Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:22:32
Page:  1 
A little bit of history Started by: Chris_Vaughn on Mar 15, '15 17:56

Chris looked a little nervous, his interview with Ragnarok hadn't been well recieved with the general populace, perhaps the tide of popular opinion was turning against him, and the millions and millions of his fans would desert him for some puck assed bitch like Ragnarok. Regardless of how it went down though, this was a story that in Chris's mind had to be told, before it was lost to the annals of history. Things had changed a lot recently, and Chris didn't know how much of a chance there was for this story to be told if he wasn't the one who told it. Mind up, he stepped into the streets and addressed the masses.

"Gather round jabronis, let the Rock tell you a story about how his family came to walk these streets many years ago. The Rock’s family first stepped off the boat back in June '03, a rough and tumble wannabe gangster with no idea, and no clue. He died pretty quickly, shot down for random whacking and being unsponsored. Then came the name that my fa,ily would become famous for, Tiscalli. Nunzio Tiscalli to be precise. Great grand pappy Nunzio signed up with Lia Vazzi’s outfit, and did the best he could. He was polite and respectful, and never stepped out of line. At that time, unbeknownst to Nunzio, a member of La Frat, Dean Martin’s then RHM, had noticed him, and was keeping an eye on his performance."

"Well as with all good times, they didn’t last. Nunzio had a fall out with one of Vazzi’s crew, who was trying to extort money out of him and a friend, called Spaceman. Not being one to back down, Nunzio threatened to kill this other mobster if he didn’t disappear. So what did he do? The Rock would like to say that he disappeared; unfortunately he went straight to the boss, with a carefully edited Mob Mail. Vazzi decided that he didn’t have time to deal with the petty annoyances of an earner and 2 Goombas, so he had all three taken into the desert and shot. No trial, no interrogation, just ultimate justice. This didn’t sit too well with my family, who had a romantic idea of what being a mobster was all about. Surely there had been some sort of error. Benito Tiscalli arrived on the shores of America soon after, and went straight to Vazzi. He was respectful but curious. When Vazzi failed to provide the answers he sought, he took his case to the streets, and again found no answers. Benito was contacted by DM’s RHM, Untouchable Saint, who was impressed with his way of speaking, both publicly and privately. And offered a place in La Frat. Benito respectfully declined, knowing that his hold on life was tenuous at best, he’d been making enemies quicker than allies, but he did put in a good word for his son, and Nunzio’s nephew, a guy called Carlo, who was waiting in the wings."

"Benito was gunned down as soon as he made the rank of Gangster, killed by agents of Lia. Carlo arrived in America in a few days, and took over as the Families representative. He approached Untouchable Saint, and Saint put in a good word for him with Dean Martin. Carlo’s time in La Frat was double edged. On one side he was happy, here was a good family, willing to support and stick up for its members, on the other he still sought revenge for the death of his uncle and father. Carlo decided that open hostility was not the way to go, as Vazzi was the leader of the largest crime family in the 5 cities at that time, and had more than enough soldiers to ensure that Carlo would fail at any attempt to take him out. So grand pappy Carlo made a public announcement that he did not hold Vazzi responsible for the deaths of his relations, and that he was determined to show that he was a worthwhile member of our society. But his quest for revenge didn’t end there, it continued for the rest of the year, only now an underground operation, collecting Intel on Vazzi, passing it to his enemies though a carefully orchestrated network of spies and double agents. If you where one of these people, I’m sure my Grand pappy Carlo would thank you, and don’t worry, he carried the secret of your identities to his Grave, knowing first-hand how people tend to carry a grudge for things done in the past."

"At the rank of Earner, Carlo got his first position in the La Frat crew Structure, that of Recruiter. By organising his endeavours, and creating Standard invites, questionnaires, and responses, Carlo quickly ramped up the membership of La Frat to the maximum of 200 members. Many of you might even have known La Frat if it weren’t for Carlo. Around this time, The Rock’s grand pappy Carlo also attracted the attention of Dean’s LHM, one Donnie Brasco. He had noticed Carlo’s talent for public speaking, and his polite and sociable manner, traits that he has obviously passed on to the People’s Champ. Donnie asked Carlo to look after his bar, Brasco’s, in Philly, where La Frat had moved when it became the 6th mafia City in late July. Again, Carlo set himself targets, and quickly turned Brasco’s into the most successful bar in the city, with a unique blend of Cabaret and humour."

"When Carlo became Made man, a proud day for the whole family, he took on the role of Family spokesman and Public Relations. It was his job to ensure that only the positive aspects of La Frat reached the streets and the general public. Again it was a challenge that Carlo was willing to take on. Now, forgive me if this all sounds too easy, in fact it wasn’t, Carlo still had plenty of enemies, and as he rose in rank, more and more decided to take pot shots at him. Carlo Tiscalli survived 13 shots in all, his good friend and mentor Untouchable Saint taking out those unlucky enough to take a shot at him. It was hard work, but the rewards where good, and La Frat was in my grandfather’s opinion, the best there was. La Frat weren’t interested in world domination or being the baddest mofo’s in all of mafia, they were only interested in looking after their own, and having a strong supportive family. At the start of August, Donnie Brasco was authed by Dean, and took position at his side in Philly. Little did they know that the good times where coming to an end…"

This was likely to be a long assed tale, and Chris decided to give the people a chance to relax some before continuing. After all, there was no point in boring everyone to death like Barry's speeches did.

Report Post Tip
Roco listened intently to Chris_Vaughn. Roco had always been interested in history and the past. As his listens to Chris, it reminds him of story's his own grandfather had told him. But this was part of history that Rocos grandfather had not been around for and he was very interested to hear more about this time.

"I have heard much about La Frat since I arrived to these lands and I am very interested to hear your part of the tail"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"In the Second week of August, Carlo made Consigliere, the highest rank any member of The Rock’s family had ever been, and until Dean made God Father, the highest he could go. But this was when things started to go wrong. Dean was in the habit of taking Prowacks. Like Carlo, he had a few enemies, mostly idiots who were fearful of his strong crew and the respect he held with them. One of his most trusted friends sold him out for a mere 500k, telling his enemies the time of his prowack. On the morning of the 11th of August, Dean was murdered as he prepared himself for his prowack. Over 100 of his crew joined him in the cemetery; Carlo himself was shot at twice whilst unsponsored before he could get into Donnie’s crew and relative Safety. It was a sad day for La frat, unequalled since the death of our founder the previous year."

"In Donnie’s Crew Carlo continued to do the role that he had been assigned in Deans, Public relations and Recruiting, and for a while things carried on as they always had. But Donnie wasn’t as strong a leader as Dean. He didn’t have the same street presence, or the diplomatic skills, and was challenged repeatedly. On top of this, with the disaster that had befallen Dean, Donnie was afraid to take Prowacks, and Carlo knew it was only a matter of time before things went pear shaped. As predicted, before the close of August, Donnie joined Dean in the family Graveyard, with almost two thirds of his crew. Carlo wasn’t as lucky this time, and joined the ranks of the fallen. It was a full 2 weeks before my family returned to the streets."

"When the Rock’s family returned in early September, under the guise of Saint Carlo, they found Sanctuary in another La Frat crew, that of Soultaker, one of the few lucky ones to have survived the massacre of La Frat. Saint Carlo started at the bottom and slowly worked his way up. It was here that my family cemented a lot of the friendships that keeps us here to this Day, FatTony2, BennyNoodles, Mafio, Christian, Versace, Scale, StopKillingMe, Jimmythebean, Bighead, Ecky_bloke, Seyarah, OptimusPrime and others too numerous to mention, they were… well they were as thick as thieves. Within days, Opti had been Authed, and moved away to start a crew of his own. Saint Carlo never achieved the same success in Soultaker’s crew as Carlo had in Deans or Donnie’s, but he was by no means the bottom of the Ladder. He had his own group of Subcrews to look after, and he still recruited other members, plus he still had access to his father’s spy and informant network, so Saint Carlo also had that to look after. Things were always easier though with friends by your side, and with Tony, Benny and Untouchable Saint to back him up, Saint Carlo felt invincible. He trained his gun religiously, and while he never reached the legendary status of some, he was by no means shabby. Over 150 fell by his hands, but Saint Carlo made sure to attend each and every funeral, because he always had respect for his enemies. When you loose that respect, that’s when you take people for Granted, and that’s when you get sloppy."

Report Post Tip

Some illustrious names mentioned here today good sir. Some names have been forgotten by my forefathers who failed to pass down their exploits fully, whereas others were conveniently forgotten. 

I especially like the sound of that SKM guy. He sounds a real blast

SCALE smiles fondly at the memories.

I remember sitting on my grandpa's knee getting told these very tales of legends and myth. 

SCALE looks at StopKillingMe

I was told SKM was very crazy and spent a great deal of the time drunk in a ditch someplace.  

It was the best of times, and the worst of times. La Frat, except for a core of individuals, was disintegrating, and so was borne the curse of Saint Carlo. Saint Carlo had decided to go for Auth, and out of respect he approached Soultaker, his leader first. Within 2 days Soultaker was dead, and Seyarah, his RHM, was exiled. Carlo then approached others he knew and respected, and who in turn respected him. One by one they all died. Carlo however seemed immortal, touched by some strange protection from the Gods, and had finally taken refuge in Versace’s crew, whilst he sought Auth. It was at this time, as September ended and October Began that Carlo finally got Auth. Opti was the man to do it, and Carlo gratefully accepted. With the Death of Versace, that very night, he set up in New Orleans, the original home of La Frat, beside Opti on the 6th October. Things where starting to look up, or so they all thought.

As some of you might remember, this was the time of MrEvilMan, or MeM as he was often referred to. And he had just about taken over the 6 cities. Every one seamed to be scared of him, and despite his draconian policies, no one had the balls to stand up to him. Saint Carlo tried, but alas wasn’t strong enough. After 6 days as a CL, word came to Carlo that MeM had had enough of his petty little rebellion, and was coming gunning for him. My family have never been the sort to wait and see what happens, so Carlo took the only course of action available to him, and shot at MeM, unfortunately missing. As there had been no formal declaration of war, Carlo decided to make one, in his own inimitable style. Over the next 30 minutes, Carlo hit listed all 146 members of MeM’s crew, for 100k each. He knew it wouldn’t be long before MeM worked out what happened and took him down, so he decided not to take Prowacks, and instead stood shoulder to shoulder with his Crew, and took as many of them out as we could. Within 2 hours, Carlo was hit by MrEvilMan’s RHM, and was out of the fight, but his own family fought on to a man. Over 90% of Carlo’s crew were killed, but they dealt a blow to MeM that he wouldn’t recover from, he was down to 67 men, and less than 14 days later he disbanded his crew, as the tide of public opinion finally turned against him. Again my family was to be involved in this.

My ancestors returned to the streets the next day under the guise of Unstrippable Paint, a tribute to their close friend and mentor, Untouchable Saint. UP didn’t join a crew, and went straight to the streets to continue to speak out against MeM and his ways. UP remained unsponsored and alive for 12 days, making it all the way to Earner. During this time I think he pissed off just about every Crew leader around, calling them out, and asking why none of them had the balls to stand up against MeM. Paint’s voice attracted a lot of attention, and many voiced support for his cause, despite the silence of their Crew Leaders. At the Rank of Earner, UP finally died. He had ensured that no crew leader could take him in and offer him protection, Paint had burned those bridges, plus with MeM still around, and I think a lot of them were too afraid to. Actually, just prior to Christmas, one of my ancestors had a chance to catch up with MeM, and he voiced his support for UP’s campaign, stating that he was not against freedom of speech, as long as it was a coherent argument, in fact he was one of the few to publicly debate with UP in the streets. My ancestor also got him to admit that his intentions had been to kill Saint Carlo, vindicating Carlo in his Pre-emptive strike. But The Rock digresses. Unstrippable Paint left mafia land, only ever returning at times of great injustice, and made way for The Equalizer, but that as they say, is another story.

Onikage adjusts himself more comfortably on the lamp post that he chosen to prop himself up against.  As he listens to the the anthropology and infamous legends of old Onikage takes some time to smoke a cigarette and take the occasional, quick swig of a pocketed hip flask.  He takes mental note of all that is said.

Report Post Tip

I do believe Mr Vaughn has lost his marbles (old age and all that) and forgot to finish off this story of his granddaddy.......

He obviously hasn't taken his medication for a while

Report Post Tip

Old age? You have the cheek to call the Rock old jabroni? Forgive the Rock for asking, but aren't you older than the Rock StopKillingMe? You see the Rock didn't forget to finish, the Rock was finished. One story had ended, hence the Rock saying "that as they say, is another story."

Report Post Tip

TLWolf was on his way to the Grocery to buy some stuff when he noticed Chris gathering Jabroni's around him to give a speech. He listened to what he has said, it was an impressive story. He would have loved to tell his own story one day in the future. His Ancestors came to the USA few years back, that is all what he knows about them, He do not know anything else about them.

As Curtis finishes his speech, TLWolf continues on his way to the Grocery. He have a lot of things to do today.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A little bit of history
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL