Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 19:57:55
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Your secret identity Started by: Curtis on Mar 26, '15 12:18

Touch something hot and expect to be burned. 

I found the ruling itself fairly reasonable, and since it only applies to New York there shouldn't really be an issue with it.

As for our friend from Los Angeles defending Cin, I think he has all the right to do so. He did it in a very respectful manner and I don't think he should refrain from voicing his opinion due to 'owing' his position to  good Godfather Curtis. I didn't agree with what he said, but I think he should be free to say it nonetheless.

Report Post Tip

I agree, there is no reason to get on Philli's back. He raised something he was entitled to, in a perfectly respectful manner. No harm in that.

To clarify to you Philli; The specific answer that was sought has been provided three times by me. In my initial speech, when I was asked about it and again on the third occasion, hence my replies and the subsequent fraying of my patience. I don't really think it needs further discussion.

Report Post Tip

Blackwod strolls out to where GodFather Curtis was speaking. He listens intently to all the speakers before him and then walks to the center of the conversation. 

I agree with GF Curtis 100% when it comes to addressing incog status. I myself have drilled potential members initially to reveal their previous lineage to me. Now everyone has their opinion on how they would like to approach this, but I stand here shoulder to shoulder with the GF when I say. You may want to hide your identity from the rest of the world, but there is no hiding anything from me as your leader. Come clean, tell us who you are. Obviously your inclusion in the organization is going to be based on what we think of your lineage at times...but be open about, even we believe in second chances. And once we know who you are, continue as usual. Because I certainly would like to know who I am working with. And if you choose to LIE to me...well expect a bitter moment of TRUTH later!!! Its really about trust is how I boil this down, if you can't trust your leader(s) with this information, you don't belong in that organization....just as simple as that. 

So come clean, trust is a two way street. Your information will be protected, but hiding this from me is the equivalent of LYING to me...and I don't take well to deception very well. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Fair enough sir. perhaps I'm still not as up on my rest as I ought to be. 
I thank you for your words on my behalf.
Report Post Tip

Brielle decided to take a stroll with Blackwod to go listen to Godfather Curtis speak, she listened to his speech and then the ongoing conversation until there was a pause in the talks. At this point she decided to weigh her opinion on this matter.

Now I for one completely agree with agree with the godfather, this is a rule that is put into effect by New York. This is their city and they have every right to run it how they see fit. Like Curtis stated New York isn't the only city in this world, there are more then plenty other options out there.

Now in the regards to the whole incog issue, i again agree. There should be no keeping secret from your CL or GF, and most anyone of them would be more then happy to keep your incog secret with just them and/or the upper structure. Trust goes a long way in this world, seems a lot of people have a hard time understanding that.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Chairman Curtis, I cannot help but applaud your bold stance and equally bold defense of your stance in the face of certain voices that seem to go out of their way to take issue with everything that is done to further the progression of our world. 

Please allow me to speak bluntly for a moment.

I am speaking as the latest in a line that has not too distantly held the position of Godmother. I am speaking from a line that has lead multiple times and a line where nearly every member has at least become a hand at some point in their lifespan. I am speaking from a line that has given people chances, people who have shown that it was right to give them chances, and I am speaking from a line that has been burned for giving people chances, the last instance of this being when a relative of ChristianoRonaldo took a shot at a right hand from your city, Godfather Curtis. I do not offer my opinion on this matter from sheer ignorance, or from my own personal feelings of being wronged. I've seen giving people who have wanted to remain incog work out fantastically well, and incredibly badly. I've seen both sides of the coin on this one.

The thing is, some people incog for their own reasons. They do it because they want to get away from their bloodlines past, they do it because they want to have a fresh start, or because they wish to break away from peoples expectations of their bloodline. Sometimes they do it because they fear that their bloodline will be hunted if people know it, usually due to the actions of an ancestor. In my experience, somebody who is choosing to hide their identity for that reason probably isn't going to present any issues further down the line. 

Some people, however, do it to be cunts. I'm sorry to put it so bluntly and in such an unladylike fashion, but I'm not one to waste my words, and the top and bottom of it is, that is why they do it. They do it to pass under the radar whilst they prepare to fuck somebody, usually the person who took them in, over. 

Without taking a stance like the one Godfather Curtis has taken, as a leader, you basically bend over and invite yourself to be screwed by these people over and over again. 

If you cannot trust your leader enough with your incog, you shouldn't have joined that leader to start with. 

It might not be the most popular move in certain circles, but I can fully see why this is necessary. I hope things work out well for you in this move, Godfather Chairman, because it is not only prudent, but to be honest, in some ways, downright advisable. 

Report Post Tip
I like it and I have done it.
Report Post Tip

but I personally don't like getting ass fucked

We all know thats a lie, Barry...

Anyway.. some panties seem twisted over this, personally I'm ambivalent. I don't see any reason for this to be an issue. As Barry said, if you don't trust that leader enough to disclose your family line.. why are you working for them? There are plenty of options available to you out there. So that leaves only one reason.. to fuck NY(Barry) in the ass and so NY are well within their rights to be suspicious and demand this information from its members.

Report Post Tip

To be clear. We are not demanding anything from anyone. If you do not wish to comply with our requests during the recruitment process you are more than welcome to seek housing elsewhere. We will not be hounding people for their information if they show no intention of being forthcoming. 

If you aren't trusting of your leaders why should your leaders be trusting of you? And personally, I would never recruit someone I didn't trust to not try and screw my family, my city, my friends, or myself. 

Report Post Tip

Sounds pretty cool. Only caveat is that we're gonna have people coming around saying "I'm Mother... I'm SecretAgent..." I suppose people could do that now, and just might, but "I'M NEW!!!" is still a course of action for you incogs, you. Some of you play it well. 

Report Post Tip

Vladimir steps up after listening to the many responses to his dearest Godfather Chairman's speech. He stands for a moment silently with Dr_KennethNoisewater's words repeating in his head.

"If you aren't trusting of your leaders why should your leaders be trusting of you?"

Followed by the words reitterated by almost half the people in attendance...

"...more than welcome to seek housing elsewhere."

After a deep breath he begins to speak to everyone presently willing to hear.

I for one fail to see what the fuss is about. Everyone is not being held to this standard. Only people wishing asylum in NY. And I don't understand the issue with it, nor do our incog members... None have voiced any concern or worry. Nor have any brought up any feelings of being bent over barrel and fucked. They saw what was needed of them and had the option to enter or leave. 

We aren't turning anyone away do to their bloodline. We are just requesting that share it with us, and if you wish, with us alone. Trust us, and in turn we will trust you.

Report Post Tip
Well personally i neither agree nor disagree with what was said. This is a NY issue so hence no concern to me but on the flip side... To answer the question of respect and trust, that is a two way street. I personally believe that respect is earned not given. I will never expect respect from anyone if i havent earned it. Further more this "protection of incog people", i do not know you curtis so i will not say anything more than this: my bloodline has placed that same trust and been burned many times. How pray tell, do you assure your potential recruits that you will give an honest effort in keeping their secret? Surely you can sympathize where i am coming from cause i highly doubt that im the only one who has had this problem before?
Report Post Tip

"Well Vengeance, I can understand your position but anything I say to you on your point will just appear to be lip service. Any leader professing to protect your identity will say the same things and none will sound more or less convincing than any other. Because of this I would just say the truth of our actions here will be seen over time.

No one here is asking anyone to take any risks. If you want to be here, this is the reality you face. If you can't accept that, we wish you all the best in your life, wherever that may be."

Report Post Tip

As a brief followup, a question raised got me thinking, and i did some record checking. It turns out that the gods did make a ruling on these situations. However, their ruling was only against people who require Certificate proof (screenshots) of bloodlines. So as Godfather curtis has not asked for such, The gods ruling does not, in point of fact, apply here.

Report Post Tip
I do understand your point of view with revealing the certain secret identities to allow an entrance into New York. It is a rule people have to abide to even if they are against it. However, what is to stop from lying about it? Exile? How will you figure it out? I know there are ways, but it is possible to hide it from you.
Report Post Tip

*Zeitgeist is happening by when he overhears a mild ruckus in the streets*

I don't see what the fuss is about personally. How Godfather Curtis chooses to run his city is his business. The reasons Godfathers have their place in our community is because they have earned them. Clearly a man such as him has proven his decisions and choices are clearly sound. People clearly support him and trust him to lead the city.

How does it effect you?

It doesn't. If you don't like having to reveal your identity to your leader, then don't go to New York? If you have such a fucked up family line that you can't fess up to the mistakes they have made then perhaps you need to have a long hard look at yourself. Or you know go to another city? There are 6 after all.

Personally, I don't have any issue with the policy. You work for a city you should pledge a certain level of loyalty. If you are of the notion that you carry none of the prestige or the stink of your father that is your right. Just as it is a Godfathers right to choose how he is going to govern his city.

The truth is people love to complain. You have options.

So perhaps shut the fuck up and move along?

Report Post Tip

Jaci stood quietly on the street among the other mafia men and women listening to Godfather Curtis's speech and responses to it from those standing near by.  She found herself nodding her head in agreement to much of what was being said as she sipped from a bottle of Naughty and Nice.  Finally, she managed to get just enough liquid courage inside of her before she decided to address the crowd.

She walked slowly toward the front, parting the crowd as she went and handing out small bottles of Naughty and Nice.

I agree completely with Godfather Curtis.  In this world of Honor, Trust, Loyalty, and Respect that we find ourselves in, shouldn't we act on these things?  Or should we only just say the words and act as if they mean something to us?  If I am to expect these from my crew and leaders, shouldn't they also be able to expect them from me?  Godfather Curtis has the right and power to rule over and protect New York in whatever way he sees fit.  If this doesn't appeal to you or your kin, there are another options out there, feel free to take those paths.

She drifts back in to the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Why would that be a rule just for New York? We all more or less know who is who... If not now sooner or later.

Report Post Tip

I can't believe this actually has become a discussion...

A rule set by a Godfather is not something one even should begin debating about, this thing of ours isn't really a democracy. Is it?

Anyways, besides that, I do agree with Godfather Curtis - not because he's a Godfather - but because it is pure logic.
Well, it is to me.

Report Post Tip

A rule set by a Godfather is not something one even should begin debating about, this thing of ours isn't really a democracy. Is it?

Nevertheless, I feel that any speech, idea or rule made publicly in these streets is open to discussion, or so it should be in my opinion. If people want to give others their opinion and discuss this rule, it is their right, in my eyes. Otherwise this place would be really dull.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Your secret identity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL