Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:13:43
Page:  1 
Friends, Mobsters, countrymen, women, lend me your ears Started by: LottieLottieDah on Mar 12, '15 05:17

Lottie could feel herself getting all worked up in a tizzy as she climbed up on the soapbox down on the square.

Come in here closer everybody," she shouted out to the crowd. "I've got something important to say."

With her eyes peering sharply out into the gathering crowd, Lottie took a deep breath and started to speak in as big a voice as she could muster.

"Men, you have always had the right to vote. It's always been a part of your birthright. We women had to fight for it. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of women like Susan B. Anthony and Lucy Burns, you guys aren't the only ones who can vote now. With that being said, let me ask you this. Everybody...men and women...and you know who you are...why aren't you voting? Can anybody here give me one valid reason not to cast a vote at every opportunity?"

Lottie paused long enough to take another deep breath.

"Surely you can take 2 minutes out of your busy schedules and go VOTE!"

Lottie took her dainty hanky from her purse and patted the tiny beads of perspiration from her brow.

"It's not only your privilege and your right to vote... it's your duty! You owe it to yourself...to your families...to our cities...and to this thing that we do."

Quite pleased with the crowd's attention and reception of her pleading, Lottie smiled and waved her hanky at the large gathering as she stepped down from the soapbox. Voices in the crowd started a rhythmic chant...GO VOTE GO VOTE GO VOTE!

Report Post Tip

Reggie was riding on his Harley Davidson Fatboy2002 when he saw a small crowd, wondering what it was about he slowed down and rode over to them as he got closer he could see LLottie, so he got turned off his engine and sat on his bile listening to what Lottie has to say, after she finished Reggie saw her wipe her face with her hanky, he walks over to a flower stall and whispers to the nice gentlmen at the stall "make sure Lottiegets tthese flowers and the note attached with it" which the note says TO LOTTIE, LOVELY SPEECH,

Reggie then walks back to his bike gets oon, turns the engine on and revs the bike a few times and rides off down the road doing 70mph with the flag flapping about behind him and on the flag it says DEVILS TRIBESMEN MC.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Men have always had the right to vote? Hardly. Only 50 years ago in 1870 were our African American brothers given the right to vote. It took another nine years for this nation to even recognise the indigenous Americans as people and to extend voting rights accordingly. Even then, these corrupt and wretched United States refused to acknowledge these Americans as true citizens unless they gave up their affiliation to a tribe that has existed much longer than this morally bankrupt nation has. Only a couple of years ago was this disgusting policy finished for good - that is not to say these tribal Americans still do not suffer unspeakable discrimination - they do.

I won't even begin to speak of the fact that property ownership as a requirement to vote disenfranchised large swathes of these population to exercise their 'democratic' right, neither the religious and literacy tests designed by the bourgeoisie to oppress the worker.

You want a reason not to vote? Democracy is a sham, a western invention that enjoyed it's rise along with the naturally exploitative capitalist structure. It is a thin veneer to cover a broken system of rape, pillage and inequality. It only exists as a tool of control and oppression; Marx spoke of religion as the opium of the masses and as soon as the workers began to realise this, the notion of religion was replaced with the notion of democracy - both equally false and so clearly unworkable. Democracy is the wool over your eyes. Voting is an exercise is continuing your own oppression and robbing yourself of your natural right to equality, freedom and emancipation.

There can be no reformation, only revolution. Only revolutionary acts will see us transition into a society that actually delivers the parity that democracy so clearly steals away from us.

Lottie listened intently to the much respected Don Guevara deliver his thoughts on oppression and the illusions of democracy. She thought him to be an excellent speaker as he made his point.

"Mercy me," she thought as her hands worried her now damp and twisted hanky. "The Don gives me credit for a wider vision that I don't have. I've never heard of this Marx. I was just thinking of the strong financial impact that voting in our cities has on the economy for all of us who live in these cities and do this thing we do."

Suddenly she felt a tap on her arm. Lottie looked down to see the upturned face of a young boy holding a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers.

"Oh...For me?"

He nodded and grinned shyly as Lottie took the flowers and pressed a few coins into his hand.

"How lovely!" she thought as she admired their beauty and sweet fragrance. The kind words on the card instantly restored her smile.

Report Post Tip

Made women Lottie, that was what immediately flickered through Scarfo's intoxicated mind whilst catching a glimpse of LottieLottieDah in the square, remembering back to the recent ceremony and where his latest drinking binge started. She seemed enthused and the chanting of the crowd after the speech gave the impression so did those in attendance. Inspired from her speech, and advocates for voting, Scarfo saw a great opportunity to get amongst it and maybe make a dollar or two.

Still a little groggy, and very much on his way home, Scarfo had a case of Hennessy still left. He had recently lost a friend and found a few more in South Philly, and both occasions called for a drink or two. And as it just so happened, he'd now been celebrating quite heavily for days. The cases were leftovers from a recent delivery run gone sour, and he had an idea to mix voting with a rowdy crowd... Liquor.

Maybe his personal drunken idea was to start a riot and let off a little steam, never the less, he wanted to do away with the last case of liquor before he made it home to South Philly. Having carried the case into the square, and with the little gathering all in high spirits, he stood atop the wooden crate and spoke as best he could from his tired and sloshed state.

"Voting. Why vote? Why not vote? These are both important questions that have only one answer. Liquor! We vote to be able to drink, and we drink so we have the nerve to vote. This makes much more sense though, if you were hammed. So..."

Scarfo dropped off the box, his rugged white dirty shirt open and untucked, his hair messy and face unshaven. Who knew if he even knew what he was doing, and the strong smell of liquor about him let you know he was in need of a bath. He clumsily kicked off the lid of the half full crate, removed two bottles of Hennessy, then began moving amongst the crowd.

"Voting only makes sense with a drink. Fifteen dollars a bottle! Come on, let's get voting!"

By this point he was quite wasted. His words slurred a little and at times he would be swaying, as he tried to entice the crowd to have a drink with him.

After listening to Lottie's speech, he decided that he would give voting a shot, after all, what could it hurt? He walked over to one of the many booths which lined the voting hall and stepped cautiously inside, closing a small what looked to be shower curtain behind him. Once safely within the confines of the room, he took a look down at what he figured would be nothing more than a few boxes on a simple piece of paper to check mark quickly and without thinking, but no. Not at all. It was something much more grotesque than that.

"Welcome to fun voting! We're here for all of your fun voting needs! Please pick the woman's head!"

About eight heads lay on a single table, seven of them men, and one clearly a woman. He wasn't entirely sure if they were real or not, so he gave one a rather hard poke -- and at that moment, he was given his answer when one of the eyes rolled out of the head and fell directly onto the ground, giving off a feint squishing sound. 

"Sorry, that was not the woman! Please try again."

He quickly grabbed the ladies head and threw her into the designated basket, he didn't want to touch nearly rotted heads this early in the day, but what's done is done. Some confetti shot out of a tiny hole directly behind the rotting faces, and the curtain swung back open allowing for Ted to continue on with his day.

"Congratulations! You did it! Thank you for voting!"

He wouldn't be attempting that one again any time soon...

Report Post Tip

After vacationing in the Caribbean for a few days, Vandlgat was well rested and prepared to carry out his evil deeds. He walks through the streets, completely sober, and sweating profusely. 

Vandlgat hears LottieLottieDah speak of voting rights.

He expresses his opinion.

"I'm glad that every single individual regardless now has the right vote. But it is my belief that it truly does not matter 'who' you're voting for, its the same guy behind the scenes. We pay the government taxes, so they can use it to imprison us."

Vandlgat steps away allowing for more ideas to be heard....

Report Post Tip

Lottie fucking Dah!!! I like it. And I feel like this is about to be some what OOC. But I think you did a good job to highlight why we should vote and get out there. From my angle to be honest, its up to everyone to make up their minds to choose to vote or not. I mean I work in the mob, we don't believe in democracy, atleast not on the smaller level. The GodFather council might vote on things, but the little guys just follow the orders of the hierarchy...its what our business is built on. 

But our business is also built on making money, expansion and thats where I feel the voting comes into play the most. You kinda have to look at the bigger picture when talking about voting. I know for the longest of times it was weird, when the population was unhappy with the God's...they didn't vote. And I am sure those people had their own opinions why they didn't. But if your not an atheist and believe in this thing of ours, I don't see any reason for the populous to not vote. As I said think about the bigger picture...it brings more mobsters into our way of life, it expands our business far and wide. AND it keeps our boss's happy cause they get paid. Granted the scum of a Mayor takes a %, but money is money...and I am sure my boss will take any thing she can get. Well almost anything!!! ;)

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Friends, Mobsters, countrymen, women, lend me your ears
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL