Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 01:08:19
Page:  1 
A Thoughtful Mind Started by: Melis on Apr 21, '15 00:14

I sat gazing out the window at a rainy sky. My eyes watched the droplets hit the window and slide downwards. I knew that the rain would be absorbed through the earth and things would use it to grow. A little rain was always needed, I thought to myself. My mind began to speculate on how this would work in the life that I had chosen for myself.

The life I chose was not the easiest of roads to walk. To truly know it would mean that you would have understood how I think and why I think the way that I do.

I was startled out of my reverie by someone saying my name. They did not speak loudly but persistently repeated my name. They drew me out of my own head until I turned to look at them. My head turned automatically but after I blink I really began to see him. He was tall with dark hair. He probably stood about 6 feet. I couldn't exactly place him but I had the feeling that I knew him. A real deep down inside type of feeling. I merely gazed at him and waited for him to speak.

He only looked at me and sat down. Getting my attention seemed to only be a reason to get permission to sit down. We turned towards the window and were once again lost to our own thoughts. The difference this time was that I knew someone else was amongst the silence. Their very presence seemed to make me consider what I was thinking about.

This was crazy I thought. Did my train of thought really just change because of someone's presence? I mean these are my thoughts that go unheard. Then I realized that it was the same with speech. People will change what they say to either impress or insult others that may be wandering around.

Perhaps even the silence is speaking loudly amongst the chatty.

Report Post Tip

Melis, you making another streep-tease demonstration there?

Report Post Tip

Your thoughts are very insightful. I have often observed change in conversation flow just because someone came into a coffee shop. Sometimes for the better, most often to be disparaging. And it makes it worse when you know they really don't know each other.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Thoughtful Mind
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL