Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 19:41:50
Page:  1 
Stepping Up Started by: Albino on Mar 12, '15 12:05

It was finally here. Albino wasn't sure if he had been looking forward to it or dreading it - but now it had arrived, he was ready. He stood in front of the mirror fixing his collar and straightening his tie. Pausing and staring into his own eyes, he knew today was the beginning of something proper. His chance to finally start proving his worth. With that thought, he marched out of the door towards his future.

The plan was to meet at the local coffee shop at 5 - Albino was there at 4. His stomach was spinning but he bought a coffee just to blend in and sat in the window looking out at the new world around him. Albino hadn't been in town long. Originally from England, he was still struggling to understand the accent, let alone the crazy rules of the road. During the short time he had spent in town, he'd made acquaintances pretty quick. At first, he thought he'd found

himself in some two-bit gang, but it turns out these were a different class of criminals. They were mobsters. They didn't just sling a bit of crack and mug people. They lived and breathed the criminal world. From drug dealing and bank heists to prostitution and murder. They had their grubby fingers in every pie in Philadelphia. At first, Albino was just running parcels around and mugging old grannies. Then they started opening up the boundaries, tipping him off about shops and post offices to fuck over. Now though, he'd been asked to really introduce his potential talent properly.

Albino had been approached quite recently by a well-known man of South Philadelphia. Everyone knew him as Scarfo but he was yet to learn his real name. Scarfo had been setting Albino up with the little jobs, testing how tough the new kid in town was. He knew he was impressing when he was pulled aside and asked to ride shotgun on Scarfo's next job. He didn't know what it was, but he knew this was his time to shine. He wasn't just knocking out coke and smashing up cars for money. He was doing it for respect. Whether this job had a big cash payout or not, all Albino wanted to do was gain respect and prove he had a gigantic set of balls.

"Don't dress like a prick. Don't be late. Carl's Coffees, 5PM. Don't let me down, kid." was all he was told.

Report Post Tip

Twenty-five-to-five. The pocket watch showed what position the sun was holding it's own in the Philadelphia sky. Just like those in the world of mobsters and gangsters, the sun did what the fuck it wanted, although to it's own systematic rhythm. Scarfo also had a system, and as he flicked closed and slipped the gold tinted pocket watch into a small pocket in his navy blue vest, the sun's glare off the car window had him squint and pull his head back. He repositioned his head, then looked out at the surrounding neighbourhood as the car engine ticked over and pulled away from the curb.

Quarter-to-five. The car was still rolling through the streets of Philadelphia with Scarfo riding shotgun. The neighbourhood of South Philly was flourishing, as was that of Old City District and Bella Vista. Scarfo's driver had the task of making his way through the streets so his employer could take in the sights and keep an eye on the happenings. At least, that was part of it. Along the way they made a quick stop, pulling up and across the road from a barbershop on the north side of town. The car sat idle for all but thirty seconds before the driver was instructed to roll on, and directly to their next destination.

Five-to-five. It had been a good tour of Philadelphia. They took in the sights of the different districts, something Scarfo told himself he would start doing more of. He enjoyed the recent influx of immigrants to all parts of Philly, not just the Southern district. Russians, Jews, Italians, Chinese, the Irish, they all had a place and the continual overseas dream seekers all added to the diversity, as well as the crime. They all carved themselves a little slice out of the greater city, and for the most part kept the peace and money flowing. These days though, peace wasn't a common topic. The car stopped directly outside a coffee shop. Scarfo sat in the vehicle a moment, watching Albino through the window.

Five o'clock. It had been a few minutes since Scarfo's black Ford Model A parked outside the coffee shop. Scarfo wanted to watch the young worker to see how Albino handled himself when he was alone, with his own thoughts and feelings. Scarfo kept a close eye on him, watching his body language for signs of his character. The driver announced it was now five o'clock. Scarfo nodded, fixed his tie and exited the vehicle. He dressed in a black suit and fedora with a navy blue tie and matching vest, which were both straightened before he walked into Carl's Coffees.

The place had a little activity, as some locals went about their casual daily affairs. Scarfo nodded to the man at the counter, who gave a stern nod back. After scouting the immediate environment, Scarfo casually made his way over to the window where Albino was seated and welcomed himself, pulling out a chair and joining one of the many new associates in the Family. Scarfo looked Albino over for a moment, then opened the conversation.

"So, tell me your story. I want to know more about you, and why you got into working for us. I want to know what it is that motivates you, and why I can trust you."

Scarfo relaxed into the chair, unbuttoned his suit jacket and looked directly at Albino making strong eye contact, waiting, ever watchful of how the mans spirit spoke through his body. 

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod had a knack for being in the right place at the right time. He was having a cup of coffee at Carl's coffee shop when he overheard a man he knew from South Philly. He looked down on his cup, finished his cup of coffee, stood up, put on his suit jacket and hat and wondered over to this gentleman sitting at a table a little further from his. He saw a mobster sitting across from this well dressed mobster. The kid look young and willing. You could see the anxious from his poster and the drive in his eyes...this kid wanted this life. You could see it! Anyone could see it. Not the type to intrude other peoples business, Blackwod tapped Scarfo's shoulder when he turns around to see Blackwod unexpectedly. 

Hey bud, hows it going? I was just sitting across the hall having some coffee when I heard you come in here. Over heard you speaking to this gentleman over here. Don't wanna intrude in your meeting. Just wanted to say hey! 

Blackwod removes his hat and gives Scarfo a handshake. Scarfo points to a chair next to him as BlackWod takes a seat as Scarfo continues his conversation with the young Albino

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Staring into his coffee, eagerly awaiting Scarfo’s arrival, Albino’s head spun toward the door every time the bell above rung upon an entrance. This time, it was Scarfo himself. As he entered the coffee shop, Scarfo traded nods with another gentlemen - you could see the amount of respect between them in that one small nod. That’s what Albino craved, that unconditional respect. The greetings were very short, this wasn’t a social call, Scarfo meant business. As he sat down, he asked - no, not asked.. he demanded answers to his thoughts. Albino watched upon Scarfo as he relaxed back in his chair. Just as Albino had begun to muster up a response, another gentleman came along. Being invited to the conversation, the man known as LordBlackwod takes a seat beside him and waits for the conversation to play out.

Pausing, Albino felt the pressure increase and pile on his average-built shoulders. He stopped as his thoughts spiraled for what felt like an eternity. He knew the next line to come out of his mouth was an important one - and not only did he have to impress a man he had some rapport with, but now there was a completely new face at the table, calculating his future responses. Albino came to a 'do-or-die' moment in his thoughts - Fuck it, last week he was sleeping in an alleyway, mugging the rich bastards outside the train station for pocket watches. Now, he’s wearing a suit and making moves. He was obviously doing something right, so he decided to go with the natural flow. Clearing his throat, Albino began his off-the-cuff speech,

“Well, last week I was a nobody. Now I feel like a somebody. I don’t mean I feel dangerous or big - I mean appreciated.”

Albino was shocked at how well he had started. He didn’t even know these words passed his thoughts, let alone came from his mouth.

“I’m from England, but that’s not my home. I didn’t have anything there to make it home. No family, no real friends to speak of. Closest thing I had to a friend was the junkies buying whatever gear I could steal off the piss-weak dealers.”

Albino didn’t consider himself a common thief or a thug. He did what he’s always done - what he had to do. But since arriving here in Philadelphia, he’d actually found joy in the life of crime. Like a junkie on the crackpipe, his addiction spiralled and he knew he needed more.

“I think I’ve found home. Sure, you all have some crazy accents,” Albino’s soft chuckle quickly halted as he was alone in the amusement, “but you’ve made me feel welcome”.

Albino paused and gathered together the last of his thoughts, “I’m gonna level with you both”, Albino turns his head, looking at both Scarfo and Blackwod as he speaks, “I’m not gonna lie. I was nervous about today. No.. Let me tell the truth here.. I was shitting myself. This is all new to me. To finally have people seeing potential in me, is something I cannot fathom. I’ve done some dangerous and nasty things in my time but they never had reasoning. Being approached by you gave me direction - and that’s why I was nervous. For the first time ever, I have something to lose. My chance at having a Family”.

Albino finished speaking. The shaking of his hands had well and truly ceased. He took a long breath and a sip from his coffee. Halfway through his attempt at a speech, he had clocked eye contact with Scarfo and remained it. Up until this moment, he didn’t do feelings. Very much a secretive and inward man, Albino was unsure of what brought him to finally releasing an atomic bomb of emotion, but he knew it proved one thing - this mattered to him.

Report Post Tip
Sitting in the high chair going over the local paper while the eager gentlemen violently shines his leather shoes. Killa observed his surroundings making sure he didn't have to use the Colt M1911A1 attached to his body like one of his organs. It was no way he was going to get off guard again. Puffing on his cigar, Killa couldn't help but notice how beautiful the day was. It was a good day to die he imagined.

"All done"

Killa got up and gave the man a 50 dollar bill. It wasn't unusual for a wealthy mobster to tip a guy shining his shoes big, actually guys made a living doing it. He checked his pocket watch and seen it was a little pass 5. He wanted to pass by Carl's Coffee Shop where Scarfo was suppose to meet with Albino and kinda keep any eye on things.

"Keep the change"

Killa folded up the daily paper and began walking towards the Coffee shop. He was a couple blocks away and decided after his accident walking wasn't a bad idea. Dressed in a wide lapelled suit with a striped necktie and a black fedora to match, covering his pressed jet black hair,.Killa looked like the mayor walking through the streets of Philadelphia. While passing some folks would speak and kids would surround him as he gave out dollar bills. Only stroking his ego.

"Mr. Cam.....Mr. Cam...."

He proceeded to the coffee shop, checking his surroundings once more before entering. He seen Al, Sacrfo, and a gentleman who he soon was to meet by the name LordBlackwod. He made eye contact with the gentlemen, nodded his head while touching the front tip of his fedora. He made his way to the bar and ordered coffee black....
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stepping Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL