Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 17:54:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Give us a clue son? Started by: Father_TeQ on Mar 09, '15 18:27
Making a speech an hour before you become a crew leader isn't a difficult thing and I think it should be done by all leaders. But, we all know this is no guarantee that some crazy with a gun isn't going to shoot at you the minute you you do.
Report Post Tip

Maybe the guy was fairly new around here and didn't know the proper protocol.  Who knows.  If it was me I wouldve made a speech beforehand and had it prepared before I moved.  I am sure his kind wont make the same mistake

Report Post Tip

Of course it isn't an guarantee that some asshole and or idiot is going to shoot you. That can happen randomly. But it would certainly decrease the chance that people think you're a rogue, and shoot you for it. You may still have some odd chance to die, but it will be decreased significantly if you let people know that you're setting up with a speech.

Report Post Tip

Enigma If you're referring to AbrahamLincoln, according to his goodbye speech, his bloodline had been around several years.

Report Post Tip

Ah I didnt see he gave a good bye speech.  Thank you for pointing that out

Report Post Tip

I understand that making a thread or a statement in the streets pre setting up is without a doubt a great idea. It does and more then likely will keep most guns holstered. Going out to LA though still is a risk in itself, you basically know going into it that there is a good chance you will meet your maker more then likely sooner then later. It was unfortunate that Abe was gunned down in mire moments of his pioneer establishment out to the wild west but this is something he had to have known was a possibility of happening. 

Report Post Tip
Obscure, what speech? Is there a link to it?
Report Post Tip

It's in that other place (OOC) that people make speeches sometimes WhySoSerious. :)

His bloodline was very experienced, therefore... just daft. As originally stated.

Report Post Tip
Once again, good and noble Batiatus sets tongue to task and speaks to the fucking masses in a manner both wise and relatable to everyone from the most prominent Godfathers to the low-born commoner scum beneath them. Hail Batiatus.

Our fortune in this world is often dictated by the Gods and their cocks. Sometimes the Gods will dangle them from the heavens to piss blessings upon our heads while other times, their cocks fire down upon us like spears, ramming hard into fucking ass. If we were to follow this analogy, it would appear the Gods spread the cheeks in the case of good AbrahamLincoln, may Jupiter rest his soul in the afterlife.

As was already explained in Godfather Curtis's LA discussion, AbrahamLincoln had been set up mere minutes before he was killed. Not a lot of time to get a speech out to the masses, pre-planned or otherwise. I wouldn't know if a speech was forthcoming or not, and of course none of you do either. To suggest it is the norm for a leader to frantically get to the streets with the haste of a mad cunt to deliver an announcement speech as if their life depended on it is absurd, as is the notion that any of you would have done the same yourself. In reality, it would have been put up at your earliest convenience. Or, maybe you would have. I don't know. Now I'm speculating.

Report Post Tip

As I've clearly stated Batiatus, I most definitely would have alerted the masses.

Why would there be the 'haste of a mad cunt'? Is going bold something you don't plan for? To suggest that this small token of effort is 'absurd' is absurd in itself. There is never any need to be frantic if you use a bit of common sense and plan what you're going to do before you do it. Granted... not all things can be thought out in advance, but going bold is most definitely something EVERYBODY should plan for.

I would guess that you did? And that the people who authed you had you in mind for a while? Was an auth thread put up before you setup? 

Given LA's circumstances, Abraham did not have those options so it was upto him to ensure he planned everything to give himself the best possible chance... and he failed. Miserably.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Give us a clue son?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL