Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 09:33:36
Page:  1 
Your personal 'Endgame' Started by: Kazimir on Apr 21, '15 06:57

As we all know, this grey-hued machine known as mafiareturns is an open-ended journey: there is no true endgame – no credits will fade in once you hit a certain level of power congratulating you for your achievements.

We have the freedom to shape our personal adventure and set individual milestones  some more consciously than others  such as: reaching the rank of Godfather or leading your own family.

This thing of ours can – and often will be – utterly ruthless and unforgiving. Many months and several hundred hours of tireless work can be wiped clean with a simple mouse click. Yet, does this harsh reality not make our achievements appear even greater and substantial? Without risk, there is no reward.

I often try to evaluate the purpose of my existence here. Whether I do actually possess a clear vision of what I am working towards. I originally entered this unique and ever-evolving landscape 13 long years ago (granted, I’ve taken lengthy breaks). During all of this time, I don’t believe my personal endgame has ever been something tangible; such as a stat, rank or position of power.

I am chasing a personal high: to exceed past excitement and enjoyment, ultimately reaching a pure feeling of content that I know will never be rivaled.

I pose the same question to the rest of the community. I’m interested to hear your perspective on the subject. Thank you for reading.

Report Post Tip

I never thought about how to end my life in here, but i remember what was that that brought me close to think about an end. When I really felt bored. And that who made me bored was loosing my motivation for more power, or to get a higher rank, or to achieve one of the goals I set in my first steps. But again, although the  disappointment of a situation like that, the end was still far from that. I guess what kept me away from the end was my need to communicate and interact, in the way I do, with the people I do, every day. In other words, the community.

So I guess if one day this community stopped to exist or work in the same way it does for so many years, then that would be my end too.

Report Post Tip
See Melis die.
Report Post Tip

You must have reach your endgame a lot, sir above me.

Now seriously: I dunno what my goal is most of the time, I just see where the ship strands.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Your personal 'Endgame'
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL