Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 05:14:01
Page:  1 
Sunday Sermon "Famliy Matters. Started by: Reverend_Al_Sharpton on Mar 29, '15 22:04

Sunday Church Service Pt.2

The choir was singing loudly. Rev. Al sat back in his chair looking out into the congregation with a smile. Rev. Al had foreseen all of this. Was it a prophesy or was it just the hard work of one man, Rev. Al.  Rev. took a comb from his robe pocket and began to comb his hair, using long strokes that started from the front of his head and ending at the back. From the looks, last weeks service had brought in extra visitors from around the mafia world. To Rev. Al this was a chance to gain more prophets, more followers and more recognition around the community. Rev. was exactly where he wanted to be and in the exact position he wanted to be in, which was leader of the strongest church in this thing of ours.

Rev. Al stood up in the pulpit and walked toward the podium. In a soft, heavy voice, just as the organ began playing, Rev. Al says

Today is a new day, a new light and I'm feeling good!

First off, I'd like to thank all in attendance today. Might I also add a very special welcome back to those that attended the "God's Gifts...Share Them...With The Anointed" (http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/555174#97303812) sermon last Sunday here at New Mount Olive Church of Deliverance Divine Tabernacle Outreach Baptist Church of Seven Day Evangelist.

Sermon

Todaaaayy (it was amazing how Rev. Al's voice could go from soft spoken, to the tone of a Southern Baptist Preacher in a split second), I'd like to discuss "Family Matters".....yes yes yes....Family (Rev. Al points to the left side of the congregation).......Matters (Rev. Al points to the right side of the congregation).

When we think of "Family" we think of love ones, the ones we care most for, and relatives. All of which signifies the very definition of family, but family means so much more. Family stretches far beyond blood types and cousins. Family can be whoever you my choose, trust, confide in and depend on.

The Supreme Church...this is my family and I treat them as such, because we all know what our given task are and how we will achieve those task. Some take family for granted. Allowing any and everyone into their "family" for the mere sake of saying they have a large family. One thing we must remember is the size of the family doesn't matter, but the family matters.

Let me say that again, the size of the family doesn't matter, but the Family Matters.

There seems to be an unwritten rule that God endorses strong families. Now the key would in that sentence is "Strong"...do we mean strong as in the amount of strength or strong as in the amount of strength, in faith, within that family? The Bible says that someone with faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain. But church that's the smallest amount of faith effort someone can put forward. Imagine the faith of a watermelon. With faith that size could I not move a island? Who's to say we can't? You know why? Because with faith in your family, what really matters...is all that counts.

Sometimes you may think to yourself "Did I do that?". Well, if you where showing faith in yourself and your family, you did do that.

I'd like to leave you with a scripture...turn your bibles to Proverbs 11:29 and it reads,

29  He who brings trouble on his family will inherit only wind, and the fool will be servant to the wise.

To sum things up...Family matters, size doesn't, faith in ones family creates strong foundations. Those with the most faith will become the wisest, fools will be the servants of the wise. Why you may ask? Because it starts with family and family matters.

Rev. Al points for the collection plates to go around the church and says,

Give people! Give with a kind heart and open mind! Support the church, but most importantly the leader of it. Make all payments to Rev. Al and not New Mount Olive Church of Deliverance Divine Tabernacle Outreach Baptist Church of Seven Day Evangelist.

See you next week saints! Same time, same place and bring a friend.

THE DOORS OF THE CHURCH ARE OPEN

Report Post Tip

A busy week since The Reverend's last sermon had culminated in the death of an associate but the recruitment of a few more. Cody and Lucius were wise guys now and they continued to spread the Church's influence like ivy across Summerlin rackets. Philip Peterson and Deacon-RobinBanks were the latest, and Alphonse hoped they would follow suit. They were small potatoes yet but who was counting? Capone watched the sermon from a standing position at the side of the church, adjacent to the first row of seats.

Family, he thought to himself, as the latest, overwhelming incarnation of the Durden crew came to mind. They'd come out of hiding once more and cut into the daily routines of mafiosi across North America, but were typically dealt with as quickly as they always are. Their lack of criminal pedigree forever held them in a sort of purgatory, . The Durdens were neither Italian nor Jewish, neither Polish or Chinese. They were barely Irish, to tell you the truth, and the Paddy gangs treated them like the plague on account of the mob having your ass if you did business with 'em. Modern lepers of the Cosa Nostra, boun' anima, and good riddance. 

From his spot, Capone watched the churchgoiers and waited to see if anyone would greet Sharpton after the days service. 

Report Post Tip
What a service. A word to the people, for the people. Its amazing how just as Jesus walked the deserts of Egypt, I too walk the deserts here in LV. Two men on a mission, with a plan, a destiny, a common goal, to serve a higher power. LV shall be restored and the anticipation for recreation has been set upon this foundation. Often I contemplate are the realization of these given aspects achievable. As most can see my verbal intelligence initiates competent dialect, in which the people focus mainly on the supreme verbiage and the destination it leads them. Brother Al_Capone do you understand what I mean here?
Report Post Tip

They say that when you live among the locals, you pick up the language. Alphonse knew Sharpton well enough to write the dictionary. 

"Anybody ever told you you'd have a home on the radio, Reverend?", Al asked slightly in jest but mostly in earnest. Sometimes he could captivate a congregation so smoothly, and at such length, it was like butter wouldn't have melted in his mouth. He had the gift of gab, and it was on the mantelpiece of his character; the tenacity of a salesman and authority of a pastor. 

"Isn't Vegas blessed to have us here?", he added, sardonically, as the golden collection plates - brand new - sparkled in the aisles. 

Report Post Tip

Service was over. Almost everyone was gone. But his quarry was still there. Gathering his bible and smiling. Thinking no one knew about his past and what he had done.

Redeemer-of-Souls had his target. The doors of the church opened, and Redeemer entered.

He approached his target...grabbing him by his suit coat and lifting him off the ground.

"I HAVE BEEN TOLD OF YOUR CRIMES! YOU ARE GUILTY!"

Redeemer's eyes glowed red as he stared the man in his eyes.

The man burst into flames, then almost instantly to ash.

There was no damage to the pews or floor strangely enough. Not even a scorch mark.

Redeemer felt he should explain his actions to the pastor/priest or whatever man or woman led the church....

"TO THE LEADER OF THIS CHURCH! FORGIVE MY INTRUSION! FOR I AM A HERALD OF HEAVEN, SENT TO JUDGE THE WICKED!"

Report Post Tip

Rev. Al watched as Redeemer-of-Souls came, made fire and left just as quick as he came. Was he really taking souls Rev. Al thought. Would he take my soul Rev. thought. I am indeed a man of God, but are my actions unjustifiable? Does God not tell his people to offer and tithe 10% to me? So many questions, so many thoughts.

Rev. Al stood up from his seat and said,

Congregation do you not see what just happened before our eyes? Do you still not believe? Open your purse and share your wealth with the ole Rev. for it may mean life or death.

Rev. Al notions for the collection plate holders to make another round thru the church

Give with a kind heart people!

Report Post Tip

Redeemer stood outside the door of the church, listening to the reverend.

"You are guilty preacher, we all are. But your time has not yet come. There is more work to be done first.....on both of our ends" Redeemer said to himself.

He looked to the sky and closed his eyes. A tear ran down his face. He knew the work he had to do. He did not like it, but it was God's decree for him. He decided to go back in and speak to the reverend.

He walked to the office, and opened the door.

"You are the reverend? The spiritual leader of this place? I need to speak with you. I have been given a job. Not one that I enjoy, my question is why? Why was I given this job? Why does God decree that I kill some and save others? Is not the whole human race full of sinners, killers, pimps and junkies? Why do these people deserve to live, to inherit paradise....and I do not?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sunday Sermon "Famliy Matters.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL