Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 23:12:25
Page:  1 
A Letter From The Past Started by: BostonGeorge on Mar 26, '15 16:33

It was a rainy Thursday afternoon and I had just arrived home from the hospital. It was a normal meeting spot for Lexi and I as it was always easier to talk business while she worked since she practically lived there. None the less I walk to my closet, removed my belonging from my jacket and feel something else inside I hadn't before.

Something was tucked inside this old winter coat that I had never noticed before in a secret pocket. Putting my other items on the table I eagerly opened the pocket and revealed a sealed letter in an envelope that wasn't addressed to anyone. Raising the letter to the light I found to my dissatisfaction that is was not a fortune or any monetary value, but a note or letter from someone.

Getting up from the chair, I held the envelope tightly as I made my way back to my office quarters. I opened the letter breaking the wax seal with a small knife and removed the piece of stationary from the envelope. Turning a small light on I unfolded the letter, but part of it was missing where the date was. All I could tell is that this letter had been sitting in the coat for many years waiting to be read.

Dearest next of kin,

If you have found this letter within the pockets of this overcoat then my time as the Godfather of St. Louis has come to an end. A series of unfortunate events have led us to this night and I can't move forward without making sure someone remembers what we stand for. I along with a lot of respectable people have put there blood sweat and tears into making St. Louis a place of respect where men and women of mafia worked together with rackets and money laundering. We are a small community, but a tight knit family working together to get the job done. 

Knowing I am no longer with you I have uncertainties upon those who may be left or who have past alongside me. I have put my whole trust into Batman and SuperX to make the right decision moving forward if anything should happen. They will make the right decision and save as many lives as they can with what they have left.

We survived on keeping to ourselves and remaining practical, but nobody lives forever remember this. Earlier today I was approached by two very important Godfathers in Roman and Premier. The Godfather in which were in control of there respected cities flew into St. Louis to meet with me over a war that was taking place between Las Vegas and New Orleans attacking Los Angeles. The attackers were beating a dead horse and the other Godfathers decided that it was time to step in. Remaining neutral the men asked my opinion on the matter and if I was interested in siding with them if they were to approach the attackers. Knowing the prestige and respect I had for these two Godfathers I had to make the right decision, the decision that would change everything for the better.

We called for a meeting with the heads of New Orleans and Las Vegas and asked them for a cease fire. We were firm in our decision and I feel like the fire might be cooling down. Myself coming from New Orleans have put myself out there and for that reason I am writing this to my future ancestors to know I fought for what was right. The decision I made today to back these men and there families was the right call. I am not sure where my allegiances will go from here, but I am ready to relax it has been a hectic day.

Signed sincerely,

-BostonGeorgeJung

I folded the paper and paused for a moment knowing the outcome of that fateful night and the events that followed. New Orleans had kept there peace for a few hours then attacking Los Angeles first and a few hours later they came for old Georgie. I placed the paper back in the envelope and back into the coat I had found it in I hung the coat back up in the closet where it had came from.

To be so lucky to have found a piece of his own lineage was a great day, if you could find a piece of your past what do you think your ancestors would have to say to you? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Letter From The Past
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL