Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 19:45:02
Page:  1 
The Russian Expansion Started by: IvanRomanov on Apr 20, '15 22:10

IvanRomanov approached the streets once more. With his recent appointment of Godfather, he thought it would only seem right to auth a new leader under him. One that was with him since the start of The Plant. Along with that, the man was from Mother Russia. The old ways from communist Russia were in his blood. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to take this time to announce another new appointment in the district of Manhattan. VladimirVoloshin has my permission to set up to be a Captain under myself. With your initiative, respect for others, and hard work you're going to be a great asset to have under me."

Ivan gave the nod to his bodyguards to unveil a new banner.

The Machine Shop

A Division of Factory

"Congratulations Vladimir! I know you'll do well with your new position." 

Report Post Tip

VladimirVoloshin walks up and shakes Ivan's hand and after giving his Former CL a nod,he turns to the crowd before him.

Welcome! I am proud to be here today, with my fellow Comrades... 

I will not take up to much of your time as there is work to be done by all of us in Manhattan, in New York, and throughout our fine world.

First, give me a moment to congratulate my comrade, Ivan, on his new status of acting Godfather of Manhattan. I'd also like to thank Curtis for his find speeches recently and his appointment of my dear friend, ally, and business partner.
I'd like to thank Ivan for the opportunity to head my own crew. My bloodline has never had the opportunity that now lays before me, and I take an oath to do my very best for Manhattan and NY.
I want to announce that my first act as acting Captain of Manhattan is to bring on Woodpond and Prophet as my Right and Left Hand respectively. You've served Ivan and I very well, and it is time you're given Titles and respect you both deserve.

I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time to be here today and involve yourselves with the festivities that are sure to follow. Please feel free to stop by and pay us a visit. We'll be handing out our very own imported Vodka from the motherland until we are dry up.

Now I'm not one for speeches, so I apologize for how little I've had to say, but when the day is done, I've found acting is what we all truly respect. Let us begin, comrades, creating and expanding a greater grander Manhattan. 

Vladimir steps down from the platform, and shakes Ivan's hand once again. He then extends his hand to Curtis as well.

He then turns to Woodpond and Prophet, and raises his Vodka bottle

Поехали!

Report Post Tip

Curtis Arrived at the opening of The Machine Shop. Pleased to see the expected level of polished finish to proceedings, he'd expected no less from the well regimented Russian outfit. He smiled as he shook Ivan's hand and then turned to VladimirVoloshin. Embracing the new Manhattan Captain he smiled warmly.

"Vladimir! Congratulations on your new family. This decision came through no small amount of consideration by Ivan and he stands resolute in you being the right man for the job. I look forward to you doing him proud and enhancing our operations here in Manhattan. Vladimir, I wish you the very best of luck and my door will always be open if you need anything at all."

Curtis reached into his pocket and drew out a set of keys and a black leather notebook. Handing them to the new Captain he smiled.

"This is the ledger and keys to a small distillery we have tucked away a few blocks from here. The set up is such that its old moonshine style stills are better suited to vodka distilling than anything else, so I thought you may get some use out of it. You never know, with a bit of work it might make something decent! Anyway, maybe you can look into it as a possible venture."

Nodding to the two gentlemen, Curtis took a step back to allow others room to pass on their best wishes. 

Report Post Tip

Woodpond walked to the new HQ and had just heard the speech of Ivan.

Congratulations VladimirVoloshin. I know you will do well and i will do my best to help with that.

Report Post Tip

As Tarantino looked Vlad up and down reaching his eyes Tarantino let out a smile

Comrade you have done great work while working within the Plant and with Ivan getting a promotion we all knew someone was going to have to step up and take control of the majority of his HQ in the up coming weeks.

You my friend are very deserving to be wearing that new suit I am excited to see what you and the other comrades beneath you do with this wonderful opportunity that has come upon you.

Slipping Vlad a bottle of Vodka

Only the best comrade from the homeland.

Report Post Tip

Fips was walking the streets, when he noticed a new banner being presented.

"Congratulations VladimirVoloshin! Best of luck with your new position."

Report Post Tip

Hearing the voice of IvanRomanov as she went about her business, Moxie stopped in her tracks and drifted over to listen to his words. As she hears the news of VladimirVoloshin stepping up into a bold suit, a smile breaks out across her face. This news made Moxie's day - Vlad's bloodline was one that had crossed paths with her own several times and it made her so very happy to hear of him getting such a fantastic opportunity to progress in this world.

Moxie first walks over to Ivan and touches his arm lightly.

"Please accept my apologies for taking so long to catch up with you Ivan, but urgent business dragged me out of town for several days. I heard the news of your taking over the role of acting Godfather of Manhattan, however, while on my travels, and it made me so, so happy. You come from a line of great leaders that my line has hugely enjoyed working with in the past and I know that you will be a breath of fresh air through New York when you take over as Godfather."

Turning then to Vlad, she slips a packet of Cuban cigars and a bottle of Vodka in his pocket.

"Enjoy these, my friend, and use them to celebrate your hard work and toast to your future prosperity, please. Congratulations, I know you will be a fantastic addition to the leadership of New York. I'm excited to see all that you achieve, and I know that all that you achieve will be great things."

Report Post Tip

Congrats Vladimir Im sure you'll serve the world as a good deed

Report Post Tip

Irina listened to the big announcement. She was proud to be part of this moment, to see their district expanding and growing. The possibilities of all that they could become was a very exciting thought. She let all the others speak before stepping up to Vladimir. She smiled as she hugged him tightly.

I am so very proud of you. I know that you are going to make this district an amazing place to be. Congratulations my dearest. This is well deserved.

She released him and then reached into her briefcase. She pulled out a box of cigars and handed them to Vladimir. Then she kissed him on the cheek and disappeared into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

VladimirVoloshin walks down through the streets, wandering aimlessly. It was just a short time ago he was just starting out with Ivan. His father had worked for Ivan's, and their father's had worked together as far back as Vladimir could backtrack in his family tree.
He had never been much for the public eye, nor had any of his family before him. They kept quiet, worked hard, and did their best, but never strived for much more than an advisor. There always seemed to be a sort of safety in the shadows. The anonymity was almost as a warm blanket to cover you on a cold night and keep you full of security. Yet, it also meant you missed out on opportunity. You didn't learn who was who or what was what. Or at least you were limited on your learning capacity, to the limits on what you could find out.

But that had changed. Vladimir chose to step out of his family's mold. When learning that Ivan need him, he voluntarily offered his service. And now, Vladimir was heading his own operation. Not something his ancestors ever aspired to or dreamed of. Yet here he was. "Making a name for himself."

He thought back on the conversation he was having with Ivan and smiled. Ivan had asked Vlad how he planned to stay off the Fed's radar. And much like back home, where the KGB hunted him for years, Vladimir set up a small, profitable and perfect front. The Machine Shop. 

Unbeknownst to even some of the most loyal employees, it wasn't just an ordinary fix-a-motor shop. The back storage sheds were filled with Vodka from Russia, Scotch from Vladimir's connections in Scotland, and Moonshine from his friends in the south. Not to mention the money laundering going on in this place. 
That was one good thing about his business. Lots of small transactions. Easy to tuck a few dollars into each one here and there and make his dirty money clean as a whistle.

He never dreamed of being what he is today. He had a sense of pride within him, but also one of much worry. Not indecisiveness, or weakness. But rather worry for his comrades. His decisions now had greater impact on his fellow man. 

Vladimir kicks a stone as he walks... perhaps the same stone he kicked so long ago. 

With a hastened pace he continued on, marking a destination in his mind. 

It's time to work, he says to himself, heading to his new "legitimate" business and HQ.

In his haste he passes I sign that makes him smile as he passes it.

The Machine Shop

A division of

Factory

A hard working family for hard working people

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Russian Expansion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL