Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 19:13:39
Page:  1 
What do we want? Started by: RocketRaccoon on Mar 25, '15 15:39

After a days work travelling long hours form city to city, a rodent like creature stumbles out of the business district dragging a gun behind himself and carrying a glass of whiskey in the other hand. This creature walks through the streets and stops at the nearest wall, taking a sip of his drink then placing the empty glass and his gun on the ground before climbing the wall next to him. 

"Good evening fellow mobsters, some of you might have seen me round these streets before but for those who haven't my name is RocketRaccoon. I am fairly new to our lifestyle but I am here today to talk about something Ive been thinking about while sitting in the local bar enjoying a few drinks after a long days work. I was talking to a nice bartender and got me thinking what do we want out of this life. Why do we do this work and want is it all for?

Then I started thinking is it for the power? money ? respect? or do we want to be feared? or do you want to be a leader? or do we want much more than all of them? They are only a few examples I could think of but I want to hear your opinions and why you have joined our lifestyle of work and what you want to achieve in your lives. 

Thank you all for your time"

Rocket takes a seat on the wall and hopes people will come and voice there opinions. 

Report Post Tip

There are endless possibilities to people's wants and needs, for me it's quite simple though.

All I'm looking for is a reaction. Whether that be to what I say in the streets, in the coffeeshops, in mail or any other forms of communication. Now, contrary to popular belief, my blood has not always looked to stoke a bad reaction from someone but I totally understand how that could come to the forefront of people's thoughts. Fabio summed up pretty well what I do here in a speech not too long ago. Sometimes a bit of 'tough love' can be mistaken for me being an arrogant arsehole, but that's something that comes with the territory when your sole aim is to evoke a passionate response from someone. 

Sometimes, I'll bring out a reaction from someone that means they go on to great things, sometimes I get insulted, derided and every now and then... shot. Sometimes... I am just being an arsehole, but it's always towards the 'right' people. Either way I go it will no doubt lead to some interesting interactions at the very least.

Welcome to the psyche of an emotional and psychological retard.

smiles and skips off

Report Post Tip

Marijuana hears the rodent RocketRaccoonHe walks up to the crowd and clears his throat.

While some people might think I joined this life to smoke some bud, its actually more serious then that. I joined this lifestyle, a long time ago. My ancestors came to these shores for power in the beginning. I mean, thats the mindset of alot of new faces. Though, years of experience went by. My ancestors started to realize, that this lifestyle was all about respect. Power never goes far without respect.

Marijuana disappears back into the crowd, leaving a trail of smoke.

Report Post Tip

Brielle see Rocket stumbling out of the business district, she say back and watched him for a moment just to make sure things were alright. As he started climbing the wall she figured it was time to get a little closer just in case something happened. When approaching him though she realized that he was climbing the wall to make a bit of a speech or more of an inquiry. So she decided since she was already here, might as well hear what he had to say. After listening to his question and letting the others respond first she chimed in.

Now reading through the journals of my past ancestors, firstly this world was a bit of a mystery. It was more a curious nature for them, plus the money was amazing. You know coming off the boat with nothing then finding your way into a family where suddenly you are making more money then you ever thought. It tends to get people hooked. Then as my ancestors began growing so did the want for more. There knowledge of this world grew and with that came the want for more. The one thing that I have seen though from these journals is that yes the money is nice, the power is nice, but the respect... Now the respect is what is it all about.

That is what I hinge this life off of now, the money will be there sometime, the power may or not, but the respect now that is something that lasts. It is something that I was taught from my mother and her, her mother and so fourth.

Plus there are a lot of pretty awesome people in this world, nice to get out and mingle with as many of them as possible.

Brie smiles, tips her hat at Rocket

"Be careful getting down from there, I don't want to have to carry you back to the HQ"

Report Post Tip

Rocket is nodding and swinging his legs while he listens to what everyone has to say and he starts thinking of his ancestors and there journals and what they were working towards in life and before he speaks he waits for the smoke to clear the streets so he is seeable to the people gathering.  

"I always read about my ancestors and what they achieved and most of them that where a success in our business done it with earning respect of other round them if it be with how they done thing or presented themselves so I agree that respect is key to our lifestyle and with great respect, power and money will follow it soon after. So I agree that respect is the greatest of them all."

Rocket smiles over at Brielle.

"Don't worry, I don't weigh too heavy if you have to carry me."

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod wonders out to the street where he hears RocketRaccoon talking. He see's there are a couple of people that followed the speech that the rodent had made, so he pulled out his shiny silver case, opened it up and lit some FIRE marijuana. He takes a couple of good puffs before he waits his turn to speak. As he walks up to the middle he offers the blunt to Brie, Mari and Raccon. Before taking a swig of his whiskey flask, he carried in his back pocket. 

I like what you guys bring up here. These conversations that you guys have brought up here, have made me think bak to what my grand pops would say and think. I had to open up some old family journals to be able to properly say something about this topic. See I remember when Grand Pops came to this thing of ours, to him I think he was just addicted to the fast life. He loved the money, the rise in power and those bold suits always looked shiny. I dont think he knew much about the world at the time...I know he just wanted to get WiseGuy. After being shot twice (once during war and once cause of non sponsor) my lineage was able to move into the Button Men category. All of the sudden it was evident, you excel at certain things and more responsibility is bestowed upon you. Thats when I think Ole Daddy Jones really enjoyed the power aspect, he was loving it out in NY from what I read. But every party must come to an end. Now after many moons, I think a bit different about things here in this thing of ours. 

Not to long ago when my pops came here to cause steam in the HQ of BlackBetty, I don't think he knew what to expect. He just knew he was about to follow a leader that came highly recommended. He knew this was a challenge for Betty, and my lineage has always taken challenges head on. Pops worked hard for my Crew Leader and died in the line of duty. Then when it came time for me to choose, it was almost a singular choice. I had to finish the work my father had started. When I joined Bam Ba Lam, I knew that my fathers place in the family could still be mine. I had to show work, but I would have a chance at it. To be honest I just wanted to work hard for my boss because I wanted to see her take GodFather. She was working way to hard to not earn her chance. Things worked out and my leader made GodFather, I stayed loyal, hard working...moved with her side to the castle. Then a couple of weeks later there was need for another HQ in the district and she literally kicked me out. I wasn't sure, but anything for the family right?!?! 

And here I am. I didn't start with aspirations of getting this far. I just wanted to work hard for my boss and see her rise as far as she could go. I feel like some of the work my father started, I have furthered it forward...and aspire to continue to keep at it. Its just my drive for wanting the best for my family, that keeps me going! Whatever it requires, whatever it takes. In this case my GodFather requested me to be a CL so here I am, indebted to her immensely for the honor. And yet just working away...relentlessly! Hopefully!?!? She's a better judge, but thats my drive. Now as CL its about grooming fantastic members worth calling 'friends of ours'. Members that will make these shores proud!!! 

Report Post Tip

I have to say that this is an interesting topic and it does depend on the people. There is a couple of things that everybody has to agree on. However depending on the person, it depends what they prioritize. In the mafioso world, you can rake up cash and feel secure. If you have bloodline, friends or contacts in the mafia world, your chances are increased into joining this life of crime. Some people can just be down on their luck and someone approached them saying that they have possible work for them. Once in, they might feel as if they belong somewhere and that they have true friends that they can turn to. The security, as mentioned before, makes them feel more powerful and the potential respect from others may be another factor. Now, there are other reasons for sure, but I'm just explaining my insight on a possible situation.

Report Post Tip
All my goal is in this thing of ours, is to survive long enough to make my fore fathers proud.
I want to be able to walk down the street, a street in my city and people look at me with respect.
I want to live for as long as possible in this thing of ours, with peace in all cities.
I want to be a little bit taller.
I want to be a Balla.
I want to have a good looking girl and I will call her.
Wait, that's not right....
Report Post Tip

Those are some pretty far-fetched goals you have there.

Report Post Tip

Cin had listened to the ones that went before her. She had sat and thought about the question. Her hands were beginning to get stiff from the cold wind that was blowing. Suddenly she turned towards RocketRaccoon.

You have posed a question that left me thinking.

What do I want? I want to set the world on fire. Not literally of course because let's face it, burning bodies is not actually pleasant. I would like to inspire people to think for themselves. To watch them grow and bloom within our community. Okay that may be slightly more girly of an idea then even I am comfortable with.

Cin coughs and shakes off the weird girly imagery.

I hope that by standing up for what I believe in that others that have stayed far back into the shadows would do so as well.

What I really want is to see the family I am apart of continue on. To see the members in it continue to grow.

She paused for a moment so she could gather her thoughts once more.

I want to help. Maybe that sounds silly but in whatever capacity I am able to I just want to help out my leader, my fellow co-workers and maybe even change a few perceptions while I am at it.

Smiling Cin wanders out of the group of people. Abruptly finishing her train of thought and moving onto the next drug deal that she could go to.

Report Post Tip

But, if you want to inspire people to think for themselves, are they thinking for themselves? If they wouldn't think for themselves (openly) without your guidance and your thoughts, are they really thinking for themselves? 

And I fail to understand how that is 'girly imagery'. I think it's the norm for people to learn, grow and improve within this world, until the point at which they die, leaving their kin to improve upon their achievements, and I fail to see how this is anything remotely like setting the world on fire.

You are free to have your own opinion on the matter, of course. Just delivering my commentary on your desires, if you will.

Report Post Tip

Girly.. Flowers.. I do not like flowers very much Goto.

Cin wrinkles her nose.

Perhaps just being able to speak up without worrying about being bashed would be nice wouldn't it?

Why don't you switch from commentary and share what it is you want? I'm sure someone might be curious about it.

Report Post Tip

You can choose to worry or not to worry yourself.

Delivering commentary is what I want. My desire is to speak on the streets, and that is what I am doing. So, no, I won't switch.

Then I started thinking is it for the power? money ? respect? or do we want to be feared? 

And all of that would be nice too. 

Report Post Tip

Paranoia overheard an interesting speech being told and decided to listen to those speaking, while thinking about what he could say. There's a million things one could say in response to such a topic, but Paranoia was a pretty simple man. He didn't want much, and it wasn't going to take much to make him happy. Once the other had finished talking he decided to share what it was that he wanted.

If you had asked my father this he would have undoubtedly said he wanted to be a leader. Which in the end he manged to do, but as for me I'm a little more simple. I don't want much and there's nothing in particular that I'm after. Sure, I want money and I wouldn't mind having some power and earning the respect of those around me, but overall I just want to serve my family in whatever ways I possibly can. If I can do that, then I can die a happy man and in the end that's all I really want.  

Having said what he wanted to, Paranoia steps back and lets others speak their minds on the topic at hand.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What do we want?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL