Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:48
Page:  1 
Bronx Electric Wrestling Presents: Rumble in the Bronx! Started by: Moxie on Apr 21, '15 22:30

Moxie had been looking for a new business venture since she had moved to the United States of America. Yes, first and foremost, she was a Mafiosi and she lived to serve her Don, but as much as she loved her life with The Electric Company, Moxie wanted to be more than just a career criminal. She wanted to own a business, she wanted to bring some form of entertainment to the masses. Many an evening had passed with her sat in her study, scribbling away at plans and ideas before screwing them up in frustration and tossing them into her waste paper basket when she had discovered some kind of fatal flaw in her plans.

Finally, she hit on a plan she liked, a plan she felt passionate about, a plan that she felt she could bring to the Streets and advertise. Of course, as with any business, Moxie’s ability to actually get it off the ground was dependant on the willingness of those around her to participate, but she had high hopes for this plan.

She had spent much of that evening preparing a poster to advertise her event, and now, with a spring in her step, she headed out to the streets to put it up on the walls of City Hall, ready to talk about her idea.

Stepping up, she clears her throat softly before beginning to speak.

“Ladies and gentlemen, do you have what it takes?”

Leaving the question hanging in the air, Moxie deliberately makes eye contact with those who have turned in response to her statement.

“Do you have what it takes to participate in the first ever event run by Bronx Electric Wrestling – the newest professional wrestling promotion in New York City!?”

Some of those who had turned their heads now looked actively interested, walking over to where Moxie stood to pay closer attention.

“Bronx Electric Wrestling will be hosting a Royal Rumble very soon. We need participants, people willing to throw it all on the line in the name of entertainment. Do you have what it takes? Can you perform, can you take the pain? Do you have what it takes to be the last man standing in the ring and become the inaugural champion of Bronx Electric Wrestling!?

The event will work by having a seven day long registration period, in which competitors can sign up and pay the entrance fee. The entrance fee for this event will be $50,000 – if interest is sufficient, future events may have higher fees in order to increase the prize for the winning entrant, but a Royal Rumble event requires a high level of participation, so I would rather not have anybody curious to have a go put off by the idea of lowering their weekly tribute in order to see how this works. To sign up, transfer myself the $50,000 fee with the note “Rumble in the Bronx” attached, so that my accountant can easily calculate the overall prize pot, and send me a telegram containing the name you wish to perform under. I will not count you as having entered until I have received both a mail and the entrance fee.

Although it is not required, it would be quite nice to see entrants giving us a little introduction to their wrestling persona out here on the streets, so that any watchers can decide who to cheer and who to boo! There will be an additional five credit prize up for grabs for the best introduction that we see, which I will judge myself.

I will keep a separate record of all entrants in a fireproof safe, so that in the event of my death before this event, my next ancestor can take over the running of this event.

Once the registration period is over, I will write a list of numbers between 1 and the total number of participants – let us say that this will be 30, for the sake of explanation. Each number between 1-30 will represent the number with which each entrant will enter the Rumble. Before I randomly assign each entrant to a number between 1-30, I will have the match planned out, with it written down which number eliminates who and in what order. The numbers will then be randomly assigned to the entrants.

I have an agreement with one of our Gods that she will receive a copy of the match plan before I draw entrance numbers, and that she will bear witness to the draw to ensure that it is all fair and above board with no chance of interference or cheating.

The match itself will then be released and the winner, and inaugural champion, will receive the pot of all the entrance fees – which I will be taking no cut from – as a prize!”

Moxie finally comes up for air.

“I’m sorry this is so much to digest in one big long go. But to recap. $50,000 entrance fee to me, with a note saying “Rumble in the Bronx”, and a mail with details of your wrestling name, before 00:01 on the 29th of April. The match will then be planned and the number draw will be witnessed by one of the Gods. Once the match is released, which should be within 72 hours of the closing of registration, the winner will receive the prize, which will be equal to the overall total of the entrance fees. And if you’d like to introduce your wrestling persona publicly before the event, there will be an additional prize of five credits to be awarded to the "best" one, which I will judge and pay out at the same time as the Rumble winners prize!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Tyrion "The Lion" Lannister reporting for duty!

Finally, an event I can get my little teeth into! I'm not the tallest, as you can see, but I think that will certainly work in my favour! Now it's time for me to get some training done.

Tyrion jumps around punching the air and dancing his feet around

Report Post Tip

Wrestling Persona: The Great Mafioso

Entrance: Over the mic you hear "Say hello to my little friend!"

*All 5"4 of me walks out"

*I pull out two M 1911s, and fire 3 bullets from each into the roof. This causes glass to fall over the crowd.*

*No Problem by Scarface starts playing*

*I menacingly walk towards the ring using my gangster swagger to scare the enemy.*

*I lock eyes with my competitor, ready to battle to the end.*

*As I reach the ring I stop for a second and run my thumb across my neck as if slitting it, keeping a constant glare at the                                     competition*

Report Post Tip

Wrestling Persona:

Peter "The Soldier" Quinn. Former US Army soldier, back from war torn regions of the world, missing that adrenaline rush, saw the mob as a way to fill the void that once was for so much of his life. Knowing that politics play a large role, he refrains from putting his true skills to work, until now, in the main event, can The Soldier show the people what he's capable of, or will he go down like a giant sack of turtle shit?

As the announcer reads over, Peter "The Soldier" Quinn walks out to the podium wearing his ACUs, cover off holding firmly in his left hand. Stops in the center, giving a crisp salute to the American Flag laying idle from a rafter above. Faces right, and walks off stage, to the song Soldiers - by Otherwise.

Report Post Tip

Aryastark sees a commotion from the shadows and begins to edge closer without being detected to see what all the fuss is about. She notices that its a wrestling competition and thinks to herself what a good thing this could be. She holds no strength and is but a small girl but she has a fiery heart and the quickness of a snake. She disappears back to the shadows and begins to write her persona.

Hours pass and she reenters the picture with her persona. She hands it over to Moxxie and it reads:

Arya Stark, youngest daughter to Lord Eddard Stark
House Stark
152.4cm
91lbs
Dark Brown Hair

Heart of a fiery dragon who does everything to put her fathers death right. Anyone who wrongs her gets added to a list of people she aims to see dead one day. She also recites this list multiple times whenever she has time to think about anything. She is a girl of few words.

Moxxie looks at Arya and nods. Attached to the back of the persona is $50,000. Moxxie looks down and tears the cash off the persona and by the time she looks back up Arya has gone, back to the shadows in which she came to continue her business.

Report Post Tip

At last what he had been waiting for a chance to return to the squared circle, the people's ring, and a chance to once more layeth the smacketh down upon some roody poo candy asses. Chris hurries to see Moxie a bundle of cash is his hands.

@Moxie: Rock, we heard the news earlier today. You're gonna be fighting at Rumble in the Bronx, your WWE title on the Line against all comers. How do you feel about that?

Chris_Vaughn: Who are you just Barbara Walters all of a sudden, Moxie? Since when did you become all business, Moxie? How about a simple 'Hey Rock'. 'How you doin Rock?'. 'Did you enjoy lunch today Rock?'. 'Did you like your pancakes Rock?'. How about something like that.

Moxie: But Rock, like I said, at Rumble in the Bronx. You're gonna...

Chris_Vaughn: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Moxie. Moxie. You need to let your feelings go. The Rock knows you have feelings for him. The Rock knows that you think about The Rock. The Rock knows that you get that funny feeling in the bottom of your stomach, Moxie. The Rock knows that each and every single time you go right out there in the middle of The People's ring and you ring announce, you think about The Rock looking at you. Admit it Moxie, that you go to bed every single night dreaming about marrying The Rock. Dreaming of one day to become Mrs. Moxie 'Rockcia'. Admit it Moxie, you get wet... with perspiration standing this close to The Rock... Now, Moxie, The Rock knows how you feel about pie. But how do you feel about strudel? Moxie, would you like to try some of The Rock's strudel?

Moxie: More than anything in the world, Rock.

Chris_Vaughn: What in the blue hell is wrong with you? The Rock was just informed that he had a match at Rumble in the Bronx. A handicap match between The Rock, and every other jabroni who reckons he can go one on one with the Great One and the only thing you can think about and talk about is dessert? A little professionalism, Moxie, please! (Moxie begins to speak) Shh. Shh. Shhhhhh. (The People focus on Chris as he turns to face them.) The Rock has a dream, has a dream that he's winning the Royal Rumble, going on to Wrestlemania and from coast to coast, New York to China, and back to New York! Sea to shining sea, The Rock one more time on top of the mountain top, WWE Champion! And you see just like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr had a dream, well we all have dreams, but there has been one dream that has become a reality to The Rock, one dream that's becoming true to The Rock. Day after day, night after night, 24 hours a day,.... 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and that one dream is The Rock forever whipping ass, whipping ass....Thank God Almighty, The Rock is whipping ass!

Rumble in the Bronx, the Brahma Bull against TyrionLannister, the Master of Coin. It does not get any better than that. Yollo, Hugor Hill, The Imp, as far as the The Rock is concerned, the greatest book ever written is entitled 'The Brahma Bull vs. The Master of Coin.' And the beauty of this novel is that it has infinite chapters. Which means it never ends. It also means, for the rest of your natural life, The Rock will be kicking your monkey crap ass all over God's Green Earth... And when it's all said and done, all the smoke has cleared, and the millions and the millions of The Rock's fans have finished chanting his name... and you and The Rock float up to that big World Wrestling Federation ring in the sky, and you extend your hand and say, "Hey Rock, thanks for the memories..." don't be surprised if The Rock looks at you, raises The People's Eyebrow, shakes your hand right back and says, 'No, Tyrion Lannister... thank you for the memories.' And then, Tyrion, The Rock will take his other hand and slap the taste right out of your mouth for being the biggest piece of Trailer Park Trash walking God's Blue Heaven!

Now, Moxie. Back to your question. How does The Rock feel about Rumble in the Bronx? Well, The Rock feels about the Rumble, just as he feels about being defacto head of the Bronx, right here in New York. The Rock feels about 'em just as he feels about everything else and that is simply... electrifying. If you smell what The Rock... Moxie, stop thinking about The People's Strudel... is cooking!

Report Post Tip

Jack listened to the passionate speech thoughtfully. As Moxie finished, he raised his hand to speak.

"Well, lemme tell ya, dearie, why can't a wrestler light the fireplace?" He paused, and then grinned good-humoredly. " 'Coz he loses all his matches.

"Aw, I'm jus' kiddin' around. Sounds like a great idea! Sign me up! All six feet'o me, mind you. An' I'll be called 'The Electrician', in honor of my very own family." Jack winked at Chris_Vaughn before continuing. "Also, just t'make sure I don't screw up none, will there be any rules? I'm afraid it might not be street-legal to electrocute your opponents, huh?"

Report Post Tip

Having watched some of the first promotions being cut by the early entrants to the Rumble in the Bronx, Moxie smiles to herself. This was a good idea. She'd been counting the entrance fees and marking down the entrants on the list, and following a couple of quiet conversations, it was time for her to make a big announcement regarding the Rumble. 

Ladies and gentlemen, if I might have your attention for a moment?

Thank you to the generosity of Chris_Vaughn and Roco, I am delighted to announce that an additional $1,500,000 dollars will be added to the final prize pot, to be awarded to the winner of the Rumble! If that doesn't make signing up that little bit more tempting, I'm not sure what more well!

Just $50,000 to throw your name into the hat and be added to the Rumble, to be sent alongside a mail to myself informing me what name you wish to enter under!

JackOfAllTrades, I can confirm exclusively here and now that the only rule to the Rumble in the Bronx, is no killing your fellow entrants. Anything else goes!

As a more general point of interest, if anybody would be interesting in running some kind of betting ring on the Rumble, I have had some interest from people looking to gamble on it, so please feel free to send me a telegram and we'll see if we can figure something out along those lines.

Report Post Tip

Although she had barely had time since sitting down after making her last announcement updating the prize for the Rumble in the Bronx to mail out some more flyers and start to organize the betting ring, following an envelope slipped in her pocket, Moxie found herself standing up and trying to catch the attention of those waiting around to see more entrants begin to introduce themselves to the world. Clearing her throat, she began.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have another exciting announcement to make! 

Following an additional generous donation, this time by SandorClegane, the total prize to be claimed for the winner of the Rumble in the Bronx now stands at a round total of TWO MILLION DOLLARS!!

Not to mention ladies and gentlemen, that that prize will continue to grow for each and every person to throw their name into the hat, because the winner takes all in the Rumble in the Bronx!

Report Post Tip

Tarantino comes running through

"OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOUR ASS BETTER CALL SOMEBODY!"

Tarantino let out loudly so everyone could hear

"This is my prize simply all mine my opponents better be ready for a fight I'll beat a man for fun add some money in and it's hold no punches."

Tarantino nodded to the lovely Moxie

"Sign me up dear."

Report Post Tip

PeterMcNeil walks up to the registration stand, a flag wrapped around his shoulders.  The air ruffling his mustache ever so gently, like blade of thick grass in the spring wind.

"Aye I'm up for a scrap, just for the hell of it, nothing like letting off some steam through the art of boxing."

With the money on the table it was all set.  He would enter this glorious battle.

Peter "Chibs" McNeil

Report Post Tip

Walks into the main office to speak with management

My supporters and I were wondering what was going on with this event, we're excited to get into the ring!

Nods, walks out of the building.

Report Post Tip

The event will be taking place with potentially a short delay in arranging the match due to severe technical difficulties that I am currently experiencing (I have had to take a short break from the upper structures of my crew due to this also). I am hoping to have things resolved in the next few days, but it is important to me to have the draw verified as planned to ensure full transparency for this event so that will have to happen first and that currently isn't possible.

But the event will most definitely still be going ahead, please don't worry about that.

Report Post Tip

Walks into the empty building where the match should be happening

I sure can't wait to get into this ring. Please keep us informed as to when this will be happening!

Tips his hat, walks outside and vanishes

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bronx Electric Wrestling Presents: Rumble in the Bronx!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL