Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 20:13:45
Page:  1 
The Doc the Rock and the Bronx Started by: Curtis on Apr 18, '15 00:48

The ropes were dropped and the almost imperceptible movement of the massive hull began to inch away from the wharf. He looked up and saw Guevara smiling at him, Curtis waved back, turned and headed for the waiting car. There was no time to waste, this week would be hectic and there would be no prizes for taking it slow. He got into the car with Barry and The_Stig made good time back to the offices of The Union in the Bronx. Inside the building he was met by Dr_KennethNoisewater and the lovely Pandora

"Is everything ready?"

'It is.'

"Right then, lets do this."

They walked into the HQ bar where a good number of the crew and various members of the New York community were assembled. Curtis looked around the room and when everyone was quiet he spoke. 

"Guevara has been called away. That in itself is not unusual but in this instance it could be significant. There have been some political issues back in Cuba and our interests there need to be closely watched for the immediate future. There is a phenomenal amount of money being produced by our connections moving through and so there is no better person to oversee that work then Che. He will be spending a substantial amount of his time in the sun with our Cuban friends and it will be impractical to think he can continue to keep a close eye on activities with the Union here in the Bronx. 

For this reason he will be stepping down as active leader of this family and taking a watching brief in the city until such time as our interests are secured and he can return here full time. Until then the leadership of the Union will fall to Dr_KennethNoisewater!"

He waited while the applause and conversation died down and carried on.

"It will be business as usual here really. Same building, same family, same principals and same work. Guevara will still be around from time to time but Dr_Kenneth will be wearing the bold suit and giving the final word on things.

As for the district, Chris_Vaughn will assume the role of acting Godfather of the Bronx. Congratulations go to him on his natural succession."

There was a round of applause and a few cheers capped by a notable 'Oh fuck me no!' from Barry at the back of the bar. Once the laughter had subsided Curtis spoke once more.

"With that, I'd like you all to raise a glass to the good Doctor and to Chris and join me in congratulating them on their new roles!"

Everyone raised a toast and drank to the news. Curtis took a step back and made way for the well wishers to approach the new boss.

Report Post Tip

Dr_Kenneth waits for the crowd to quite down before addressing everyone gathered before him. 

"As many of you may know I am not a man of many words so I will keep this short. I would first like to thank Guevara; without him I would have never made it this way. He quite literally pulled me from the brink of retirement and gave me a new sense of purpose. A purpose that will be carried on in his absence." 

Dr_Kenneth hugs Guevara and leaves him with a hand shake before turning back to the crowd. 

"To Curtis, Chris_Vaughn, and the rest of New York; you can count on me to always do my best, and continue to grow within this wonderful city. I look forward to our continued business and a very prosperous life with you all." 

Dr_Kenneth raises his glass once again and takes a sip before returning to the celebrations. 

Report Post Tip

It had been a strange day for Chris, proof that Life was what happened while you were making plans. it had been full of ups and downs, in some cases literally. And yet here he was faced with more. At once he was both elated and disappointed. He had just been named the official acting GF of Bronx, something no member of his long and frankly boring family line had ever managed before, yet it was not how he imagined seizing power... well that was all in the past, Guevara was gone now, sailing back to Cuba to look after New York's interests in his home territory.

"Firstly let me congratulate Dr Ken, I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that he had not foreseen his ascension to power going quite like this. I've worked closely with him since Guevara himself started the Union, and he is a very capable leader who has done remarkable things here in the Bronx. I would also like to reiterate that the Bronx will continue as it has done since we moved here last month. There will be no sudden changes in standard operating procedure  just because I have finally ascended to my rightful place... and although you may call me master or sire if you wish, it will not be mandatory... sorry, just a little Rock humour. Rest assured the great one only has great things in mind for the Bronx, her people and New York as a whole."

Lifting his glass, he looks to Dr Ken and salutes.

"Too Dr Kenneth Nosewater, congratulations my friend and I'm sure Bronx will continue to flourish now Eddie has cleared off back home."

Report Post Tip
Congratulations to Dr.K and the bronx
Report Post Tip

Congrats you are both great people, looking forward to helping make NY the greatest city ever.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Roco had arrived a little late for the party. But better late than never he thought to himself. He stepped forward to say a few words.

"Firstly Chris I would like to congratulate you on your new role within the bronx. It is truly deserved and I know you will do a great job. I owe you a lot and I offer you my everlasting loyalty."

Roco then turned to his new boss.

"Dr ken, I would like to congratulate you on your new position of power. I feel that you will do an excellent job and I look forward to serving under you. I also offer you my everlasting loyalty".

"Finally I would like to thank Guevara for all his help and support. You are one hell of a leader my friend. Thank you for everything. I hope your work in Cuba goes well. I will forever be loyal to you and offer you my everlasting loyalty"

With that Roco stepped back and began to applaud the people who had made such a difference in his life.
Report Post Tip

Congratulations on your (temporary?) position, Chris. And of course my congratulations to you, Dr. Kenneth.

Report Post Tip

Chun_Li hurried to tidy up some loose ends and hurried out the door..this was indeed an occasion she didn't want to miss..She stopped into a local store and picked up a small token for her friend, a box of L powder free, sterile pink exam gloves..it was the only color they had that would fit his hands..with some of the crew in tow, they headed over to the celebration..She found her friends and headed over to offer her Congratulations..

Congratulations to you both DR. K, and Chris_Vaughn..it's been a long time coming and I know you guys will do great things for the Bronx.

oh, and Dr, K, I know you're always running low on stock, so here's a contribution. 

Handing him the box of pink gloves, Chun_Li grins at both men and heads to the bar to grab some drinks for herself and the crew..

Report Post Tip

Congratulation Dr_KennethNoisewater! A long waited journey as finally arrived, Well derserve tho. Wish you all the best and hope that you build a greater walls out there :) Cheers man!

Report Post Tip

Blackwod wonders out to the street where GodFather Curtis had just finished giving his speech about the new succession in the Bronx. He was a little late for the occasion, business had kept him out of NY for a bit. But always a fan of the Big Apple, Blackwod was happy to be in the city that never sleeps. He wondered over to the Godfather and gave his ring a kiss, as he congratulated the GodFather on the new developments in the Bronx. After a conversation with the Godfather, Blackwod wonders over to the good Doctor. 

Its been a while since our family lines have been able to work together. I look forward to working with you as we move forward. Your line has always done well leading a family, I wish you the best of luck as you takeover the Union Dr_KennethNoisewater

My Cuban friend Guevara, you will be missed in your absence. The weathers certainly better down there! Enjoy the sun! Ill be sure to come visit. 

Then he walks over to Chris_Vaughn and congratulates the Rock! 

Look what the Rock's Cooking!!! I always knew this was a part of your grand scheme, send the union leader to Cuba to start some riots and you takeover the Bronx!!! 

He laughs a little and then pulls a cigar box out his coat. 

Cubans<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> my friend. I know the Rock is all health </font>conscious<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)"> and such but </font>something from the country where your current boss is going! 

He gives the rock a tap on the back. 

I have no doubt you will do great things leading the district of Bronx. Its always been a pleasure working with you. I hope to continue working along side you as we continue our North South drug trade routes here. As always, wish you the best! You always have a friend out in Philly! 

Blackwod grabs a couple of drinks from the waitress walking about, and continues with the festivities. 

Report Post Tip

Having slipped off to the bar, Pandora appeared by the doctor's side once again, drink in hand. Taking a sip before speaking, she turned to Curtis and Chris.

"Thank you for this opportunity, I am sad to see Guevara take a step back, but I know it was what was best for him. I am looking forward to working with you and helping New York grow."

Smiling, she turned to Dr_KennethNoisewater, hugging him tightly.

"And thank you for picking me to help you, even if you aren't a real doctor!"

Pandora raised her glass in the air as high as she can.

"Long live NY, baby!"

Report Post Tip

Vladimir strolls up to Kenneth's HQ getting stoned on spirits of the motherland. Two of his bodyguards are pushing carts filled with cases of Vodka.

Doc, my comrade. My sincerest apologies for missing the festivities, but I am fashionably late I suppose. I come bearing gifts my friend. 2 cases of my best Vodka for you, and 1 for each of your hands. Please accept this gift and my wishes of good luck and prosperity for your family!

Vladimir gets out a pack of cubans and begins passing them among the people present at Kenneth's HQ, following which he raises his flask and cheers.

Congratulations sir!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Doc the Rock and the Bronx
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL