Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 14:00:59
Page:  1 
The Life & Death of a Corrupt Agent Started by: VadHandeMedDem on Apr 23, '15 22:13

Sitting in a bohemian cafe, Vad sits with his book-keeper and a hired hand.  They are talking business.  Vad sinks his double espresso in one go and starts to talk...

I had a corrupt agent, his price was 10 market credits, I paid just under $4.5M for them.  He worked for me for 30 days, in that time, he didn't do too much for me.  Eventually, his work totally dried up.  He had been kicking up cocaine and tipping me off about this and that.  Nothing exciting.

So, my hired hand "sacked" him and we won't be hearing about him again.  The book-keeper says that we made $5M in total.  That's not much, compared to what was paid to get him on board.

I want you guys to go out and find out what you can...

How much should be made off a Corrupt Agent?  And is there any way of making more with them?

What's the most anyone's made?  Are they worth it?

Report Post Tip

I think having an inside man is completely worth it. I can be a fairly lazy and cheap bastard at times. So when I see an opportunity to not have to keep bribing my local Federal Bureau of Narcotics agent repeatedly and wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars over time I jump on it! I think the most one of my inside guys have made me was a little over 6 million in profits, now I understand what you're saying 6 million over an entire month. That's is quite the investment for a marginal return but it's still a return none the less and then if you add in what you would have saved by not having to bribe any narcotics agents on top of that you might be able to add another half million with that. Downtown there is also a place that you can check out for the public records of the top profiting agents as well. I will point you there instead of trying to recall what the highest I have seen as my memory isn't the best and wouldn't want to give you false information. 

Afghan grabs his coffee that was waiting at the counter for him after he finished speaking to Vad and headed out the door.

Report Post Tip

To be clear, it's not a question of how much can this man make you. The question is, how much can you make from this man.

You see, the man you've hired can work day and night, arresting all the scum he can find and stealing their coke for you to sell at a profit.. but if you are short sighted and sell your coke to any Tom Dick or Harry for a small sum, then you won't make his job very worthwhile and you won't make a large sum of money over the course of that 30 days he is working for you.

I think currently, the Godfather Chaiman Curtis has managed to squeeze a lot from those he employs. It makes sense though, someone thats as strong and powerful as Curtis can scare the Officer into acquiring a lot of drugs for him, and he has the ability to sit back and wait until he finds someone desperate enough to pay top dollar for his product.

Tyrion pulls a list out of his pocket and hands it to the man

Here, read this

You'll be surprised at how little you settled for.

Report Post Tip

Tyrion shakes his head

It seems my eyes are defective tonight. Too much damn wine. It is the man they call DeadlySin, from the family of Curtis, that has squeezed the most from his Officer.

The point remains the same, he is a somewhat formidable man and is someone the officer would fear, and is again a wealthy man who is rather astute when it comes to these matters and manages to obtain top dollar for his product.

So.. patience is key really. Let the Officer do the work, bring in the product, and have the balls to hold out for a high price before you sell.

Report Post Tip

Is it best to save all of the wares and sell them in one go?  Does sitting on product motivate the corrupt agent to produce more or less?

Report Post Tip

In my experience, there is nothing you can do to motivate the Officer.

He simply gets what he can, when he can. But to answer the other question.. Yes, Save save save. If you see someone looking to buy Coke for more than 9.5k, then I offload. Others may wait for a higher figure though, Chicago and Detroit are seemingly the most popular Cities to find high prices.

Report Post Tip

The disparity is striking - and it seems to make sense to me that a seasoned veteran such as DS gets more than double out of his CA than others do.

I wonder if he'll share some trade secrets?

Report Post Tip

Well actually... Ivan has overtaken DeadlySin now.

So, perhaps you can contact your Crewleader for any hints or tips he may wish to share.

Report Post Tip

cough cough

If it wasn't for those Bloody Lannisters our world would have been much tougher, wherever a question is asked, you find them there offering help....

I may not be the most experienced when it comes to drug trafficking but I know my way, A corrupt agent makes up to 7 millions total profiting you something between two or two and half millions. However, I have had some people approach me with a similar problem like the one you have, covering it's expenses barely, which is a loss in my opinion. It's a monthly investment, if you don't make the most of it, then you're losing, but then how can you make the most of it? According to some experiments done by some fellow mafiosi, selling 1302 at an average price of 9.8k would make you a total income of 6.9 millions, that in-case your agent never came across any opportunities to acquire more drugs on your behalf.

I saw the opinions saying to wait and sell at one go, that's a huge mistake in my opinion, I heard of people losing around 1000 units off their CA due to the long wait, patience is a virtue, but not the longtime one, that's a weakness. A war might break down and your corrupt friend dies, or even worse he may get cancer and die. What would you do with all the units you kept staking on him? Nothing, they are lost now.

So let me tell you a few tricks I learned off my father, I always happened to find that very high coke in Detroit, no matter what people say, or do. Detroit is best when it comes for drug trafficking, the prices are usually profitable. so me being the lurker I am, I travel to DT, each morning at 7 am and leave sometime between 10 am and 1 pm, all I care to do is check how much the local dealer might be charging every hour at :35, if the local dealer is charging around 9.5k for coke or higher, I stick around and I keep traveling between districts till I come across a dealer that would buy off me for 10k or close. I sell whenever I get a chance at such a high price. Waiting is a loss, besides I heard a rumor, that the more frequently you sell, the better your agent's chances are to acquire drug units on your behalf.

But... That's just a rumor...

Archy shrugs

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Life & Death of a Corrupt Agent
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL