Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:57:37
Page:  1 
Goku and Son Editing LLC Started by: Goku on Mar 12, '15 00:13

A young lad by the name of Atticus ran through the streets, waving flyers about and nearly pissing himself in excitement.

Here ye, here ye! Come have a gander at this exciting flyer here!

He turned around and ran face first into a telephone pole. After getting up and brushing himself off, Atticus nailed the poster onto the very same telephone pole and ran off again, his pants visibly wet.

Goku and Son Editing, LLC

Do you struggle with basic English?
Have difficulties with the simplest of punctuation?
Want to use bigger words and seem smarter?
Perhaps you're not from this part of the world?

HELP IS ON THE WAY!

Introducing: Goku and Sons Editing, LLC

Based out of Chicago, Illinois, our offices specialize in the proofreading and editing of your works.
Be it a speech, short story, business plan, or any other item of writing pertaining to our life, we can make sure it's right!

For a small fee, dependent on the size and current coffee level of the editor, we will read through and meticulously correct your piece of writing.
Prices will range from 2 to 10 credits.

All edited pieces come with an "Error Free Guarantee©" or your money back!

Please send all pieces to the mailbox indicated below, with the subject as "GSE request."

Son Goku
703 Saiyan Street
Chicago, IL

Your work will be handled on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to expedite this process, more funds will be required to push your request ahead of others.

Goku and Son, LLC is a registered trademark of the Super Saiyan Corporation. All rights reserved.
The company is not responsible for any content you put into the works yourself. We approve nor condone any obscene or disrespectful acts and/or words, and will not be held responsible for any outcomes and/or retaliations that may come from your words.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Guevara frantically patted at the pockets of his combat trousers with increasing intensity. Finally, able to extract his last cigar and jammed it immediately in his mouth. Taking a deep drag, he blew out the smoke in a deep, shuddering breath. There was still two hours left in the cigar so, pinching the end with wet fingers, he handed it over to one of his bodyguards who dropped it into a pocket. Still with his eyes fixed on this bodyguard, his driver, Guevara spoke.

"You hear this guy? Fucking chucho. He speaks of people like they are idiots. Like because they don't speak English they must be fools.

Che raised a hand, with the palm facing his chest, and brushed his fingers aggressively along the underside of his beard, spitting on the floor as he did so.

"Disgusting! These imperialist pigs assume because they raped and pillages others that their language is superior? That if you don't speak English you must be animales?! Fuck them, fuck them all! I will bury these colonialist octoupuses!"

Taken aback, Guevara's driver placed his hands on his Boss's shoulders. He spent all day, every with the man and was afforded a degree of physical contact few other men were allowed.

"Tranquilo, mi Jefe! From the day I worked for you, you tell me that ends justify means - is this not what you speak about? We have a privileged man offer to extend his education to the most vulnerable in society. This is something you yourself would do!"

"For a profit?!"

"...Maybe the ends justify the means, mi Jefe."

Che dismissed his driver with a wave of the hand so he could think through his thoughts. He rummaged through his pockets and pulled a notepad from his left breast pocket and a pen from a right shoulder pocket; recording his thoughts in writing always helped him to arrive at the correct answer.

Was the man exploiting the most vulnerable in society? Absolutely; but if Guevara acted upon every instance that that happened he would a more prolific killer than Ghenghis Khan. Perhaps the only difference here was that Goku's proposal so public. Perhaps his driver, Ignacio, was correct. Short term suffering that resulted in long term emancipation was a righteous sacrifice; if a small element of society were exploited to the ensure a more universal access to education, perhaps that too was a righteous sacrifice. Making up his mind, Che made his way over to Ted with a hand outstretched.

"Ted, mi amigo. Initially, I could not claim to be overjoyed with this venture which I interpreted as crass and exploitative. However, the majority of our profits are generated through a manner which is crass and exploitative; whilst I would wish to denounce this, I would not doubt be in a minority. So I pondered further, and I arrived at a a different conclusion."

"I would not for one second imagine that you are in this business for universal literacy, nor to ensure that everyone is able to articulate their own argument with skill and aplomb. No, never. You are in this for profit. Nevertheless, you have found an avenue for generating income which simultaneously empowers the workers. For that alone, I must respect you. For that alone I must support you, regardless of the mechanisms which allow your policy to unfold in the real world."

Report Post Tip

All throughout the streets Goku saw the posters he had asked young Atticus to hang about the city. He was proud of the boy; most days it was difficult to stop him from licking the windows in his bedroom. With a smile to himself, Goku made his way over to one of the posters and looked over his own handiwork. It was ingenious to him, really.

Just then, a man Goku knew only by looks and reputation came up to him and had a word. He was sharp, and to the point, something Goku usually took to mean this was someone who couldn't be conned, or tricked.

"As I am sure you know, amigo, nothing in this world is free. Would I like to see the entire country educated and therefore better off? Of course! But I am not a stiff, I am not an English teacher with a shitty salary and a failing marriage. I wish to help people who want to be helped. But I am a busy man, and time is money in this world."

Report Post Tip

DeadlySin picks up the flier and takes a look. After reading through it he decides that he certainly respects the idea and the thinking behind this, even if it was clearly more about profit than helping people in general as evidenced by the high price potential. However he could never take a company seriously about editing and proof reading when they themselves made an error on their own advertisement. Everyone knows the phrase is 'first come, first served'. He puts the flier back and circles the word in red pen, then walks away smiling to himself.

Report Post Tip

It's about time someone did this again to be honest. 

There are many more ways to make more in this world that the ways we do every single day of the week. Well done Goku for being creative enough to think of another way to bring home the bacon. I've thought about this myself but time is an issue for me currently, so I've been unable to do it. 

Best of luck with your new venture Goku.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Goku and Son Editing LLC
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL