difference of opinions. But as long as the men in power are reasonable and open minded, they should and can be avoided for long periods of time. Unless of course the dynamics change...example Chi/Det. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Thoughts of a mad man
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL