Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 21:26:52
Page:  1 
pffft, can't be assed with a subject. Started by: Chris_Vaughn on Mar 13, '15 18:29

Chris wonders into the street, a wry look of bemusement clouding his handsome countenance. A few things he had heard over the last few days had irked him somewhat, and although not one to seek the advice of others, this was something that Chris had decided to bring to the streets.

Finally... The Rock... has returned... to public speaking. That's right, The People's Champ has come to adress the millions and millions of the Rock's fans. You see, there is something that is bothering the Rock, something that doesn't sit right with the Rock, something that doesn't sit right in the same way that Barry's 33lb head doesn't sit right on his shoulders. You see the Rock has been hanging out in the coffee shops, been praying in the Divine churches down on Suggestion Avenue, and in some cases, the Rock has been smacking the taste outta the mouths of jabronis on these very streets, and what the Rock has head has distressed him. People are apathetic. No, not everyone, but a lot are. They listen to speeches, and overhear the prayers of the faithful that the Gods will intercede and change things for the better. In many cases, they agree with the person they are listening too... but then, but then they wander off. No input, no support, nothing.

Why is this? What is to be gained by this apathy? Support the opinion or viewpoint of someone, and then wandering away because you are 'to lazy' or 'can't be bothered' to voice your support? The Rock has gone on record to admit that he loves to talk trash, the Rock loves the sound of his own voice, but it would be a pretty piss poor world if the only voice the Rock ever heard was his own electrifying timbre. Why would a mademan or Right Hand listen to a fellow crew member talk and think to themselves, gee, that's a great point, or that's a fantastic idea, think i better keep my support to myself though? The Rock just doesn't understand this can't be fucked attitude.

Report Post Tip

Apathy is death.

But jokes aside, I can certainly understand if someone doesn't want to show his support ​publicly, but that doesn't say this support isn't given in private. As long as the person receiving the support get's some sort of positive boost from it.

Now, I understand that a public gesture of support by a leader or a hand is of course preferable above support whispered in private, and of course above silence. A right hand should, I think, be there to support his comrades on the streets, but I only see it as some sort of requirement if the hand in question is really active on the streets himself. Support from a hand is one thing, support from a respected individual (hand) is quite another. 

But a Made Man is to me just a Made Man, another person like me. If I do not know him, does his support mean anything special? Perhaps it does. I would certainly value it, but I can also understand it if he prefers to be silent.

Sometimes I come across a discussion/speech I am interested in, but the situation is not the best for me to present my opinion (and possibly show my support). And sometimes, I just can't be fucked, either because:

• The original speech just isn't interesting enough or long enough for me to properly assess the subject and answer any potential questions.
  • I can't think of anything useful to say.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

An interesting response to say the least Goto, however, in the situations of which I speak, the person involved more or less publicly stated that they couldn't be bothered responding, despite agreeing with the statement. More worrying to me is people praying in Suggestion Avenue, where support is needed for your prayers to be answered. If people don't band together to pray for change, then the God's will not make it happen. I've lost track of the times I've been praying and someone has leaned over and told me it was a beautiful prayer, but refused to publicly join me in praise and worship.

Report Post Tip

Still legit to me. Some might call it lazy or even insulting, but I would possibly be slightly annoyed and then would just forget about it. If they don't want to support you; is their support worth it? If they do speak a few simple lines, does it help? Sometimes, a good prayer works for itself, and the Gods will hear it regardless of others complimenting you and praying with you. Perhaps if the prayer was simple enough for others to join in, they should and if they don't they're just lazy, or they feel like others have already performed their task.  And sometimes the prayer is too long and complicated for a simple prayer by a bystander, or at least that is how I feel.

Sometimes I am guilty of whispering: ''What a good idea.'' to someone without publicly supporting it. Doesn't seem wrong to me.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Matches_Malone had been out wandering the streets, doing as he normally did, silently listening to street speakers speak their speeches and the discusser of issues doing their discussing. That was until he came across the crowd gathering around Don Vaughn. Don Vaugh was a powerful speaker, his words always sent shivers down Matches_Malones spine, not wanting to miss a word Matches began to push his way to the front of the crowd. 

Matches was only inches a way from the front when Don Vaughn began to speak. As he herd the words Matches found him self in a deep agreement with what the man was saying, so much so that Matches could hardly think. A mix of confusion and euphoria washed over Matches and he found himself unable to move or even talk. Matches just stood there, slack jawed, staring blankly at nothing.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: pffft, can't be assed with a subject.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL