Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 16:30:55
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Welcome To Detroit Discussion Thread Started by: Scarfo on Apr 16, '15 07:43

I really appreciate the effort that Scarfo and TonyCapazzo put into roleplaying in this family. Roleplaying was one of the main reasons I got involved in this MR world and I truly wish I had more time to dedicate to writing stories and creatively playing this amazing game. Unfortunately my RL duties have not allowed me to be present as much as I would like and Tony has always communicated and sent MM's to me and always been open. I have repeatedly let them know my situation and they didn't off me in such a fashion becuase I atleast communicated with them and let them know what was up. That's how they handle things they are straight up individuals nothing shady going on. I have at times been IA for more than a week or 10 days only o log back on and find everything cool.

Now for someone to call them out because they did something that was mocking or in their opinion not warranted I say this. Run your families how you want to run them I don't believe we care how you air your laundry or get things done, but to take offense on how we do things and then say we have made it your business because we like to put it out there on the streets is a little much. Like if you take the time to read it and then go out of your way to make an opinion again for everyone to see either you want to capitalize on some families apparent weakness or somehow elevate how you and yours plays this game. Again we respect everyone and hardly criticize others for how they choose to play this game. IrinaPetrov, Woodpond, IvanRomanov I respect your Factory and the way you run your family but I just don't understand how your vision of how this game should be played and not roleplayed will make this experience unpleasant for those IA's who come on for 5 minutes every 10 days or so. Like if they really care at all you think they could spend another 10 minutes just creating a new character and starting over but then again they probably don't have the time to waste...... interesting viewpoints nonetheless......

Why are people getting so mad about this? Like Scarfo said they were either inactives or suspected of helping the rogue. They were going to die whether there was a roleplay about it or not, they just used some creativity when they did it which I personally think we should see more of.

Really completely failing to see what the issue is here!

I agree with DeadlySin on this one..... cheers and to continued roleplaying adventures and fun!!!

Report Post Tip

And sheep we are not Nomad way to judge a bunch of people you know nothing about - who knows what your real issue with us is???

Report Post Tip

Now for someone to call them out because they did something that was mocking or in their opinion not warranted I say this. Run your families how you want to run them I don't believe we care how you air your laundry or get things done, but to take offense on how we do things and then say we have made it your business because we like to put it out there on the streets is a little much. Like if you take the time to read it and then go out of your way to make an opinion again for everyone to see either you want to capitalize on some families apparent weakness or somehow elevate how you and yours plays this game.

If you bring something (and especially family matters) unto the streets, thus in public, it is to be expected that someone, somewhere is going to have an opinion/critique on it. If it's on the streets, it's out for everyone to see and everyone can comment on it. And if no one was allowed to criticize others, where would we be?

Also, I doubt they really went out of their way to capitalize on your family's ''weakness'', but rather they shared their opinion and raised some fair points.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I like a good Role Play. I really do and it was a good read. Maybe if the names were changed it would be better. IA's are apart of this life and yes they will be killed off. I am not disagreeing with that part. I disagree with putting they're names in a thread in the streets and then mocking them in the same thread.

I am not trying to disrespect anyone's way of running they're family. The thread itself could have been written in a better manner. 

Basically i am just saying that maybe next time, just change the names. That being said no one can change the fact that they are dead.

Another point some people play from phones, with a phone its is hard to mail so i don't nor do it nor do i read a mail. If i was killed for being IA then so be it, but if i came back and seen my name plastered in a thread, well yea id be mad. You guys or gals set yourselves up for criticism. Whether you are trying to see who is gonna back you up or not, i still think it was bad the way it was handled.

That being said i respect you guys or gals as leader and hands. My words may be a little harsh but i am not sorry for them. Yall run your crew how you see fit, but if you post how you do it in the streets be prepared for criticism. Have a nice day ladies and gentlemen.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fair point on names maybe being not used next time. I really like that idea, and it would still be obvious for those in the know and observant enough to match up times with the posted thread, and the members being capped. A simple funeral RP could also be included, with the not so OOC 'No W/S required', and something more to our liking. Good points, appreciate the feedback.

Report Post Tip

Really my point in all of this is losing the distinction between private family matters and what should be discussed in public. Again I ask, what is next... Do we begin publicly shaming our family members for their lack of donations? Do we begin publicly opening the books and holding sacred made man ceremonies in the streets for all to see? There has to be a line somewhere.

Report Post Tip

Why quote your own hyperbole? No one is on the picket line for transparency. The fact remains that nothing legitimately private was revealed. 

Report Post Tip

Irina, when you say private vs public. So I understand..do you mean

Keep it private they died or

Keep it private they were killed by us or

Keep it private in the way they were killed?

So I understand what you mean.

Report Post Tip

Al_Capone... In recent days a member of my crew Jynx was laid to rest. Do you have any specific idea why? No. Because you are not a member of my family. Just a few hours ago a Wise Guy from Philadelphia suicided. Do you have any specific idea why? No. Because you are not a member of that family. Should Ivan come out and discuss why Jynx was killed? Should Archy come out and discuss why his member suicided? No. Absolutely not. Correct me if I'm wrong but pretty much every crew leader across these cities have something in their rules about Omerta. And not discussing family business outside of the family. Deaths, WS, Shot Reports, Earnings etc... Do I need to know what Detroit's standards are for their members? Nope. Do I need to know that the people that were shot were not meeting those standards? Nope. Wouldn't that be considered private business?

Tony, none of us needed to know why they were killed, nor be subjected to the violent way in which is happened. Your standards, your members meeting or not meeting them are you and your family's business. How you handle them is you and your family's business. So since I'm being called out for being judgmental, instead of looking at WHY I'm bothered by, I reposted why I am. Because there are lines. And once those lines are crossed, where then do we draw them? Are all sacred things to become public knowledge for everyone?

Irina this is going around in circles now. I think we should just move on from this, as it's been explained by a few people. I would have another crack at it, yet I don't think it would do anything to carry the discussion any further along. We'll just have to agree to disagree I think and let that be that.

Report Post Tip

Irina is correct Omerta is what Mafia is sworn to and upheld by, I have no opinion on your role play one way or the other but people here are correct the kills within your family for what ever reason should be kept within your family as well as the reason i think that's why everyones panties are in a bunch about it. If your family like all other here live and die by Omerta then this argument is mute.

Omertà (/oʊˈmɛərtə/; Italian pronunciation: [omerˈta]) is a cultural expression and code of honor that places legitimate importance on a deep-rooted family sense of a code of silence, non-aggravation with authorities, and non-interference in the legal actions of others.

o·mer·tà
ōˈmertə/
noun
noun: omertà
  1. (as practiced by the Mafia) a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to authorities.

o·mer·ta n. A rule or code that prohibits speaking or divulging information about certain activities, especially the activities of a criminal organization.
Report Post Tip

I understand what you guys are saying, a select few btw, not 'everybody'. I just don't agree the code of omerta was broken. We didn't advertise our killing in any way, shape, or form. It wasn't us discussing things with authorities, nor did we have an open discussion about it.

You guys are taking a in character roleplay out of character, and the information contained in the roleplay you are saying can be used against us in some way. This isn't true, unless your character was present in the story. The only characters present in the story were the shooters involved. We entered through the backdoor of a café, unseen, and shot up the place. We then exited out the front into waiting vehicles, that would've sped off. This is a standard mafia hit for the era, and nothing unusual in a realistic mafia roleplay.

Now if you were present at the scene, that would've also been fine. If some locals saw us, still fine. We carried out a mafia hit and made it realistic to the era. This is just how things were done at this time.

You're taking the code of omerta way out of proportion here and OOC. If you keep our actions IC, which they were, it's a simply hit carried out, not a sit down with police or a discussion on a soap box. Keep it in the context of the story, and you have omerta.

Just because you see bank robbers in a scene after the fact take off their masks, doesn't mean their identities are automatically known to all and they have given up their identities.

You read something OOC, so taking that information in game and using it in character is actually classed as Metagaming and is a no no in roleplaying. So if anything, you guys would be at fault for doing this :)

Report Post Tip

I kindly ask no one else from the Capazzo Crime Syndicate reply any further. I think the matter, situation and topic has more then run it's course. 

Report Post Tip
whats the point of starting a discussion if you have your family stop when people actually challenge it?
Report Post Tip

I'll continue. 

If the actions you take in this game don't warrant something in the streets then what does? What should we be talking about? We're criminals. Everything we do is either criminal or completely irrelevant. You could just keep making stories that have nothing to do with being a criminal and, in effect, nothing to do with the game. You can rehash the same half dozen conversations that keep coming back. Should I never make any announcements about auths? That's criminal. If I can't talk about being a criminal or private matters then I have nothing to say. It's all criminal and "private."

If we are to stick to the definition of Omerta as you describe it and not speak of criminal activity then R.I.P Streets. No w/s needed.

And if anyone has a problem with these people breaking omerta in this situation it should be me. Not anyone offended by a story about criminal business. You are accurate here that this was over the line as far as its detail and the suggestion about changing the names isn't a bad idea either. But do you really never want to hear the reason for anything that happens in the game simply because you don't need to know? Would you like to never know the reasons for a war? The streets are the story of the game. There was no great secret revealed here. So aside from the level of detail of the RP, which I'll say again was too much, why would anyone outside of Detroit care that they know too much?

Report Post Tip

Did someone bring omerta into this? Really?

So all the RPs about bank jobs are fine, post war takedown threads are fine, all the other posts where people commit crimes are fine - but we're taking exception to this one? Give me a fucking break.

Out of all my years here I have never seen such.  So my first time reading it I was a bit confused, so I had to read it again.  Then seeing all the names in the orbits it finally became clear to me what had happened.

If their death was justified or not I will leave for you guys to debate.

As far as making a RP about it, I loved it.. Actually pictured it all happening in my head.. Aside from everything it was great RP and it was a different but good way to use the RP in my opinion.  I think this will spark more creativity in our streets where as people are using RP for more various reasons now and it'll bring back an aspect to our lifestyle that I miss

Report Post Tip

I haven't gotten to speak my peace in this matter yet.

Having been one of the contributors to this event I couldn't feel more pride in my actions and what I wrote.

In rl I'm a huge mafia fan like most of us. Which is why I do things like shylock , have a daily numbers game and run a sports book with Scarfo just like the mob. All this gives me a feeling that I cant get in real life. I get to feel my inner gangster lol. I'm in love with the racketeering aspect of the mafia and I know it well.

Role play writing is something I've just recently gotten into and if you look at any of the ones I've done thus far you can see I'm going for a legitimate cosa nostra experience building my character through RP's and spreading word of my business, letting people know what I do and what I'm about which I thought was the point of a RP mafia game

I've seen murders in the streets and men on honors names dragged through the mud way worse then anything my friends and I did. If you look at my post in the murder RP you'll see someone who was trying to enjoy himself portraying a picture of his character servicing his friends and family to be rid of bad seeds who were already on their way out. 

Where as I can understand everyone has their own opinions on this, mine which is all that matters to me is that I was apart of a huge RP that has been viewed and discussed by many. Damn proud to be apart of it for better or for worse. 

Ps I also don't think I or any of my friends were insulting in any way to these players in their execution.

Thanks to all who enjoy, your the only reason I bother trying to write lol.

Report Post Tip
I think that the whole RPnaspect of it was quite entertaining. Just people overreacting as usual.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Welcome To Detroit Discussion Thread
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL