Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:22:14
Page:  1 
Chief of Surgery Started by: Ted on Mar 17, '15 03:39

You would only notice it if you had been here long enough, the feeling of stillness, the air neither ripping nor roaring through the cities streets -- it was calm. The days of war in Chicago were still slowly winding down, and the rebuilding effort was in full effect; you could see the shops closing early to pay their tributes to the large men who would come to collect them. As were the sounds of guns firing in every which corner of every which back alley. The Mafia was surely still alive and well in Chicago, if only you had the eye to notice it.

All of this could be attributed to countless people, all from different walks of life and cities, yes, but for South Side, everyone knew there was only one woman who could be the one to lead the rebuilding. That woman was Lexie Grey. Through her valiant efforts and ability to keep the district going forward; she has given the entire district a new lease on life. 

"So, it is official then? Lexie will be..."

"Yes, its happening. Guaranteed."

This sort of talk was happening all throughout the district, the ball was rolling, and Lexie was being offered an opportunity which was only entrusted with the most high standing of this thing of ours. She did not know of it yet, but soon enough the opportunity would be thrust upon her harder than anything she had felt for years. 

"It is time."

Those were the only words needed to be heard before the process was set into motion, and Lexie went off to complete her succession into the Chicago elite. As she went, back in South Side a different type of planning was beginning, as they went into the streets to officially make it known that Lexie would now control their district. 

"Hello all, and welcome. Today we celebrate the life of a woman who has helped steer Chicago back into greatness. Who, with the help of others, kept Chicago afloat through her leadership. She worked hard for this station and I am proud to announce that starting today, thanks to her many contributions to the district of South Side and Chicago as a whole, and with the blessing of both Godfather Curtis and Godfather Tetley, that Don Lexie Grey will now be taking the mantle of Godfather."

After Ted's speech was complete, Lexie walked out from an HQ with a bit of blood splattered on her shirt. Surely taking care of business even as a Godfather was a dirty affair, but yet again she showed exactly why they had made her their leader -- Ted and Goku, her auths, stood there ready to welcome her to her new station.

Taking a bunch of balloons from his pocket, Ted then set them off, and in a quite anticlimactic fashion watched as they all floated quickly into the sky never to be seen again. Damn. Although this was not the end of the festivities, as surely many would come out to show their respects to the newly appointed Godfather. 

Report Post Tip

Goku was sitting in his new, much bigger office on the South Side, leaning back in his chair and enjoying a bit of free time. He didn't get much of it these days. He was half expecting the telephone to ring. He pulled out a cigarette and stuck a match to light it. Sure enough, right as he took his first drag, the phone rang.

"God Damnit."

He reached across his desk and picked up the receiver, taking care to hit his cigarette again before speaking. You never knew how long you'd have to talk to some of these dweebs.

"Hello?"

"It's happening. Lex just took off, with a few body guards. Get down to 3rd street as soon as you can." Ted's voice said through the speaker.

"Fuckin shit, I'll be down soon, just let me change my jacket."

"To hell with your jacket, nothing can make you look good with that spiky ass yellow hair of yours." 

Goku chuckled and hung up the phone. He killed his cigarette with a few more hard drags and switched to a clean blazer, and made his way down the road.

He arrived just before Lexie, and stood there idly as Ted spoke to those gathered around. When Lexie came out he kept it simple. He clapped her on the back and smiled, whispering a simple "atta gal" to her and allowing her to pass so she could address the masses.

Report Post Tip

Proud to say I am apart of this organization.. Congrats to south side as a whole

Report Post Tip

Heroin grabs a drink from the bar in the local speak easy in the big brother city of Detroit on some business. He then is alerted by the bartender from a call back home in South Side Chicago. Ted and Goku awaiting on the other end of the phone tells Heroin "Its time." 

Heroin then jumps on the fastest flight home to South Chicago for the big news. He then lands at the air port to get picked up and driven to Lexie's compound. As Heroin pulls up he can see everyone from the family dressed to impress and ready to Celebrate this evening. Heroin proceeds in to make a toast to Lexie.

Congrats Lexie finally Godmother. That day has finally came. I bet it felt like forever. This is a true milestone for you. I know you will do more then just great role of Godmother of South side Chicago. Lets this be the one bottle of Champagne popped of many for tonight celebration of your achievement.

As Heroin starts to pour drinks for the entry family members for this special occasion.  

Report Post Tip

NealCaffrey was sitting in his office when someone burst through the door. Grabbing for his Pistol he aimed up to realise it was his captain PeterBurke. With a sigh of relief Neal lowered his gun and began to pour himself a whiskey to calm him down

"Peter you bastard. I was about to put a bullet in your damn head. Why the hell are you bursting in here like this eh?"

A look of excitement and hilarity showed on Peters' face as he began to smirk before taking the glass of whiskey out of Neal's hand

"I take it you've been to busy drinking all day to remember what day it is aye? Lexie_Grey is officially becoming Godfather tonight! Get your best suit on and get downstairs. I have a driver waiting for you"

Running to his closet and grabbing his best suit Neal began to get ready. After a few minutes of struggling with his waistcoat and trousers he ran downstairs to the car, picking up a bottle of his finest wine before closing the door and entering the car. They pulled over at a street corner where Ted, Goku & Lexie were already beginning the festivities, Neal jumped out of the car and walked over to Lexie.

"Damn I hope I didn't miss to much. A massive congratulations to you Lexie. During our time here in Chicago we have become very close friends, and I could not be happier to be here with you today celebrating such a wonderful occasion. You truly deserve the role you have acquired tonight. But clean yourself up eh? That blood stain looks ridiculous."

Neal clapped his hand on Lexie's shoulder and shook her hand with the other

"Congrats Don Godfather Lexie_Grey. It is an honour to walk this road with you!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Curtis rolled up to find Lexi established as Godfather. The deed done, succession made, the old guard removed and her now standing, a little bloodied but wearing the official mantle of head of her district. He was pleased to see her and approach with a warm embrace.

"Lexi! Congratulations! I knew this would come to pass but I'm no less pleased because of it. A great day and a big day in the reestablishing of Chicago. You have been most industrious since the recent calamity and rearranging of the city and I can see you are doing an impressive amount of construction. I'm very happy to see you rise up and take this rank. I had great hopes for you and Ted and I look forward to a long future with this district under your control."

Knowing he'd already marred his suit with blood from their first embrace, he gave her another and stepped off into the crowd to find Ted and continue their discussion on unsung perfections and poetry in action. 

Report Post Tip

Oh happy day for all of Chicago, Congrats awesome job!

Report Post Tip
Well done. May you be a fearless leader and stand for all that is right. I'm certain you will lead by example and be the beacon Chicago requires to prosper once more.
Report Post Tip

Congratulations Miss Grey, I echo Don Ragnarok's sentiments. I'm sure you will succeed in restoring Chicago to the prosperous, bustling city that we all desire it to be.

Report Post Tip

good morning Godfather

im extremely happy for you 

Report Post Tip

Rocket was enjoying a drink in SouthSide when he noticed something going on outside so he drank up, left the money on counter and made his way outside. He noticed Ted making a speech so he stood and listened, when he finished Rocket cleared his throat. 

"Congratulations Lexie_Grey on your new rank Godfather, I wish you all the best."

Rocket turns and heads back to bar he came from. 

Report Post Tip

As the sun started to fade, Socrates realized it was the best time to go out and finish his last "job" in Chicago. Next morning he had already arranged to leave the city. As he walked, along with his two trusted guards Nico and Toni, he noticed many people outside from the South Side's headquarters. Those HQ used to be his home, and he thought it was a good idea to come closer and take a look.

"Lexie is the new Godfather of Chicago!"

everyone was drinking to that.

Socrates entered the headquarters and waited for his turn to pay respect to the new Godfather.

"This is a great day for whole Chicago. I knew your father well, and I'm sure he would be very proud of you now. You kept Chicago together right before it collapses, and you do your best to make it even stronger."

"Congratulations Godfather Lexie_Grey."

Report Post Tip
Tombstone walk out of the bar where he has been drinking all day and night waiting for the good news the his long time friend got his ups to Godfather or should I say Godmother ..

He remembered the start of this young lady when she stepped of the boat . She was wet behind the ears and ugly looking but she has proven herself to be a leader of men..

So I say Congratulations to you lexie on your awesome journey to Godmother .
Report Post Tip

Brielle finds herself walking the streets of Chicago, she was in town visiting some old friends her mother used to know. After a while of poking in and out of shops on Michigan Ave she passes a sign that says "South Side" she figured to explore a bit more since she hadn't spent much time out this way. A couple minutes down the roads she sees a gathering of people in the streets some of the people looked familiar, small world she thought to herself. She made a B-line right to gathering to see what the commotion is all about. 

Upon approaching the crowd she overhears them all talking about Lexie_Grey and her rise to power and the prestigious title she had just been bestowed. Knowing this was an joyous occasion Brielle knew she had to say her congratulations even though the two have never met. Miss Grey was quite easy to find in the mixture of people there was a certain aura about her. 

"Godmother Grey, I just wanted to wish you a big congratulations on this accomplishment. May you have a long and prosperous tenure overseeing the South Side"

Brielle polietly shakes the Godmothers hand, then goes and mingles with the crowd. 

Report Post Tip

Being late to the celebratory party set in downtown Chicago for the newly crowned Godmother of the South Side George made his way to this hospital to await his Godmothers arrival. She was scheduled to be in surgery working on a patient removing there cancerous tumor from there brain. Godmother Lexie had the best cover up of all, using her skills as a surgeon to run her rackets through the hospitals everyday routine business.

Patiently awaiting her arrival I stepped into her office and shut the door behind me. Looking towards the walls I notice all the awards and recognition my Godmother had received over the years and it was stuff of major bragging proportions. The handle on the door turns and Lexie finally arrives with a famished look on her face. I quickly pour a stiff drink for her, walk over to where she stands, and removed her overcoat hanging it on the rack.

I apologize for not being at the celebration, but I have finished the assignment I was to work on. The mayor is in full understanding and will be presenting you the keys to the district tomorrow at town hall. It didn't take to much pressure he got the just of it when I came in guns blazing.

I wanna thank you personally for your trust in me Lexie, you've always been a great boss and I look forward to everywhere this journey takes us. Congrats on Godmother, lets show them what we got!

Report Post Tip

Wooboom knew it was time. He has been avaiting this moment from the time of the district's loss of the famous Godfather of South Side - Spunky...

Rejoining the crowd of familiar faces gathering in the front of the HeadQuarters to listen to his friend's Ted speech, he was rememoring in his head all the violent and brutal events that had not so long ago happened in the Windy City. The mysterious late night professionally done assassination of the Chicago Chairman - GodFather Ajani; the then brutal murder of South Side leaders Spunky, Whor-Able and Iocaste; the not less violent intercity war full of surprises that left Chicago without Godfathers; the technical elimination of three very capable mafiosos - Gin, Hudson and Quiet. Yes, those flashbacks were roaming in his head, eating his soul in the same way a post war traumatic syndrome would, removing any will to party as his late father would. But he had hope, and knew South Side would see rise a so much needed leader once a new, and he knew this time had come.

Hearing Don Ted started his speech put him out of his transe-like state. A few dozens of seconds later, Lexie apeared on the front door, her working combinaison indeed splattered with some blood. Surgeon Business as usual he told himself... He then proceeded through the cheering and applauding crowd to congratulate her personaly:

Congratulations GodMother Lexie! May you live long and make South Side and all of Chicago prosper once again!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chief of Surgery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL