Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 18:19:17
Page:  1 
Welcome to Detroit. Started by: Scarfo on Apr 16, '15 01:40

Elsa's Coffee Shop, Detroit

It seemed like any other day. Outside the coffee shop people strolled by as per usual. The Streets of Detroit's were active and bustling. The general population were going about their business, some trying to make a buck in these depressive times. A kid stood out front waving newspapers to passers-by.

"Come get em. Ten cents to hear about The Purple Gang, The Capazzo Crime Syndicate and The Phoenix..."

An old lady cringes at the names as she pods past the spruiker on her way to the grocer.

"Come one, come all. Hear about the retirement of some of The Capazzo Crime Syndicate's biggest names. It's all here, just ten cents."

The criminal underworld was heating up in Detroit. The Purple Gang had a firm hold on the city and it's vice's yet with the sudden move of The Phoenix and The Capazzo Crime Syndicate into Detroit, the city was about to bare witness to violence it had never before seen.

Inside the local coffee shop a few of The Capazzo Syndicate members were fathered for a meeting. Lydia, CamorraCara, David_Chamers, Sweeney and TheGod were scattered at different tables and seated at the counter. Some amongst them knew one another's face, yet in all it was quiet. They'd been with the Family for a good period of time, more than enough time to get to know one another yet that wasn't the case.

These were men and women who weren't just slacking, but seemed in another world entirely. They joined the criminal syndicate for a taste of what it was like to be a gangster, yet their efforts were lacking in a major way. On top of that, they couldn't be trusted. A recent rogue coming from the Family ranks meant things were changing. People that had been haphazardly recruited and weren't doing their jobs to the set standard and definitely weren't trusted. The would soon find out exactly what it meant to be a gangster.

The sound of tires screeching could be heard as three cars pulled up outside the coffee shop in tandem. Some faces looked up from inside the coffee shop in anticipation, yet no-one exited the vehicles. A driver could be seen in each, wearing the well known mobster attire of the times. They simply sat there, waiting, yet no-one exited.

All of a sudden the backdoor bursts open and in come more members of The Capazzo Crime Syndicate, one by one. TonyCapazzo, Scarfo, Locarno, Kill-The-Irishman and Joseph_Ligambi. All men pile in brandishing firearms at the ready and start busting off shots as they spread out, intending to let the gathered members and their rivals know in no uncertain terms this is what it means to be a gangster in Detroit. You pull your weight and integrate into the Family, or you get an early grave.

The three cars out front now seemingly there for the gun toting mobsters getaway and to cause a distraction. Shots continue to tear up the local coffee joint as civilians in the nearby vicinity begin to flee...

Report Post Tip

As KTI pointed his weapon at his target, the only thought running through his head was how much horrible shit can happen on a such beautiful Spring day.. Thus is the life though. 

KTI flicks the safety off of his firearm.. He then gently whispers.. "I'm sorry" as he unloads his entire magazine into his target.

KTI then waits for this awful day to be over so he can try to get some sleep...

Report Post Tip

Firing multiple times as he burst through the door, Locarno eyed his target sitting at a table alone. He barely recognized the man as he had only seen him one time previously and it had been quite a while, but he was sure...that was David_Chamers.

Walking briskly and with purpose, Locarno walked straight towards him. The fear in Chamer's eyes was obvious, and he didn't even have the stomach to even pull his weapon.  Locarno leaned in closely and whispered, "You were never made for this life of ours, but you chose it anyway, and there is only one way out."

Chamers opened his mouth and began to beg, but the time for platitudes was over. The decision was done. He fired once and the back of Chamer's skull exploded backwards and he slumped foward onto the table, blood pooling on the table, mixed with spilled coffee, and began dripping onto the floor.  Locarno reached into Chamer's jacket and pulled out his pistol, sticking it in his waist belt, then turned and made his way back towards the door and their vehicles.

Report Post Tip

What started off as a normal day in the life quickly changed for Uncle Joe Ligambi. He began his morning with his usual routine of checking the paper for what games were listed and creating lines for his sports book when he suddenly got a call from his families underboss Scarfo. Scarfo and Joe went way back and when Scarfo called in a heavy work favor Ligambi would faithfully oblige.

Ligambi set out to meet his underboss and go over the details. Scarfo would go on to tell Ligambi that the time had come to clean house. The family had recently brought in some associates that werent accustomed to life in the streets in this thing of ours. News had been circulating among men of honor in the crew about these individuals lack of loyalty and commitment, something The Capazzo Crime Syndicate did not take lightly and Uncle Joe felt this coming. With years of experience on the streets Uncle Joe knew how to judge a person and these wannabes hadn't gained his approval.

With the plan set Ligambi stopped for a quick drink to prepare himself for the events to come. You never knew if today was gonna be your day in this thing of ours. Liquid courage in tow Uncle Joe met up with his crew members and set out to take care of business.

Arriving at the local coffee shop Ligambi burst in the back doors .38 in hand and set his sight on Lydia. Uncle Joe was older but he could shoot straight, he didnt need to spray and pray.

Uncle Joe squeezed the tripper and felt the bullet leave his gun as straight as ever. He knew his sure shot had taken care of a family problem and with the blood pouring from Lydia's head as she sat there dead he knew it was a successful hit.

Joe rushed outside passing screaming witnesses and jumped into the get away car. As he drove down the road Uncle Joe knew that this piece of work would garner him more respect on the streets and in the family and with this he reflected on his first bit of work he had done at the age of 20. Killing made Ligambi feel young again, it was something he enjoyed...

Report Post Tip

Scarfo burst in holding a Tommy Gun. He didn't just want to kill his intended target, but wanted to send a clear message. He honed in on Sweeny and unleashed the clip to devastating effect. The body of the unfortunate wannabe gangster jerked about as bullets annihilated it and continued well after the fact. Sweeny was on the receiving end of an outburst of frustration at some recent Family rank shuffling, and his soulless body now slid down off the chair at the counter as bullets continued to fire.

Scarfo continued walking forward until the clip had emptied. He let his agn wielding arm dangle at his side as smoke poured from the end of the now silent submachine gun. Scarfo stood over the victim, reached toward the counter and swiped at a still warm cup of coffee. He drank the remainder as he took a good look at his handy work, then placed the cup back down on the bench before heading out the front door and into one of the waiting vehicles.

Report Post Tip

Tony Capazzo slowly walked into the establishment. He was very far from his normal looking self. There were no fancy suits and fedoras. He shirt was wrinkled, he clearly hadn't shaved as the stubble on his face indicated. He slowly and methodically may his way in and looked up to TheGod. TheGod opened his mouth but Tony quickly interrupted that.

"Shhhhhh."

Tony put his finger to his mouth. It was a very hard day for him, the most trying in his young career as a Don. A lot of bloodshed and a lot of people going back to the old country. 

This was all a new beginning, they were here in Detroit now. There was no more time for fun and games. It was time to lay waste to all the useless and that was the reason he orchestrated this very event. All these thoughts ran through his mind, from the very first day he came on to these shores up until this very moment.

Indeed it was a rough and tough day but he knew him and his family would bounce from this, adversity was just another challenge the Don gladly accepted. With that he pulled the trigger firing the bullet and instantly ending one's life but ironically enough beginning a new life, one whose future is bright in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

IvanRomanov was strolling on the local streets as he heard gun shots coming from a local coffee shop. He didn't jump as he was used to this kind of stuff. Growing up in Soviet Mother Russia taught him a few things. And even left an imprint on him to not be scared of gun shots heard around you. He walked towards the gun shots with his bodyguards surrounding him. 

There is something that just isn't sitting well with me. 

These were men and women who weren't just slacking, but seemed in another world entirely. They joined the criminal syndicate for a taste of what it was like to be a gangster, yet their efforts were lacking in a major way. On top of that, they couldn't be trusted. A recent rogue coming from the Family ranks meant things were changing. People that had been haphazardly recruited and weren't doing their jobs to the set standard and definitely weren't trusted. The would soon find out exactly what it meant to be a gangster.

You say that these young men and women were slacking. Ok. But were they given enough time to show their worth? A few of these Goombas and Earners were less of any age that would allow them to prove themselves. So I ask you this, how does removing potential newer recruits from the old country benefit you at all? 

Because in my eyes, taking someone in for some shelter and teaching them the ropes takes time. And dedication and a few other things. To me it looks like you just the short easy way out. You just showed to everyone that since a new recruit cannot pull their weight properly, they are not worth an associate spot in your crew. Shouldn't we as leaders be training, leading and teaching others how to work properly? 

And one last thing. What ever happened to Omerta? What ever happened to keeping things in house? Especially when it came to murdering some known associates that worked for you. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I agree with IvanRomanov, to me it doesn't look like these mobsters have been giving any chance of time at all. Looking at them I can see they where all in working yesterday and up to the time they were shot today, So what do you call slacking in your family not reaching a certain rank in certain amount of time? <font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">Because</font><font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> would take me longer to get know people and put my trust in them before handing them Made Man rank, I know that a recent rogue might made you paranoid but does that mean go out a shoot down members you think are slacking and not gained your trust yet? </font>If I was a new mobster of these shore and seen you haven't giving the members you killed much time to grow and prove themselves I wouldn't want to join Detroit looks like you have very high expectations and not willing to give people time in your city.  

Report Post Tip
im just an innocent bystander but to me it looks like killing people for notches on your gun, hell you even seemed like you all enjoyed it.
As someone looking for a family I would now never go to Detroit for fear that if something took me away for a few days I'd be killed by my own family for not working hard enough.

Nothing more than a senseless slaughter here.

Good day
Report Post Tip

Fear had already woke up to problems, and did not need any more but it appeared he would have more problems as the Streets was flooding with negativity towards Detroit and what seemed to be for a good reason, as Fear was the type to tell it how he saw it that is exactly what he headed out to do.

First of all Mr Nomad, I assure you this is not how Detroit carries themselves, people who may disappear for a few days are usually given the proper time to peak their head back in. Also on top of that in most cases there are rules in place for disappearing for too long, every member should know about them as they are asked to read them, if you cannot abide by these simple rules then yes the ending will not turn out very well. I understand this is only the case for possibly one of these deaths but I thought since you mentioned Detroit as a whole, I would clear this up for how things should be ran in Detroit.

Now on to the bigger picture, this thread was completely unnecessary and I recall a certain situation similar to this far back when a guy painted on peoples caskets, this was not acceptable and honestly coming to the Streets stating executions and things of that nature of members is not necessary and some would view it as not acceptable as well. Being that this is the Streets I feel I can speak freely on this by saying that in my opinion this entire thread is completely unnecessary and I am not quite sure I understand the point of it. This is just my two cents anyhow and that may not account for much if that is the case please do feel free to carry on.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip
Surely many are aware there really is a fine line between what one perceives as not being on que concerning work and the ones who jump in and work their ass off and are nothing more then a puppet or pawn. The latter of the two justifies suicide.

Rest in peace to all the fallen.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to Detroit.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL