Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 14:26:58
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Bloodlines, Genetic Traits, and Karma Started by: MrSpikeS on Mar 23, '15 10:13

MrSpikeS steps out into the street for his first speech, giddy with excitement, but also a bit nervous because of the topic at hand, balls still out though so to speak.

This is going to be a scatterbrained speech, much like my bloodline is known for. I tend to do those best, and well, if you’re going to listen to me, then I apologize ahead of time. It’s a complex topic, and I will not cover all of it. I plan to talk as it comes to me so it’ll be an on-the-fly speech. I will cover the main points that I am feeling are pertinent at this moment, but I am sure there are more things for others to add or even argue regarding this. Thank you.

When we consider the lives of our fathers and mothers, I’m sure a lot of us feel that we may have a lot in common with our ancestors. The funny thing about that is, well… others tend to have that same feeling about well… you.

This can work in many different ways. It can work to your advantage, and nepotism can be a means for you to rise within political and strategic prowess. It can also work to your disadvantage. You can be held back, and more uncommonly, you can be banned from certain positions. Back in the day, you could even be banned from cities, from even flying into a city. We are in a different world now though so some people should be appreciative of that, we all should be.

Bloodlining, as argued, is pretty specific though. It implies the repeated killing of a certain line. My stance regarding the term “hatelining” coincides with that quite a bit, but to a whole higher level, meaning the person is killed because they are actually hated, as a person, repeatedly, but usually over a larger span of time so as to make it hurt more, since that lineage gets more of an opportunity to build in between the death of a parent.

If we look at this world now though, things are slightly different because our leaders do not maintain ideals that particularly allow for excessive cruelty. There has been discussion of forgiveness for parental actions, and I can personally say, there is absolutely room for forgiveness. But as I have joked with many people who have been at the top of a regime, the sins of your father do come back to bite you, and when you’re at the top, you need to be willing to accept that your sons and grandsons (or daughters) might not have such a great life, at least for a while. I know this from my own personal experience, and I have been a witness to it on others. This goes not only for sins, but simply if you were “great.” The true greats will always have a bit of karma to come back to bite them, usually by jealous enemies.

Is this wrong though? Personally, I do not believe so, even if it’s frustrating. I think the actions of your father’s should be passed down onto you in some way, whether positive or negative. Otherwise, we’d have no sense of who you actually are. However, if someone is simply upset with your father for a clean takedown, then perhaps that’s ridiculous. Purity of strategy definitely changes things because well, personally, I can respect a purely strategic leader, so long as they don’t use dirty tactics. I would damn anyone who would want to hunt them, simply for a pleasure kill, because it’s those strategists that make this world enjoyable; they’re the professionals.

Within whining bloodlines of today, whose parents sinned against others, others who are now in positions of power, I have noticed one common trait, other than a singular name to group them: They were bullies. At least, a fair share of them were. Not all of them, and sadly some of those get grouped with the others. Some weren’t even around for the bullying, but they’re still lumped in, and that truly is a shame. It should be noted that some weren’t even part of said group, and they partook in excessive bullying, only for their own sick pleasures. And that is where I shall really make my point today regarding bloodlining, genetic traits, and karma. If someone’s father or mother was truly a bully (there are other things that are just almost as bad), they deserve to be set aside in time out, and not given attention (because they are children, and bullies thrive on attention). Bullying is not a forgivable action. It is purely based on malice, cruelty, and more importantly, it holds no real value in terms of strategy, except only to cause hatred. While this is a crime underworld, bullying has no place in it. We are not children. We are adults, and though there are times when people here want to forget that, lines should not be crossed because there is nothing crueler than a child.

So, when I see a son of a bully, I’m not going to bully them. Definitely, don’t do that. No really, don’t do that. That’s not the right way to deal with a bully; that’s just giving them what they want. What I am going to do is keep in mind, that they really weren’t a good leader or they were a part of something that just plain negative for this world or both. I’ll keep it in mind… Memory is mainly this world’s karma, if we don’t want to claim that it’s controlled by the universe.

Moreover, after having noticed the new rules in Philadelphia regarding upper structure positions and after having people come to me about it, both positively and negatively, I think, at least in my view, one thing should be clear about it, and hopefully Tetley agrees. It’s far less than a personal thing against anyone of said group, but rather a way to maintain security given that the wounds of prior attacks are still fresh. It is a means of security, rather than an act of punishment. For someone not to understand that, their lines did not suffer (any of the atrocities) over the last year. They did not suffer bullying, but in terms of plain strategy, they did not suffer rogues. Friends who once even swapped sides proved to have some sort of survivor guilt, and were talked into hurting allies by the real bullies. So, yes, it shouldn’t be too hard to grasp as a security based decision, especially for the wounded Philadelphia. Elsewhere, it might prove to be okay. I know there’s potential there for good, but Philadelphia is not really one of those places, given it being targeted only so recently.

Rogues and bloodlines are complicated. There are people with roguish tendencies, but they aren’t “always” a rogue. However, underground operations always do exist in some way, and thus that’s the worst fear, a rogue acting cooperatively with others. I could go on about that quite a lot…

But that was a bit of a side note really… Getting back to the topic. There’s a lot to be said of bloodlines and genetic/inherent traits or vices of our fathers and mothers. It’s seldom enough that a bloodline really gets tracked, in the grand scheme of things. If you’re one of the lucky few, perhaps you did something right, perhaps you did something wrong. These days though, I do know a specific trait that this world has no room for. This world has no room for bullies and those that take their own anger at themselves out on others simply for the purpose of personal pleasure. With that said, it is hard when talking about bloodlines to further generalize such actions and associate them with a group, because not everyone in a group necessarily partook in such actions against humanity. Yes, they might have been lookers on, but sometimes, and I’m sure several from that group would agree with this, you gotta sit back and watch your friends do stupid shit. I can’t fully fault them for that because I know I have stupid friends, and it’d hurt my friendship to really try to put them back in line. Hell some of those guys I’m referencing I actually consider friends, not the bullies, but at least some of the guys that stood on the sidelines. However, there is sometimes a time and a place to do so, and in some cases, I can think of times when someone should’ve stepped in when major bullying occurred, but I understand why it didn’t happen. Just know it should’ve. Perhaps it weighs heavy on some of your backs. You know who you are.

The people who might have sinned though do have hope. Time does eventually heal things, mostly. People do remember stuff regarding bloodlines, yours and mine alike. But there is forgiveness in the future for anyone, so long as whatever they fucked up on doesn’t become a reoccurring habit.

People are impatient though. Some people want the sins of their father or mother to disappear as soon as they’re born, but it’s just never that simple. It shouldn’t be. This is why most of the time, a person who had a parent do something that was “out of line,” will generally go incog.

Incogging and bloodlines are quite fun to analyze. Generally, people go incog and drop their family name for only a few reasons.

• One: They don’t want the GREATNESS of their father/mother to draw attention to them.
  • Two: They don’t want the DOUCHEYNESS of their father/mother to draw attention to them.
  • Three: They just plain want a CLEAN SLATE or want to be a nobody which is the same thing.
  • Four: They think they need to be incog because of DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR.

The third option does happen quite a lot, a lot more than one would expect. The fourth is stupid. The first option happens a fair amount of the time, and the second option is exactly why incogs get a bad rap. It’s also why I’m a self-proclaimed, unpaid, bounty hunter, because in several cases, they’re up to no good. Over the years, I’ve learned that I get more pleasure out of the lives I save than the lives I take.

With all this said, I’ve rambled on a bit. I’m not necessarily the right person to be discussing this, for many reasons. But I also think, as a self-proclaimed expert (and egomaniac, obviously, that I am), someday, most of the people who feel at a low point now will be treated well once more, with time. I can say though, for a select few potentially… The best way to describe it might just be as John Milton put it, “never can true reconcilement grow, where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep.” I don’t know how much I buy into that statement. It really depends, but if reconcilement is actively and genuinely being sought by an ex-inflictor of pain, there is always a way. One cannot expect the world to forgive them, without at least the bare minimum of an apology. Admitting fault in prior actions is the perfect step to making a brighter future.

I hope tensions from the past year eases sooner than later because it makes for an overly heightened politically correct world, at least in terms of how you deal with friends, placement of hands, and so on. But I hope there’s some understanding on all sides of it, that nothing is permanent. Some things are deserved. Some are meant to suffer a bit before they are forgiven for causing others to suffer. But the time for that does come to pass. Karma sucks, but it’s has to happen to us all sometime, even if we’re really excelling in this world, in some way (bullying is the furthest end from excelling, but karma really hits them worse, and it marks them for longer).

Finally, I’d like to wish an expedited sociopolitical recovery to those who are only and just only “guilty by association” and those who were actually great leaders (not dicks, but of course it might be hard for those people to self-identify, because come on, which one of us wasn’t great when we were leaders?), with the requirement being so long as they don’t plan to be dicks now. Because if not, karma perhaps still hasn't properly caught up to kick you in the ass, if those are in fact your plans. Smiles all around though. 

MrSpikeS walks off from the street hoping that people will reflect on their actions against others, even people who weren’t even really discussed or implicated in this speech, because he’s a self-righteous cunt pompously ranting in the street...

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Cin had listened as well as she could to the points being made.

As far as bloodlining goes, I think it really has developed into more than just killing repeatedly. I think that being held back based on your line is just that. After all you get the leaders that claim that they base everything off people's work but do they really? Some do, but many others will base it off your bloodline and how "good" they think it is. Let's be honest, being a "good" bloodline is only down to a matter of opinion of those at the top. Those at the top may not even fall into a "good" line category. We have seen Godfathers who had an ancestor kill their own Godfathers and show little to no loyalty. Every line has the ability to be "bad" or "good."

The more hatred there is for a bloodline, the more hatred that line is likely to give back. You want to constantly antagonize them? Well don't expect them to like you or even do well for you. Being a dick towards them seems rather counter productive if you want to see them doing well rather than worse.

This could also be looked at as a form of bullying. We're all adults and should be able to handle banter and the occasional name calling, but there is a line that should be drawn.

Perhaps the increase in bullying is down to a lack of ability to be civil towards one an another? The only thing I am sure about is that whatever is given, will be gotten when the tides change. That seems to be a common cycle.

So as far as bloodlines being important, well that can be debated. We all have skeletons in our closets somewhere.

Cin smiled politely at the speaker and moved away.

Report Post Tip

Two questions.

First off, we are in the mafia. We kill those who oppose is and/or annoy us. We are supposed to be ruthless gangsters, right? Then why are we even talking about 'bullies' here? Bit childish to speak of bullies. But heh, that's my opinion.

Friends who once even swapped sides proved to have some sort of survivor guilt, and were talked into hurting allies by the real bullies.

What does that refer to?

So, yes, it shouldn’t be too hard to grasp as a security based decision, especially for the wounded Philadelphia. 

But surely nowadays Philadelphia isn't considered 'wounded' anymore, à la Chicago?

Report Post Tip

Hey wait, that were 3 questions.. Kinda.

Report Post Tip

Cin 

As far as bloodlining goes, I think it really has developed into more than just killing repeatedly. I think that being held back based on your line is just that.

Perhaps, if every single member of your line is almost exactly the same in actions, words and thoughts, then it is very well understandable and perfectly reasonable for a line to be held back.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Well that is merely down to opinion Goto. Depends on the bloodline in question and how much people actually know of them. Don't forget that what is often shared through word of mouth and passed down isn't always the whole truth. 

People are complex. There are tonnes of factors and situations that create things that are talked about. There are tonnes of little things that can build up to the big explosion others see.

I guess my point is, don't assume you know a bloodline off a few things. If you have never spoke to that line or really gotten to know them it is impossible to know for sure. Even those that have had a falling out with a line may not be able to see clearly because they are tainted by a bad situation with them before.

People do change. It just takes people willing to really wipe the slate clean to see it.

Report Post Tip

You don't need to know everything about a bloodline. You need to know the past and the present. You need to look at what they're doing. Are they earning good? Are they doing good work for the crew? How do they conduct themselves in the streets etc.

If a bloodline comes to the streets and speaks with more or less the same voice as her ancestor's, naturally you're going to be judged on your ancestors too.

And of course there a better bloodlines than others, and that is how it should be, in my opinion. Our ancestors give our leader an image of what we might look like, what we might become and sometimes that is a good thing, sometimes it isn't. If it happens a bad thing, it's a bit your own fault too, no?

Report Post Tip

Even the things that you mentioned are things not many others outside of family are going to know. Do you advertise your earnings with tags so that everyone can see? I should hope not. There are some things that are left behind doors because well they aren't everyone's business.

Speaking like your parent isn't necessarily bad if they can speak. Improving is always nice when it can be done. The better question is, are they being disrespectful when they speak? That should be more of a concern rather than having the same beliefs. At least it would be to me.

But lots of people don't know the past or anything to do with it. That is my point. All people know are what they are told unless they were directly involved. Even then not everyone directly involve knows the reasoning behind things. For each person it is different. Every person with the same memory reacts and remembers to it differently because the perspective varies.

Report Post Tip

That is true; but street presence is something everyone can see at least, and it certainly gives the whole community an 'image' of you and your bloodline. Speaking like your parents can be detrimental if it gives people the impression that your bloodline is always complaining about something. 

At least we can be sure that openly advertising how bad your bloodline supposedly is isn't a very good way to present your bloodline. If I look at your bloodline for example, without knowing the finer details and inner workings of your family, I can see that you're more or less the same (or that is how it appears to my eyes) as your ancestors, thus defining people's opinion of you and your bloodline. If people are going to take this same route, they shouldn't complain about being held back, right? 

Report Post Tip

Cin chuckled at the mention of her last wonderful speech.

I am so glad you brought this up. As far as anyone knows it seems like complaining. Except is it really? I mean you aren't entitled to my reasons that it was spoken of but I can assure you that your judgements on it are wrong.  I learned ages ago that it really doesn't matter what you say or how you say it since people will generally think how they will of you regardless.

However, if you want to use my line for an example, not all of them were the same. I could trace back my line to when an ancestor of mine fought with CrazyNine openly in the streets with extremely disrespectful behaviour. I can assure that I have not done so in my time on these shores though.

As I said changes can be subtle but they are there in each and every line. If this is an attempt to say that I should be held back based on my ancestors, well you can take that up with my leader.

Impressions are fickle especially when based on ideas that you know where certain things have stemmed from or what they mean. The root of things and the reasons behind them give much more insight then what you think you see or hear from people. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Get a few chapters in and then see if your first impression was the same.

Report Post Tip

I learned ages ago that it really doesn't matter what you say or how you say it since people will generally think how they will of you regardless.

I think that's just a very cheap excuse.

However, if you want to use my line for an example, not all of them were the same. I could trace back my line to when an ancestor of mine fought with CrazyNine openly in the streets with extremely disrespectful behaviour. I can assure that I have not done so in my time on these shores though.

The recent members of your line have been generally 'the same' though. 

I don't need to read anything, I only have to look how a line present themselves publicly to make my judgement, and that's how it should be in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

To answer your questions Goto:

When talking of children or childish impetuous actions, sometimes a term like bullies is fitting, even in this setting. We are in fact in the mafia as you say. We can be ruthless gangsters, but one thing that should be noted is that we have a code of standards or conduct, that was not upheld for a decent duration. 

As for what I was referencing in the swapping of sides... I was referring to the duplicitous nature of some peoples' actions and later actions within Philadelphia. Out of respect, I am not being specific, but anyone with a near sense of history should understand that one. 

Regarding Chicago, sure. Chicago is wounded, but it's wounded for some other reasons. Perhaps those reasons can correlate with some of my theory, but it would be referencing different parties and their actions. 

As for Cin, I appreciate some of your comments. It is hard to draw good from bad and the like, but please try to avoid this from getting personal by using examples of yourself. I did my best not to discuss anyone specific because simply, that picks at scabs of wounds that could potentially heal. No need for any extras to open up. 

Report Post Tip

MrSpikeS,

nice speach, but a long one. As usual. Takes a lot of patience to read evrything, when u write something, but we all do apreciate, bullies and bullied together. Also I am sure Strrets aint an apropriated place to place it. Nor the rest of the discussion...

Now a some unclear thing to me as a CH dude:

Regarding Chicago, sure. Chicago is wounded, but it's wounded for some other reasons. Perhaps those reasons can correlate with some of my theory, but it would be referencing different parties and their actions. 

Report Post Tip

I'm not an expert on that topic Wooboom, but Goto brought Chicago up in reference to my Philadelphia being wounded comment, or maybe I misunderstood. Either way, I'm sure that you two would have a better sense of if Chicago had been wounded and a better explanation than what I could give for how it to relates to what I've posited, if it even relates at all. I'd be curious to see an argument for it.

Report Post Tip

I was specifically thinking about:

some other reasons

Report Post Tip

Lexie walks out onto the streets to see her two friends WooBoom and MrSpikeS debating a topic.

I believe MrSpikeS is saying "For some other reasons" because he doesn't know the reasons, and would not want to make up fake or bizarre reasons. To be fair, noone can honestly answer for what happened with Chicago, and it is just time to move on and propser in all directions. 

Report Post Tip

What Lexie_Grey said. 

Report Post Tip

If GodMother Lexie says so, I won't debate it furthermore...

Report Post Tip

When talking of children or childish impetuous actions, sometimes a term like bullies is fitting, even in this setting. We are in fact in the mafia as you say. We can be ruthless gangsters, but one thing that should be noted is that we have a code of standards or conduct, that was not upheld for a decent duration. 

Why are we talking about children or childish actions though? Killing (repeatedly) is not something a child does. I feel we need to stop comparing 'these people' to children, because they aren't. We're gangsters, they're gangsters. They kill, we kill. Etc. etc.

As for what I was referencing in the swapping of sides... I was referring to the duplicitous nature of some peoples' actions and later actions within Philadelphia. Out of respect, I am not being specific, but anyone with a near sense of history should understand that one

You mentioned it enough for it to be specific, that is why I raised a question about it. 

Report Post Tip

I think you're missing part of the point Goto. There was actual bullying of people. Picking on, like in a school lunch room, maybe even blocks being thrown in daycare. Killing repeatedly is related is some ways, but plain and simple, there was a point when "trolling" became something else, something far more malevolent, bullying. 

Yes, it was worth asking about, but that answer of what happened should cover it. I'm not in the mood to play full historian. I am totally into hearing people talk about it, if they really want to, but my purpose of this speech is simply analysis of some basic concepts paired with a few theories. Keeping things vague, even though what we all know is being talked about, is important, as I said, so as not to harm the healing process. I'm more in the favor of that healing progressing in any case in which a true apology was dealt and most importantly, for those who were really just sitting sipping their sippy cups of juice while the bad boys decided that the teacher/order/morality/code was out of the room.. I'd love to continue painting that picture, but it'd only turn into hyperbolic viciousness. (Sayyid used to say: Don't feed the troll... There has to be some irony there in all of this.)

So, moving forward, if you don't know of what is being referenced in terms of bullying, perhaps you have opinions of my more non-specific points regarding the concept of what happens to a person moving on from being at the top, or rogue mentality, or why someone would want to go incog.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bloodlines, Genetic Traits, and Karma
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL