Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 16:30:48
Page:  1 
Faults and mistakes Started by: Father_TeQ on Mar 14, '15 10:58

Hey again folks! Think someone slipped something into my coffee this morning because I just can't stop thoughts running through my mind today and I've decided to share them all with you wonderful (well... some of you) people!

So... faults and mistakes. We ALL have them, some have more than others, others have less but ultimately bigger problems, some have zero problems (or think so), some folk got 99 problems bit a bitch ain't one!

My question(s)...

Given the murky nature of our world, is it right to admit you made a mistake or have a weakness in a certain area? Or will the public/your friends/your family/whomever view this as a bad trait and look to distance themselves from your lineage?

Recent news regarding some mobsters over in LA got me thinking. A LHM there recently came out onto the streets and took his own life after some of the general population regarded some of his previous actions with a known trouble maker as strange and not fitting of an upper structure member of a family. Some didn't approve of his this, some applauded it (myself included), either way it cost him his life.

As a by-product of the life we live, a lot of people seem to view admitting your past discrepancies as a weakness. Personally, because of the continuous cycle of lives our bloodlines lead here I don't think it's possible to get by in this world without admitting you've done wrong once or twice and accept the consequences of those actions. I don't believe it is possible to 'dodge karma' from biting you on the arse from time to time if you go through life leaving a path of destruction in your wake. Sometimes, you just have to 'man up' and admit you were wrong this time.

Report Post Tip

I think admitting mistakes is admirable. However, depending on the nature of the error, admitting it in public can have consequences that far out weigh any benefit of being honest and admitting your error.

Take that LHM for example, like you did.. his error wasn't massive. I fail to believe that him being dim enough to nod along to that random thug would have actually resulted in him taking any actions. Sure, he was daft to believe him (assuming he did), but are we really going to assume that because he was daft enough to continue that conversation, that he would then without question going ahead and commit acts on the command of said thug? I find it unlikely.

So that said, his coming out and admitting his error of judgement and then promptly falling on his sword achieved absolutely nothing. His Leader was killed shortly after and his next of kin is now employed with the killer. So the outcome of his public debacle hasn't really went how I think he would have anticipated, showing that whilst admitting the error was noble, it was still another foolish act.. in my humble opinion.

a lot of people seem to view admitting your past discrepancies as a weakness

Moving on to your next comment, I agree that it is a popular view. One that I don't share. Sure, I called his public act of admitting his wrong doing foolish, but I don't feel he was weak for doing it. On the contrary as I said before I admire anyone willing to admit to their mistakes, I've had mistakes in my life, some I've admitted to.. others I may have neglected to share. But we are only human, and to err is human.

Report Post Tip

DiamonDz just happened to be wondering around the streets when she heard Father TeQ talking, she saw that some people just passed by too busy in their own minds to notice, but she wanted to listen to what he had to say. It was a good topic that he had brought to the light too.

I think that a person who admits their shortcomings can be a very question, it is more with how they handle it. 

Will they work on their weaknesses (and one day possibly turn it to one of their strengths) or will they continue and do nothing about it?

I would hope that they would choose the first option as it means that they are not the type of person who will give up, when the tough gets going, However there will be people who will just add it to the "too hard" basket and dont want to improve themselves at all.

If a person has done a lot of things that is frowned upon in this thing of ours within their lifetime BUT have owned up to it and tried their hardest to make up for their mistakes, then i am all for rehabilitation. What i personally dont have the time for, is a person who does not learn from their mistakes and continues to carry on with the way that they behave with no attempt to better themselves.

Of course, this is my own personal logic in regards to this issue, I respect that not everyone will see things the way that i do.

with that DiamonDz goes back to mingle in the crowd wanting to listen to what others input is.

Report Post Tip

Please excuse my non-english speaking a moment ago

I was meant to say that:

I think that a person who admits their shortcomings can be a very person*, but it is more with how they handle it. 

Report Post Tip

Strong**person

as you can see, I have my own weaknesses tonight, I am afraid that Liquor is a very big weakness for myself.

DiamonDz thinks to herself that maybe she had one too many Vodka at the bar before heading to the street.

She noted to herself to lay of the liquor a little more.

Report Post Tip

Father_TeQ this is a really good point you bring up here about accepting personal mistakes. As you were just saying that this instance occurred in LA and ultimately the CL of that particular family paid with his life after, things just sorta fell apart for them. Now why is that? 

Before I get into that I must say I agree with what Tyrion has just stated about admiring someone that comes forth admitting their own mistakes. It takes a bigger man or woman to come forth and say something of such type. Most would just like to hide their dirty laundry and continue moving forward like nothing happened. So for what the LHM did, he has to be commended. 

But there are bigger things at play here. When usually an upper suicides citing certain problems or obstacles faced by that particular organization, it changes things a lot. A lot of the time when a upper leaves like that it usually isn't a good thing for the organization in general. Stepping down is one thing, stepping down and retiring from this life is completely another. When this particular LHM did the latter he pretty much blew up some of the problems that were going on within that organization. And the fallout you saw after was probably a part of that whole chain of events. Its sad how that whole thing came about, but to every action there are reactions/consequences. And when the actions are performed by an upper those very actions are exemplified and usually cause a domino effect....in this case the domino affect was eventual termination of the organization. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Faults and mistakes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL