Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 20:32:02
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Your secret identity Started by: Curtis on Mar 26, '15 12:18

Another call about crossed wires and hidden identities had needlessly taken more time out of Curtis' day. He poured himself a large brandy and sat back in his luxurious office chair. He'd been having the same conversation and giving the same explanation for some time now and it needed to have a line drawn under it. All the calls and crossed wires were threatening to hamper efficiency so he decided to go into the streets and the points public. Arriving at his favorite local plaza he addressed the crowd.

"There have been some issues of late, arising from people wishing to remain incognito. It is common for these types to use disguises and pseudonyms to enable them to protect their lineage from the world around them. This is fine in most places and it would be in New York except for various systemic issues that arise when trying to do our business. Because of this I have had to draw a line with it all, and this is that line; If you want to live and work in New York, you will have to accept this simple rule:

Your incog is for other people, not for us. You will be expected to give full lineage disclosure to your leader, your Godfather and to me. Once that has been established we will happily protect your identity to anyone, inside or outside of the city. You will be free to do as you please regarding disclosure of your secret but when it comes to your leaders, there will be no withholding of information.

This is not up for discussion. If you are so precious about your special little secret that you can't accept this, I recommend you go and live somewhere else. New York is not for you."

Taking his time to unscrew the cap from his flask, he looked around at the watching faces to make sure the simple point had sunk in before taking a swig of the creature and returning the flask to his jacket.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
A very bold move, Godfather Curtis and excellent to see that you place such importance on protecting your city and members. I certainly look forward to seeing how this plays out in the long run. Kudos.
Report Post Tip

Your incog is for other people, not for us. You will be expected to give full lineage disclosure to your leader, your Godfather and to me. Once that has been established we will happily protect your identity to anyone, inside or outside of the city. You will be free to do as you please 

Honestly Godfather Curtis, that sounds more then a fair deal for those who wish to hide their linage.  I'm all for it. 

Report Post Tip

I agree, this is great move for protecting your city. If they have nothing to hide they shouldn't be a problem revealing there lineage to their new Crew leader.

Report Post Tip

And to those new to these shores? Are they to be shot down when they explain to you and the other heads of New York that they have never been a part of this thing of ours, nor has anyone in their bloodline? I just don't see a good reason for demanding this information, other than to keep track of certain people because you are unable to give their next of kin a fresh slate. Never in my long line do I have any ancestors that took note of any of their leaders demanding this information from them. There are plenty of leaders out there folks that will give your next of kin a fresh start like they should.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Although I understand where you are coming from AfghanMango, I do believe our friends in the Big Apple have had to use this as a last resort because of 1 or 2 particular bloodlines repeatedly causing them harm from the inside. Once these bloodlines get over their childish vendetta's, Curtis and his city will be able to recruit more openly again.

As you stated, there are plenty of other places new people to our shores can go. This isn't something I'd be in favour of in Philadelphia either but we haven't been having the problems New York have so although I don't particularly approve of Curtis' stance here, I feel it is very easy to see why he has chosen this direction.

Least the man knows what he wants and doesn't mince his words about it. Much more preferable to the proverbial 'fence sitters'.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Curtis isn't doing anything remotely to what you're suggesting AfghanMango. 

In New York I can firmly say that anyone who is willing to work for us will be given the chance. Every fresh new civilian trying to make a life full of crime who is willing to do so in New York, will always be given the fresh start. The fresh slate. I have done this a few times in my own crew even and I have seen this throughout the whole city as well.

Godfather Curtis is just stating what is already being done in New York. Along with that, I can see where the dishonesty can be very disrespectful towards someone who is willing to go to bat for you and protect you just like everyone else under him. In my own time on these shores I have never been incognito towards my leader. Not a single time. Why? Because I think anyone who's willing to accept my forefathers and protect them into their city, is owed the right to know who they are. 

I think you are trying to turn this into something it is clearly not.

Report Post Tip

Firstly, if you don't trust your leader, why are you joining that family to begin with? Secondly, if you want to be "incog", be "incog". Discard all previous affiliations, vendettas and alliances; never deviate from that, treat everything objectively and free of prejudice and then your "incog" will never be busted. This is actually what every new generation should be doing anyway.

The problem is in 99% of cases they don't do that. In reality they employ an "incog" invariably to fuck me in the ass by killing members of my family. I'm not sure about any of you, but I personally don't like getting ass fucked and I'm not burying any more of my family because we "play by the rules" giving people chances only to end up with fingers that are so badly burned, I'm in need of two new hands.

Report Post Tip

I am slightly curious on one thing though. I thought the Gods frowned upon forcing people to disclose their line. Has something changed that now allows it?

Report Post Tip

You need to remember, this is entirely optional. And there are a couple of key points that are being ignored for the sake of argument by Afghan and Cin.

1 - No one is asking you to come and live in New York. If you don't like the terms, go and live somewhere else. Done.

2 - No one is being asked to uncover themselves publicly. As stated, the incog's identity will be protected by their leader, Godfather and me once it is known. Numerous incogs currently enjoy this level of identity protection in New York already.

These are clear answers to your questions that were in my very simple original statement. If you paid even a little attention, you would have noticed them right away.

Report Post Tip

Why should the Gods play any role in that in the first place, Cin? These are temporal affairs. My business is not run by deities, despite the light glowing from behind Al Sharpton's ears. 

Report Post Tip

Doesn't matter whether they should or not Al_Capone. I just thought there was something from them in place against this. I could be wrong which is why I bothered to ask.

Report Post Tip

Cin, again, its OPTIONAL. You fucking cretin.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Name calling is a bit unnecessary Sir.  Especially when I am just asking a question on something I thought was still effect. I already said I could be wrong on that, which is why I was asking at all.

Thank you for your time though. Have a wonderful day.

Report Post Tip

I think, when it gets to the point of having to provide you with an answer three times in a very short space of time, the label I saddled you with was probably an accurate one. 

Report Post Tip

Personally I cant see what the problem is here as stated if you don't want to disclose who you are then don't go to NY, I don't in any way find this unreasonable also I am pretty sure if you did go to NY and disclose your history and any problems you have with the outside world they would not only keep that amongst themselves but also help to keep you safe, so for the majority it's a good thing it's a shame measures have had to be taken at all really but you will always have people trying to cause trouble.

Report Post Tip

Curtis sir, As i read cins' last post, He was simply confirming where his line of thought came from. It didn't strike me as a repeat of the question. In addition, He spoke twice, and only once did he actually phrase any question at all. With respect due your rank, I think you were perhaps more harsh then was needed under the circumstance.

i had been under a similar impression upon my own first reading of your ruling. After i read over your response, I concur that your action is something i applaud, but i could see why the question was asked. 

Report Post Tip

I must say, I find it bizarre that a man who's very position, and possibly existence, is owed to a man that he is now out here questioning.

Perhaps effort would be better invested into developing your own name and reputation instead of questioning a man who has clearly built his own from the ground up.  

Report Post Tip

Curtis sir, As i read cins' last post, He was simply confirming where his line of thought came from. It didn't strike me as a repeat of the question. In addition, He spoke twice, and only once did he actually phrase any question at all. With respect due your rank, I think you were perhaps more harsh then was needed under the circumstance.

First Cin is of a female gender. 

Secondly, its fairly odd for someone to defend someone else while your whole existence is based off of something Godfather Curtis created.

Godfather Curtis gave a ruling on something that has nothing to do with the rest of the general world. It is only affiliated within New York's border. Too harsh even? Trust me that wasn't too harsh. 

Should we go back to Goto's speech about bullying? 

Report Post Tip

A perfectly reasonable request, most leaders do ask questions to assertain bloodline anyway, so I don't see why there is an issue.   Each family has its own rules, each district has them, so New York as a city can implement whatever they feel is necessary for to maintain a well running business.

The only thing I can see is that some may lie, which I'm sure is already factored in, in order to join.  I mean when I fly and the cute little check-in girl asks if I'm carrying any prohibited items I don't say yes.  If somebody was worried about repercussions of disclosing the information to the NY leadership then I'm not sure why they'd even look to make home there in the first place?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Your secret identity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL