Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:31:34
Page:  1 
A Simple Question Started by: Tarantino on Apr 15, '15 23:02

Tarantino was walking the streets smoking a cigarette when he saw a large crowd standing around he waited a moment before seeing his opportunity. Tossing his smoke to the side he cleared his throat and started to speak.

I come to the streets today to pose a question , why do you want power? Power is something a majority of us want but we all have our own reasoning as to why we want. Some want power to make a change in our way of life because they don't like the current situation with those who currently have power or they just simply want to make a change for what they feel will better this life.

Others may want power to be on top and try to get a stranglehold on the game a rush for some to build up a gun and take down who ever stands in their way or use politics hiding behind the curtain. It doesn't matter how the end game is to be the one standing on top of the mountain whether it be the brute force or the more silent approach.

Some want power to prove themselves to others to have doubted them and told them they couldn't or to get rid of a certain stigma stuck to their line and to finally show everyone they are worth something and can actually do something in this life.

Taking a quick breath

There are many other reasons as to why people want power , but these are just a few that truly stand out to me.

So I will ask again why do you want power?

Report Post Tip

"That's sort of a loaded question but let me give it my best shot. I personally came to where I am because I wanted experience, I wanted a change of pace, I wanted to learn. Thing is, there's only so much you can learn being on the bottom, so there's no where to go but up. You learn, you grow, and you don't stay a lowly goomba or gangster. I want power simply because it's something to reach for and to grasp at. It's a goal that I have in mind, whether or not I'll actually make it to the very tip top is yet to be seen but I'm sure gonna give it my best shot. We here in this world of crime have our own code of honor and ethics, lots of us run businesses on the side, some legit some not, but we make a name for ourselves. Hell I've even known folks who have committed crimes in order to make their city a better place, sort of a backwards way of doing it but the citizens have reported feeling happier, safer, and more content in a city that's well cared for. 

My mother was a leader in her time, and not for money or glory but because she truly enjoyed it. Her time was cut short and she decided to retire in style but she passed the passion on to me. I want, not power, but the ability to lead by example. It doesn't have to come in a fancy title, it doesn't have to be a button proudly displayed on a lapel, it could take one of several forms but for me power is tantamount to strong leadership."

Report Post Tip
Murphy hit the nail on the head in stating power is tantamount to strong leadership. Strong leadership goes far beyond possessing a strong gun. Communication and respect for all within the compound of family, enforce working the chain of command, crew leaders grooming crews instead of ignoring and/ or half ass spoon feeding important learning tools/knowledge of how it is ran here will define a leaders true power. Family means "we" not a select few. Without a family, there would be no leader.
Report Post Tip

Irina stands in the streets listening to Tarantino and some of the others speaking. She thinks as she listens, wondering exactly how she would answer this question. Her own "end game" certainly wasn't power. She waited patiently as everyone spoke, then stepped up so that she could be heard.

A wise man once said "With great power comes great responsibility." I have seen people fight for power. I have seen people strive for power. I have seen people who have some sense of entitlement that they deserve power that they haven't even come close to earning. I have seen alliances crash over power. I have seen friendships crumble over power. I have seen some wonderful leaders emerge in their quest for power. My line has served under many of them. I don't think my line has ever set foot in this country with the intention of seeking power. They usually come with the frame of mind to find the family that is a perfect match for them and give that family their all. I fault no one who comes to this country in search of that power. It is just not the path I choose.

With that, Irina nods at Tarantino with a smile, before stepping back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

I think anyone who I've had the pleasure to speak with can vouch for me when I say, I want power to change the world for the better (Not to say the world isn't fine the way it is now) and to be remembered.

I personally would want the power to serve our world a great benefit by causing world peace.  I understand this is a world of violence that we live in but does that mean we can not have a cease fire every now and then?  I would like to see for the first time in my generation's lifespan where people can come from different walks of life but all come together as a whole to make our world better.

Most would see a world like this boring or unpleasing but I am a believer in growth.  I believe a cease fire for a couple months will give us a chance to see a world with a gangster on every corner and all our cities filled.  And gives us a chance to teach our thugs the way of life, instead of them becoming wise guys and dying before they can ever get made and losing interest in this world of ours.

Report Post Tip

Waiting his turn to share his point of view, James finally stepped up.

A great man once said "With great power comes great responsibility", but that's from another era.
Why do I want power? I don't have to have power but it comes in handy.

What can you do if you're an unknown character, a mantlepeice.
One can do their best to stand out from the others but most of the time if you haven't got any powers, your efforts are quite meaningless.

There are exceptions ofcourse, and I applaud that, but unfortunately they are still exceptions.

What does having powers really mean?
Having influence, being notorius, being known...
I'd like to think it's a delicate balance between these three.

I want to have powers because I'd like to have meaning in this world.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Simple Question
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL