Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 22:29:28
Page:  1 
Ambition and bloodlust Started by: BlackBetty on Mar 26, '15 09:00

I've been pondering this life of ours, Cosa Nostra, this hierarchical system we operate under. We are all here as criminally minded mafiosi who see what we want and aim to take it by whatever means, that's what we do. It's ambition that drives us to make money, earn prestige and gain some personal power within the ranks of our families and for some that drive makes them want to reach to the very top of the tree. Hence I bring this subject up in relation to the ongoing LA project.

I have heard many opinions on this topic, mostly criticism, the question of 'when will it end' 'it's doomed to fail like the other projects of its ilk' 'can't we just get it over with already?' Or other such undertones as hoping that someone from LA will fuck up and attack outside of their zone so they can get a piece of the action, like baying wolves waiting for their next meal. Are people really that desperate for blood that they stand on the sidelines licking their lips hoping for a bite? Waiting around for a failure that they think will come as the perception is that they inevitably do? What's wrong with just letting them have their chance? I mean, are you not entertained?

Sure the people who have taken up the opportunity have bypassed normal channels to get their position in LA and have had sanctions placed upon them as they are an unknown quantity in this regard and are still expected to prove themselves worthy but I fail to see why this is so terrible an idea that it can't be let run to see if these people can make a good go of it. If it goes tits up, so be it, what will have been lost? Only the time and effort of the people who go there and the naysayers can then run around and say 'I told you so!' while they pick over the bones. LA is in a bubble, not affecting or affected by the rest of our cities, if they play by the rules, yet the negativity around it, although not surprising, is disconcerting.

I've always been a fan of the underdog, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. This is the reason I support this project regardless of how it turns out. Remember, an opportunity arose and some ambitious mafiosi took up that challenge of which they have already faced a few and no doubt more to come. I would hope to see this project do well, if only to show that it can be done.

With that I say, more power to your elbow LA'ers, I wish you the best of luck!

Report Post Tip

Hearing BlackBetty's speech, Albino stood before everyone to offer a thought for everyone to share.

"I, too, have seen a lot of negativity regarding the LA Project, but I'm all for it. This may seem very contradictory being that I'm not participating, but that's because it isn't the way I want to rise or engage. I don't want to battle it out to rise in the "rankings", for want of a better word. I would much rather earn loyalty and trust and earn my stripes that route.

However, people who are sharing their disagreement with the LA Project are looking at it from the wrong angle, in my opinion. For them to be disagreeing with it, they must obviously agree with myself in some way - either they disagree with the "easy" chance to take power or perhaps they just see it as a complete waste of time or they disagree with the way gaining control works or some other reason. But they haven't considered that maybe those who have chosen to set up in LA may think that about our way of doing things? Perhaps the LA goers believe there should be an all-bets-off approach to this world and by having the freedom to do whatever they choose (or more-so, at least), it is more realistic for them and therefore their choice on how to partake in this thing of ours, instead of our more traditional 'climb-the-ladder' approach.

Perhaps people just have different ideas and opinions on how this thing of ours and growing within it should work - doesn't mean either are wrong."

After finishing thinking aloud, Albino waited to hear the opinions of others.

Report Post Tip
Interesting BlackBetty. I'll quickly give my stance on the negativity surrounding this project, before I move on to the bloodlust part.
The negativity I think is more an example of a sad state of mind that a lot of people on our streets possess. I suspect it's a combination of being old-fashioned, passive, pessimist and fearful. Anything people didn't think of themselves or they don't have the courage to try for themselves, they put away as being stupid. In this world of so called businesspeople chasing fame and wealth, majority is a conservative bunch better at shooting stuff down then at building things up. I could expand my arguments for this, but that's for a different time.

Regarding the bloodlust. Well that's maybe a combination of the fearful state of mind I mentioned before and the "wanting a piece of the action" as you describe it. Secretly a lot of people will like the idea of going in, blasting some fools and taking over the reigns of LA. But probably they're not that confident in their abilities to take over and lead afterwards, so they don't take that jump into uncertainty. But they still have that desire to do more then just sit by idly in this world and hope for that rare chance to come by and actually move up the ladder. I think it's not really bloodlust that people have, rather unconfessed boredom. LA is chaotic with slim chances of survival, but some of these men or women make more name for themselves in a day then others do in a lifetime. Sure they failed, but they died while trying. That's better then dying while observing and criticising. Each and everyone has a drive to go out there, explore and try new things, but society seems to have mapped a preferred route and people are afraid of leaving that road, despite the fact that for most it's merely an infinite loop without a final goal. Of course, we can't confess that, because that makes us weak and if we don't change it, ignorant to our own misery of indecision.

Sure, I can't be this extreme and generalise our population, but I suspect I'm not far from the truth here for a lot of people.
Well, I can say more, but no doubt more people will participate in this discussion you started, BlackBetty!
Report Post Tip

I, personally, am not a fan of the Los Angeles thing. It's not for the reason of blood lust though.

You could be one of the better leaders that goes over there but if someone wants your spot, it's possible you will be gone on tomorrow. This seems like such a waste to me. It's not so much that these guys are stepping out of the traditional way to gain auth but that they can do so, risk everything and possibly just die for it. That to me is a waste.

They get their small HQ's and a chance to lead, yes. They just don't get all the responsibilities with going into your own district. They don't get to achieve Godfather, they don't get the 40 man HQ and they certainly don't get to be in attendance for meetings discussing policies of our community.

Leading is more than just having an HQ that you can have some people in. Logically to me this is not the brightest idea for anyone aspiring to be a leader.

But there is a bit of hope. If you can manage to stay there long enough perhaps the Godfathers will allow the taking of Godfather. I would really like to see that because Los Angeles deserves to be as stable as any of the other cities. More than just a blood bath at any rate. It deserves to truly prosper.

Report Post Tip

Rocket listens to BlackBetty and when she finishes  he steps forward to have his say on the subject.

"I am one for the project in LA, I think it brings something different to our community than it just being a normal run city like the rest. It gives the people who join the city leadership and the power to run there own family how they want aslong as its in the project rules. Also I think it brings entertainment to our world because when you look over at LA you are always thinking whats going to happen over there next. 

They all know whats they get themselves into and what can happen while over there, I myself wouldn't take the risk but if people want to take that risk its up to them they are not effecting the other cities. 

I agree with what you are saying Cin they are not getting the full responsibilities of running a family or district with the limits they have but they might not get chance to run a family at all if this project wasnt in place. I also hope to see LA be stored again with a healthy run community."

Rocket steps back into crowd.

Report Post Tip

Brielle had taken a stroll over to the Godmothers HQ to drop off a couple of envelopes, Betty came out the doors and walked right into the streets. She had something on her mind and went out with a purpose to tell everyone. Brie knew this was going to be important so she tucked the envelopes into her pocket and listened to what she had to say. After listening she decided to add her 2 cents:

There no question whats so ever that people have a taste for blood, I mean when your status in this world revolves around the size of the gun you carry with you of course there will always be people wanting more. The thought of increasing one's gun size supersedes almost everything else. Now this isn't the case for everyone here but I would say probably a good 90% +. So yeah when something like this arises it gives the sense, like it has in the past, that one day it will fail everyone will perish and then the bodyguards of the deceased will start scrambling around waiting to be plucked off. It is just the mindset of this world, not sure it will ever change. 

In regards to the LA project I for one like the concept of it is fun, definitely makes it interesting to watch. As an example the outcome of yesterday, it was fun to watch for the little bit of time that things played out. Though at what point does that get boring? Or will it ever get boring? As long as there is something of someone to kill, people will be waiting with their hands on their revolvers.

Brielle tips her hat to the crowd and proceeds inside the HQ to make her drop. 

Report Post Tip

Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?! This this not why you are HERE???

Well the entertainments been non stop since the day LA opened its doors to the Gold Rush. I for one did not know what to expect of this venture out west, but I have always been a proponent of allowing new faces put on the bold suit. Now as we have heard from certain previous CL's from LA already...wearing is a bold suit isn't all as sexy as it sounds. It comes with its pressures and demands. Not everyone is cut out for that life, some of them ill prepared for it. None the less the project has come along better than I expected. 

First we started with this guy who wanted to piss on doors and paint the doors in LA black...dumb! Dumb! And Dumber!!! But hey blood was spilled, order was restored. What followed after is something I didn't expect. People from good and bold lineage joined the Gold Rush! Thats when LA really caught my attention. Now we are seeing something rise from the ashes per say. This was suppose to be the WILD WILD WEST!!! And from the wild we are seeing a certain order rise. An organization of sorts. The leaders in LA at the moment have sorta bridged the gap between the wilderness of the Wild and civility, necessary for expansion of the criminal empire. They have come together to form a conglomeration of sorts. They stand together now and do things like most of the other cities in the country do...working as one. 

Does that right there not show how far this thing has come along? As I said I wasn't sure where this was going to go. 20 man HQ's or not, these guys are rising to the occasion and making this city function as a single unit. For that they have to be applauded. We are seeing an organization rise from the wilderness...I NEVER expected that! Maybe others did...I just didn't see it. Thats definitely a positive sign from the West. 

As far the blood lust is concerned, its a part of our world. "THERES BLOOD IN THE WATER! Theres blood in the water!!!" the wolves and the sharks can smell it from miles away. Its just the greed for blood that kills. No one can say that LA hasn't been chaotic. Chaos usually leads to funerals in our world, and I mean can we blame the wolves waking up when someone starts a little chaos?!!? I definitely don't support the idea that people should be licking their chops looking at how things are unfolding...but I can't deny the natural reactions. The wolves love to eat and last night the prey was FrankUnderwood and Percival. I guess I can't even call them wolves, now that I think about it. Cause vulturing isn't the same as preying on something...but yet with every chaotic situation the wolf pack awakes. Its not something unusual, can't blame the wolves from being wolves, its like asking a dog not to bark! But the level of organization showed by LA so far should do well to keep the wolves away from the city.  

With that said, you've done well so far LA, beating expectations and turning this thing into a organized crime city. I love my OC's out there. So I wish you the best of luck as you rebuild this great city in the name of the mob. 

Report Post Tip

It's good to see you stretching your vocal chords again, Boss. You have so much you can teach a whole generation of mobsters.

I have been one of the more vocal critics of the LA project, particularly towards some of the people who have gone over there. I found them to have rushed in their decision and then being completely unrelenting in not admitting it. However, we've seen a change in the last week or so... the standard of people moving there has been higher and therefore, LA has started to resemble a stable city that mobsters should be happy to work for. 

The alliance that has been created over there is about the most sensible thing anyone has done there so far. However, I do believe there are still some 'weak links' in that chain. Apparently Percival was one of them... duelling Frank when there was absolutely no need to. They need to weed out these sort of people who have a high chance of causing them problems further down the line and with the current majority of people coming off the boat now carrying around an LA tag, I can see  these problems starting to arise sooner, rather than later.

However, the Frank 'war' did make me think that maybe there is hope for LA and my opinion of that city in general has definitely gone up seeing what has unfolded recently there. Only time will tell if that is false hope.

I don't think I had a desperation for blood by picking at some of the LA leaders, I had a desperation for common sense, which until recently, was severely lacking over there. More of a 'kick up the arse' from my point of view.

Report Post Tip

I think, just like how immensely satisfying  it is to see the underdog win, it is also extremely satisfying and amusing to see a fool rush in and get killed. This is why some (and occasionally, me) like to see some blood being spilled in Los Angeles.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ambition and bloodlust
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL