Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:39:59
Page:  1 
WMOB 69.69FM show #2 Started by: Father_TeQ on Mar 07, '15 22:19

Howdy folks!

TeQ here, back in the WMOB, uhhh... go on then, 'studios'. It's not much, but its starting to feel more like home every day! Finally fixed the gaping hole in the roof so at least the weather isn't going to shut us down today. I've even brought a back-up generator with me in case we run out of juice!

So, last time here at WMOB we gave you a round up of the recent actions and reactions and it seems that more has happened since our last airing. Here is a quick catch up!

More bloodshed follows the implosion of Chicago

Another night of gunfire spread across the six cities on Friday night, as New York and Philadelphia decided to make a move that crippled both Detroit and Chicago. Gunning down members of both cities in a seemingly slick takedown which incurred very few losses on their own part. A full statement (which can be found here) was issued by DoBarry on the subject, with questions still being asked now on the topic.

Also today, we witnessed the death of Gin. His abrupt end seemingly dished out by Godfather Curtis after he judged that a rule set down by the Godfather council had been flouted. Curtis' reasoning can be found here

Editors view: It was sad to see more blood being spilled so soon after another chaotic war that left one city decimated. However, the powers that be deemed it necessary after feeling they hadn't been 'reached out to' considering the tenuous position the deceased found themselves in after the implosion of Chicago. Personally, if I were in the Godfathers' position, I would have also wanted some sort of re-assurances from the remaining people left alive that were part of the old Chicago alliance.

I've said my piece on the death of Gin after Don Ragnarok's speech here

A noted 'chill' in the air... along with a few blank expressions

The six cities now have their very own local pot dealer! Brave guy that marijuana guy is! Advertising his prices on the streets openly!

Editors view: A very much needed addition to our world about now! Everyone needs to chill the fuck out after all the recent chaos and get back to making that money!

Well, I need a short break to take a sip of my now lukewarm coffee! Turn up the volume and go boil that water, I'll throw a record on while we're all enjoying those 'hugs in mugs'. I'll be back after this song, dont go anywhere!

(adapted from Oasis - Some might say - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLR3FRaFsQ)

Some might say, calm always follows bloodshed
Go and tell it to the dead with cement shoes
Some might say, that we should stop and ponder
On our thoughts today, cos they hold sway over time!

Some might say we will find a brighter day

We've got thugs, standing at the station,
In need of education in our ways,
You've made no preparation, that's our world's reputation once again.
The streets are full of bitching
Everyone with hatred, on the brain
Conversation can flow so gently, it's all elementary my friend!

Some might say, they dont believe in street smarts,
Go and tell it to the man with cement shoes.
Some might say, respect is earned not given,
If you don't gets yours, there's a reason why that is.

We've got thugs, standing at the station,
In need of education in our ways,
You've made no preparation, our world's reputation once again.
The streets are full of bitching
Everyone with hatred, on the brain
Conversation can flow so gently, it's all elementary my friend!

Welcome back folks, hope you enjoyed the interlude!

It's time to move onto the next portion of our (I keep using 'our' and 'we' but it's just me here really) show, we have some cash prizes on offer now.

1st prize - $1.5 million

2nd prize - $750k

3rd prize - $250k

What do you have to do to win these fantastic prizes you say? Well it's simple really, we're going to play a little game with numbers that will be ongoing until we next air, where we will announce the winners live on air! If you wish to take part, please go here.

The competition will start at 01:00am mob time tomorrow (Sunday 8th), so be ready with your guesses!

Please note that WMOB radio is totally self-funded so any contributions either directly to me or via tips are always welcome! haha! 

Ok, so how about another song before I start wrapping things up so I can get myself ready for it? Be right back folks!

(Adapted from The Eagles - Hotel California - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0G1Ucw5HDg)

On a dark desert highway, he dumps the body out
Rank smell of the deceased man, rising straight up his snout
Up ahead in the distance, he see's flashing blue lights
His head was heavy and his sight was dim
He had to sneak out into the night

There he stood in the doorway
Of his family's HQ
And he said to himself
"this job is heaven or it can be hell"
The he lit up a candle
To show him the way
There were voices down the corridor
He thought he heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel Philadelphia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel Philadelphia
Any time of year
You can find it here.

His mind is tiffany-twisted
He got the shiny new suits
He got a lot of pretty, pretty whores
He calls them his 'muse'
How he drinks in the public house
Sweet thirst is quenched
Some drink to remember
He drinks to forget!

So, he calls up the barkeep
"Please bring me some wine"
He said "We haven't had the spirit here, since... 1929"
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake him up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel Philadelphia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel Philadelphia
What a nice surprise
Bring your alibi's...

Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
He said "We are all just prisoners here, of the Godfather's device"
In the masters chambers
They gather for the feast
They stab it with their cutting-throats knives
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing he remembers,
He was... running for the door
He had to find the passage back
To the life he had before
"Relax" said the night guard
We are programmed to obey
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave...

Welcome back again folks!

That has given me enough time to prepare for my final segment where I'll be giving you a 'status update' of the current climate of our world from where I'm say. If there's anything you'd like in particular you'd like me to mention here next show, please feel free to mail me those questions and comments privately. I'm sure I can work something into the show!

Tense! Tense! Tense!

We see bodies strewn all over the six cities from the recent chaos originating in Chicago and there are still sons and daughters tending to the wouvds of losing their loved ones by venting their feels in publc. It seems to be creating an air of discontent among the general population but thankfully it isn't quelling the recent upturn in noise level on the streets. Mobsters can be seen 'soapboxing' from east to west coast! I'm particularly proud of my own district's efforts to bring a little more to the streets. There are obviously a lot more than just us trying nowadays, but it still warms me cockles to know that we're at the forefront of it. 

Strength in presence

It seems among the current set of powers that be, there are those trying to lead by example. Without sucking dick and naming names, it is fantastic to see some strong heads standing up for their beliefs. Long may it continue as I'm a huge believer in the notion that you can find out a lot about a person from how they speak in public. Especially if the subject at hand is a bit of a touchy one! There is a certain way the more confident speakers carry themselves and I urge anyone who is hesitant about showing their face on the streets to just take a lot of time listening. There are some sensible heads and creative minds coming out of the woodwork at the moment that can help you with your own doubts.

Overall, I'm pleased with the course our world is currently taking. It's a refreshing change to what my lineage has been used to in their recent history. Time will tell if it's the right path, but I'll certainly be throwing my weight behind it!

Well I'm afraid that's all I have time for today folks! I've been avoiding my daily round on the shooting range to finish up here, but I must go do it before I become slow and lazy! Don't want to get outdrawn if a situation should arise where speed and training is key!

Hope you enjoyed the show and until next time...

...adieu!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Alone in his small Downtown apartment, Vandlgat paces. His thoughts have turned to current events while the radio is blaring 'Hotel California', particularly the part where Don Henley talks about how they 'tried to stab the beast, but to no avail'.

As the song plays, his desire for alcohol grows ever more present inside of him. He grabs his cheap bottle of brandy he had stashed, and walks over to his 2nd floor window, taking gulps from the spicy tasting liquor. He watches as civilians and mobsters move about the streets outside his window.

Father_TeQ on the radio:"......seems to be creating an air of discontent among the general population but thankfully it isn't quelling the recent upturn in noise level on the streets. Mobsters can be seen 'soapboxing' from east to west coast! I'm particularly proud of my own district's efforts to bring a little more to the streets. There are obviously a lot more than just us trying nowadays, but it still warms me cockles to know that we're at the forefront of it...."

Vandlgat, listening to this man, begins to play back the events of the prior week in his mind. 

As Father_TeQ speaks on those, who choose not to show there faces, Vandlgat lights a cigarette..........

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod was sitting in the back of his office sipping a cup of whiskey with Marijuana next to his side. They were enjoying some drinks, looking through some ledgers and smoking some FIRE!!! When Azingy came in knocking on the door! He's on again! The Shows on...check it out! Blackwod turned his chair around turned on the radio to WMOB 69.69, it was time for show #2. Marijuana and Blackwod puffed! Puffed away some blunts listening to Teq. 

It really is sad how things have gone for Chicago of late. Blackwod turned to Marijuana and Azingy. Talk about fall from grace, one week your on top of the criminal empire. Next people get greedy, a GodFather dies, then another....domino just tumbles. And Barry came out and listed how the boulder was just in free fall after one point. But I guess thats what happens. One bad decision, then some lack of decisiveness and boom...one minute your on top of the boulder, another your under it. Well Rip to the fallen are fellow mafioso's. 

Show continued and topics about new auths and pre-requisites were touched. Hey, its the mob...were organized, rules gotta be followed. Then as the show continues Blackwod hears Teq give Marijuana a holler about his new FIRE disbursement. Blackwod turns around to Marijuana and gives him a long look! You blowing up brotha!!! You trying to corner the market or what!?!?! Blackwod laughed so loud, Majestyk entered the room pulling up a chair and taking part in the drinking/smoking. 

The break in the transmission gave way to some really neat melodies...it was soo catchy, Blackwod saw IllFated walk into his office unexpectedly singing "HOTEL Philadelphia" What are you doing here? Pull up a chair...grab a cup and a puff! We might as well start a poker night!!!

They all sat around the radio until the end of the transmission! Blackwod looked at IllFated. My boys are working it out there!!! Now where is that piece of business we were suppose to be discussing? Blackwod turned off the radio and went back to work. 

Report Post Tip

Marijuana puffed away constantly, he listens to the radio and what @LordBlackwod had to say. 

Yeah, Chicago was a well respected city. I would have to say, reading back in the notes written by my ancestors, this city always prospered. But with everything good, there is always some bad. It just happens the bad turned out to be play moves for power within just the city itself. If given some time again, I'm sure the city can eventually go back to what it once was. I have no doubt. 

Marijuana sips his cup and puts it on the table.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: WMOB 69.69FM show #2
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL