Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:35:40
Page:  1 
Minamoto's Mementos Started by: MinamotoNoYoritomo on Apr 14, '15 20:25

Introduction

This little paper thing is mine. That means that I will contain my opinion and random thoughts on stuff. You might have noticed it's called Memento's. That means that with this, I hope to leave some kind of memory in your mind. If it's a good or bad one, that's up to you. Maybe, just maybe, I will be outspoken at times. If you don't like that, don't read it! Or you can start an argument. Please do like and subscribe.

I won't give a date on the appearance of new issues, because I'm lazy at times and I wouldn't want to disappoint the community by denying them their garbage fix. Now then, let's get going.

Godfathers in Chicago

Today we witnessed the move of Lexie_Grey (also known as Toast) to the central district of Chicago, known as the Loop. Naturally the boosts that the Chairman position offered could not be left untouched (assuming that Godfather Lexie is able to handle the one week process of cementing her claim and thus receiving the boosts. If she is, hurrah for the three chairmen!) Since the very same district was wiped just something like two weeks earlier, there was plenty of space for Lexie and her new auth, Boston George. Congratulations to Lexie, although I hope she refrains from sending me a duel request. (them journals!) Seriously though, enjoy. Any complaints about possibly confusing she and he throughout the paper, it's because I'm confused about Toast's actual gender sometimes.

We also saw the rise of Ted, whose bloodline is usually known for briefly reigning Philadelphia as King, before being shot in the face. Somehow this guy reached the illustrious heights of Godfather, taking the reigns of South Side in Lexie's place. It's not Philadelphia, but it's quite the accomplishment nonetheless. I don't know why, but I really like this guy. Congratulations Ted, you hero! Also everyone please show their support to FutureStealer in his huge efforts to keep Ted contained to the hospital.

Getting Made

Some of you might have noticed that I acquired the rank of Made Man very recently. (If there are any stalkers out there.) I must say that I have never seen the Made Man promotion as anything special since the first time I got it, but now that has changed. For some reason I feel the promotion was special this time around, and that I am a genuine asset to my family. Such a good feeling too!

Some old timers complain about the decreased importance of the Made Man rank at times, and that's perfectly alright. But I don't see the problem; it all comes down to the leader. Some leaders have higher standards/requirements than others, and if everyone held to the same, we'd have a very boring world with much less bloodshed... And let's remember that there are still five ranks (6?) that one can get after reaching Made Man. It's just another step in the world, a big step though.

Pickpockets

Complaining about getting mugged is stupid. It's also stupid to complain about being Pickpocketed and then pickpocketing back, only to be mugged. Suggesting this is an shoot-able offense is also stupid (shooting people for PP's is stupid in general).

South Philadelphia Goes North

All the people from South Philly moved to Detroit yesterday. No announcement was made in the streets, which I found weird, but whatever, some people are content with just a mail. Can't have everything I guess. It's getting kind of annoying that there are less announcements coming from the regime though. At least Lexie was decent enough to tell us about the move! Are we perhaps waiting on someone to take Godfather in South Philly? Please hurry up. Or of course waiting on Latin, just one more day! 

For example there weren't announcements on the recent war and takedown, which is rather sad. A little bit of clarification for the kin of the fallen would be the least one can do, right?

But I digress. Congratulations to Latin and all the other people in Detroit. I also noticed that TonyCappazo renamed his family from 'Phoenix Rising' to 'The Capazzo Crime Syndicate'. The word syndicate is overused, seriously.

That was it for now, my shit mill has run dry already, sorry.

Report Post Tip

TonyCapazzo sits with the LUX's Assistant GM, Frankie, as he reads the paper while smoking a cigar, he reads through all the different sections then notices a section regarding South Philly and the move to Detroit. He tries to stop himself from laughing hysterically and then takes a puff of his cigar while turning to Frankie.

"This person must obviously not know much about me or my family. We are certainly not shy of the streets."

Frankie nods at Tony.

"I guess the part he doesn't know is that my family is in the process of collectively taking to the streets expressing our story, unfortunately we haven't met undisclosed deadline of Minamaoto's."

Don Capazzo looks at the floor a bit saddened.

"Ah well Frankie, guess we'll have to continue organizing everything and get it out when we originally planned."

Tony shrugs and looks at Frankie. Frankie too then shrugs and looks at Tony. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I wasn't claiming you and your family are shy of coming to the streets, don't know where you got that from. It also doesn't really matter that you're in the process of making a speech/story detailing the move, since the move already happened. Hopefully you're just waiting for Don Latin to claim the title of Godfather, but still. 

And nope, you didn't meet it! My deadline (apparently I have one) would be when the actual move was made, you know, makes sense, since I was talking about an announcement of the actual move.

Report Post Tip

"I never claimed that you claimed my family was shy of coming to the streets, don't know where you got that from.

You said it doesn't matter what we're in the process of doing since we moved, i don't see any rules regarding time frame or order of any kind for this sort of thing, unless I am mistaken?

You also mentioned waiting for Don Latin to take GF, wouldn't it have been better to wait then before making the comment of us not saying something...."

Tony laughs.

"The only reason I assumed you had a deadline is cause you want things done your way and the time you say so i figured you had a deadline.

Personally with me I rather have something organized and detailed ready. The move means a lot to me and my family thus we want to put something good out rather then a 1 minute speech just for the sake of giving a speech. I could understand if this move was done weeks ago but....this...was...literally done....a few days ago...."

Tony scratches his head.

"Well that's all for me here, thanks for the insight."

Tony smiles and walks away lighting up another cigar.

Report Post Tip

Scarfo had finished reading MinamotoNoYoritomo's personal paper, which he'd picked up from one of his associates. The young worker advised him the content mentioned the writers discontent with a non public declaration about South Philly's move to Detroit, and also his dislike of the word Syndicate. Scarfo smirked at both accounts, then shifted forward in his seat.

Scarfo was seated at his desk in an upstairs office in his newly purchased business in Detroit. The Pool Hall was a gritty, seedy looking establishment and as it was, a rather repulsive premises. Men would come here to fight, bet, play pool and get intoxicated on bootlegged liquor and other readily available drugs. Not exactly a place you would bring the family, yet Scarfo enjoyed the atmosphere of men being men. A fight would break out every few hours, and bets would follow. He enjoyed the world of vice, and this was right up his alley.

As he shuffled forward in his chair, he took a moment to think of what he would write. Scarfo took a felt pen in his hand and starting scribbling his thoughts on the paper in handwriting readable, yet not exactly something to be proud of.

Minamonto,

I feel it's not necessary for everyone to address the streets with all that they do, including take downs and Family movements. Expecting members of the criminal underworld to make speeches to the public regarding the happenings and inner workings of this thing of ours is a little far fetched, in my opinion. One needs to just speak with their connections to find out what's what, or to use their smarts.

If one doesn't have the right connections within this thing to know what's happening then that's something they should probably work on, but it seems from your paper you already have the street smarts to know what's what so I can only assume your complaint is regarding a lack of a definite speech to the masses.

Again, it's not something I feel is necessary given the business we are in. Some do it, yet not all mobsters are keen to be so much in the public eye. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think it's not good for business to be making public declarations regarding what is or isn't happening within ones business.

Our activities seem to not have reached the streets as of yet, which is fine with us. In due time you will all know the Family name rather well. Maybe you will still dislike the wording of it, yet you will know it when you immediately think of Detroit, that's for certain.

Lastly I invite you down to Detroit to visit myself and see what we have going on here. It's a work in progress, but feel free to come visit and I'll be more than happy to have you. We have a Sports Book running which will be available throughout all cities in due time. Come have a drink, check out my new place and we can talk about some potential action you might be interested in.

Scarfo

Scarfo placed the pen back down on the desk. He reached for a glass of Calvert's Whisky and took a sip, then picked up the finished letter in his free hand, eyeing it over, as he leaned back in the leather office desk chair. After a read of his work, Scarfo downed the rest of the whisky before placing the glassware down and calling out to one of his men.

"Georgio, come in here a minute."

Within ten to fifteen seconds the office door swung open and you could briefly hear the sound of rowdy men from the pool hall downstairs. Georgio entered, flicked the door closed then made his way toward the desk and took a seat in a cushioned leather chair, opposite Scarfo. Even though the place was rather un-kept, Scarfo made sure his office environment was to his luxurious liking.

Scarfo slid the paper across the desk toward Georgio, then stood and poured himself another glass of whisky. As he liquor poured from the bottle he instructed the Irishman on what he wanted done.

"Envelope that and have it posted to Minamoto in Vegas."

A simple nod followed as the paper was collected from the long time associate, friend and business partner of Scarfo. Georgio then made his way back out, closing the door behind him.

Scarfo settled back into his office chair and sipped on the fine whisky, contemplating Family business.

Report Post Tip

You said it doesn't matter what we're in the process of doing since we moved, i don't see any rules regarding time frame or order of any kind for this sort of thing, unless I am mistaken?

You also mentioned waiting for Don Latin to take GF, wouldn't it have been better to wait then before making the comment of us not saying something...."

There aren't any rules, and if you had taken the time to read the introduction of this paper, you would see that this contains my opinions. Is there are a rule on such announcements? Not to my knowledge. Did I give my opinion regarding the lack of announcements? Yes.

No, it wouldn't. I thought that might be a possible reason as to why there isn't an announcement, but I'm not saying that it's more than an excuse to me.

Personally with me I rather have something organized and detailed ready. The move means a lot to me and my family thus we want to put something good out rather then a 1 minute speech just for the sake of giving a speech. I could understand if this move was done weeks ago but....this...was...literally done....a few days ago....

Perhaps you should have prepared better then?

And no problem, I like sharing my insights.

Yoritomo then read Scarfo's letter, and sends a quick note back to him.

I do thank you for your letter, which was very informative and worded in a very pleasing way, even if I don't necessarily agree with it contents.

~Minamoto No Yoritomo

Report Post Tip

Hearing the commotion on the streets, Butch listens to each addition to the discussion before adding his two cents to the discussion:

"Gentlemen, I'm sure there was no offence intended. My Asian amigo was simply noting something which deviated from the 'normal' order of events. To my mind, there was no insult intended and Minamoto was offering little more than a simple observation of the events which transpired. As a reporter, he was simply doing his job of informing his readers of the situation in case their 'connections' and/or 'smarts' fail them.

Personally, I would tend to agree with my old friend; one of the things promised to us was a more vibrant street life as a result of the bold requirements, yet following a brief influx in discussions, we have seen a marked decline in street presence, not to mention a number of extremely high profile mobsters absent for extended periods of time. Some of the most important men in our world have been absent for an obscene amount of time, so if not for this paper, some may not have known about the move at all. Furthermore, as communication was cited as one of the unofficial reasons for the Loop take-down, I personally cannot understand why anyone would risk taking the chance of deviating from the natural order of events, given the volatility of our world recently. That's just my opinion as a lowly earner though, take it as you may."

Nodding respectfully at the men, Butch steps back, opening the floor up for discussion again.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Minamoto's Mementos
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL