Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 20:21:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
WhySoSerious Started by: BlackBlack on Mar 13, '15 21:48

LA is set up to be  controversial and the original thread even asks people to take risks and be entrepreneurial.

I took a risk in being ultra aggressive and vindictive against my enemies. Turns out that that action seems as though it has not done wonders for my persona.

Report Post Tip
Pretty sure that the purpose of the LA initiative isn't to be controversial. I thought it was a legit attempt to build something at least having the appeared of a city with organized crime. Entrepreneurial, sure. I might be mistaken though, but if LA was set up to ne controversial then I have serious doubts about the usefulness of this project.
Report Post Tip

Im sure it will shape into a decent city. It is only very young and disagreements are always bound to happen early.

Report Post Tip

That was my point TyrionLannister..I made no reference to his presently abhorrent behavior..

Report Post Tip

BlackBlack it certainly does have a potential, and certainly there will be arguements and a fight for power, this is expected under a new idea.  However as you've seen on the Streets is that people don't really like the whole idea of, frankly, bragging.  Regardless of whether you were in the right - and from the little I know you were certainly in your right to defend yourself.  Even when there are mass wars there isn't individual meetings (OOC: threads) for each fallen leader, and should people feel there is a hint of being to promote the war people pounce on that, but generally there is a whole 'war & peace' length section about why it was necessary. 

I do wish you luck in LA but I do not think your announcements are the best way to go about promoting LA, bringing people to the city, or showing people that it has any prospect of stablility in this short term.

Report Post Tip

To be clear. I had no intention of promising stability.

Report Post Tip

So what, you're just there as a war lord?

Report Post Tip

In reality, its just a smaller more rapid version of the outside. Conflicts arise like this all the time. Just the loss in the outside is far greater so the build up is also greater.

I will not promote peace. I will fight for what I believe in and fight to protect my members.

Report Post Tip

Well that wasn't a specific reply to my question so I shall rephrase it:

Do you want to see LA grow as a city by allow citizens to flourish?

Right now, especially due to your recent comment, you don't seem interested in that at all.  The Wild West is an experiment by the current Godfathers.   There is a chance if they see it as being a hassle they will end it.

Report Post Tip

If I wasn't interested in seeing the city flourish I would have taken out everyone. I took out 2 leaders who tried to take me out.

Report Post Tip

You also said people had to get out straight away, and that there would be no warning to those without a family.  I don't see how you can be seen as promoting LA, a city with endless potential, with comments like this.   Yeah it's 'the Wild West', and most certainly you have every right to defend yourself, but I just don't see how these threads help LA.

Report Post Tip

And others have already advised the reasons for that. there was a group effort to take me down. I didn't want to be shot at in my own home again.

Report Post Tip

It seemed implicit to me that an initiative entitled The Wild West was, at least partly, encouraging participants to act outside the norm. The entire premise is, if you want it, go and take it, it's yours. Take downs are instigated and enforced by the 2 crew per district rule; there is no other way about it. And to think of how long it will last - the ceaseless attempts on their life, as they attempt to build something outside the perimeters of our thing. I'd bet on the guy who shows he can bite when all the other dogs stand around barking. Pageantry can serve a purpose. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: WhySoSerious
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL