Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 07:26:31
Page:  1 
Ivan Manhattan Started by: Curtis on Apr 18, '15 00:51

Another difficult situation required more cold clear thinking to face up to. Curtis twisted the crystal tumbler in his hand, watching the light creating golden shards of light through the rich Cognac as he thought. Batiatus sat opposite him, there was no need for him to add anything else, they both knew there was only one course of action. Curtis raised the fine glass and slammed back the expensive French export with none of the slow appreciation it's value demanded. He looked over at Batiatus.

"Well that seems like it then."

'Should I call him?'

"No reason to wait."

Batiatus picked up the phone and called through to IvanRomanov's HQ while Curtis admired the fine office Batiatus had furnished in expensive imported furniture, ornate trinkets and objet d'art. Batiatus finished the call and the two men drank another glass or two before Ivan made his appearance and the three man were together. Curtis spoke.

"Ivan, things are in transition in Sicily. This may not seem like our concern as we sit rich and distant in our new world but believe me when I say, what happens there can affect us here. There is still a deep order to things and the families there have a very strong investment in everything we do here. I won't bore you with the details but we need to be represented over there now. It would be favorable for us to assist at this time and show our long standing love and loyalty holds true. You must understand, in situations like this our love and respect will be directly reflected in the help we send. Because of this we have decided that Batiatus will travel to the old country to represent New York in this time of uncertainty. Sending a Godfather and a hugely respected man on both sides of the ocean, will place the bonds of our operation beyond any question and swing all future decisions in our favour."

Ivan nodded as he listened. He understood the thinking but the question of what would happen here in the godfather's absence was obvious if unspoken. Curtis went on.

"This work could take considerable time and it would appear bad form for Batiatus to keep hopping on boats and planes to come back and forth. In order that our place be cemented in their hearts we need him to remain at their disposal. He will go and live there for the duration of this work. Sure, he will come back here from time to time on business and to say hello but his primary base will be back in Sicily. Because of this we have to look at our situation here and particularly in Manhattan. This is a roaring district and it has developed into everything we hoped it would when we first moved you all over here. You have been a big part of that Ivan."

Curtis took another swig of the fine liquor and watched Ivan's eyes as his mind dared to let the penny drop. His face was brilliantly stoic and Curtis smiled at the man's poker faced composure.

"Ivan, this is your time. You will take control of our operation here in Manhattan. You will adopt the role of acting Godfather until such time as you are able to accept the official title. You will run all our businesses here and control the district's families. They will answer to you and in turn you to me, as we continue to run this city as a family. Congratulations my friend, I am delighted for you and to welcome you into this role."

He stood and embraced Ivan warmly, kissing him on both cheeks. The affection was sincere and Ivan knew it. He'd worked like a twat and this was more reward for hard work than anyone could ask for. He turned to Batiatus who had also stood and embraced him too. The men all raised a glass and drank to health and prosperity.

A little drunk at this point, Curtis suggested they let white smoke out of the window like the Vatican signaling the election of a new pope. Instead they settled for a massive piss-up at the Copa. They all made calls and an hour or two later arrived at the jumping nightspot now awash with mobsters from all over the country. All wishing to join in the congratulations and get in on one of the legendary Barry-organised parties. Curtis took to the stage and grabbed the mic. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to present to you, New York's Newest Godfather, the new Godfather of Manhattan, IvanRomanov!"

Curtis did his best to walk off stage in a straight line ​while the crowd cheered and applauded the new appointment. 

Report Post Tip

IvanRomanov was called in to speak to Curtis and Batiatus. As he walked into the office of Batiatus, he somewhat knew what was in place. Not fulling knowing, he entered the meeting a little nervous. And he took his seat, he was passed a glass of Cognac. He listened as Godfather Curtis spoke about Godfather Batiatus's appearance of late. His need of headed back to Sicily quite often took its toll on the man. 

Curtis continued on to express the need for Batiatus to stay in Sicily and then explained the situation in the Manhattan district.

"As much as I am saddened to hear our friend Batiatus will remain in Sicily, I am eternally grateful to be presented with this opportunity. When I first came over to work under you, Godfather Batiatus, it was a dream come true. Our family lines have always been close. Even though this was our first opportunity to work as leaders together, I hope it isn't the last time. It was a great learning experience, and ultimately a great pleasure to serve under you comrade. 

Godfather Curtis, I thank you for this opportunity. I never truly knew what I wanted when I was given the nod to set up along side Batiatus. But given the opportunity I must say I am eagerly happy to take on the role of Godfather of Manhattan."

Ivan continued to sip on the cognac as the gentlemen all smirked at one another when Curtis suggested the white smoke. 

"Again, thank you for this opportunity Godfather Batiatus and Godfather Curtis. I hope to be able to lead as well as Batiatus did. If the man wore shoes, I knew they would be some big ones to fill."

Ivan tilted his head back and finished his cognac. He was eagerly awaiting for the party to kick off. Barry did have some crazy parties...

Report Post Tip

Whilst it saddens me to see the great Batiatus leaving our shores I am sure it is for a very good reason and as such a decision that wouldn't have been taken lightly, you will be missed by the masses of that I am sure good luck in the old country my friend I'm sure you will do whatever needs to be done as you always have.

On a more positive note I would like to congratulate Ivan on his new position I'm sure you will excel in the job and continue the rebuilding of Manhatten, its a big task but one you are more than capable of achieving I wish you all the best for the future.

Report Post Tip

It is sad to hear a devoted person has decide to return home and leave all this behind him.
This decision brings a lot of respect with it.

Thank you for all that you have done for our great city!

On the other hand, the believe and trust I had and still have in you, Ivan Romanov, has been proven to be right.

Congratulations, you have more than deserved it!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Ivan.

Report Post Tip

Sometimes affairs in the old country catch up with us and we must return home but Batiatus's health was diminishing and with him no longer being able to fully run day to day affairs this is what's best for Manhattan.

Tarantino braces Ivan in a hug

Congratulations to you my Comrade you have done great work here in New York and I am some pleased to see you get this opportunity and I know you shall do an amazing job as head of Manhattan

For the plant , the factory , Manhattan , New York and last but not least for Russia 

Handing Ivan a shot of vodka 

Salute.

Report Post Tip

Once again the city of New York shows just how well oiled of a machine it is. While nobody wants to hear that Godfathers have to abdicate their seat for any reason, New York is smoothly transitioning key leadership positions for the betterment of the whole organization. Congratulations Mr. Romanov on your new position. I'm confident Godfather Curtis has made the best decisions concerning these matters and I look forward to working with everyone in New York.

Report Post Tip

It's unfortunate to see Godfather Batiatus have to move so far away, but sometimes out of unfortunate circumstances come great opportunities.

Congratulations Godfather Romanov!! the title suits you well..I know you'll do great things for Manhattan.

Cheers Comrade!!

Report Post Tip

"First I must say it is quite sad to see Godfather Batiatus leave these shores, he was one of the more nicer people I've met on these shores and a very funny person. Thanks for all the conversations and I give you well wishes. Hopefully we can see you around these parts again in the future."

"Finally I would like to say congratulations to the Mad Russian! IvanRomanov I have no doubt you will flourish in your new position as you've been doing all along. I never really knew you much until Valentine's Day where we got a chance to hang out in the coffee shop and take part in the festivities that day. Since then we've always kept in contact. You showed what a great leader you were that day and as a Don you've done the same, I wish you the best of luck as you embark this next chapter of your life even though I know you won't need any luck whatsoever. Congratulations again comrade!"

Report Post Tip

Congrats Godfather Ivan

Report Post Tip

I, too, am a bit saddened to see Batiatus leave our shores, despite the small amount him an I interacted. He was always decent to me, even starting out. Which at times, is hard to find in this world. Good luck, friend, on your travels and take care.

As for Ivan, I am very happy to hear of your promotion, comrade, and look forward to serving under you and continuing our long a prosperous partnership.

Report Post Tip
I am very sad to see Batuatus having to change plans. He always took the time to talk. He is very patient and understanding with questions. He is funny too. With a heavy heart, I will miss him. Hail Batiatus!

Much respect!

Best wishes Ivan.
Report Post Tip

I really enjoyed getting to know Batiatus, it is sad to know that he has to step down, however I cannot think of any replacement better than Ivan. You have shown yourself time and time again to be a true leader and I have no doubt you will be not only an excellent Leader but an excellent Godfather.

Report Post Tip

Though he knew the old country would be rewarded by the breathlessly acerbic presence of the Godfather, it filled Alphonse with a great sense of sadness to learn that his former boss, Batiatus, would be leaving for those olive-tree adorned shores. There was no figure to a mafiosi like a boss; no hand like the one that feeds. The Reverend and Capone had come through the Ludus together and both owed their livelihoods to the toga-clad maestro of hyper-enunciation. He was a good man, Al thought to himself. 

The Russian was a man of good taste and pedigree. That he was chosen to take a step up the ladder in Manhattan was not a surprise to the vaguely cherubic mobster. He ran a tight, well-dressed outfit. Capone respected that. He made sure to congratulate the new district boss on his position, before wandering off into the hubbub of the Copa. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ivan Manhattan
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL