Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 20:15:48
Page:  1 
Ragnarok's Docks Started by: Curtis on Mar 09, '15 12:01

Shipping was a huge part of the New York operation. Almost all the imported goods from the east coast all the way into middle america came through the mighty port of New York. Since he returned to start rebuilding the city, Curtis had an increasing list of shipping companies and freight haulage firms to deal with. Every week, more goods both legal and illicit needed to be negotiated, imported and distributed. The workload with all of this had become almost unmanageable for him alone and so Curtis took a stroll along the harbor wall to clear his head.

He took in the sea air and looked out across the bay at the statue of liberty. He knew the time had come to assign the entire situation over to someone. It wasn't for him. These days his work was mostly diplomatic and as much as he enjoyed being hands on with his businesses, there were many families and people he needed to share his time with now. The colossal workload of the import, export management was simply too time consuming for him alone to manage.

He needed someone to establish a crew that was primarily concerned with the docks. There were many facets to the work there and it needed all elements of a mob firm to cope with them. Along with the financial rackets and all the trade arrangements, there were unions to cope with, non payments to be dealt with, skims to be made, books to be rigged and now and then, legs to be broken. Nothing got difficult workers back to on track faster than showing up to work in the morning to find their boss swinging by his neck from a crane over the water. Yes, Curtis needed a real family and a real all round mobster to take over the running of this.

Clear in his decision, he went back to his offices and started making calls. A union building down on the docks had been vacated and he ordered it fitted out to an uncommonly plush standard. He made several other calls to various importers who were all too happy to deliver fine furniture and fittings to the building. Finally he ordered his favorite mason to carve a customary stone to set above the door. When all the wheels were in motion he called Ragnarok.

"Rags, I need you to meet me down on dock seven in five days at eight in the evening. We have some very important issues that have to be addressed and I need you to help me sort it out."

'No problem boss, I'll be there.'

Curtis always liked that about Ragnarok. There was no bullshit or needless questions, he just got shit done. Exactly the kind of man this task required.

As the appointed time for Ragnarok's arrival drew near, Curtis ushered all the families and well wishers into the new building and got everyone to turn off the lights. He then got into a car and drove around the block so he could arrive on the sunset dock at the same time Ragnarok did. It worked a treat with both long black cars pulling up outside the old union building at the same time. Both men got out and gave each other a customary hug.

"Ragnarok, my friend. Since your arrival here in New York you have been nothing but a devoted servant and loyal upstanding mobster. Whenever I have needed you to do something, you have without question. Every task I have assigned you has been executed with brilliant precision and you have always maintained a dignified and respectful tone. Even when I have called you into question, you have accepted my wishes and respected my judgement. You have shown me clearly that this next step is for you and you alone.

I have needed to hand over the vast dock work of importing and exporting all our collective goods and traffic, to someone with your level of resolve and attention to detail. You will be taking control of the docks for me and in order to better place you to do that, I am making you the head of your own family."

Curtis took Ragnarok by the arm and turned him to face the building. As he did Ragnarok saw the lamp-lit stone above the grand brick doorway.

The Dock Workers

We do the dirty work

He put both hands on Ragnarok's shoulders before embracing him warmly. As he did he gave a signal and the whole building erupted into life, lights and music. People came flooding out of the door to congratulate Ragnarok while streamers and music filled the evening air.

"Congratulations my friend. You thoroughly deserve this honor and I am proud to have you stand as a leader along side us in this fine city!"

With that, he turned and took a bottle from a nearby crate, corking it and downing a healthy amount before grinning at the gathering.

"Now... Lets get pissed!"

Report Post Tip
When he first received the call, he was unsure of what to expect. During his time in New York, he had learned to never question Godfather Curtis. When he or one of his hands called, Ragnarok responded promptly, ready to take on whatever was tasked to him. The next few days that followed, Ragnarok had his best suit cleaned and pressed, new shoes purchased, and he spent a proper amount of time cleaning and oiling his pistols. 'You never could be too sure' was his motto

The evening arrived, he hailed a cab to a location near the docks. After paying the cabbie, he walked towards the docks, checking all the shadows and corners as he went. Never be to careful when heading into an unknown situation. Upon reaching the location, he saw Godfather Curtis's car pull up and stop in front of the location. He stepped out alone and smiled as he saw Ragnarok walk towards them. The two men shook hands then Godfather Curtis laided the good news on him. Estastic wasnt the word to describe the feelings he experienced as he turned and saw the name light up on the outside of the building. Moments later, friends, collegues, and family came strolling out to congratulate him on this joyous occassion.

I'm speechless ladies and gentlemen, I really am. This is an honor I never expected, nor sought out. I was always just trying to be the best solider for the family, and now I stand here before you, a Captain for Godfather Curtis. Accepting this role comes with much responsibility, dedication, and passion to succeed. I promise you all I shall do my very best to run the best family I can, and to teach and mold young associates into dedicated mafiasos. For now, I don't have all the words I should properly say, but I'm sure I will come to my better senses soon enough. Until that time, lets drink and party ladies and gents.

he reaches for a fresh bottle to start off the celebrations properly!
Report Post Tip

Guevara stood alone at the edge of the water. The salty mist was familiar on his lips; he'd only just left Brooklyn but it already felt like a lifetime ago. He took a deep drag on the dying embers of his cigar and flicked the stub into the harbour with his tongue. Blowing the smoke out of his mouth, he watched it billow and plume under the illumination of a gas-lamp and turned on his heel to return to the party. As he walked, he saw a silhouetted figure move towards him and from his gait immediately identified him as Ragnarok. Pulling the man into a fierce embrace, he kissed him on the cheek and congratulated him.

"I will never forget when we met. You were the first in the district to welcome me and introduce yourself; you are a friend now as then and your promotion delights me. Congratulations Don, brother. Curtis himself would tell you how much easier it was for me to accept leaving the district when I knew what the future held for you. Be friends to these dockworkers though, comrade. They may be rough and a little crude but they are proud men who exist under the yoke of tyranny - emancipate them and they could make you the richest man in New York!"

Report Post Tip

*Zeitgeist stood smiling at the back of the ever growing crowd, he was smiling because today had been a great day for the city. He thought about Ragnarok's lineage and the stories his father told of a great and loyal man and he thought to himself he couldn't imagine a better addition to New York. A man who shares many of the strict values and beliefs as our Godfather and a man who has worked extremely hard for this opportunity*

*Zeitgeist takes a long deep breath in looks over to Don Ragnarok above the crowd, nods his head in respect and says*

Congratulations Don Ragnarok, well deserved sir.

*Zeitgeist grabs his hat and heads back down the road to collect from one of his suppliers in the area, after all New York never sleeps, and neither does Zeitgeist*

Report Post Tip

Ragnarok my old friend, when good Batiatus was first laying down the foundation for what would become The House of Batiatus, your help was tremendous. If I can somehow help to return the favor, remember you will always have friends in Manhattan. I have sent Chris_Vaughn to fetch us some wine. Let us raise a glass to toast The Dock Workers.

Report Post Tip

All these guys kissing and talk of trannies... what? Seriously? Oh, right. its tyranny not tranny... well it was an honest mistake, and Chris still feels uncomfortable. I mean, Eddie Guevara and the fat dude from Lost Snogging? There isn't enough Alt/Ship sites on the interweb for anyone anywhere to wanna see that. Still, Ragnarok was his friend, and Guevara was his boss, so who was he to judge, and besides, it was the roaring 30s, guys had a right to be out and proud, after all, women even had the vote!

Ragnarok, you damn jabroni, the Rock would hug you if he hadn't just seen you kissing Guevara. Seriously dude, get a room, and not the one you have in the SmackDown hotel. Anyway, back to business, or pleasure... damn you have confused the Rock. Congratulations my friend. Your family is one I am always glad to see bold, and I only hope some day that I can be half the leader you are... the good half that is.

Chris laughs at his own joke, a sign of someone a bit dimwitted to be sure, but then as an ex wrestler he's probably had one too many chairshots in his career.

Anyway, this isn't a roast, but a congratulations, so just let the Rock say how proud he is to see you up here in yor new suit, fighting the good fight on behalf of Godfather Curtis and New York City.

Report Post Tip

Rory heard a commotion taking place down by the docks. Keeping low, hoping he wasn't about to get capped for intruding on someones drug deal, he peered through the fence of dock 7. He could see people celebrating and shaking Ragnarok's hand. Deciding it was safe to proceed, Rory stood up and straightened himself up, approaching the party he held his arms wide.

Congratulations Ragnarok, Our bloodlines have crossed paths many times before, not always in agreement but I have always respected them nonetheless. It is a proud day for New York indeed, first with the ascension of Mr Guevara and now with the grand news of your auth. 

I wish you all the best in your new role, a fine choice indeed. I know you'll do your city and Godfather Curtis proud. 

Report Post Tip

This is some of the best news I've heard lately. Truly pleased for you Ragnarok, a well deserved opportunity that you've been given here and I can't wait to see you build your own family here in New York. Like Rory said, our bloodlines too have crossed paths many times and from what I've been told your ancestors have always been a shining example to others and you have proved to be no different.

Salut my friend, I wish you well!

Report Post Tip

Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok

Its about freaking time my brother, ever since I step foot on these shores you have been one of the friends I can speak to freely and openly about anything really and you form your true opinions on things. I have watched your work and what you have brought to these Streets of ours and you are most deserving of this opportunity.

Our bloodlines have worked together for a long time and you are definitely a gem. I wish you the best but wishes always come true with you my friend.

Congratulations!

Report Post Tip

Another celebration to wet the whistle. Scarfo jumped out to surprise Ragnarok and almost toppled over. He was on his way to a massive hangover, yet he felt one more appearance wouldn't hurt on the two day bender. Liquor and some party drugs had him in a mixed mood. Sometimes he felt bulletproof, and other times he just wanted to smash something. For the most part though, he was enjoying himself.

"Congratulations good Ragnarok! New York does it again! I wish you much success and prosperity. Salute!"

And with that, Scarfo raised his hip flask into the air before taking a long gulp of Calvert's Whisky, forgetting it was a party and booze was most likely on hand.

Report Post Tip

Seems Reasonable! Ragnarok! Being bold? Ohhh, F*cking well deserve. Badfish approaches Ragna " Congrats man, Bigass gambler! LMAO "

Well done! Badfish passes ragna a little gift a whiskey " There you go man, A little celebration for you tonight and to all the Dock Workers " 

Good spread some good vibes! Cheers! *Bounceback!*

Report Post Tip

As Heroin is walking the streets of New York, he here's good news about a new friend of his. 

Ragnarok brother. Very excited to see what you bring to the better of some my friends in New York. Salute to you and your new bold suit sir. I am sure you will do great.

As Heroin raises a glass to Ragnarok.

Report Post Tip

As she walked out the door of the new headquarters, a smile came upon her face. Pandora knew her friend deserved this and had worked hard for his family to get this far. She considered herself lucky to have his friendship. After making her way through the crowd, she finally arrived in front of him, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm so proud of you, Rags. I know you will make us all proud and run a hell of a crew. You know where to find me if you need anything, darlin'."

Giving him a quick hug, Pandora departs and slips into the crowd once more, her mind set on finding a stiff drink.

Report Post Tip

Congrats to you sir. 

Report Post Tip

Its been a while since I have seen you in one of these. Partially cause well you weren't about and partially because I was gone, but its nice to see you in a bold suit bud. You did a spectacular job last time you were CL and I have absolutely no doubt that you will deliver again for the city of New York. 

I wish you the best of luck my friend as you start this journey on your endeavor. Must you need anything, you have a friend just south of the big apple, all you have to do is just ask. :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ragnarok's Docks
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL