Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 22:44:14
Page:  1 
Stepping Down Started by: Reggie_Kray on Mar 13, '15 15:12
Reggie stands on the seat of his Harley Davidson 1920 and lights up a cigar inhales and slowly exhales the smoke and then begins to speak,

"I have come here today to tell you all I'm stepping down as LHM of Devils Tribesmen and the reason why"
Reggie takes another puff of his cigar and speaks again,
"The reason why I'm stepping down is because I feel as tho I'm not qualified or experienced in leadership skills, maybe if I take notice and close watch on Leaders and see how they perform and take note then maybe I'll learn from my mistakes and be a better Hand in time,this is a good gang and I enjoy it but I'd rather see someone much experienced to take my position till I am ready"

Reggie then jumps down from his bike and turns the ignition and revs up the bike whilst finishing off the last few puffs on the cigar before flicking it into a hole in theground,
Report Post Tip
This is the first stepping down speech i have heard from a left hand.
Well done though, it was a spectacular speech. Gripping in fact.
The tension, the suspense. Totally enthralling. I cried.
Thank you, thank you sir!!!
Report Post Tip

Indeed, this is a first time to me as well. No surprise you're stepping down, but at least we know it's going to happen (soon?) now.

Report Post Tip

Oh, I do wholeheartedly show my support for showing your initiative to watch other leaders (and perhaps hands?). I'll hope you will someday look at yourself and say: ''I'm ready.''

Report Post Tip
This is another act of bringing negative attention towards yourself. Some discussions are better kept behind closed doors.
Report Post Tip

I wouldn't consider this negative attention. The man has come to his own decision and decided he'd voice it to the community at large. I for one respect the person whom can admit they aren't experienced enough to be in a leadership position. 

I think his choice to step down and take some time to learn isn't something that should be condemned but instead something that can be viewed as a selfless act to further his family and city. 

Report Post Tip
I still find his decision to make a public announcement, alongside divulging his personal reasons for stepping down (from his position of LH, no less) with the masses to be ill-judged. Adjustments are often made to the hierarchy of Families and discussed within their personal headquarters – not out in the open. It reeks of unprofessionalism and immaturity. My opinion on Crew Leaders stepping down differs.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
This would be a prime time for his former boss, WhySoSerious to stand up and address the issue at hand. We have witnessed much from this crew over the past day, but nothing from the leader. Stand up and be heard! Don't be a bold suit sitting in silence.
Report Post Tip

What we have here is a lesser experienced member of our society, who tried to do what he considered to be right. Whilst it may not be the commonly done thing to announce this sort of thing to the streets, I find it disconcerting that people have come here to criticise him. 

And people wonder why the younger blood and the less experienced venture to our streets. It's no fun with the vultures waiting.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I think both sides have made valid points. It's refreshing to see someone step up into an upper structure position, but on their own accord have decided that it isn't their time and have decided to take a step back and learn how to become more effective in this position of power. I hope we see your bloodline around again Reggie_Kray, and when you're ready, get the chance to show what you can do at a better time. 

However, I do agree that this could've stayed behind closed doors within the HQ itself, and this might have changed the outcome of Reggie_Kray's life and he could still be standing here today with us all. A note from WhoSoSerious would be a good touch to the masses, I very much agree Ragnarok

Report Post Tip

Agreed possibly not the best place to come to the streets to announce this but I do respect the fact he realized at this time responsibility of being a hand was too much for him to handle. It probably would have been better dealing with this internally instead of publicly. I will say though without mistakes there is no progress.

Report Post Tip
I cannot help but to wonder is Reggie underestimatimating his ability to be the LHM of his leader. It is apparent his leader had the trust and confidence in Reggie.

Experience comes in many ways. Nobody is perfect. You won't get the experience if you don't work it Reggie.
Report Post Tip
I see nothing wrong with my criticism. We have all been dealt the same hand, right? Everybody has been dealt blows and had to dust themselves down, time and time again. Should there be exceptions now? There is plenty of room for everybody’s voices. I certainly have no interest in mollycoddling anybody. I was dragged up: battered, bruised and broken – but now I’m a better mobster for it.
Report Post Tip

Although I had spoken with Reggie, I wouldn't say I really knew him. But I like what he showed. Bravery and enthusiasm to go to LA and take up a position with responsibility. Next having the honesty to recognise he's to inexperienced and not ready for it. His decision to bring it out here and suicide shows he was right. He had a long way to go, but with the right help he would've gotten there. No fake personality, no keeping up appearances.

Although the end of his story is a sad one, he showed to possess a lot of characteristics a lot of people in this world could use.

RIP Reggie.

Report Post Tip

Well done Reggie for falling on your sword.

There was doubt in your abilities and therefore, your family. So to try and make sure it doesn't go any further you took your own life. Regardless of my personal opinion of you, I have to give credit where credit is due. I hope your son finds this world and he goes on to make you proud of your sacrifice.

Death before dishonour. Kudos.

tips hat

Report Post Tip
Like many others here, I'm here to say well done Reggie! You have taken the honorable way out when you believed you were not fit for a role, a truly honorable decision. Maybe your leader out you as a hand as he believed you were ready, sadly you thought differently. I'm sure you would've done fine with your position. Your son, should and will be proud of you for your actions today. Kudos my friend, and rest in peace.
Report Post Tip
The reason I put Reggie as my LHM, was because he shown balls in coming out to LA with me, and I wanted him to "learn on the job" as it may.
He did this without consulting me, if he had, I could have just made him a regular Patch Member.
Report Post Tip

All respect to Reggie. He was a great man.

Report Post Tip

This situation is very rare indeed, but i have some respect for Reggie to come out and admitting that he did not think he was not right or ready for the job title that he had being a Left Hand, but sometimes learning on the job can provide an insight into what is required that those who do not have that opportunity are unable to see. Plus it takes alot of guts for a person to admit that they are not ready.

A very sad outcome however that he had decided to retire, however i do believe that he should have talked to his Crew Leader about this situation and I do agree with others, that out here was probably not the best place to state this but it was nice of him to do so.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stepping Down
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL